HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Time to re-unite line

Old
11-18-2010, 09:51 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
Not bad, I like it. Gotta get Eller involved. I like the way he goes to the net. He will score if he keeps playing like that.........And Martin puts the poor kid on the ice.
Either:

Pouliot-Eller-Kostitsyn

or

Pouliot-Eller-Gionta w/ Kostitsyn back on the ATM line.

Get. Gomez. The. ****. Out. Of. Our. Top. ****ing. 6. NOW.

Atleast a freakin wake up call! I mean come on!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Either:

Pouliot-Eller-Kostitsyn

or

Pouliot-Eller-Gionta w/ Kostitsyn back on the ATM line.

Get. Gomez. The. ****. Out. Of. Our. Top. ****ing. 6. NOW.

Atleast a freakin wake up call! I mean come on!
Yeah man even better.ATM back again and I`D SIT GOMEZ so help me I would. How many times did that guy sink the Habs(when he was in Jersey) by his quick snap shots upstairs. And the bugger would shoot every chance he got. Now he`s 3 ft away and he still passes.....wtf ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:00 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Cammy - Plekanec - Kostitsyn (ATM line back togheter)
Moen - Gomez - Lapierre (The remainings)
Pouliot - Eller - Gionta (This is where I see some potential)
Darche - Halpern - Pyatt

doing that, you're not technicly putting Gomez out of the 2nd line, yet you equip Eller with better guns. You get sort of like a top line and a 2a and 2b 1.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:04 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

19GP-1G-7A-8PTS +6

19GP-2G-4A-6PTS +1

Which one is the 21 year old rookie defenseman and which is the 7.3M dollar veteran centerman supposed to be in the prime of his career?

Old
11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Darche - Halpern - Pyatt

doing that, you're not technicly putting Gomez out of the 2nd line, yet you equip Eller with better guns. You get sort of like a top line and a 2a and 2b 1.
Oh yeah man, I do like that lineup....I do like Boyd rather than Pyatt. Can`t believe they put him on waivers.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:18 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Time to bech Gomez and Cammalleri for one game to remind them the team will not accept paying outrageous amount of money for lazy players.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Time to bech Gomez and Cammalleri for one game to remind them the team will not accept paying outrageous amount of money for lazy players.
You had me until here.

He played a terrible game tonight but he's still been good overall on the season. His presence alone on the ice gives Plekanec and whomever he plays with more room because opponants really respect the fact he can release that shot from anywhere.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Habblues

Quote:
You had me until here.

He played a terrible game tonight but he's still been good overall on the season. His presence alone on the ice gives Plekanec and whomever he plays with more room because opponants really respect the fact he can release that shot from anywhere.
You realize that wasn`t me.......Although I would bench Gomez.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:50 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
You realize that wasn`t me.......Although I would bench Gomez.
Well aware.

Old
11-18-2010, 11:01 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
You had me until here.

Looks like we didn't watch the same game since the beginning of the season , because in the games I've watched the only thing Cammalleri has been ''good averall'' in was taking countless selfish penalties and getting on my nerve.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Bieber fever

yes it's time to re-unite the ATM line ! And why don't we putt Eller on the second line ?We are looking for a player to fill the spot on this line and Eller is asking for more TOI....he isn't a long term solution but we have nothing to loose.

Cam-Plekanec-Ak
Eller-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Halpern-Darche
Moen-pyatt-Lapierre

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Last game Akost had a perfect pass from gomez but missed wide on a good chance to score. Don't fix something that ain't broken. We just beat two legitimate stanley cup contenders convincingly with the same line up. Role with it for a bit.
it's funny... when Gionta was stone cold playing with Gomez, some people focused on the same thing, arguing that Gomez was playing just fine but that it was his wingers inability to finish the glorious scoring chances he created for them that was the culprit.

but after watching Pouliot, Gionta and now A.Kost all be completely unproductive playing with Gomez, isn't it about time to start considering that perhaps the problem is him?

Sad thing is that in listening to Gomez's comments (first with Gio, now with A.Kost), even if he does it in a charming, comedic fashion, you can still tell that deep down he's making
do you really think, after 20 games, that it's just a serious case of bad luck?

at some level i really do wish that it is just a case of bad luck... but my eyes tell a different story.

Every half decent offensive play-maker sets up chances during a game that don't get finished.
I see Pleks setting up beautiful plays every game that don't end up working because the guy shooting misfires...

the difference is that Pleks sets up far more great scoring chances/per game, resulting in consistent production.

people can so easily point out to the 1 "empty net chance gomez set up that didn't get scored" per game in part because there is just one (or two or three, but definitely not as consistent as what you see from Pleks, or from opposition top 6 centres).

i do agree that the team is playing well, and winning, which certainly favors minimal lineup changes...
but Martin IS changing the lines around, the problem is that he is doing so in a fruitless attempt to get Gomez going, and nothing he tries is working. All that happens is that the players put with Gomez go stone cold.

The team is winning despite the complete lack of production from a player getting 17-20minutes/game, with considerable PP time. If Gomez were to be benched, or given sparse minutes on the 4th line, does that really change anything? I don't see it, at least not unless he becomes a cancer, in which case Hamilton is the easy (albeit expensive) solution.

Give Eller a game or two next to gionta/pouliot, re-unite the top line to get A.Kost going again, and see what happens. If it doesn't work, so be it, we can easily go back to watching Gomez skate fast up the ice and lose the puck as soon as he enters the offensive zone (be it via direct turnover, or by suicide pass that eventually gets taken away).

We saw tonight what happens to this team if Pleks line gets shutout... what happens if pleks goes down to injury (everyone knock on wood)???

Finding out if Eller could be even marginally productive with better linemates/icetime is the kind of thing to do now, earlier in the season, and Gomez being useless (at least production-wise) is the perfect excuse to test it out now.

on top of that, I'm still of the opinion that moving forward, IF we are going to keep Gomez around, we'd be far better served transitioning him into a full-time shut-down role (sort of like what Maxwell is being asked to do in Hamilton), where he can use his speed and decent defensive awareness to help the team, without worrying about producing offensively.

Besides, from what I've seen (especially while at the game) from Eller, I really believe that the kid is ready to be productive right now. His pathetic production through 20 games can be attributed to his ice time and line-mates unlike Gomez who, despite the excuses people try to come up with, has no one but himself to blame for his embarrassing lack of production.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:19 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
it's funny... when Gionta was stone cold playing with Gomez, some people focused on the same thing, arguing that Gomez was playing just fine but that it was his wingers inability to finish the glorious scoring chances he created for them that was the culprit.

but after watching Pouliot, Gionta and now A.Kost all be completely unproductive playing with Gomez, isn't it about time to start considering that perhaps the problem is him?

Sad thing is that in listening to Gomez's comments (first with Gio, now with A.Kost), even if he does it in a charming, comedic fashion, you can still tell that deep down he's making
do you really think, after 20 games, that it's just a serious case of bad luck?

at some level i really do wish that it is just a case of bad luck... but my eyes tell a different story.

Every half decent offensive play-maker sets up chances during a game that don't get finished.
I see Pleks setting up beautiful plays every game that don't end up working because the guy shooting misfires...

the difference is that Pleks sets up far more great scoring chances/per game, resulting in consistent production.

people can so easily point out to the 1 "empty net chance gomez set up that didn't get scored" per game in part because there is just one (or two or three, but definitely not as consistent as what you see from Pleks, or from opposition top 6 centres).

i do agree that the team is playing well, and winning, which certainly favors minimal lineup changes...
but Martin IS changing the lines around, the problem is that he is doing so in a fruitless attempt to get Gomez going, and nothing he tries is working. All that happens is that the players put with Gomez go stone cold.

The team is winning despite the complete lack of production from a player getting 17-20minutes/game, with considerable PP time. If Gomez were to be benched, or given sparse minutes on the 4th line, does that really change anything? I don't see it, at least not unless he becomes a cancer, in which case Hamilton is the easy (albeit expensive) solution.

Give Eller a game or two next to gionta/pouliot, re-unite the top line to get A.Kost going again, and see what happens. If it doesn't work, so be it, we can easily go back to watching Gomez skate fast up the ice and lose the puck as soon as he enters the offensive zone (be it via direct turnover, or by suicide pass that eventually gets taken away).

We saw tonight what happens to this team if Pleks line gets shutout... what happens if pleks goes down to injury (everyone knock on wood)???

Finding out if Eller could be even marginally productive with better linemates/icetime is the kind of thing to do now, earlier in the season, and Gomez being useless (at least production-wise) is the perfect excuse to test it out now.

on top of that, I'm still of the opinion that moving forward, IF we are going to keep Gomez around, we'd be far better served transitioning him into a full-time shut-down role (sort of like what Maxwell is being asked to do in Hamilton), where he can use his speed and decent defensive awareness to help the team, without worrying about producing offensively.

Besides, from what I've seen (especially while at the game) from Eller, I really believe that the kid is ready to be productive right now. His pathetic production through 20 games can be attributed to his ice time and line-mates unlike Gomez who, despite the excuses people try to come up with, has no one but himself to blame for his embarrassing lack of production.
you mean, after watching Pouliot, Gionta, AK, Lapierre, Moen, Pyatt...

although the last 3 arent expected to be on the scoresheet a lot, just reinforce the idea that the problem on the Gomez line IS Gomez himself.

Just looking at Pouliot, nothing while playing with Gomez, did great with halpern/Darche and while not great he had a decent game playing with Eller... so... conclusion ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Habblues

Lets face it AK47 and Cammy have a fantastic chemistry with Pleks. It`s time Martin !!!

Old
11-19-2010, 12:31 PM
CanadienErrant*

A.K. needs Plekanec.

But I would try Cammy with Gomez.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
A.K. needs Plekanec.

But I would try Cammy with Gomez.
Don`t agree, Cammy is better on that line too.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post

Darche - Halpern - Pyatt

I like it alot, except for the 2a/2b stuff. Pouliot - Eller - Gionta is clearly the 2nd line there. Gionta and Pouliot have played/produced like 2nd liners so far.
Seeing as Moen - Lapierre are 3rd/4th liners, and Gomez is playing like one too, that is clearly a bottom 6 line.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 12:23 PM
PaulQ

All I care is Pouliot (perhaps Eller) in top 6, Lapierre out... The second line hasn't produced since the start because they always play with a fourth liner with no offensive skills... Moen, Pyatt, Lapierre... ANd what is Pouliot doing with Weber tonight? Jacques..

PaulQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
All I care is Pouliot (perhaps Eller) in top 6, Lapierre out... The second line hasn't produced since the start because they always play with a fourth liner with no offensive skills... Moen, Pyatt, Lapierre... ANd what is Pouliot doing with Weber tonight? Jacques..
Well I`m hoping he play PK at the same time so that Weber can cover for him on D while PK rushes the puck......Or at least I`m hoping. why play a D like Weber at forward ?

Old
11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Habblues

Well I guess we`e going to have to watch the 3rd and 4th lines do all our scoring for us. Come on Martin wake up ! Top two lines aren`t doing much ...Cammy and AK47 are as cold as Ice and Pleks has been very cool lately, so re-unite those guys . Gionta is just not doing it. Is it the C ?

Old
11-23-2010, 12:54 AM
stubbadub

I like the Nectitsleri line as the first line hands down. It's so obvious. Then make the second line Eller, Pouliot and Gio. Pair Gomez with Laps and Moen to make him have to really grind and work hard for his goals instead of having to find someone to feed.

stubbadub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Patty Roy

I think its time to send a serious message to Gomez and drop him to the 3rd line.

If i had my way i'd also call up the red hot Pacioretty and give him a look on a scoring line. Boyd can go down.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Pouliot-Gomez-Lapierre
Moen-Halpern-Darche/Pyatt

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:33 AM
coolasprICE

funny how nobody seems to feel that Pouliot is worth of top 6 duty.

I find he's one of our most effective forwards.... but it could be that he's found a comfortable groove on the 3rd line, where there's less pressure and expectations.

He's on pace for 20 goals - 40 points, 5th in team scoring...not bad 3rd liner numbers I say.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Capitano

I think Gionta has been playing good hockey ever since he went to play with Pleks...maybe now is the time to shuffle the lines back?

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:38 AM
neofury*

The problem with the Gomez line: Stop putting a 4th liner on the line and expecting it to produce.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote