HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Who are the Bruins fans at HFboards? Register here!

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2010, 06:25 AM
pfaffi89
The german hammer!

vCash: 500
Hello!

Name: pfaffi

Favorite current Bruin(s): Milan Lucic, Shawn Thornton

Favorite all-time Bruin(s): /

Favorite non-Bruin players: Andrej Trefilov, Tommy Jakobsen (both were players of my favourite hockey-club in germany)

Movies: The Naked Gun, The Departed, American History X, The Football Factory, Hooligans, The Life of David Gale

Music: Ska-Punk, Ska, Punk, Dropkick Murphys, Broilers, Mad Caddies, Bosstones

Hobbies/interests: Hockey, Football(soccer), Sports, Music, Concerts, Groundhopping, Beer

Origin of your screen-name: my last name without "i"

How I became a Bruins fan: In 2008 I start to watch Bruins games, in 2009 I've been in Boston to watch 2 homegames and now I try to watch every game, if its possible

How long I've been a Bruins fan: Since 2008

Old
11-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Hey there Bruins fans.

Name: Richard (R.J.)

Favorite current Bruin(s): Patrice Bergeron

Favorite all-time Bruin(s): Cam Neely

Favorite Bruins Moment: Being at Game 6 of the 2007 playoffs to force Game 7 against the Habs

How I became a Bruins fan: Being born into a hockey family basically put it into stone. I just decided to run with it.

Favorite non-Bruin players: Marty St. Louis, T.J. Oshie, Patrick Roy

Favorite all-time non-Bruin players: Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg, John Vanbiesbrouck

Least Favorite Players: Dan Carcillo, Scott Hartnell, Mike Ribeiro, Derrick Roy, Ulf Samuelsson

Movies: Most Tarantino movies are my favorites

Music: Everything but Country

Favorite Food: Probably a good Cheeseburger

Hobbies/interests: Hockey, Writing, Guitar

Origin of your screen-name: Name + Bergeron

Last edited by Sir Richard 37: 11-22-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
jmon13

New Here

(I didnt see a new member introduction thread, if there is one, I'm sorry I made a new thread, I can be blind and miss simple stuff from time to time)
Hello fellow bruins fans, I've been lurking here for about 6 months now and figured its about time I post. I have a huge apprieciation for all the dedicated and well informed posters here.

A little about me, I'm 19, going to New england tech for video game design, live in RI. I've only been following the bruins since the last season, (great year to start I know ). I grew up following the Patriots, and casually following the Celtics. I got into hockey because my now 9 year old sister plays(fun fact, she plays on a team with Rob Murrays son), and is a huge bruins fan, along with buying NHL 09 the year before.

I basically fell in love with the sport and seriously regret not playing when I was a kid, and plan on learning how to skate this winter. Hockey is now more important than football to me, and I havent missed a bruins game since dec 09. I've jumped into the sport head first and am always trying to learn more about everything related to hockey, but in a year feel I can hold my own in any current hockey conversation(though, maybe not with some of you). I respect all the old time players, but honesty havent seen any clips of anyone except the best ever, bobby orr.

Looking forward to particapating here, and contributing the best I can.

Last edited by jmon13: 11-22-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old
11-21-2010, 09:55 PM
TuukkaTime

You have seen Bobby Orr, but if you want to talk truly great Bruins you need to get to learning on Petr Tenkrat, one of the best B's of all time.

Honestly though, welcome aboard, there's a few loonies here so watch out and have a good time.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:05 PM
compan

I was in a similar situation where I dove head first. Its a long road full of ups and downs but welcome! I began my freshman year of college when we were the 8th seed and habs were the 1st seed and we took them to game 7 a couple years ago.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:31 AM
djcreepshow

Welcome! There can never be too many Bruins fans!

Old
11-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Colt.45Orr

welcome here!

Old
11-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Just FYI, Wheeler, Ryder, and Hunwick will not get you a stud defensemen.

Old
11-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Afam*

Welcome on the site.Glad to have you here.

Old
11-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Fair Warning

Welcome a-board! (pun TOTALLY intended). See you around.

Old
11-22-2010, 08:22 AM
SpokedLightning
Tampa Bound

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
This, also It's all Wheelers fault and Thomas is better than Rask...or is it Rask that's better than TT ? I always forget.

Oh and welcome

Old
11-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Welcome to the board !

11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
jmon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
And Eklund is a complete fake, correct?

I know this, I will not be one of the new posters that spams stupid trade offers.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:55 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon13 View Post
(I didnt see a new member introduction thread, if there is one, I'm sorry I made a new thread, I can be blind and miss simple stuff from time to time)
Hello fellow bruins fans, I've been lurking here for about 6 months now and figured its about time I post. I have a huge apprieciation for all the dedicated and well informed posters here.

A little about me, I'm 19, going to New england tech for video game design, live in RI. I've only been following the bruins since the last season, (great year to start I know ). I grew up following the Patriots, and casually following the Celtics. I got into hockey because my now 9 year old sister plays(fun fact, she plays on a team with Rob Murrays son), and is a huge bruins fan, along with buying NHL 09 the year before.

I basically fell in love with the sport and seriously regret not playing when I was a kid, and plan on learning how to skate this winter. Hockey is now more important than football to me, and I havent missed a bruins game since dec 09. I've jumped into the sport head first and am always trying to learn more about everything related to hockey, but in a year feel I can hold my own in any current hockey conversation(though, maybe not with some of you). I respect all the old time players, but honesty havent seen any clips of anyone except the best ever, bobby orr.

welcome aboard.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=181

theres your register thread, its stickied

Old
11-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon13 View Post

Enough said, rest assure, you will not see anybody better than Orr.

Welcome aboard and all the best to you.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Hippie

Welome to the Lunatic Fringe, step on in and have some kool-aid, Nutrocker will be played & then the meeting will begin...

Old
11-22-2010, 01:05 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Welcome to the zoo!!!!

Old
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
jmon13

Wheeler, Ryder, Hamill, Hunwick and 2013 2nd rounder for Stamkos.

Am I doing it right?

Old
11-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Welcome to insanity

If you decide to make trade proposals, try them on NHL 11 first. If they work there, you'll get high marks here for your efforts.

Seriously though, you're joining a great bunch of people. The key to survival is to respect everyone's opinion no matter how far fetched they seem. You'll find that some may seem like they've had the cheese slip off their cracker, just smile and move on.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Greek_physique
Caron..Jordan Caron!

Welcome aboard

Old
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
CrimsonBruin21

Name: Hamilton

Favorite All time Bruins: Sanderson (passed on from my parents), Bourque, Neely, Donato, Sweeney

Favorite Current Bruins: Seguin, Chara

Favorite Non Bruin Players: John Tavares, Mark Streit, Ryan Miller

Favorite Movies: Miracle, Slap Shot, Youngblood, Saints and Soldiers, Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Music: Guns N' Roses, U2, NIN, Metallica, The Replacements

Hobbies: Golf, Hockey, Fitness, Boating, Travel

Favorite food: Mexican, Palm Steakhouse(s), Seafood

Favorite Beer: Spaten, Corona

Favorite Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Funny enough- I am a long-suffering (28 years) New York Islander fan who has simply had enough with Wang's Wacky Circus on Long Island and have decided to make my permanent new home with the Boston Bruins. As much as I have bled blue and orange- I have ALWAYS had a soft spot in my heart for the Bruins. My grandparents used to love to go to the old Madison Square Garden- and even though they were living in New York- root for the Bruins- and goaltender Frank Brimsek and the Kraut Line in particular. Then my parents were both massive Bruin fans when they were in graduate school in Boston in the late 60's and early 70's with Orr, Espo and of course Derek Sanderson (Hence my "Derek Sanderson Fan Club" sig). Additionally, even though an Islander fan- I was always "pro-Bruin" growing up (probably b/c of my family history with the team) and really enjoyed the 87-88; 89-90; 90-91 and 91-92 playoff runs. Finally- we're a big Hahh-vudh family (I am living proof that they do let in a few knuckleheads every year) and always enjoyed following Sweeney and Donato among others... and I also used the Bruins as my refuge during my college years in the late 90's and early 00's (i.e. end of the Bourque era- beginning of Thornton and Samsonov, etc.). Hope the BU, BC and Northeastern guys take it easy on me.

How long I have been a B's fan: OFFICIALLY- about 1 week. UN-OFFICIALLY (i.e. as my "second" team)- since the 87-88 playoffs. Just remember LOVING Rejean Lemelin and watching him play out of his skull against the Habs and Devils. Always liked and respected the Bruins ever since. Also- just to be clear- I come to the Bruins with a deep respect for what the great New York Islanders once were (I have vague memories of the dynasty and then some really great memories of the LaFontaine and Turgeon eras). Sadly- the Islanders bare absolutely no resemblance to not only their great teams of the past- but to a legitimate NHL franchise. They're basically committing consumer fraud in my eyes and their continued operation and what they do to their dwindling fanbase is nothing short of a disgrace.

Anyway, I am full bore BLACK AND GOLD now. I don't do something unless I'm all in- and I'm all in. So much so- that if in some alternate universe hell freezes over and the Bruins played the Isles in the playoffs- I would 110% root for the Bruins. I'm signed- sealed- and delivered (literally). I wouldn't be here until I felt that way...

Origin of screen name: College + Bruin + 21 for Ted Donato

Jerseys owned: Ray Bourque ca. 1988 black "road" jersey with the "C". In the market for a new Bruin jersey. Definitely going Seguin- but can't decide which jersey to go with. Love ALL of them. No Fisherman jerseys to worry about here...

Anyway- I'll probably just lurk the next couple of months as I get fully up-to-speed on the Bruins ca. 2010- but I hope to interact with you guys and make some good contributions in the future. I've always loved the passion of Bruin fans and the interest and excitement for hockey in the Boston/New England (i.e. Bruins, Beanpot, Prep School, Youth Travel, etc.) area generally. Feels like I've literally been "born again" as a professional hockey fan. Much needed after 17+ years in the wilderness...

Old
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Continue here : http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...7#post29248437

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Closed Thread