HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ Philadelphia | Nov. 22 @ 7pm (RDS/TSN-Habs)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really think this has been overblown. I'm not convinced this game will be as intense as expected by many.
I was speaking more about the rivalry between our teams, even without the Richards/Subban incident. Personally I look forward to when we play the Flyers, in the same way I do the Leafs or Bruins.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
He could tell from his living room that Subban was complaining??..Complain about what??..I rarely saw Subban speak to the refs, so who is he complaining to??..This is hilarious.
Come on...don't be so hard on him. You know...post-concussion symptoms....

Old
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
More food for thought:

Quote from Ian Laperriere

Un défenseur de ce talent, on voudrait l'avoir dans notre club. Mais c'est un fait que Subban passe son temps à se plaindre après les jeux qui dérange. Un moment donné, assez c'est assez. Je suivais le match de l'autre soir à la télé et même de mon salon il (Subban) me tombait sur les nerfs. Si j'avais la chance de jouer ce soir, je peux t'assurer que son nom serait sur mon plan de match. Je ne dis pas que Mike ou un autre va partir après lui, mais il devra être conscient de ce qu'il fait sur la patinoire et assumer ses responsabilité
Translation to the best of my limted knowledge of French:

A defenseman with talent, we would like to have him in our club. But it is known that Subban always complain after the plays that he didn't like. At certain point, enough is enough. I followed the game the other night on TV, and even from the couch, Subban really get into my nerve. If I had a chance to play tonight, I will assure you that his name will be on my game plan. I do not say that Mike or another player will run after him, but he has to be aware about what he is doing on the ice and assume his own responsibilities.

Another threat from another Flyers' player. What else is new?

Last edited by JustAHabFan: 11-22-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old
11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
It's not a threat, its a warning. Where in there does it say anything about going to hurt him etc? between this comment and the Richards comment and the Crosby comments you would think PK would know enough to at least shut his mouth for a bit on the ice.

Believe it or not someone will clean his clock with a legal hit, or kick the crap out of him in a fight if he doesnt shut it. I love the cockiness of you habs fans in thinking he is as clean as they come....By the sounds of things he has garnered less respect from around the league then Sean Avery. Bravo Subban, Brave
You show us the Crosby comments otherwise don't put him in this mix with the crybaby Flyers talking in the media. Jeremy Roenick called out Richards as the whiner and he's right.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
It's not a threat, its a warning. Where in there does it say anything about going to hurt him etc? between this comment and the Richards comment and the Crosby comments you would think PK would know enough to at least shut his mouth for a bit on the ice.

Believe it or not someone will clean his clock with a legal hit, or kick the crap out of him in a fight if he doesnt shut it. I love the cockiness of you habs fans in thinking he is as clean as they come....By the sounds of things he has garnered less respect from around the league then Sean Avery. Bravo Subban, Brave
What the hell are you talking about??..

You think Richards would shut his mouth if Crosby and Malkin told him to keep it shut during a game??...

Show me one incident where Subban has been dirty. If it's so obvious that he ''isn't as clean as they come'' then it shouldn't be very hard for you to bring some examples forward.
Talking smack on the ice is not considered dirty. Otherwise, about 90% of this league is dirty.

PK is a trashtalker, God, he's evil. And it proved to be rather effective. So cry me a freaking river.

But let's say PK was indeed dirty (which he is not), how ironic is it that a dirty player like Richards whines about another player being dirty?..

Old
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:

Clean as they come? Who said that? You seem to be the only guy

Frankly I could not care less what Richards thinks about Subban, especially minutes after what was a frustrating loss for the Flyers.

If Richards is so offended, being the pillar of virtue that he is, perhaps he should fight PK

As for learning to shut up? Perhaps Richards needs to learn a thing about that too, in front of a microphone. Especially after frustrating losses

Old
11-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
More like a warning? No?
Warning is the diplomatic way of threatening.

I'm not saying I would hurt him, but you know, if I were on the ice I'd be looking for him................so I can get an autograph..
What exactly do you think this warning implies??...

This is pretty much a threat. The only reason they can't flat out say ''I will try to nail him'' is because they will be fined.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
More like a warning? No?
"Nice place you got here. Be a pity if something happened to it."

Of course it's a threat. That's what bullies do when they're afraid to actually stand up and fight their own fights. They give "warnings" that "someone" might do "something".

Old
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about??..

You think Richards would shut his mouth if Crosby and Malkin told him to keep it shut during a game??...

Show me one incident where Subban has been dirty. If it's so obvious that he ''isn't as clean as they come'' then it shouldn't be very hard for you to bring some examples forward.
Talking smack on the ice is not considered dirty. Otherwise, about 90% of this league is dirty.

PK is a trashtalker, God, he's evil. And it proved to be rather effective. So cry me a freaking river.

But let's say PK was indeed dirty (which he is not), how ironic is it that a dirty player like Richards whines about another player being dirty?..
The problem is that PK 'trash talks' better than most probably...and what's worse, he backs it up with his play.

This whole thing is so petty if you ask me...

Old
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

We should get the Bell Center to play Aretha Franklin's "Respect" as our goal song whenever we play the Flyers from now on.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:49 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Richards attempted to fight PK but the refs got in the way. Did you miss the game?
Richards tried to fight Kostitsyn, PK came in instead, Richards backed off until the linesman showed up.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:49 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
That's coming from Ian Laperriere, however, one of the most respected players in the league. I would put some weight behind that comment.
OK we will, now thanks for dropping by. Wait a second here, why the **** would we put some weight behind what Lappy saw from his ****** living room ! As if he wouldn't stick up for his whiny captain !

Old
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
Maybe Richards will teach Subban like he taught David Booth? Or Krejci? I would certainly respect anyone player who consisstently hits other players in the head with the intent to injure. Richards has earned that respect... one dirty hit at a time.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
That's coming from Ian Laperriere, however, one of the most respected players in the league. I would put some weight behind that comment.
True...but can ANYONE show me what PK has done or does to be disrespectful?

And don't tell me that he talks trash during games, i've been to enough NHL games and have sat close enough to benches to hear that the majority of players in the NHL talk trash to each other, and some of the things they say would make a sailor cringe

Old
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
He is playing for the Flyers. He is watching the whole thing on TV, how the hell does he know what is happening on the ice?

Old
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageHF View Post
We should get the Bell Center to play Aretha Franklin's "Respect" as our goal song whenever we play the Flyers from now on.
I would love it if this became PK's theme song...much like the Price is Right theme has become Carey's.

Whenever PK makes a big play/scores a goal/gets an assist/throws a hit etc...next stoppage in play "RESPECT" is played through the speakers.

The mighty mouse theme would be a good choice for some of our more skilled forwards (Cammy, Gio)

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Richards attempted to fight PK but the refs got in the way. Did you miss the game?
PK skated away from the refs and wanted to fight, Richards didn't look very interested that night, We will see tonight what happens, should be a great game

Old
11-22-2010, 11:52 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageHF View Post
I love this idea!!

Old
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Richards went after AK, then PK went to AK's defense and Richards was saved by the refs. That's what I saw.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Please do not feed the trolls , Thank You

Old
11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

why is Subban getting crapped on by loads of people for trashing talking when every other player does it...
and dont give me the "its because he is a rookie and needs to earn the respect" line because that is horse ****...
so its okay for ass holes like Richards to head hunt....
neat

Old
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
I merely replied that Lappy is well-respected and that he too was frustrated by what happened in the game. Which, frankly, means Subban is doing his job well. No need to get defensive and petty.
Lappy also said it's a player he'd love to have on his team. So to me, that pretty much just shows that PK is doing a great job, but Lappy has to back up his captain.

And if PK is so disrespectful, then why hasn't Pronger said a word about it??..I'm sure you agree he would have gladly made some public statements about him.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Capitano

I think if Subban was a Flyer, he would be praised rather than 'called out'.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Please do not feed the trolls , Thank You
Ahh! i was looking for the original post to report. Mods are faster than me.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I think if Subban was a Flyer, he would be praised rather than 'called out'.
I think we all know this to be true, except for one so called 'expert' here.

Go Habs - let's answer them on the score sheet. They've allowed a pile of goals lately, so let's light them up tonight...

Closed Thread