HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flin Flon Bomber View Post
Appreciate it, CG. Thanks for keeping everyone up to date with the happenings in Kitchener and the OHL.
Are you from Flin Flon originally or just giving Bobby his props ????

Old
11-22-2010, 06:08 PM
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Are you from Flin Flon originally or just giving Bobby his props ????
Props to Bobby. I had it in my head that I should have a name with some sort of historical relevance to the Flyers and Flin Flon won out.

Old
11-22-2010, 07:51 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Allow myself to introduce...myself.

Name: Jared
Favorite player(s): Roo(obviously) and Bob
Least favorite player: Patrick Kaleta and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

Been a lurker here for quite a few years. Always read the gameday threads and really appreciate the work and detail MSE puts into them. So, yeah. Hi there ya'll.
thank you and welcome.

Old
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Props to Bobby. I had it in my head that I should have a name with some sort of historical relevance to the Flyers and Flin Flon won out.
Nice

Born and raised there so thought I may know you !!

Old
11-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Appleyard

Re-introduction here, first came on here in march, but been pretty busy since then:

Name: Alex

Favorite Team(s): FLYERS, Manchester Phoenix, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Manchester City, Wigan Rugby League, Sale Rugby Union, Palermo Football club, small interest in Minnesota wild, i dont mind the Maple Leafs.

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils, Canadiens

Favorite Player(s): Richards, Carter, Lindros, Leclair, Brind'Amour, Coffey, Gags, Renberg, Primeau, Timonen,Hextall (even though he wasnt exactly great in the one season i saw of him aged 8, still thought he was awesome), Lappy (just for the teeth sacrafice!), Giroux, Brent Burns, J. Boumeester, Iginla, Lidstrom, Kapanen, Doan, Smyth, Cujo, E&J Staal (wish j.staal wasnt a pen), Patrick Sharp, Hatcher, Desjardins, Therien, Recchi, Selanne.

Most Hated Player(s): Crobsy ofc, Avery, Kaleta, McSorley.

Flyers fan since: About 1998, Legion of Doom (always moved Renberg back up to first line on NHL 99 lol), especially Lindros, made sure i was a flyers fan as soon as my dad bought me NHL 98, and having the coolest colours in hockey too. It also helped as well that when i started watching hockey seriously the flyers were and still are generally always in the playoffs.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Welcome (or welcome back, I guess!)

Please jump right in!

Old
12-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

So I first noticed these boards a while back, lurked them a bit and thought it would be fun to comment here as well. Unfortunately, when I finally decided to sign up, that function was temporarily disabled during the playoffs.

Also, it wasn't until recently that I had a set-up that allowed me to watch the games live and comment in real time via the GDT, which I think is the main reason these boards interested me. I don't have wireless and my computer room was without a cable t.v. connection until a few days ago. I know of the internet streams, and am appreciative of those who go to the trouble to post them, but if I can watch the Flyers on t.v. and even if that means forgo posting, I usually opt for that route.

So with that out of the way, here's me:

Name: Lee

Favorite NHL Team: Flyers

Current and former favorite NHL players in no specific order: Mark Recchi, John LeClair, Rod Brind'Amour, Eric Staal, Mike Richards, Simon Gagne, Jarome Iginla, Mike Modano, Claude Giroux, Ron Hextall, Keith Primeau, Rick Tocchet... that's enough for now I guess.

Flyers fan since: My Philly upbringing makes me say since I was born, but I specifically remember following them since the early 90s. That's about when I was starting to really get into watching and playing hockey, as well as other sports.

Old
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Name: Lee

Welcome to the board - please jump right in!

Old
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

I've been lurking for a while, so I guess I should introduce myself-

Name: Steve
First Flyers game: Sometime during their first season, don't really remember the details except that I had no idea what this hockey business was all about. But it looked like fun.

EDIT: wow, I introduced myself twice. Pretty presumptuous of me, sorry.

Old
12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post

First Flyers game: Sometime during their first season, don't really remember the details except that I had no idea what this hockey business was all about. But it looked like fun.

LOL - no problem! You haven't posted a lot, so please don't be shy!

By the way, I love your avatar!

Old
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
zelepuckin

Hey just signed up today. zelePUCKin is Cameron Kynett, Matthew O’Brien, and Thomas Krulikowski--three benders who grew up playing hockey together in the Philadelphia suburbs. ZelePUCKin (coined after the Valeri Zelepukin) is a blog where they can give insights on the Philadelphia Flyers, Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, the NHL, the sport of hockey in general and whatever else crosses their minds.

Their blog is done through wordpress, but they are looking into getting their own .com domain.

Excited to start posting here!

Old
12-05-2010, 12:11 PM
tripolar

Name: Dion

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Yankees, Raiders, ManU.

Most Hated Player(s): Avery, Cooke, Crosby.

Flyers fan since: Ron Hextall was drafted: he played a bit of junior in my hometown. Billeted at my best friend's house, actually.

Old
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripolar View Post
Name: Dion

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Yankees, Raiders, ManU.

Most Hated Player(s): Avery, Cooke, Crosby.

Flyers fan since: Ron Hextall was drafted: he played a bit of junior in my hometown. Billeted at my best friend's house, actually.
Welcome to the zoo! WHL fan as well?

Old
12-05-2010, 01:02 PM
tripolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Welcome to the zoo! WHL fan as well?
Haven't been to as many Canes games in the last couple years as I woulda liked. Might change that this year, though.

Saw Sbisa play a bit, and Seabrook was always a lock to make it to the show. Lupul used to drive me crazy with those one-timers into the top corner when he played for Med Hat . . .

I assume you saw Richie help win the Memorial Cup?

Old
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripolar View Post
Haven't been to as many Canes games in the last couple years as I woulda liked. Might change that this year, though.

Saw Sbisa play a bit, and Seabrook was always a lock to make it to the show. Lupul used to drive me crazy with those one-timers into the top corner when he played for Med Hat . . .

I assume you saw Richie help win the Memorial Cup?
Yep. That was a fun team to watch.

And saw Stevens, MacInnis, Bellows and Co. do the same, back in the day.

Old
12-05-2010, 10:37 PM
rjohnst27

Hey everyone I've been reading hfboards for some time now but never bothered to create an account...I guess its about time.

Name: Ryan

Favorite Team's: Flyers, Eagles, PSU Football (and soon do be d1 hockey!), Phillies

Most Hated Teams: Penguins, Steelers

Flyers fan since: I can remember. I grew up around philly and always loved the flyers. I was at the last regular season game they had at the spectrum before they moved into the new building. That was awesome.

Old
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohnst27 View Post
Hey everyone I've been reading hfboards for some time now but never bothered to create an account...I guess its about time.

Name: Ryan

Favorite Team's: Flyers, Eagles, PSU Football (and soon do be d1 hockey!), Phillies

Most Hated Teams: Penguins, Steelers

Flyers fan since: I can remember. I grew up around philly and always loved the flyers. I was at the last regular season game they had at the spectrum before they moved into the new building. That was awesome.
Welcome to the board!

Old
12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Name: Justin

Favorite Team: Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Devils, Rangers, Habs.

Favorite Player(s): Richards, Giroux, LeClair, Gagne.

Flyers fan since: Mid 90's. Dad is a huge Flyers fan and I started watching because of him. First game was in 1998 against the Bruins (I think).

Old
12-07-2010, 06:09 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post

Greetings and salutations from the "other" Portland!

Go Flyers!

Old
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
pokflya

Flyer fan since 73 74. Back to back cups and a thorough thumping of the red Army team in 76 talk about love at first sight.

