HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#22: Canadiens @ Flyers - Monday, Nov. 22, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Highlights up on NHL.com, for people who had to follow on the radio.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha...can you save a glass or two for me please?
Your avy is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
This image is priceless. Jules, I do believe this should be saved for a later date.
Waaaaaaay ahead of you.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
so what was the purpose of calling up Eric Wellwood? did Lavi have a change of heart of scratching Zherdev?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:56 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
so what was the purpose of calling up Eric Wellwood? did Lavi have a change of heart of scratching Zherdev?
Perhaps use of threat a la "Look, we have your replacement right here, at the tip of my fingers so to speak. But I'm willing to give you one last chance. Show me that you actually want this job."

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:01 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
In the early stages of the game, radio commented that Zherdev would switch lines during the game depending on the situation. He wasn't going to be relegated specifically to a fourth line role for the full game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the promotion of Wellwood was a necessity to have a spare forward on call considering there are four games in six nights. That, in addition to send a signal to Zherdev or others.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
In the early stages of the game, radio commented that Zherdev would switch lines during the game depending on the situation. He wasn't going to be relegated specifically to a fourth line role for the full game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the promotion of Wellwood was a necessity to have a spare forward on call considering there are four games in six nights. That, in addition to send a signal to Zherdev or others.
Well I think for one JVR has gotten the message judging by his effort in the last 2 games. Hes been one of our better forwards the last 2 games. Hopefully he can build on it going forward.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Nice come back, and got to two points - that's what's most important.

If there is some kind of hollow score to settle, Richards and Subban have their whole careers to figure it out.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:22 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Sorry, just got in. Any word if Giroux was just shaken up by the Subban hit at the end of the game? He was keeled over after the game ended.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:24 PM
StandingCow

Prob just got the wind knocked out of him.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Post-game quotes are up:

http://www.csnphilly.com/11/22/10/Fl...755&feedID=695

Quote:
The last time the Flyers were in first place overall more than 20 games into a season was Jan. 14, 2006 when they were atop the league 45 games into the season.

“It feels great to win a game like this,” van Riemsdyk said. “Richie [Mike Richards] and Cobie [Braydon Coburn] made a great play. I just kind of put it in an empty net.”

JVR’s marker at 7:42 of the third period gave the Flyers their only lead against Habs goalie Carey Price, who has pretty much owned the Flyers during regular season play (now 6-2 lifetime).

“He’s a big goalie and takes a lot of the first shot away,” van Riemsdyk said. “If you don’t get those second opportunities, it’s really going to be tough.”

Laviolette rewarded JVR for a strong showing in Washington by playing him with Richards and Andreas Nodl. The kid responded. He had not scored a goal since last April 1 against the Islanders – 22 games overall.

“He’s been working hard in practice,” Richards said. “Off the ice. He hit some posts and crossbars and it’s nice to see him get a bounce.”

Added Laviolette, “I said after last game, just watching him in his first couple shifts, I really liked the way he played them and I moved him up right away with Richie. After the first period tonight, as a group we got going and he got going as well.

“His legs got going under him and he was physical and he was able to generate. It was a big goal because you’re down 2-0 and it seems like you’re hard pressed to score a goal against and their goaltender has been playing well. That’s a big goal to give us a lead like that in the third when you’re pressing.”

Old
11-22-2010, 10:27 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Sorry, just got in. Any word if Giroux was just shaken up by the Subban hit at the end of the game? He was keeled over after the game ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Prob just got the wind knocked out of him.
According to Tim P.'s post-game summary, Giroux said he was fine.

Old
11-22-2010, 10:45 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
According to Tim P.'s post-game summary, Giroux said he was fine.
Still no reason for PK to finish that check at he end, sort of pointless considering there was 10 seconds left, it's obvious he was hitting to hurt. Also G is a warrior, we're always worried that he's hurt sometimes but he always comes out fine.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Still no reason for PK to finish that check at he end, sort of pointless considering there was 10 seconds left, it's obvious he was hitting to hurt. Also G is a warrior, we're always worried that he's hurt sometimes but he always comes out fine.
It's primarily because of the complexion of a hockey player to issue the "I'm fine" canned response. Remember, Nodl said it too earlier in the year before being held out. Let's hope Giroux is fine.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:01 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:

If he didn't check him Giroux would have got an empty net goal. I don't blame him at all.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Unstable

And since the Habs board is glad Giroux is hurt, that's just peaches.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
habs fan here.

you guys played great from the 2nd on... you stopped the crap and ended up being the best team on the ice. this game was nowhere near as physical as the last one, and you guys dominated us for 40 mins. food for thoughts ? Leaving some neanderthal brainfarts in the locker room was the game winner... you guys have a good team... and you are way better while being focused than emotional.

as for the hit on giroux ... the game wasn't over... and I think you're right ; very few hits are intended to demonstrate the love you have for the opposing team. Of course he wanted to shake him up... great hit.... like powe's on gorges last game... hard but fair.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
"Boosh won again?"

lol that shot is instant classic..

you could use that face to describe almost anything adn it would suit it perfectly..

someone needs to make a avatar of that.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Hey guys, Bruins fan here.

I just wanted to go on record as to say that i think the flyers are going to win the Stanley cup this year

I predict a Flyers -Kings showdown with the Flyers winning in game 7. Remember this post next June if i end up being right!

PS: it can't be a jynx because I'm not a flyers fan, this is just my unbiased prediction and i wanted proof of it in case I'm right. Ok, carry on

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Ghost of Downie*

Pretty sure Bob said in the interview that he likes Russian House/Dance music...New genre for GDT's when Bob starts?

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:51 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

I'll tell you one thing that I'm really enjoying so far this season.....The Physicality of the Defense

Of course you have Pronger there, but Meszaros has been a beast out there. He's hitting everything that moves. Coburn and O'Donnell aren't too far from him in the hitting department.

The other thing that I laughed at during the game, was when Eller threw Briere's stick at the face off and every Flyer started skating towards him, and the look on his face was priceless.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
I'll tell you one thing that I'm really enjoying so far this season.....The Physicality of the Defense

Of course you have Pronger there, but Meszaros has been a beast out there. He's hitting everything that moves. Coburn and O'Donnell aren't too far from him in the hitting department.

The other thing that I laughed at during the game, was when Eller threw Briere's stick at the face off and every Flyer started skating towards him, and the look on his face was priceless.
Some people on the board tried to tell me that Coburn was going to be more physical than Meszaros

Mez and OD have added an extra nasty streak to our already intimidating D. Need to gain consistency, but Progner has showed times of his vintage form in these past couple games.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:08 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
Some people on the board tried to tell me that Coburn was going to be more physical than Meszaros

Mez and OD have added an extra nasty streak to our already intimidating D. Need to gain consistency, but Progner has showed times of his vintage form in these past couple games.
You mean pretty much when he can strip any offense of the puck when they rush in? Yeah, that's the great side of Pronger.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
You mean pretty much when he can strip any offense of the puck when they rush in? Yeah, that's the great side of Pronger.
He's been getting beat for some uncharacteristic goals, but when his stick work is on, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. His reach only adds to it.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post

Yeah Mez is a tank back there. I think he is going to be a beast in the playoffs when the intensity picks up. Hitting everything that moves.

Also him and OD where on the ice on 2 goals tonight. A damn good 3rd pairing.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:33 AM
MiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Yeah Mez is a tank back there. I think he is going to be a beast in the playoffs when the intensity picks up. Hitting everything that moves.

Also him and OD where on the ice on 2 goals tonight. A damn good 3rd pairing.
are you talking about goals for or against?? it is good to have 3rd pairing which can play all situation for close to 20 minutes per game

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote