HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal @ Philadelphia | Nov. 22 @ 7pm (RDS/TSN-Habs)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Alright back on topic please, enough with the murder crap, this is a hockey board!

Old
11-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Since some of you seem to be a little confused with the rules, here's a friendly reminder.

We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Teufelsdreck

This would be my ideal scenario for the game in Philadelphia. It goes scoreless into the 3rd period, In the last 5 minutes of the 3rd the Habs take 2 penaties and have to defend against a 5-on-3, They hold off the Flyers. They take another penalty in OT but again the Flyers don't score. In the shootout Tortorella elects to shoot first. Price stops Carter. Plekanec scores. Price stops Richards. Cammalleri scores. Game over, Why did I choose this scenario? Because the Flyers would experience the depths of frustration as they miss every opportunity even when it's handed to them on a silver platter. Oh yes, and Subban skates off unscathed and waves to the fans.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Capitano

I just hope it's a tight game so the players focus on playing hockey. I would be thrilled with a point.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
This would be my ideal scenario for the game in Philadelphia. It goes scoreless into the 3rd period, In the last 5 minutes of the 3rd the Habs take 2 penaties and have to defend against a 5-on-3, They hold off the Flyers. They take another penalty in OT but again the Flyers don't score. In the shootout Tortorella elects to shoot first. Price stops Carter. Plekanec scores. Price stops Richards. Cammalleri scores. Game over, Why did I choose this scenario? Because the Flyers would experience the depths of frustration as they miss every opportunity even when it's handed to them on a silver platter. Oh yes, and Subban skates off unscathed and waves to the fans.
So Laviolette is fired mid-game? I wonder how Richards would feel with having Torts has coach and being yelled at.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:00 AM
HomaridII

More food for thought:

Quote from Ian Laperriere

Un défenseur de ce talent, on voudrait l'avoir dans notre club. Mais c'est un fait que Subban passe son temps à se plaindre après les jeux qui dérange. Un moment donné, assez c'est assez. Je suivais le match de l'autre soir à la télé et même de mon salon il (Subban) me tombait sur les nerfs. Si j'avais la chance de jouer ce soir, je peux t'assurer que son nom serait sur mon plan de match. Je ne dis pas que Mike ou un autre va partir après lui, mais il devra être conscient de ce qu'il fait sur la patinoire et assumer ses responsabilité

Old
11-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
So Laviolette is fired mid-game? I wonder how Richards would feel with having Torts has coach and being yelled at.
I am embarrassed by my error. I have a tendency to confuse the two and this wasn't the first time.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Hes a player you love to have on your team, and you hate to play against. That's why I love Subban. Haters gonna hate. He makes you mad, then rubs it in with his talent. Can't wait for tonight, but I wish Henry was his defense partner...

Old
11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'd laugh if PK showed Richards some "respect" tonight the same way Richards showed respect to Booth
You got it all wrong. Booth had it coming due to prior lack of respect

Old
11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Markovskaya

Lol, like Subban can be afraid of anything.

HEIGHT: 6' 0" WEIGHT: 206

I'm sure he can punch more then enough if needed and handle a few punches on the jaw, if it happens.

Last edited by Markovskaya: 11-22-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old
11-22-2010, 10:12 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
Lol, like Subban can be afraid of anything.

HEIGHT: 6' 0" WEIGHT: 206

Mean black meat. I'm sure he can punch more then enough if needed and handle a few punches on the jaw, if it happens.
i thought we has up to 215lbs

Old
11-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
i thought we has up to 215lbs
That' according to NHL.com

Maybe he gained a few pounds since ?

Old
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
So, pretty sure this is the Flyers lineup:

Goon-Goon-Goon
Goon-Briere-Goon
Goon-Goon-Goon
Goon-Goon-Goon

Goon-Goon
Goon-Goon
Goon-Goon

Goon
Goon
You forgot Crybaby & Whiner or are they not dressed tonight?

Old
11-22-2010, 10:26 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
That' according to NHL.com

Maybe he gained a few pounds since ?
i remember him being 205lbs in the offseason and there was an article saying that he gained 10lbs of muscle.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:27 AM
FF de Mars

We should target Richards and then have Subban fight him. I'd drive him crazy.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
i remember him being 205lbs in the offseason and there was an article saying that he gained 10lbs of muscle.
Well 215 Lbs 6'0

Old
11-22-2010, 10:36 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
More food for thought:

Un défenseur de ce talent, on voudrait l'avoir dans notre club. Mais c'est un fait que Subban passe son temps à se plaindre après les jeux qui dérange. Un moment donné, assez c'est assez. Je suivais le match de l'autre soir à la télé et même de mon salon il (Subban) me tombait sur les nerfs. Si j'avais la chance de jouer ce soir, je peux t'assurer que son nom serait sur mon plan de match. Je ne dis pas que Mike ou un autre va partir après lui, mais il devra être conscient de ce qu'il fait sur la patinoire et assumer ses responsabilité
So... he didn't play against him but he knows what he said?!

Stay home Lappy, your career is done.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
More food for thought:

Lappy takes his team and Captain's side in a dispute. Shocking.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
neofury*

Mike Richards is awesome. He's made a bigger fool of the Flyers fan base than the Bruins fan base did to themselves with that moral victory crap. I can smell it this year, we're going to give Philly a thorough beating and they'll all be saying it was a victory in terms of respect

FYI: I wasn't bashing the Philly fan base, just stating the obvious that Richards does a damn fine job of making his team and fan base look respectable

Old
11-22-2010, 10:50 AM
PricePkPatch

I just realised Richard probably shot himself in the foot by making his previous declaration. If he had wanted to have Subban shut up, and wanted to put some "pressure" on the kind, he could have used his team's good to go at him.

but now that he has stepped up and declared that he's having a problem with Subban (anyway, that's how it's being interpreted) people/Philly public is going to put a lot of pressure to make sure HE is the one fighting Subban, and not a 6'8" goon.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Mike Richards is awesome. He's made a bigger fool of the Flyers fan base than the Bruins fan base did to themselves with that moral victory crap. I can smell it this year, we're going to give Philly a thorough beating and they'll all be saying it was a victory in terms of respect

FYI: I wasn't bashing the Philly fan base, just stating the obvious that Richards does a damn fine job of making his team and fan base look respectable
Beating the Habs in 2 of the last 3 playoffs has been their moral victory. Everytime there's an argument they come back with "But with beat you in the playoffs". If they had won the Cup, I would probably care but they didn't.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Since some of you seem to be a little confused with the rules, here's a friendly reminder.

We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams.
Well, you did.

Good luck to the Habs fans tonight. Been waiting all week for this game and it's finally here

Old
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
More food for thought:

This is stupid. Subban plays an intense game and he tries to get under peoples' skin so that means he should be targeted? Throughout this whole Richards/Subban incident, I think people are more aware of Richards being a baby than Subban being a *****.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
More food for thought:

Can someone translate it to English?

Old
11-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Thanks GKJ, it's going to be a long day for both Habs and Flyer fans while we wait in anticipation for this one.

Excellent GDT CHamps!
I really think this has been overblown. I'm not convinced this game will be as intense as expected by many.

Quote:
More food for thought:

He could tell from his living room that Subban was complaining??..
Complain about what??..I rarely saw Subban speak to the refs, so who is he complaining to??..

This is hilarious.

Closed Thread