Most hated teams: Rangers Devils

Favorite flyers: Clarke Poulin tocchet LeClair Carter Richards

Location: Hudson valley new York ( been putting up with Ranger fans crap for years)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walter.JPG‎ (23.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by pokflya: 12-14-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: msspelled
Old
12-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Yosimar89

Been lurking for some time now thought i join in...

Name: Yosimar

Favorite Team(s): Arsenal FC, Flyers, Dolphins, Mia Hurricanes (Football), UNLV (Basketball), Timberwolves, Diamondbacks and Indians.

Most Hated Team(s): Man U, Pens, Jets, FSU, BYU, Lakers, Yankees, Dodgers, Red Soxs.

Favorite Player(s): Cesc, RVP, Nasri, Carter, Coburn, Bob, Ricky Rubio (if he actually ever plays for us lol), K-Love, B-easy, Stephen Drew, Upton, Sizemore, Choo.

Most Hated Player(s): Rooney, Sidney...

Flyers fan since: 2000 but really more like 2004...Where i came from hockey was/is non existent... So it took me a while took get into hockey, when i got here i just picked teams based on their logo's (which would explain my wide variety of teams across the country lmao) so i made an effort to see all the logo's of pretty much all the teams of the 4 major pro leagues and i liked the Flyers logo. So i when i did get into hockey this would be my team no matter what lol.

Don't really know how to embed. This game pretty much put hockey on the map for me... The "Roenick/Sami K hit" playoff game against the leafs, ever since then my interest in hockey has reached top level along Baseball and Soccer for me lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GWnqUeZVQ

Old
12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosimar89 View Post

Favorite Team(s): Arsenal FC, Flyers, Dolphins, Mia Hurricanes (Football), UNLV (Basketball), Timberwolves, Diamondbacks and Indians.

Most Hated Team(s): Man U, Pens, Jets, FSU, BYU, Lakers, Yankees, Dodgers, Red Soxs.

Favorite Player(s): Cesc, RVP, Nasri, Carter, Coburn, Bob, Ricky Rubio (if he actually ever plays for us lol), K-Love, B-easy, Stephen Drew, Upton, Sizemore, Choo.

Flyers fan since: 2000 but really more like 2004...Where i came from hockey was/is non existent... So it took me a while took get into hockey, when i got here i just picked teams based on their logo's (which would explain my wide variety of teams across the country lmao) so i made an effort to see all the logo's of pretty much all the teams of the 4 major pro leagues and i liked the Flyers logo. So i when i did get into hockey this would be my team no matter what lol.

Don't really know how to embed. This game pretty much put hockey on the map for me... The "Roenick/Sami K hit" playoff game against the leafs, ever since then my interest in hockey has reached top level along Baseball and Soccer for me lol.

Same here for me. That series/moment forever solidified me as a Flyer fan.

Welcome!!

Old
12-22-2010, 09:25 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

The "Roenick/Sami K hit" playoff game against the leafs, ever since then my interest in hockey has reached top level along Baseball and Soccer for me lol.

Welcome to the board!

That sequence is one of my all time favourites too. The fact that I was watching the game with an over-the-top Leafs fan made it all that much sweeter!

Old
12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:

Favorite Team(s): Arsenal FC, Flyers, Dolphins, Mia Hurricanes (Football), UNLV (Basketball), Timberwolves, Diamondbacks and Indians

I shall edumacate you! take this part of the YT link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GWnqUeZVQ

and place it between these tags: [bt] [/bt]

it should look something like [bt]linkparthere[/bt]

(I had to make it [bt][/bt] there because it wouldn't show up if i used the proper tags. those "b's" should be a y...so yt instead of bt)

Old
12-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Yosimar89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I shall edumacate you! take this part of the YT link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GWnqUeZVQ

and place it between these tags: [bt] [/bt]

it should look something like [bt]linkparthere[/bt]

(I had to make it [bt][/bt] there because it wouldn't show up if i used the proper tags. those "b's" should be a y...so yt instead of bt)
Thanks man

Closed Thread