Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

Troy Ofukany

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2005, 12:30 PM
London Knights

vCash: 500
Troy Ofukany

Can anyone familiar with him give me a bit of a description of his past and overall game.

I can't say that I am too familiar with the WHL in depth, but his play as a rookie in the Memorial Cup really impressed me. Whether it was just that his name was quite memorable (and rather fun to say), he really seemed to contribute in a nice way in both the offense zone and the defense zone battling for pucks and in throwing checks.

Old
05-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Youreallygotme

he played in AAA Kamloops and was i dont know a 4th(?) rounder or something like that. He had 28 points i think this season and none in the playoffs. He's a great forechecker with good but un-tapped offensive skills.

Old
05-30-2005, 10:20 AM
CurtisJD13

He was a late round pick, from a trade via Spokane. Good size and grit, plays a physical game and scores chippy goals. Late NHL draft pick to maybe not at all.

Old
05-30-2005, 04:18 PM
KRF

http://kelownarockets.com/players.asp?ID=94&POS=C/W

i think troy scored something like 57 goals his last year of midget hockey in kamloops, but only got about 13 this year. i think next year he will get more goals, but he seemed snake bitten alot this year. he had lots of chances but never burried them. works hard and likes to hit, hopefully he can get bigger numbers next year.

you do have to be carefull saying ofukany OFOLKannie

Old
05-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Avery4Byng*

He was like a 9th round bantam pick i believe. a gritty player, likes going in the corners and has a scoring touch. I could see him getting 20-25 next year given the proper ice time. any nhl team picking him in the later rounds will be happy with what they are getting.

Closed Thread