HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1-on-1 with Mike Richards (Interview)

Old
11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
Thanks to happyhab for the quote.
nobody cares, and JR is full of ****.

go troll elsewhere.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Funny you should say that. JR when asked about this incident sided with Subban and praised him. Still love JR's honesty?
And Michael Peca and Ray Ferraro both said JR had to grow into his persona, he didn't start out in the league as a loudmouth.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Are you a lawyer?
No haha. I work in IT.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
And Michael Peca and Ray Ferraro both said JR had to grow into his persona, he didn't start out in the league as a loudmouth.
In any case, Flyer fans were praising JR for his honesty and being candid and drawing parallels with Richards. How he "grew into his persona" (did you really say that) has nothing to do with anything

It's kind of funny to salute JR's candor then dismiss him as a loudmouth. I guess if he backed Richards things might be viewed differently?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
No haha. I work in IT.
LOL Still in the business of manipulating data though

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:58 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
LOL Still in the business of manipulating data though
So you're telling me what point I was intending to make then?

Thanks, I must have lost it along the way. I'm glad I'm set straight.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
In any case, Flyer fans were praising JR for his honesty and being candid and drawing parallels with Richards. How he "grew into his persona" (did you really say that) has nothing to do with anything

It's kind of funny to salute JR's candor then dismiss him as a loudmouth. I guess if he backed Richards things might be viewed differently?
Don't miss it. JR can say whatever he wants.

It doesn't mean I have to care.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
It wasn't an elbow, the announcers even agreed it wasn't. At full speed it looked like one, but it wasn't.

That said, Powe does have a tendency to go through mini stretches where he makes questionable hits.

Are we at the point where we complain about someone chopping at someone? I can't believe I'm making this argument but...grow a pair man. This is hockey. If you can't take someone taking a whack at you, get out of the game. If you have an issue, whack him back, drop the gloves, you have any number of options. If Subban whacks Giroux I expect Giroux to do something about it. If he doesn't, I expect Subban to continue to do it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the very reason Subban is running his mouth is so that someone will take a whack at him and they can get a PP?

Come on dude. Stop complaining about every tiny thing. You must revel in games filled with 10 PPs.
I think most guys chirp to get opponents off their game. A plug like Lapierre chirps at guys all the time but doesn't back it up. I think he's a punk and I'm a Habs fan. I don't like players like Lapierre and Avery...so on. If you want to fight, challenge the guy and drop the gloves don't hack at him like he's a tree for christ sake. I'm not complaining about every detail, I was arguing a point that when push comes to shove Philly gets down and dirty. I don't mind the fights, or clean checks. I don't like the dirty stuff, it takes away from the game.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 01:00 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

I didn't say it -- Peca and Ferraro did.

I love JR, but he's a loudmouth whether I agree or disagree with the stuff that falls out of his mouth.

I'm not a fan of PK's antics or his delight in showing off. I don't really give a damn if he's a loudmouth, but I do agree that he hasn't done anything in the NHL (other than put on a Habs jersey, I guess) to garner any attention, or to warrant yipping about it. Prove yourself, then yip all you want.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
I think most guys chirp to get opponents off their game. A plug like Lapierre chirps at guys all the time but doesn't back it up. I think he's a punk and I'm a Habs fan. I don't like players like Lapierre and Avery...so on. If you want to fight, challenge the guy and drop the gloves don't hack at him like he's a tree for christ sake. I'm not complaining about every detail, I was arguing a point that when push comes to shove Philly gets down and dirty. I don't mind the fights, or clean checks. I don't like the dirty stuff, it takes away from the game.
you're right, philly is the ONLY team in the NHL that does anything at all. all other teams, and especially montreal, are shining pillars of virtue, and their players are white knights.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
you're right, philly is the ONLY team in the NHL that does anything at all. all other teams, and especially montreal, are shining pillars of virtue, and their players are white knights.
Again, I was arguing a point from a previous post. Montreal nor any other team are not a team full of saints. I believe I mentioned one of the players most NHL teams love to hate...Lapierre. Let's see what happens tonight, ok?

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Again, I was arguing a point from a previous post. Montreal nor any other team are not a team full of saints. I believe I mentioned one of the players most NHL teams love to hate...Lapierre. Let's see what happens tonight, ok?
Don't mind me, I'm just all uppity from seeing Habs fans drivel on about how the Flyers are the gooniest set of goons in the history of sports for the last week.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:

This is all your opinion and message sending is a part of hockey too. The Flyers have always had an image of being a tough team and that will continue. If the teams get dirty, oh well. This is a man's sport and as long as players aren't getting seriously injured this will continue. I love watching the Flyers physical style of play and that includes the occasional dirty play.

MrHockey1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
drownedsailors

Richards called Patrick Kane "Kaner" I know that's his nickname and all; but how would Richie know that? they haven't even played with each other...or am I missing something...?

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Basically what I'm taking from this thread is that every cliche stereotype of the French also applies to French Canadians.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
So we agree that a player who is "too chirpy" should back it up with their fists?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:06 PM
FF de Mars

Screw the rookie code. It's not relevant anymore. Nobody should follow it. You should just play your game and that's it. You can say that we should bring back the old values, but that's a different debate. You treat Habs fans of being pansies, yet support Richard's whining. Talk about irony, Philli... actions speak louder than words, that's what your captain should be sticking to. Anyhow, we'll see what outcome takes tonight's game. It's gonna be a good one. I always love it when we play Philly. The ambiance and the fans are awsome. They are never boring. And your team is passionate, I like that, well, I love to hate it.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:16 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
JR is great -- always says it as how he sees it.

And this coming from a guy who has been involved in a few media issues of his own.... Sure helps put things in perspective
Oh, the irony!

Quote:
The common thread in defending Richards is that when the media asks, you have to answer. It's more honest? Don't kid yourself.

You know as well as I do that in every city, including Philly, reporters have been told to hit the road in no uncertain terms.
Who says he has to answer? All I'm saying is that he's free to do so and it makes it a different situation than if he had tracked down the microphones himself. Where does it say he can't answer?

Quote:
Funny you should say that. JR when asked about this incident sided with Subban and praised him. Still love JR's honesty?
I'm a little confused how JR magically knows what was said on the ice, but yes. Why wouldn't I? I never said Richards was right (though I do agree with him). All I care is that it's ridiculous to think that hockey players shouldn't speak their mind.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
To be fair, a lot of fans from other teams have done their share of pillar shining...

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
clockwise

Lappy chimes in.

Richie is not the kind of guy to throw empty threats. He did not like the attitude of the guy and he said it. Understand one thing: Mike had nothing against PK Subban the hockey player. A defender of his talent, we would like to have him on our club. But the fact is that Subban spends his time after games *****ing. At some point, enough is enough. I followed the game the other night on TV and even my lounge there he was falling on my nerves. If I had the chance to play tonight, I can assure you that his name would be on my game plan. I'm not saying that Mike or another will go after him, but he must be aware of what he does on the ice and assume responsibility.

clockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:26 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post
Lappy chimes in.

Richie is not the kind of guy to throw empty threats. He did not like the attitude of the guy and he said it. Understand one thing: Mike had nothing against PK Subban the hockey player. A defender of his talent, we would like to have him on our club. But the fact is that Subban spends his time after games *****ing. At some point, enough is enough. I followed the game the other night on TV and even my lounge there he was falling on my nerves. If I had the chance to play tonight, I can assure you that his name would be on my game plan. I'm not saying that Mike or another will go after him, but he must be aware of what he does on the ice and assume responsibility.
* CG eagerly awaits the Lappy is a Flyer, Lappy is an idiot, Lappy has brain damage, etc. etc. etc. comments from visitors *

Old
11-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Don't mind me, I'm just all uppity from seeing Habs fans drivel on about how the Flyers are the gooniest set of goons in the history of sports for the last week.
Funny how the Flyers' predecessors, The "Big Bad" Bruins and the Blues' teams of the late 60's and early 70's - the reason the Flyers turned into Bullies, are forgotten. The Hammer said as much:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schultz
"What people have to remember is that when Boston won the Cup, they terrorized the league. When St. Louis was going good, they were kicking the hell out of everybody. When they call us animals, a disgrace to hockey, and things like that, they don't know what they are talking about."

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
decadentia

Jesus Christ, I posted this for Flyers fans to see the interview and his take on it. I didn't post it for Habs fans with chips on their shoulders to come over and argue why it was so wrong of him. There is a mainboard for those arguments, or better yet, go to your own board and all agree with each other.

This isn't a discussion about stem cell research and morality, it was an interview of something that was way overblown.

*Rabble rabble rabble stupid Flyer fans never change rabble rabble rabble* We get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEjJ...eature=related

Last edited by decadentia: 11-22-2010 at 03:38 PM.
decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Jesus Christ...
Was this a prayer? If so, Amen.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:41 PM