HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobvosky tired, Lavi not concerned?

Old
11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Bobvosky tired, Lavi not concerned?

Sorry if someone posted this already, but I was away all weekend and didn't see it anywhere here

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...t_tonight.html

"Laviolette said last Thursday that he was not concerned with Bobrovsky’s fatigue level, despite the fact that the 22-year-old rookie told a Russian-language news outlet that he was tired. Bobrovsky made 12 straight starts before Saturday"

How can Lavi not be concerned if Bobrovsky has stated that he's tired?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:57 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Sorry if someone posted this already, but I was away all weekend and didn't see it anywhere here

"Laviolette said last Thursday that he was not concerned with Bobrovsky’s fatigue level, despite the fact that the 22-year-old rookie told a Russian-language news outlet that he was tired. Bobrovsky made 12 straight starts before Saturday"

Seems par for the course to me. Any rookie would be tired playing that many starts in a row. It also explains why we're seeing more of Boucher. I'm actually glad that Lavi isn't panicking, but I hope he realizes he was pushing Bob too much and lets Bouch play more.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:58 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

Because he'll get a few days of rest and be good to go. What is there to be concerned about?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:04 AM
BringBackStevens

I think I saw the actual quote earlier and he didn't really say that he was tired like it's being portrayed here

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Well Boosh is starting again so obviously Lavi cares if Bob is tired.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

This was said during the broadcast.

Bobrovsky said to Russian reporters that he was tired, presumably right after his last win.

Bobrovsky then told Laviolette that he wasn't feeling fatigue at all in the next meeting apparently.

As far as you can tell based on that game, goaltending was a disaster for everyone. Not sure why, but it seemed like one of those nights. Bob could've been tired, but it's also possible that he wasn't.

Then he came out the next practice (again according to the broadcast) and had a great morning at practice. They still gave Boucher the nod.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Well maybe somebody should get some clarification and ask whether he was mentally fatigued or physically tired or maybe both...

From what I gathered in one particular translation Bob may have been mentally tired more than anything b/c as he said he really concentrates on following the play. You could tell he was "off" mentally the last couple of games in that regard. He's also probably feeling a bit of pressure to continue proving himself. He made a veiled comment like that unless the translation is off...

Physically, he may be tired as well but he's young and it's not that taxing on him yet as the good/active practice the next day seems to suggest.

Having said all this..I think he needed a couple of games off. He's not exactly Martin Brodeur, Turco etc who can play 60+ games just yet. I think it's not a good idea if Laviolette wants to force the issue...it could push him to develop quicker but there is a fine line with that stuff and Lavy needs to be careful with his penchant to ride the hot hand too long.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Boosh getting back to back starts, and Bobo being pulled in a blowout game means Lavy isn't concerned?

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This was said during the broadcast.

Bobrovsky said to Russian reporters that he was tired, presumably right after his last win.

Bobrovsky then told Laviolette that he wasn't feeling fatigue at all in the next meeting apparently.

As far as you can tell based on that game, goaltending was a disaster for everyone. Not sure why, but it seemed like one of those nights. Bob could've been tired, but it's also possible that he wasn't.

Then he came out the next practice (again according to the broadcast) and had a great morning at practice. They still gave Boucher the nod.
They played Boucher because Bobs told Reese he needed a rest.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Because he'll get a few days of rest and be good to go. What is there to be concerned about?
That's what my first thought was. I think OP is taking the word "concerned" a bit too seriously.

Lavy's "not concerned" in the sense of "after a few days rest, he'll be just fine."

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
They played Boucher because Bobs told Reese he needed a rest.
That's true too.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 01:03 PM
pelts35.com

For anyone accusing me of making more out of what it is or portraying this to be something it's not, I didn't use the word "concerned", that was in the article that I referenced.

However, Lavi is the same coach that overplayed Emery last year after he recovered from injury, which then led to Emery's season ending injury. Riding a goalie on a hot streak is one thing, playing him in 12 straight games in the first 2 months of the season (including a couple of back to backs) is another.

Last edited by pelts35.com: 11-22-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old
11-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
For anyone accusing me of making more out of what it is or portraying this to be something it's not, I didn't use the word "concerned", that was in the article that I referenced.

However, Lavi is the same coach that overplayed Emery last year after he recovered from injury, which then led to Emery's season ending injury. Riding a goalie on a hot streak is one thing, playing him in 12 straight games in the first 2 months of the season (including a couple of back to backs) is another.
So Lavy playing Emery after he came back from injury somehow led him to avascular necrosis? Not following here.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
So Lavy playing Emery after he came back from injury somehow led him to avascular necrosis? Not following here.
Playing him in so many games could have accelerated the condition. There's no way to know when the condition would have completely debilitated him (this coming from a personal contact that had this condition in his knee).

Old
11-22-2010, 03:00 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
No way did overplaying Emery accelerate avascular necrosis. Maybe his stomach or whatever he had surgery onw as weak, but Avascular necrosis was coming no matter what. It is a genetic disease, playing hockey had nothing to do with it.

I guess lavi is just being fair to Boucher, as in if you win you stay in

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Terence Peterman

He's an aware man. He's not going to overtly say he's concerned. We might get a couple hints throughout the year, but I'd wager on nothing more.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So do you think it will be 2 or 3 starts in a row for Boosh before we go back to Bob?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:24 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

You claim you're not overblowing anything, then you almost blame Laviolette for ending Emery's season. What are you getting at here?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So do you think it will be 2 or 3 starts in a row for Boosh before we go back to Bob?
Until he loses.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I said this after his 10th straight start. Didnt bother to post it here though.

You can't expect to play your goalie that many times consecutively and on top of that, expect him to continue with such a dominant performance.

He should have never played that Habs game and definitely not started that Tampa game. And I am not saying this on hindsight either. I said this way before either game had been played.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I said this after his 10th straight start. Didnt bother to post it here though.

You can't expect to play your goalie that many times consecutively and on top of that, expect him to continue with such a dominant performance.

He should have never played that Habs game and definitely not started that Tampa game. And I am not saying this on hindsight either. I said this way before either game had been played.
I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to get a look at just precisely how much Bobrovsky has in his tank. Maybe see how much fight he has in him too. Playoffs are demanding, I would want to know exactly what I had on my hands if I were Laviolette.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Boosh didnt have a terrible game today (except for that 1st goal) play him until he loses or plays bad

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:10 PM

vCash: 50
Does seem odd that we ride him for 12, then rest him for 2+. The common sense approach would be to play 8, rest 1, play 4, rest 1, play 4, rest 2 or similar. Keeps both goalies fresher.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxrichards View Post
Boosh didnt have a terrible game today (except for that 1st goal) play him until he loses or plays bad
Bob is the teams starter. Boosh had a nice small run. Put Bob back in though.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
mtxed

I guess Bob will go down to waivers when Leights returns .

mtxed is offline   Reply With Quote