HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN declines option on NHL TV rights

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Slabber Chops

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlap
I don't think this is as serious an issue as some might make it out to be. Even if there had been no lockout, ESPN may well have opted not to renew. It makes sense, considering the current climate (lockout or no lockout) for ESPN to look for a better deal.

I'm betting that a new deal will be negotiated, with less money coming the way of the NHL. Not great, but not a disaster either.

I would like to think that this would be a useful bargaining chip in the negotiations, but I'm skeptical.
Struth mate, I hope you're right on that one. As far as hockey is concerned, our only hope is through ESPN as we don't carry any of the games that are screened elsewhere.

At least what you say makes sense, so it's all good..

Old
05-31-2005, 12:15 AM
timlap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabber Chops
Struth mate, I hope you're right on that one. As far as hockey is concerned, our only hope is through ESPN as we don't carry any of the games that are screened elsewhere.

At least what you say makes sense, so it's all good..
Of course, living in Canada, its easy for me to say the ESPN thing is no big deal. Hopefully for your sake- and the sake of millions of others, they sort it out.

Closed Thread