HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Back in the Saddle Again" - 11.20.10 - Nashville at Carolina

Old
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I flew in and stayed with my sister. She got lower bowl seats for us. Had fun and the Canes fans around us were very nice. My poor sister is now 0-3 when we watch them play in person.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Dfence033

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm not gonna judge their attendance because I frankly don't know their situation but for sure "Nashville is boring" excuse is a cop out. Likely half the people at the game have no idea what kind of team Nashville is like. This isn't a Carolina specific thing either. You would likely seem the same thing here and in most venues across the league.
I'd venture to say that half the people at the game didn't know the game of hockey at all. The section I was sitting in, people were actually BOOING offsides on Nashville, and asking why no one was going to the box, thinking it was a penalty that they somehow weren't going on the power-play for... I was more just disgusted with the fact that they actually announced an attendance of over 15,000 when there was very, very clearly nowhere close to that in the arena even if counted the stadium personnel, both teams, coaches, and trainers, then proceeded to apologize to the Hurricanes fans because Nashville plays a boring game. I actually sarcastically apologized to a friend of mine following the game saying, "I'm sorry they actually play defense outside of the Southeast Division, and it wasn't a 7-2 loss. You know it's bad when Mike Green is the best so-called defenseman in the division, and he plays defense about as well as Wade Redden's mother."

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
So I was at this game, and as I was leaving, the PA announcer in the arena was apologizing to the "Caniacs" for Nashville playing a boring game. They also announced attendance at 15,000+, and I can tell you without a shred of doubt, the actual attendance was probably half of that. I've NEVER seen so many empty seats in a stadium, especially in the upper-decks where tickets cost $20, on a Saturday night. I was given the excuse that it's because Nashville "plays a boring game," and that UNC-NC State had a football game. But that, in my mind, is absolutely inexcusable in terms of attendance for a former Stanley Cup Champion team. Why do so many people talk about Nashville moving and all, yet teams like Atlanta and Carolina never get brought up?

Actually, Atlanta's and Carolina's attendance are routinely brought up ... along with Florida and Phoenix .... and it's a bit (ok massively) hypocritical of any Preds fan to comment negatively on ANY team's attendance. The one thing missing with the departure of Glennon from the Preds beat is the coverage of paid attendance. All we get is the absolutely meaningless announced numbers.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Dfence033

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Actually, Atlanta's and Carolina's attendance are routinely brought up ... along with Florida and Phoenix .... and it's a bit (ok massively) hypocritical of any Preds fan to comment negatively on ANY team's attendance. The one thing missing with the departure of Glennon from the Preds beat is the coverage of paid attendance. All we get is the absolutely meaningless announced numbers.
While the avatar and posting on the Predators boards would indicate I'm a Predators fan, I'm actually, and always have been, a Rangers fan first and foremost. Even from memory, Nashville home games had substantially higher attendance than the game I witnessed in Raleigh.

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote