HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Hmm...

Very simple. Numerous other players have produced more, have taken more ice time, have made it through training camps, have played for the Kings, and show all the normal signs of being a successful hockey prospect.

Moller is barely the 7th best player on the Monachs and has done nothing in the past two years but be passed. Best he can hope for is for a trade to another team without depth.

hrm...

1. both Schenn and Clifford are special circumstance players with only two options. were they eligible to see full time duty in the AHL, odds would heavily favor that's where they would be.

2. Clifford, King and Lewis are all bottom 6 players on an everyday basis in the NHL and playing in roles Oscar could not, should not and will not be in.

3. Schenn, Loktionov and Lewis are all centers. though Moller was naturally a center, like Cammalleri, his future is on the wing. he isn't going to challenge the eventual competition between Scheen and Loktionov for the number 2 spot, and he isn't going to center/wing the 3rd or 4th lines like Lewis can/will.

3. Oscar is bordering on his waiver exempt/eligibility status, and recalling him would likely indicate he would be up for the duration... you're probably not going to be able to sneak an $875K player with Oscar's skill back to the minors in a month.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I am not ready to give up on Oscar just yet. One reason, the kid has stones. He will likely be a much better player when he hits 23-25 years of age and his body catches up with his heart.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I am not ready to give up on Oscar just yet. One reason, the kid has stones. He will likely be a much better player when he hits 23-25 years of age and his body catches up with his heart.
i agree.

now whether or not the Kings will or should sit on him is a whole 'nother story.

Old
11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Capn Brown

1) We've got a couple of roster spots open for the forward position.

2) O'Sullivan's currently on waivers.

Is it a perfect fit? Do we want POS as our healthy scratch?

Old
11-22-2010, 01:38 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
1) We've got a couple of roster spots open for the forward position.

2) O'Sullivan's currently on waivers.

Is it a perfect fit? Do we want POS as our healthy scratch?
I was wondering if anyone would post this. Is someone going to do this everytime the guy is cut? He has been cut three times in the past 6 months. Thats says enough about Patty O.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
hrm...

1. both Schenn and Clifford are special circumstance players with only two options. were they eligible to see full time duty in the AHL, odds would heavily favor that's where they would be.

2. Clifford, King and Lewis are all bottom 6 players on an everyday basis in the NHL and playing in roles Oscar could not, should not and will not be in.

3. Schenn, Loktionov and Lewis are all centers. though Moller was naturally a center, like Cammalleri, his future is on the wing. he isn't going to challenge the eventual competition between Scheen and Loktionov for the number 2 spot, and he isn't going to center/wing the 3rd or 4th lines like Lewis can/will.

3. Oscar is bordering on his waiver exempt/eligibility status, and recalling him would likely indicate he would be up for the duration... you're probably not going to be able to sneak an $875K player with Oscar's skill back to the minors in a month.
You sold me.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
I was wondering if anyone would post this. Is someone going to do this everytime the guy is cut? He has been cut three times in the past 6 months. Thats says enough about Patty O.

Well, yes and no. Technically, you could say he's been "cut" from two teams (Edmonton didn't re-sign him and Carolina put him on waivers) over the past 16 months ('cuz that's about how long Justin Williams has been with the Kings).

From an optimistic standpoint, look at it this way: O'Sullivan played well with Kings but did not play well with either Edmonton or Carolina. And there's at least one guy on the main board (a Canes fan) saying O'Sullivan basically started the season in the coach's dog house and wasn't given the proper opportunity to succeed there.

It's just my opinion but, I think he'd play well if the Kings picked him up.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Johnny Utah

Oscar Moller - 2010-11 season in AHL so far, 13 games, 2 goals 7 assists so far.

Can everyone please shut up about Moller now....

Old
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Well, yes and no. Technically, you could say he's been "cut" from two teams (Edmonton didn't re-sign him and Carolina put him on waivers) over the past 16 months ('cuz that's about how long Justin Williams has been with the Kings).

From an optimistic standpoint, look at it this way: O'Sullivan played well with Kings but did not play well with either Edmonton or Carolina. And there's at least one guy on the main board (a Canes fan) saying O'Sullivan basically started the season in the coach's dog house and wasn't given the proper opportunity to succeed there.

Disagree, Patty said it himself in an interview, Marc Crawford was hard on him and that was his best year. Murray is not the dictator Crawford is, I don't think he would play well here. He is awful defensively and TM is huge on that.

Old
11-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie, Mollie,

Old
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
scramble91

With all the Brad Richards talks going on due to Poo...

im surprised we arent bringing it up over here right now. Richards would be a good mentor for Kopitar.

That being said, if we were able to squeeze Richards from dallas with our huge prospect pool (big if), where would he fit?

My best guess would be to have him run C on the first line and shift Kopitar over to LW. With 2 playmakers on the same line (Richards being a better playmaker), and Brown just crashing the net, it would (on paper) seem like a good move. (a risky one, but it would be something i would gamble on).

Thoughts?

Old
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post

im surprised we arent bringing it up over here right now. Richards would be a good mentor for Kopitar.

That being said, if we were able to squeeze Richards from dallas with our huge prospect pool (big if), where would he fit?

My best guess would be to have him run C on the first line and shift Kopitar over to LW. With 2 playmakers on the same line (Richards being a better playmaker), and Brown just crashing the net, it would (on paper) seem like a good move. (a risky one, but it would be something i would gamble on).

Thoughts?
That's what I would do if I was Murray. It might get Kopitar to think shoot first and he needs to do that.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:04 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
That's what I would do if I was Murray. It might get Kopitar to think shoot first and he needs to do that.
thats what i was thinking because he has a wicked wrist shot. But more important, he could show kopitar what he is currently lacking to be a elite no 1 center.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:05 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
You sold me.

now don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting Moller has earned anything or should be recalled. i'm just pointing out that calling up players from the minors to fill holes on the big club due to injuries often times as very little to do with who's got 'next,' and that there are several issues to consider.

a team is much more likely to shift a player up and replace THAT player's spot unless there was that player in the minors who was really standing out.

people tend to think Moller has been passed up simply because he's seemingly been around a bit longer due to being kept around through his junior eligibility.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:

Thoughts?
I'd love for LA to pick up Richards but I don't see it happening this year unless Stoll or Zues go the other way.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:18 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:

Oilers trade him to the Coyotes who bought him out.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:

Phoenix was in their somewhere. He had three teams give up on him in a very short amount of time.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
Oilers trade him to the Coyotes who bought him out.
Ah, I forgot about the Phoenix thing.

I see what you guys are saying, but I wouldn't actually count Phoenix as a team that gave up on O'Sul. According to hockeydb, he played neither for Phoenix nor their minor league affiliate. IIRC, the Phoenix/Edmonton deal was more about two teams helping each other with mutual salary dumps. IMHO, Phoenix never intended to play O'Sul, so I wouldn't count them as a team who "gave up" on him.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
wabwat

he was traded for and bought out on the same day... and it was in the off-season.

Old
11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

Thoughts?
Dallas would not trade him to a division rival and Dean will not outbid other teams to get him. Richards is not going to play for LA. If you think he will, see Kovalchuk last year and July 1st...

Old
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Johnny Utah

Richards will re-sign with Dallas or go to somewhere like Toronto, where they desperately need a center.

Kings don't need any more centers...Kopitar, Stoll, Handzus (UFA), Lewis, Schenn, Loktionov, Moller (C/W),

Old
11-22-2010, 03:15 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Richards will re-sign with Dallas or go to somewhere like Toronto, where they desperately need a center.

Kings don't need any more centers...Kopitar, Stoll, Handzus (UFA), Lewis, Schenn, Loktionov, Moller (C/W),
Yes, but if you see it in a bigger picture, we could use for example Stoll as a trade bait.

My opinion is that Richards would take too much from us. We should go for a winger instead.

Personally I like Booth, but I don't think the Panthers are willing to trade him. He would take much, but he's a quality winger!

Another interesting player we could go for is Michalek. He needs to find a new team, although he has only been one season in Ottawa.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 11-22-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old
11-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Future King?

Old
11-23-2010, 02:31 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Future King?

Who is that? If I had to guess I would say Toews

Old
11-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Who is that? If I had to guess I would say Toews
Yup... I was reading an article about him recently, and he said that he wish he knew how to surf and his favorite road town is LA. I think he is trying to say something

Closed Thread