HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards/Mike Ribeiro Are They Options?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
  #101
bobbop
Henrik & Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And, again, you keep broadening the argument. Again, I never defended the Debbies signing Kovalchuk. All I disputed was that it did not keep the Debbies from addressing the issues on defense. Again, whether or not they made the correct choices was not what I argued. The Kovalchuk signing caused other problems, but, those weren't the issues that were being discussed. And, the Debbies' problem run deeper than just the Kovalchuk signing. Start with the inability to draft and develop quality young D-men, and then throw in the prior poor signings of players like Elias, who's not worth his contract and Zubrus...plenty of cap-choking contracts. Brodeur has been awful in the playoffs. I never thought Kovalchuk was a good fit for the Debbies last year. And, I am not disputing anything you just posted. But, again, none of that was what was being debated.
Thje argument has to be broader. In a salary cap world, one move often dictates several others.

Me? I'm thrilled Lou has made such a mess -- this isn't the first time he's mismanaged contracts (i.e. Rafalski, Madden) or the cap (i.e. Malahov) yet he is still so revered. I don't know why.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
  #102
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,972
vCash: 500
I remember when they were tight on the cap they got Morris for Prucha, Dawes and Kalinin and Kalinin was an obvios salary move to make it happen then he went to the KHL as a UFA

sooooo in theory they could move Frolov and Rozsival at 9 million and combine that with Christensen , Gilroy ,picks and a top prospect like Grachev for Richards and a guy like Daley who can slot into Rozies spot?

Talking out of my rear but it would work dollar wise no?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
  #103
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,269
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I remember when they were tight on the cap they got Morris for Prucha, Dawes and Kalinin and Kalinin was an obvios salary move to make it happen then he went to the KHL as a UFA

sooooo in theory they could move Frolov and Rozsival at 9 million and combine that with Christensen , Gilroy ,picks and a top prospect like Grachev for Richards and a guy like Daley who can slot into Rozies spot?

Talking out of my rear but it would work dollar wise no?
Boy that offer does nothing for the Stars. Christensen and Gilroy are not the basis for a package. They are throw ins. The only thing that has less value than Christensen or Gilroy is Christensen and Gilroy.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:06 PM
  #104
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Any trade with the Stars for Richards is going to see Rozsival and McDonagh, among other things, going the other way. They need young defense, we can afford to move McDonagh, and we need to move Rozsival to make the numbers work.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:06 PM
  #105
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,269
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Any trade with the Stars for Richards is going to see Rozsival and McDonagh, among other things, going the other way. They need young defense, we can afford to move McDonagh, and we need to move Rozsival to make the numbers work.
And that's assuming that they want Rozsival.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
  #106
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And that's assuming that they want Rozsival.
I don't see why they wouldn't, to be honest. Their defense is paltry, they have financial issues, and his real salary is less than his cap hit. Plus, he's off the books after next season, so if they don't like him they can let him go or move him at the deadline next year as a rental.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
  #107
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Any trade with the Stars for Richards is going to see Rozsival and McDonagh, among other things, going the other way. They need young defense, we can afford to move McDonagh, and we need to move Rozsival to make the numbers work.
You probably have to include a forward prospect not named Kreider, and perhaps the Caps 2nd rounder, especially if you don't want to include a #1.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
  #108
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
If Steve Eminger is a permanent fixture on one of our top 2 defensive pairings for an entire season, lord help us all!

That will not fly....
Richards & Eminger >>> Roszival & Christensen

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
  #109
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Yeah I don't see what the big uproar is about moving Rozsival. Sauer and Eminger are both there at RD to absorb minutes if needed. I would love to be able to move both his and Drury's salaries though. That would be ... freedom.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:23 PM
  #110
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And that's assuming that they want Rozsival.
being realistic on their end they are not going to find many teams that have the cap space sothey literally have to take a contract back. Rozy is a 5 million cap hit but only 3 million in actual dollars...........I can see the Stars liking that

this rumor is going to carry on all year until the inevitable and Richards is moved

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
  #111
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You probably have to include a forward prospect not named Kreider, and perhaps the Caps 2nd rounder, especially if you don't want to include a #1.
Grachev would be the obvious, and I'd be fine with that. I don't want to trade any of Kreider, Thomas, Werek, Horak, Stepan, Sauer, or Valentenko.

McDonagh, Grachev, McIlrath, Kundratek, Hagelin, or Bourque...take any 2 plus Rozsival and White and it's a deal.

Or take Rozsival, White, McDonagh and 2011 first. I'd be all right with that, because we'll be a playoff team this season, especially if we get Richards, and our system is fairly deep and our team is very young.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  #112
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
If we are actually (as opposed to wishful thinking) well positioned to be a Stanley Cup contender once we shed some contracts and add some star-power, why are we gonna blow that on Brad Richards or Mike Ribeiro.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  #113
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,269
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
being realistic on their end they are not going to find many teams that have the cap space sothey literally have to take a contract back. Rozy is a 5 million cap hit but only 3 million in actual dollars...........I can see the Stars liking that

this rumor is going to carry on all year until the inevitable and Richards is moved
So it's assuming they want Rozsival.....

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
  #114
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Yeah I don't see what the big uproar is about moving Rozsival. Sauer and Eminger are both there at RD to absorb minutes if needed. I would love to be able to move both his and Drury's salaries though. That would be ... freedom.
Don't even think about it as Eminger replacing him. Just Sauer, because so far, Sauer has not shown himself to be incapable of doing that. He's not a kid fresh out of juniors or the NCAA. He's been in the A for a while. He knows what he's doing. So if you don't think Eminger should be part of the future, then nothing has really changed. He's still a third-pairing guy you want to get upgrade at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
If we are actually (as opposed to wishful thinking) well positioned to be a Stanley Cup contender once we shed some contracts and add some star-power, why are we gonna blow that on Brad Richards or Mike Ribeiro.
Mike Ribeiro would be blowing it. Brad Richards, one of the top 10 playmakers in the league, fills our biggest need and is tailor made to play with Marian Gaborik.

Can you imagine Richards and Gaborik on the Power Play? Gaborik would be up at 50-55 every year.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
  #115
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,231
vCash: 500
But then what happens if Richards doesn't resign? We're kind of ****ed.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:24 PM
  #116
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
The more I think about it the more it makes sense to go after Richards at the deadline. I like Rozy but people here cant be serious about not wanting to dump him to get Richards. Eminger has played better and you increase Sauer role a little bit.

Richards brings in high end skill something we are lacking. THe year after when Drury and Rozsival contracts expire there really aren't any impact players as free agents. They got to make a run at Richards now. You put Richards on this current rangers team they will become very dangerous.

From what I read Dallas loves McIlrath and would of drafted him if we didn't. I would do something like Grachev, McIlrath or McDonagh, some picks and maybe another young forward prospect for Richards. And find a team that will take Rozsival & send White to hartford. Richards and Torts get along real well he will resign if we get him.

And if we have to buyout Drury in the summer to make sure we resign Dubinsky & Callahan so be it.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:28 PM
  #117
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
The more I think about it the more it makes sense to go after Richards at the deadline. I like Rozy but people here cant be serious about not wanting to dump him to get Richards. Eminger has played better and you increase Sauer role a little bit.

Richards brings in high end skill something we are lacking. THe year after when Drury and Rozsival contracts expire there really aren't any impact players as free agents. They got to make a run at Richards now. You put Richards on this current rangers team they will become very dangerous.

From what I read Dallas loves McIlrath and would of drafted him if we didn't. I would do something like Grachev, McIlrath or McDonagh, some picks and maybe another young forward prospect for Richards. And find a team that will take Rozsival & send White to hartford. Richards and Torts get along real well he will resign if we get him.

And if we have to buyout Drury in the summer to make sure we resign Dubinsky & Callahan so be it.

If we give up Mcilrath for a rental who will be hard to resign it would be a disaster. Not based on what I think of Mcilrath, but based on what the organization is supposed to think of him.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:30 PM
  #118
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 500
Yeah, to resign Richards, we'd have to move even more salary. Not to mention that I would expect the Stars to ask for Stepan/Anisimov, who I would ABSOLUTELY NOT give up. Then we have to resign him and might be forced to give away Dubi/Cally who are both expecting raises. Ribeiro wouldn't cost us nearly as much and has been right around a PPG the last three years as a playmaker which is exactly what we need for Gabby. It allows the Stars to keep Richards.

Rangers Send:

Rozsival
Frolov
McDonagh

Dallas Sends:

Ribeiro
Karlis Skrastins

The cap hit we'd be sending is a little higher but the real salaries are nearly even for this year. They can dump Frolov after this year to save 3 million, not to mention that Rozie only makes 3 next year and McDonagh can start on their defense right away on an ELC. This moves improves their defense and lets them keep Richards.

For us, we downgrade our defense with Skrastins but he's an expiring after this year. Plus, we can definitely make a move for a D-Man at the deadline this year. Rozie is good but there are names out there that can step in as replacements. Just by looking at upcoming free agents on poor teams, here's some names.

Ian White, Steve Staios, Mark Giordano, Kaberle, McCabe, Pitkanen, Babchuk, Brent Sopel.

Dubinksy-Ribeiro-Gaborik
Prospal-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Stepan-Drury
Avery-Boyle-Prust
Extras: Boogie, EC

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Eminger
Sauer-Skrastins/Gilroy

With the option to grade a deadline D-Man for cheap.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
  #119
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Rozsival, McDonagh, Valentenko, Sauer...send em all packing. Who needs defense.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.