HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#22: Canadiens @ Flyers - Monday, Nov. 22, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
markzab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
I am not trolling or anything like that. I am just curious why most Flyers fans hate PK so much?
It's not just the Flyer's fans or Flyer's players...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/...bban_richards/

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
People tend to over-use the semicolon way too often. Most of the time a simple period is more appropriate. Really, his original line should have just read...

"Doesn't matter which one. It could either be the first one or the last one."

Moving on...

EDIT: Actually, taking off the word "one" from the 2nd sentence would serve it best so it's not repetative with the first sentence...

"Doesn't matter which one. It could either be the first one or the last."
My father used to make insane claims like he invented the question mark.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
The ideal situation would be to get a big lead early then just abuse them physically. They really don't have anyone who could stop Pronger Shelley Hartnell and Powe. We really could have used Carcillo for this one.

GO FLYERS

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:09 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
It's not just the Flyer's fans or Flyer's players...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/...bban_richards/

I read alot of this thread and most of you are calling for PK's head. I dont get it. If he played the exact same way but played for the Flyers you all would love it.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
The ideal situation would be to get a big lead early then just abuse them physically. They really don't have anyone who could stop Pronger Shelley Hartnell and Powe. We really could have used Carcillo for this one.

GO FLYERS
Can we physically abuse them if the game is tie?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:11 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
I read alot of this thread and most of you are calling for PK's head. I dont get it. If he played the exact same way but played for the Flyers you all would love it.
its not as bad as Habs fans comparing Mike Richards to Todd Bertuzzi in the Habs board.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:14 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
its not as bad as Habs fans comparing Mike Richards to Todd Bertuzzi in the Habs board.

Well that wasen't me. Mike Richards is a great player and I fear him as an opponent of the Habs. But, in this case I feel he was wrong. Just because PK is young and he is a rookie he shouldn't stand up for himself or his teamates? I'm sorry I dont get it.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StandingCow

Quote:
Yea, but he doesn't play for the Flyers. It is like all the hate over on your forum for mike richards and Prongs... if he played for you guys you would love it.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Of course that is how it is.

But he isn't on our team so i cannot stand him. He talks way too much. Always has and always will. Watch him on the ice. He complains for calls and smack talks players. There is nothing wrong with smack talk but he doesn't back it up. I remember when he tried to get in Arron Asham's face last year in the playoffs. Asham just pushed him aside and was like get the **** out my face.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Kaktus*

P.K better wear a full cage mask tonight.

Someone will slap him for sure.

Kid has talent for sure.. Thats not what this is all about.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I am not trolling or anything like that. I am just curious why most Flyers fans hate PK so much?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I saw enough of him in junior. I think he's talented, but he was a huge puckhog and a bit of a hot dog when he was with Belleville. I've heard he's a great kid off the ice, but I don't like puckhogs or hot dogs on the ice.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I saw enough of him in junior. I think he's talented, but he was a huge puckhog and a bit of a hot dog when he was with Belleville. I've heard he's a great kid off the ice, but I don't like puckhogs or hot dogs on the ice.
Only in bed.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
wow, the habs GDT is really pathetic.....

they are compairing the number of murders/100k between Philadephia and Montreal to show Flyers fans mind set. mind numbing!
but I'm not even from the Philly area, but then again, I am from the murder capital of Canada

I am surprised that Boosh is back in net, and JvR is scratched, I would have thought Z would be the odd man out aftre being demoted last game. Maybe there is an unknown injury for JvR

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM
jb**

hope the fans kick out the ole chant.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:26 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
but I'm not even from the Philly area, but then again, I am from the murder capital of Canada

I am surprised that Boosh is back in net, and JvR is scratched, I would have thought Z would be the odd man out aftre being demoted last game. Maybe there is an unknown injury for JvR
Yea, Z seems like a bit of a puck hog, he tries to do **** himself, then loses the puck, and is like oh well. He was hitting a lot in one game... but that comes and goes.

God what I wouldn't give to just hear shelley sits...

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
wonder what will be said when a beer comes flying at a Canadian player

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
wonder what will be said when a beer comes flying at a Canadien player
Oh please. The news would spread like wildfire around HF and every newspaper in Montreal before it finished dripping. And of course, we'd hear about throwing batteries and tossing snowballs and booing Santa.

By the way, I corrected your quote - the "a" in there makes a huge difference. I am a Canadian, I want nothing to do with the Canadiens.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
By the way, I corrected your quote - the "a" in there makes a huge difference. I am a Canadian, I want nothing to do with the Canadiens.
Doesn't the change from "a" to "e" denote a change in sexual preference?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
chromemaro

Quote:
Meh. Who knows

I like how he handled the richards situation, although I do hope sparks fly tonite.

Subban is probably my fav hab

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
I saw this in the GDT, and I think it's hilarious. Well done to whoever put that together.
Potential for a massive jinx.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Doesn't the change from "a" to "e" denote a change in sexual preference?

No it's a difference between the french and english way of saying it.

Good game tonight guys, I hope it doesn't get too dirty out there because both are teams have alot of speed and skill and it should be fun to watch.

BTW I respect Richards alot, in my book he's one of the best players in the league because of all he brings to the table but he really made himself look stupid with his coments and Don Cherry agreeing with him just confirms that Whats a rookie suppose to do?

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
I tossed it together and I was well aware of the potential when I made it...he's not allowed more than 3 in regulation this season so I banked on my jinxing powers not being that powerful (I also left the original '60' and '70' in there...just in the nether-regions!).

Glad you all didn't hate on me for that post, just wanted to share the joke image.

Here's hoping for a good game tonight boys, I would love some (honest) hard play from both teams. A PK vs. Richards scrap, Moen vs. Shelley, Lapierre vs. Carcillo...any of that would be great by me.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
I tossed it together and I was well aware of the potential when I made it...he's not allowed more than 3 in regulation this season so I banked on my jinxing powers not being that powerful (I also left the original '60' and '70' in there...just in the nether-regions!).

Glad you all didn't hate on me for that post, just wanted to share the joke image.

Here's hoping for a good game tonight boys, I would love some (honest) hard play from both teams. A PK vs. Richards scrap, Moen vs. Shelley, Lapierre vs. Carcillo...any of that would be great by me.
May I ask Flyers' fans if Carcillo is still injured?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

Carcillo is out. Injured for 3 weeks. He would add to the entertainment factor. I don't think Lapierre vs Carbomb is a fair fight at all.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

Any Habs fan is welcome as long as he brings hilarious photoshops. At least in my book.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote