HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Scouting Columbus

Old
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Interesting stuff.

I don't see Howson making the big Spezza move that everybody was complaining for over the summer. The team is riding high and now isn't the time to shake up the core.

I've gotta figure that whatever he's looking for is on the blueline. Gonchar and Karlsson aren't going anywhere. Phillips is redundant on this blueline. That leaves Lee (who Howson has been rumored to have had an interest in for awhile now), Campoli (We've already got Stralman), Carkner (no offensive upside), Hale (sucks) and...

Kuba. Who I'm interested in. He'd be an offensive upgrade for sure. I like the way the D-Core is playing but I'd like to see the power play improve. He does have a NTC though...

If a move of any significance is made, there will be a roster player heading to Ottawa. The team has too many roster players to add somebody without subtracting somebody.

11-23-2010, 01:24 PM
CapnCornelius

The Sens blogger on Hockeybuzz seems to think they are looking for help on the blueline.

They have been interested in Russell in the past.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Doug19

I don't really see what we could realistically trade for that would make us a better team, without giving up pieces that got us here. Our bottom 6 with Moreau back is

Umberger Pahlsson Moreau
Clark Mackenzie Dorsett

So that leaves Boll, Wilson (He should stay he deserves a spot), Murray. I wouldn't touch our top line, the second line however is a wild card. We have:
Nash Brass Voracek
Huselius Vermette Filatov

Who would we move? We have outstanding depth right now and can roll four lines against any opponent and match up well, hell our fourth line is a pretty damn good checking line in it's own right.

On defense I would definitely not be against trading Tyutin or Russell for an upgrade, but who is going to want to make that kind of trade? So that leaves a list of IMO Tyutin, Russell, Filatov (move umberger to the 2nd and clark to the third and make a spot for Wilson on the 4th), Murray, Wilson, Boll.

So much depth on this team, I'd hate to lose it though, but a defensive upgrade would be nice. Is Kuba really much more of an upgrade over Tyutin? Lee is also a thing of the past, we have no need for him at all now.

It would be amusing though if Howson shakes up the team while we are riding so high, I don't think I'd understand that move much, but Howson doesn't seem like that type of guy.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:34 PM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
The Sens blogger on Hockeybuzz seems to think they are looking for help on the blueline.

They have been interested in Russell in the past.
If they were looking at Russell... why was he a healthy scratch last night. Those kinds of things are usually coordinated to showcase the players being scouted.

My guess is Boll, Murray, someone in those ranks.

Probably looking to remove the glut of healthy scratches as Juice and Moreau come back... CBJ likely adding picks and/or minor league players.

Doubt Spezza

BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
If they were looking at Russell... why was he a healthy scratch last night. Those kinds of things are usually coordinated to showcase the players being scouted.

My guess is Boll, Murray, someone in those ranks.

Probably looking to remove the glut of healthy scratches as Juice and Moreau come back... CBJ likely adding picks and/or minor league players.

Doubt Spezza
Doubt it's Russell, already got Gonchar, Karlsson, Campoli and Kuba . And just to make it clear it certainly isn't Spezza, lol.

Nick Foligno played 17 minutes last night after being around 11-12 in his past 5 games, according to SensChirp there were two Columbus scouts in Ottawa...I don't know if I could rely on that source though.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Das Boot
Jajajaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJNut View Post
What would it take to get Carrie Underwood to move to Columbus?
Mike Fisher + Carrie Underwood

For

Rick Nash

Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
wahsnairb

not going to be anything hollywood.. it's going to be a baby step up from kolarik for byers.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Interesting stuff.

I don't see Howson making the big Spezza move that everybody was complaining for over the summer. The team is riding high and now isn't the time to shake up the core.

I've gotta figure that whatever he's looking for is on the blueline. Gonchar and Karlsson aren't going anywhere. Phillips is redundant on this blueline. That leaves Lee (who Howson has been rumored to have had an interest in for awhile now), Campoli (We've already got Stralman), Carkner (no offensive upside), Hale (sucks) and...

Kuba. Who I'm interested in. He'd be an offensive upgrade for sure. I like the way the D-Core is playing but I'd like to see the power play improve. He does have a NTC though...

If a move of any significance is made, there will be a roster player heading to Ottawa. The team has too many roster players to add somebody without subtracting somebody.
Kuba's NTC was only for the first year of his contract which started last year.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him but like others, I'm thinking if anything does happen it will be minor and will include Lee from our end.

What's Methot's chances of being traded and what type of player is he? Never seen him play but he's got some decent numbers for a young blueliner.

11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner Fan Boy View Post
Mike Fisher + Carrie Underwood

For

Rick Nash
You have yourself a deal.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Kuba's NTC was only for the first year of his contract which started last year.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him but like others, I'm thinking if anything does happen it will be minor and will include Lee from our end.

What's Methot's chances of being traded and what type of player is he? Never seen him play but he's got some decent numbers for a young blueliner.
He's having a breakout year. The offensive numbers are a bit high at the moment but he's rounding into a great 2nd pairing d-man. I think he has more value to Columbus at this point then what he'd command in return so I don't see him heading to Ottawa.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Can Ottawa actually afford to give up Kuba now? I've been left with the impression that the only parts of the defense up there that are actually working are him, Gonchar, and Karlsson.

