HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Ron Wilson... ASAP PART II

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2010, 01:36 AM
PhillyFrisco

vCash: 500
Fire Ron Wilson... ASAP PART II

Last thread reached the limit. Yes, we won tonight but this topic will undoubtedly re-surface in the minds of all leafs fans. It's just a matter of time.

Wilson is simply on borrowed time.

"LET'S GO!"

Old
11-23-2010, 02:25 AM
bzer

I'm so sick of him talking about Kadri and AHL every god damn post-game.

Old
11-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Aplayaz2000

Wilson is the best coach ever.

Old
11-23-2010, 07:45 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzer View Post
I stopped listening to Wilson's post game remarks a long time ago because of this. Don't tell me he ripped Kadri again after last night's game.

Old
11-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Dio666

The Leafs are a very young team. Be patient!

Old
11-23-2010, 07:47 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
He does this on his own or is he answering yet another Kadri question?

Old
11-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
He does this on his own or is he answering yet another Kadri question?
Last night Steve Simmons asked him if Kadri had done enough to be up in the NHL for good. Wilson said he is creating offense every game, working on his defense, and if those things falter maybe he'll be sent down to the AHL for seasoning, but it really doesn't look like it right now.

Old
11-23-2010, 07:50 AM
zapy

It just bothers me how he tries to belittle Kadri and Kessel at times. Same with Gustavson. Who's next Kulemin?

Maybe its his way of coaching, the whole "tough" love approach, it seems to be working thus far.

I don't think he's been THAT bad of a coach overall. He's made a LOT of good decisions but people don't mention the good stuff he does, just the bad.

Last edited by zapy: 11-23-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old
11-23-2010, 07:51 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Last night Steve Simmons asked him if Kadri had done enough to be up in the NHL for good. Wilson said he is creating offense every game, working on his defense, and if those things falter maybe he'll be sent down to the AHL for seasoning, but it really doesn't look like it right now.
Fair assessment, I think.

Old
11-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Fair assessment, I think.
Agreed, but there seems to be an element here that thinks rather than having a coach who honestly answers questions, we should bring in someone who`ll pump the boys up in the media and play the trap.

Like that will speed Kadri`s development. :-)

Old
11-23-2010, 08:51 AM
neoen

Its making the players accountable. I'm on the side that its the players team once they jump over the board. You can teach a team how to skate, pass, and play the PK, but once they're on the ice, your hands as a coach are tied. If Komisarek decides to throw it up the middle instead of down the boards like you teach him in practice, that really isn't your fault.

As for benching players who aren't giving effort, I 100% agree. These are male hockey players that are feeding off of 'drive' from eachother, and if someone isn't going to give it, then someone else will. Don't tell me its not there either. We've seen many times the team get a fire under their ass in the third, and suddenly a couple other lines start playing as well.

I think it was Dungy, maybe someone else, that said a few weeks ago, if you think the coach is at fault when the team isnt player well, then you don't know the game. That may have been football, but its still a sport.

C'mon Man

Old
11-23-2010, 09:01 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapy View Post
It just bothers me how he tries to belittle Kadri and Kessel at times. Same with Gustavson. Who's next Kulemin?

Maybe its his way of coaching, the whole "tough" love approach, it seems to be working thus far.

I don't think he's been THAT bad of a coach overall. He's made a LOT of good decisions but people don't mention the good stuff he does, just the bad.
he doesnt like swollen heads ...makes it harder to fit into the helmet, and more susceptible to concussion as a result

Old
11-23-2010, 09:07 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Something that pisses me off is in Schenn's rookie year Wilson would frequently say that he has to be patient with Schenn and expects mistakes since he's a rookie, but with Kadri, Wilson acts like he expects Kadri to be perfect with no turnovers and great defense and has no issue pointing out his mistakes to the media.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:12 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Something that pisses me off is in Schenn's rookie year Wilson would frequently say that he has to be patient with Schenn and expects mistakes since he's a rookie, but with Kadri, Wilson acts like he expects Kadri to be perfect with no turnovers and great defense and has no issue pointing out his mistakes to the media.
I know, it's almost like they're two different players/personalities.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:14 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I know, it's almost like they're two different players/personalities.
I think it has to do with their attitudes. Kadri expected a spot coming into this season. Schenn worked for one and earned it.

They are trying to adjust his attitude a bit.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Dutch77
Predictable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I think it has to do with their attitudes. Kadri expected a spot coming into this season. Schenn worked for one and earned it.

If there is a method to his madness, I don't think he wants Kadri getting comfortable

Old
11-23-2010, 09:19 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:

I think the Leafs are trying to adjust his attitude a bit.
Looks like the AHL was the best place for him, can't deny the results.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Or maybe as a defense men you tend to make more mistakes?

Old
11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan77 View Post
If there is a method to his madness, I don't think he wants Kadri getting comfortable
He shouldn't be comfortable until he can prove that he deserves a regular spot on a NHL team. That generally takes longer than a few games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Looks like the AHL was the best place for him, can't deny the results.
I don't think anyone in hockey expected Kadri to start in the AHL this season. The Leafs want Kadri to earn it and I agree 100% with the approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Or maybe as a defense men you tend to make more mistakes?
I think there's this notion that defencemen take longer to develop but young players are prone to mistakes regardless of the position.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Defence is a more difficult position to learn.

Old
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
cocky vs modest = criticism vs patience

Old
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Agreed. Thats a joke.

Old
11-26-2010, 07:36 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

the way he handles his players, not working

versteeg,gets a stupid penalty, we were already down 1 man , and just got scored on. he gets to play more, took an extra shift at the end, kulimun spot. what message is wilson sending? , kaberle makes a stupid play, buffalo gets a break away, he gets benched 2 shifts. last sat. komi passed the puck to camerllari, never got benched. wilson is going to lose his players, if he did' t already. mistakes or not he should keep pushing the players, motivate them , encourage them. whats next? kadri benched for not scoring, monster, benched tomorrows game.

wilson stop trying to show up the leaf fans and think you know more than us, we have played and watched hockey since we were born, you idiot! concentrate on coaching.

wilson you need

Old
11-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Stan Dupcomic
Thank you come again

It's not Wilson's fault that his players are taking stupid penalties.

Old
11-26-2010, 07:56 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
versteeg,gets a stupid penalty, we were already down 1 man , and just got scored on. he gets to play more, took an extra shift at the end, kulimun spot. what message is wilson sending? , kaberle makes a stupid play, buffalo gets a break away, he gets benched 2 shifts. last sat. komi passed the puck to camerllari, never got benched. wilson is going to lose his players, if he did' t already. mistakes or not he should keep pushing the players, motivate them , encourage them. whats next? kadri benched for not scoring, monster, benched tomorrows game.

wilson stop trying to show up the leaf fans and think you know more than us, we have played and watched hockey since we were born, you idiot! concentrate on coaching.

wilson you need

Well, I figured I could read one of your threads without laughing.

Typically its a trade thread that is laughable and completely outrageous, and I almost made it through one of your posts without shaking my head until I read the bolded part.

Wilson eat, sleeps and lives hockey. He's got the most games coached out of any active coach in the league, and has coached some pretty damn successful teams.

So for him to say he's trying to show fans up is actually rediculous. He's trying absolutely everything to get players motivated and to move their feet and make smart plays, and just nothing is working. When a team is playing as poorly as the Leafs were in the first period...You cannt just bench everyone. You need to get them to play through it.

When ONE player isnt playing up to standards and just isnt putting up the effort and numbers he should be, you need to send a message. Some respond, some dont.

Do you have a thread quota that you need to be locked per week?

Closed Thread