HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here) pt. II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2010, 12:04 AM
  #976
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
my god eli still makes rookie mistakes. why does kevin gilbride still have a job?

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 12:07 AM
  #977
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,041
vCash: 500
Ugly, on both sides of the ball.

I'm really not sure what Michael Vick did in his life to get the kind of luck he's been getting, but I still think he's gonna get what's coming...I hope. It's just funny to see the transition people have gone through with Vick. First people don't want him to get another shot in the NFL, now he's the league's favorite QB. I think he's a P O S but that probably has more to do with the fact that he's on the Eagles.

So the Gmen essentially have to go what, 5-1 to have a real good shot at making the playoffs now? ...

Giants:
VS Jacksonville
VS Washington
@ Minnesota
VS Philly
@ GB
@ Washington

Eagles:
@ Chicago
VS Houston
@ Dallas
@ New York
VS Minnesota
VS Dallas

5-1, that's the goal; plus one of the five has to be the game at home against the Eagles.

I think it's doable. When this team is on their game I still think they're one of the best in the NFC. Just need to stop beating ourselves.

silverfish is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 12:09 AM
  #978
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Jerry Jones had him on speed dial a LONG time ago lol
Most people think he won't give up total control & cowher won't come without it

I'd bet it'll be Garrett or Gruden.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 12:23 AM
  #979
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Ugly, on both sides of the ball.

I'm really not sure what Michael Vick did in his life to get the kind of luck he's been getting, but I still think he's gonna get what's coming...I hope. It's just funny to see the transition people have gone through with Vick. First people don't want him to get another shot in the NFL, now he's the league's favorite QB. I think he's a P O S but that probably has more to do with the fact that he's on the Eagles.

So the Gmen essentially have to go what, 5-1 to have a real good shot at making the playoffs now? ...

Giants:
VS Jacksonville
VS Washington
@ Minnesota
VS Philly
@ GB
@ Washington

Eagles:
@ Chicago
VS Houston
@ Dallas
@ New York
VS Minnesota
VS Dallas

5-1, that's the goal; plus one of the five has to be the game at home against the Eagles.

I think it's doable. When this team is on their game I still think they're one of the best in the NFC. Just need to stop beating ourselves.
I think 4-2 should do it @ 10-6. If we can't go 4-2 we don't deserve to be in the tourney. I figure phi, atl, & no are all gonna make it. NFC west won't have a WC. I think GB will win north so that leaves wash(who we should beat twice & eliminate) & Chicago. Chicago should struggle to win 2 more games(@ det, @ MN) & lose 4(NE,GB,NYJ, PHI). If we go 10-6 I think we are in. If we beat wash twice & GB(guessing no) plus one more we'd damn near be a lock.

But, if smith doesn't come back I don't think it matters. We are just too thin @ WR after losing Cruz, Barden, & even Moss.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 12:24 AM
  #980
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Fire Tom Coughlin. That is all.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 12:36 AM
  #981
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
I like coughlin. I think in general he's good. We've been pretty good under him overall. One thing we don't see is bad clock mgmt & dumb challenges. These things plague most teams.

My problem is that he's just too loyal. He hung on to Hufnagel until Accorsi stepped in. He hung on to Tim Lewis far far too long(almost ruining Cweb in process). Great hire in Spags. Don't blame him for promoting Sheridan but obv a terrible choice & again couldn't cut ties. Gillbride, I swear we do well in spite of him. Maybe we'll miss him later but I think 90% of giants fans hate him. Again a guy that's had his job too long IMO. Now fewell looks like a good hire & will probably be a HC next year. Our ST coord(Quinn I believe) is the latest he can't cut loose & it might cost us dearly later

I think maybe the players just need a change. We just seem to get softer & sloppier.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 01:00 AM
  #982
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,898
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sanchez
Well, guys, this is how we do it. Let's go do it.
Sanchise before the GW TD. I love it. I love him.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 02:56 AM
  #983
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,898
vCash: 145
Awards:
Damien Woody banged up his knee. Apparently it's a slight MCL injury, and he was well enough to be riding the stationary bike in the second half. The team decided it was best to keep him out.

Cotch said he's progressing well and has a good shot at suiting up on Thursday against the Bungles.

Both tidbits per Canny.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 07:52 AM
  #984
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
I think 4-2 should do it @ 10-6. If we can't go 4-2 we don't deserve to be in the tourney. I figure phi, atl, & no are all gonna make it. NFC west won't have a WC. I think GB will win north so that leaves wash(who we should beat twice & eliminate) & Chicago. Chicago should struggle to win 2 more games(@ det, @ MN) & lose 4(NE,GB,NYJ, PHI). If we go 10-6 I think we are in. If we beat wash twice & GB(guessing no) plus one more we'd damn near be a lock.

But, if smith doesn't come back I don't think it matters. We are just too thin @ WR after losing Cruz, Barden, & even Moss.
I forgot about Tampa, ugh. 10-6 might not do it afterall

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 04:49 PM
  #985
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Hakeem Nicks now gone for 3 weeks.

Such a shame to see what could have been a fantastic season derailed by these ****ing injuries.

The starting wide receivers?

Mario Manningham and Derek Hagan.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 04:52 PM
  #986
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Giants fans -- want to get together and buy Plaxico a get out of jail free card?

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 04:56 PM
  #987
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,060
vCash: 500
Nicks is really out?

That's the season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
  #988
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
We have like 6 linemen and 3 receivers. Woo!!


EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
  #989
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Manningham, Hagan, Calhoun.


Something needs to be done. A trade needs to be made or the season is essentially over.

I go back to draft day, and how we have a 1st round pick who is only in on 3rd downs, who just lost us a game, a 2nd round pick who is inactive for almost every game, a 3rd round pick who is lucky to be able to walk, a 4th rounder who doesnt play, all on defense.

Horrible draft. We had a chance to go out and get a difference maker and we did not.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
  #990
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nicks is really out?

That's the season.
5 starters out & 1 in new position

If we can go 1-2 in next 3 then get nicks, smith, & 1 of diehl/Ohara (& no new injuries) we could have a chance but it's looking bleak

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
  #991
Groot
I am Groot.
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ridge, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,492
vCash: 500
On espn.com they said Smith should only miss 1 more week, so I think if we beat the Jags, which we should, and we get Smith back , that would be a huge lift that we need right now.

Groot is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 05:20 PM
  #992
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Honestly the Giants are lucky they didn't lose by 17+. Philly repeatedly shot themselves in the foot last night with 2 wide open drops in the end zone by Jackson and Avant. Also, Vick missed a wide open Jackson who had 3 steps on Webster. Major loss with Nicks being out for three weeks but my goodness do these teams have some explosive receivers or what? I think Jeremy Maclin is phenomenal.

Assuming the Falcons, Saints, Eagles and Rams/Seahawks make the playoffs, that leaves the Packers, Bears, Giants, Buccaneers and to a lesser extent the Redskins for 2 spots. I can't see the Buccaneers or Bears hanging around with tough schedules but still you can't discount 7-3 teams. This is gonna be a great race.

NYRSchrute217 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 06:27 PM
  #993
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
On espn.com they said Smith should only miss 1 more week, so I think if we beat the Jags, which we should, and we get Smith back , that would be a huge lift that we need right now.
Giants beat writers say Smith said that's "possible" but more likely he misses two more weeks.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
  #994
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Honestly the Giants are lucky they didn't lose by 17+. Philly repeatedly shot themselves in the foot last night with 2 wide open drops in the end zone by Jackson and Avant. Also, Vick missed a wide open Jackson who had 3 steps on Webster. Major loss with Nicks being out for three weeks but my goodness do these teams have some explosive receivers or what? I think Jeremy Maclin is phenomenal.

Assuming the Falcons, Saints, Eagles and Rams/Seahawks make the playoffs, that leaves the Packers, Bears, Giants, Buccaneers and to a lesser extent the Redskins for 2 spots. I can't see the Buccaneers or Bears hanging around with tough schedules but still you can't discount 7-3 teams. This is gonna be a great race.
The Eagles are honestly lucky to have won the game. The Giants repeatedly shot themselves in the foot last night with 2394723490230497324 turnovers.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
  #995
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Manningham, Hagan, Calhoun.


Something needs to be done. A trade needs to be made or the season is essentially over.

I go back to draft day, and how we have a 1st round pick who is only in on 3rd downs, who just lost us a game, a 2nd round pick who is inactive for almost every game, a 3rd round pick who is lucky to be able to walk, a 4th rounder who doesnt play, all on defense.

Horrible draft. We had a chance to go out and get a difference maker and we did not.
Trade deadline passed, homeslice.

How is it a horrible draft? Joseph will be a beast with some development as will JPP (he looked great at times this season). Chad Jones would have made it all the more better, but what can you do about that? Petrus has looked really good in spot action. Adrian Tracy had a GREAT camp before he was injured. Look for him to have an impact.

Jones looks like a lost pick and Dodge still has major potential. Look how far he booted that ball last night after he dropped it!

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 06:38 PM
  #996
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
We had Chris Canty, Carry Cofield, Rocky Bernard, and at the beginning of camp Jay Alford at DT, with Tuck being able to play there as well. There was no need for Linval Joseph at that spot.

JPP is debatable, I still call told-you-so when it comes to Ahmad not being a true #1 when it comes to durability and ball security, we needed either a receiving/running back or a tight end.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 06:47 PM
  #997
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Rocky Bernard looked terrible last year. Canty was always hurt and never looked good when he played. Jay Alford was going to get cut regardless. We only had Cofield as a legitimate DT that we could rely on. It was a big position of need with the uncertainty of Bernard and Canty. Tuck is not a DT and it would be a waste to have to rely on him there.

The Joseph pick was just as much BPA (he was) as it was a need pick (he was). It was a great pick and will be a great pick.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Old
11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
  #998
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The Eagles are honestly lucky to have won the game. The Giants repeatedly shot themselves in the foot last night with 2394723490230497324 turnovers.
Manning's play was definitely bonehead, but Samuel's first pick was just an excellent jump of the route and the second one he fumbled anyway. Let's not forget Vick fumbled once as well. The Giants really didn't move the ball much at all, Manning only had 150 yards passing. The Eagles were and are the much better team, in my opinion.

NYRSchrute217 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
  #999
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
On espn.com they said Smith should only miss 1 more week, so I think if we beat the Jags, which we should, and we get Smith back , that would be a huge lift that we need right now.
Jags are no joke. Giants got a tough set of games left. There is not one team left the Giants "should" beat. There are gonna be a lot of close games IMO.

mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
  #1000
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,898
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The Eagles are honestly lucky to have won the game. The Giants repeatedly shot themselves in the foot last night with 2394723490230497324 turnovers.
And the Eagles didn't shoot themselves in the foot? 2 drops in the end zone, 10 penalties for 119 yards, a blocked field goal, a turnover during a turnover. Philly should have won the game by a larger margin than they did, for sure.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.