(But then again, the number of Sens games I've actually seen this year can be counted on less than one hand.)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Tape2Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Doubt it's Russell, already got Gonchar, Karlsson, Campoli and Kuba . And just to make it clear it certainly isn't Spezza, lol.

Nick Foligno played 17 minutes last night after being around 11-12 in his past 5 games, according to SensChirp there were two Columbus scouts in Ottawa...I don't know if I could rely on that source though.
I think Foligno's elevated minutes had something to do with Neil leaving the game. Kelly dropped back down, and someone needed to play LW with Spezza/Alfie.

Or on the otherhand maybe they were putting him out there with Spez/Alfie to try and showcase him a bit.

Who knows... personally I don't want to see Foligno get traded, but by all means please take Brian Lee.

Tape2Tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJNut View Post
What would it take to get Carrie Underwood to move to Columbus?
I bet if I moved back to Columbus, she would soon follow

Have to think both teams are looking for changes on the blueline, if anything at all. The fact that Russell was the healthy scratch last night is interesting ... I almost wonder if a deal was on the table that the Jackets were planning for, to move Russell last night, that maybe fell through?

If we're moving one of our 7 second pair defensemen, I have to think we're getting either an upgrade on defense, or a prospect/pick coming our way. I really don't see Howson making a move for another forward right now, with our glut of forwards already.

OoOoO ... maybe they'll trade Jared Cowen to the Jackets? *dreaming*

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
http://twitter.com/aportzline

According to Portzline, Our head scout director has been spotted at your games.

"Ottawa has 2 scouts in Nationwide Arena again. Nick Polano has been here most nights; now Pierre Dorion, dir of player personel, joins him"

Any insight as to who you guys might be looking at?

The only position that needs upgrading is 1st PP unit point.. even with that I don't think Howson is seriously looking at making any trades right now. The team is winning with one of the worst power plays in the league so why shake up the lockerroom.

Having said that I think a trade could be made near the deadline, but not now.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Haven't the Sens wanted Tyutin for a while now?

Just thinking out loud. Tyutin seems to be expendable now that Rusty and Marc have stepped their games up respectively.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Kev22

Howson's got some tough decisions to make in regard to his glut of forwards. Personally, I think that Kyle Wilson has absolutely earned a spot on this team. The person he kicks to the curb in my mind is Andrew Murray.

If Kuba is who the interest could possibly be about, then I think that Tyutin has to go, he would be logical because of the economics of the deal.

Murray + Tyutin + sweetner (3rd or 4th round pick) for Kuba

Jackets take on like 300K in salary.

Kuba would be the PP QB and he could be paired with his fellow countryman Hejda on the second pairing.

Defense would look like this:

Klesla-Methot
Hejda-Kuba
Commodore-Stralman/Russell

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post

Murray + Tyutin + sweetner (3rd or 4th round pick) for Kuba
i don't think that gets it done...tyutin, imo, has reached his potential...weighty is a dime a dozen player...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:45 PM
blahblah

Kuba's not a bad little player when he's in the lineup. But how does he fit in our long term plans?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Karlssonlee

Sens fan here,

just wondering how Tyutin has played for you guys thus far this season.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:07 PM
blahblah

lol, this should be fun...

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Sens fan here, what can you guys tell me about Tyutin? Is he physical? He's listed at 6'2 215 which is good size. Kuba's a big guy but he doesn't play overly physical, so if Tyutin plays it physical maybe a Kuba for Tyutin deal makes sense.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM
wilfred

Does Kuba, Foligno and Lee

Tyutin and Filatov

Or does Ottawa have to add

wilfred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Wisnutsen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Fact: The third jersey will be unveiled at Tuttle by...Jason Spezza.
we need to trade with Philly so Mike Richards aka "Cannon" can unveil the new jersey

Wisnutsen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Sens fan here,

just wondering how Tyutin has played for you guys thus far this season.
Tyutin's one of those guys who's fantastic when he's invisible and horrifying when you notice him. There's a few guys here who want to ship him out on a rail due to some issues with turnovers, largely 'cause that's the only time he ever gets noticed at all.

He was one of the guys on the point on our power play last year and did surprisingly well, but I wouldn't recommend him for that role.

Basically, an effective defensive guy with the occasional ulcer-inducing brainfart.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Just read the chat transcript over at the Dogpatch.

There was this exchange:

Quote:
[andrew] Porty, heard Ottawa had something akin to their entire scouting department at Nationwide. Anything we can infer from this or did the ottawa scouts just really want to watch CBJ vs Predators for their own personal enjoyment?

[Portzline] Hmm. Wonder where you heard that? Actually, it was two scouts. Ottawa has been here all season. Last night, they had a scout and their director of player personnel on hand to watch, which could be a sign that something is intensifying. Or it could mean nothing. The Senators, I'm told, are looking for a left winger, preferably one with a little grit.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...t.html?sid=101

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote