HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 10:30 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

PM Me to get your name on this list.

Xbox360
ForsbergIsOdin - Harvkill1919
JSTAFF - JSTAFF00
Hubey1327 - Hubey1327
IrishSniper87 - IrishSniper87
awright25 - awright25
Cobiemonster5 - Occisore
DjsIzzy - DjsIzzy
sa cyred - vI recon Iv
triqsix - triqsix
Gordie Howe Headlock - NaddaFinga
Go For It - PvVikings81
Harakiri - Atum Sen Geb
mattmicko - mattmicko
xchrisx159 - v Chris Hansen
Jagerpuck - Jagerpuck
Hollywood Cannon - ll Teh Don ll

PS3
ForsbergIsOdin - NorseForce
TheDrizzle81 - The_Drizzle81
Cast - castfulldays
mm6492 - manslaughter101
ToTheNet - SFHMilenko
defmincex13 - defmincex13
MoOsE - DaHammer28
triqsix - triqsix
dingbathero - dingbathero
flyerfanish - rakelspekktakel
Beef Invictus - Beefhammer_psk
SolidSnakeUS - SolidSnakeUS42
Hollywood Cannon - Scuba_Don
dbow2019 - dbow1920
Galvo - nub whisperer
KimiFerrari - Scuderia-Patone
DrinkFightFlyers - dtwright
stazza18 - stazza18
forzanerazzurri - forzanerazzurri

Continue the nerditry.

Last edited by ForsbergIsOdin: 02-03-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old
11-22-2010, 10:31 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Another double post today... HF is ******** all over my face.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:31 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Also, could a mod add "PSNs/Gamertags" to the title like in the last VG thread?

Thanks.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

GT: nub whisperer

I mostly play FIFA 11 and Blops at the moment. I play some NHL 11 but the game really bugs the crap out of me to the point of popping in FIFA.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:33 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

my gamer tag is vI recon Iv, not iV

Old
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
StandingCow

Stupid games not coming out for PC.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

PC gaming online>>>>>>>>>>>>Consoles

Unfortunately my current PC cannot run the newer games. So i'm still stuck playing Counter Strike and Quake.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Updated the GTs

Old
11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
IrishSniper87

My bad about the double double posts in the last thread. I typed a post, tried to post, it said database error. Hit back, tried again, nothing.

Typed a shorter 2nd post, same issue, gave up thinking none went thru, apparently they all went thru.

ANYWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester:
Double double post FTW!

I like the Famas, personally. Though, I'm playing with the Galil right now just to get some more XP out of the gun. About to prestige, though... so will be back on the Famas in short order.

The G11 is unreal if you like 3-round burst guns.
I am a fan of 3 round burst in Domination, as you either come in two flavors (defend the flags or try to capture more). 3 round burst with any sight gives you lethal killing ability at longer range, but makes shorter range slightly less effective.

I like the Famas so far, but I havent found it to be adequate outside of medium range. For whatever reason, the Galil has served me better, but it's personal preference really. I tend to go with Ghost and stay stealthy as opposed to the "RunNGun" a lot of players use. That's just me though. I prefer to treat CoD games like a slightly more arcade version of SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS, which is one of my favorite games of all time (I could destroy people on the Blizzard map in the original, oh those were good times).

Old
11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
IrishSniper87

Holy double post, Batman!

Old
11-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

The G11 sucks in my opinion.

It's hit or miss

The AK47u was my favorite at first but since i been leveling like hell with prestige i have found other guns that i like. The Stoner63 is epic with a red dot sight. In the sub-machine gun category i have started loving the PM63. Also at first i hated the m16 but i pretty much own with it now. The Galil is by far my favorite. Put a suppressor on it and there is practically no recoil. Really all the guns are pretty balanced.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
My bad about the double double posts in the last thread. I typed a post, tried to post, it said database error. Hit back, tried again, nothing.

Typed a shorter 2nd post, same issue, gave up thinking none went thru, apparently they all went thru.

ANYWAY

I am a fan of 3 round burst in Domination, as you either come in two flavors (defend the flags or try to capture more). 3 round burst with any sight gives you lethal killing ability at longer range, but makes shorter range slightly less effective.

I like the Famas so far, but I havent found it to be adequate outside of medium range. For whatever reason, the Galil has served me better, but it's personal preference really. I tend to go with Ghost and stay stealthy as opposed to the "RunNGun" a lot of players use. That's just me though. I prefer to treat CoD games like a slightly more arcade version of SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS, which is one of my favorite games of all time (I could destroy people on the Blizzard map in the original, oh those were good times).
If you silence a FAMAS it literally has no recoil, commando blows everything out of the water IMO.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post

Unfortunately my current PC cannot run the newer games. So i'm still stuck playing Counter Strike and Quake.
CS and Quake still rock though. Through in some D2 and you can be entertained for years.

If you wanna add me to the top list, my PS3 ID is Scuderia-Patone. Although I rarely play FPS or Sport games online.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

I will just say for now, that Ill be on FF14 once its out for PS3.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:

ANYWAY
I've been having this problem today as well. It tells me I double post every time, but I never actually do.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
If you silence a FAMAS it literally has no recoil, commando blows everything out of the water IMO.
Oh wow, I haven't thought about it like that. I'm used to walking the trigger, but the recoil on the regular Famas is pretty significant, and I skipped the silencer on the Famas and was just using the silenced M16 as my "tactical" loadout.

I should give the silenced Famas a try. That could be a DEADLY Demolition and Domination set-up with Ghost, Warlord and Ninja/Hacker. I usually carry the frag, smoke/decoy, and motion sensor for this set-up with the rocket launcher (I NEVER, EVER use the pistol. It's worthless. Either grab someone elses gun or die).

My biggest issue with the Famas (and I KNOW it has been nerfed and all) is that it lacks the sheer stopping power of the Galil. I assume the silencer will simply increase this difference.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Yeah the Commando is pimp.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
CS and Quake still rock though. Through in some D2 and you can be entertained for years.

If you wanna add me to the top list, my PS3 ID is Scuderia-Patone. Although I rarely play FPS or Sport games online.
Unfortunately i don't have a Ps3

Just the 360

Old
11-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

The suppressor kills a lot of recoil on certain guns. The Galil is the most noticeable. The M16 as well. But a lot of people don't like the burst weapons. The Enfield is a pretty good AR as well.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Anyone play Starcraft 2?

And I'm glad to see some people still play CS and Diablo II. Reminds me of high school and not studying for anything

Old
11-22-2010, 02:08 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Oh wow, I haven't thought about it like that. I'm used to walking the trigger, but the recoil on the regular Famas is pretty significant, and I skipped the silencer on the Famas and was just using the silenced M16 as my "tactical" loadout.

I should give the silenced Famas a try. That could be a DEADLY Demolition and Domination set-up with Ghost, Warlord and Ninja/Hacker. I usually carry the frag, smoke/decoy, and motion sensor for this set-up with the rocket launcher (I NEVER, EVER use the pistol. It's worthless. Either grab someone elses gun or die).

My biggest issue with the Famas (and I KNOW it has been nerfed and all) is that it lacks the sheer stopping power of the Galil. I assume the silencer will simply increase this difference.
I didn't like the Famas at first, but once I got sleight of hand pro and slapped a supressor on it forget it, I fire a 5 or 6 shot burst and the sight barely moves. I use a ghost set up when defending and hardline when I'm attacking. I do wish shotguns were a bit more powerful, I can live with the range limitation but shotguns have no chance against anything automatic unless you get within 20 feet. Aiming down the sight with a shotgun should greatly increase your accuracy IMO.

Do you like the decoy irish?

Old
11-22-2010, 02:13 PM
EasyMac

Not sure how many of you have ever played/still play in online leagues using the freeware version of EHM, but the league I am in called the GHL has several openings:

This is an online EHM league that uses the oldschool freeware version of EHM (not NHL:EHM). I know there aren't many people still using it as there once was but it still is a lot of fun. If you are looking for another league to join, or want to get back into the world of online leaguing with EHM, this is the league for you.

The GHL is close to finishing it's 22nd season. You read that correctly, 22 seasons have been completed in what is one of, if not the oldest EHM league around. That means you don't have to worry about getting into the league only to have it fold quickly. Not surprisingly, as the league has been around for so long all real players have long since retired and it is a purely fantasy league. Currently there are 5 teams open.

Dallas Stars: They missed the playoffs, but they've got some good players/prospects, just need a dedicated GM to push them in a direction. Just drafted one of the top players in this years draft class.

Edmonton: A bad team, they've been hurt by the previous GM trading away their 1sts the past few years, which set back their rebuild. Definitely need some work. For the truly experienced gm looking for a challenge.

Nashville Predators: One of the top teams in the league, the Preds are solid from top to bottom. Not a lot of work will be required to have them constantly competing for the cup.

Philadelphia: A perennial powerhouse, they have fallen a bit after their GM decided to switch to a different team. Still have several top end players but need some work.

St. Louis: A perennial powerhouse, they have been GMless for a bit but still have a strong team. Just missed the playoffs but definitely are a playoff caliber team.

A little about the league: Obviously this is a very long running, stable league. The GM's overall are a bit older of a crowd then most leagues, with most GM's in their mid 20's to late 30's. We try to keep as friendly of an atmosphere as possible although rivalries are of course encouraged.

Sims take place Sun-Tues-Thurs with 7 EHM days simmed per sim.

Some links to check the league out:
Gamefile
Rules

If you are interested in taking over a vacant team, send an email to:
lines@eastside-globalhockeyleague.com

And say which team you are interested in and what experience you have with EHM/online leagues.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Old
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I didn't like the Famas at first, but once I got sleight of hand pro and slapped a supressor on it forget it, I fire a 5 or 6 shot burst and the sight barely moves. I use a ghost set up when defending and hardline when I'm attacking. I do wish shotguns were a bit more powerful, I can live with the range limitation but shotguns have no chance against anything automatic unless you get within 20 feet. Aiming down the sight with a shotgun should greatly increase your accuracy IMO.

Do you like the decoy irish?
The decoy certainly has its uses. My non-Stealth classes mostly use the decoy (more due to lack of funds to unlock more **** then anything else). It's real good for flushing out campers. Don't forget, most campers rely on Ghost to stay hidden, which means they watch the mini-map like a HAWK (trust me, the kinds of people looking to stay OFF the mini-map are the players who rely on it the most). It's crucial to their survival in fact as their suppressor means that in a gun fight, they are less likely to come out on top unless THEY get the drop on someone.

However, the decoy makes a ton of noise and lights up on peoples mini-map, meaning you can quickly confuse people and make them THINK they are being attacked 2v1 when in fact it is a 1v1 standoff. I find this is REALLY useful for getting stealth players running around in a panic (especially given that unlike the flashbangs, you can direct the decoy away from players to give them a false sense of security also).

The motion sensor is something I love also, especially when camping. You can drop them behind walls and other things, but they constantly catch people even with Ghost on. They have a small area they can cover, but if you learn to place them properly, they can be devastating. Think 2 or 3 floor buildings where you have the sensor on the top floor and literally know if ANYONE is in the building on any floor.

Claymores are also very useful, and I will aim to unlock them next, but motion sensors can be picked up when dropped, meaning a smart player can drive forward, drop the sensor in buildings to see if anyone is upstairs, then pick it up and move on again.

Old
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

Holy hell yes.

To be honest, to help out a friend, I actually started playing Demon's Souls online again. I do kind of miss that game .

Old
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Jester

Quote:
The G11 sucks in my opinion.

It's hit or miss

The AK47u was my favorite at first but since i been leveling like hell with prestige i have found other guns that i like. The Stoner63 is epic with a red dot sight. In the sub-machine gun category i have started loving the PM63. Also at first i hated the m16 but i pretty much own with it now. The Galil is by far my favorite. Put a suppressor on it and there is practically no recoil. Really all the guns are pretty balanced.
The G11 and the AK74u are the only guns they're considering making any changes to... because there are concerns they are overpowered. If you are good with 3-round burst guns (like the M16) you can just slaughter with the G11 because it's dead on with all three rounds.

Quote:
The decoy certainly has its uses. My non-Stealth classes mostly use the decoy (more due to lack of funds to unlock more **** then anything else). It's real good for flushing out campers. Don't forget, most campers rely on Ghost to stay hidden, which means they watch the mini-map like a HAWK (trust me, the kinds of people looking to stay OFF the mini-map are the players who rely on it the most). It's crucial to their survival in fact as their suppressor means that in a gun fight, they are less likely to come out on top unless THEY get the drop on someone.
Ghost is pretty much a necessity in this game because there are so many spy planes going up all the time. I was running with Hardline Pro for a while to screw around with care packages and see if I could strike gold on a few runs with care packages, but it wasn't working out... went back to Ghost and my k/d shot back up. The other thing is that because the suppressors nullify the kick, it pays to just run with it on most of your AR classes.

I've taken to running counter-spy plane and a launcher... so I basically do everything in my power to F with the other teams mini-map.

Closed Thread