HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller throwing aside Danny's stick

Old
11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
canadian_man_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Unsportsmanlike conduct. You'd have to be quite delusional to not see that. I still cannot believe Eller got away with that.

And before you say, "well Briere got away with a slash!" Eller slashed Briere's feet first before the puck was even dropped, tripping him in the process. They're both at fault but Eller crossed the line when he decided to chuck Briere's stick. Clearly unsportsmanlike conduct.
Where is the sarcasm emoticon on this post? You can't be serious. Briere got away with a spear to the nuts. I don't know about you, but if anyone speared me in the nuts I would do a hell of a lot worse then chucking his stick. A small slash to the foot and a spear to the groin are two totally different things. If Briere had of slashed him back it would have been fair, but he was his normal wussy self and speared him in the gonads.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Clyde Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Briere is a loser, always was and always will be.
Well your fanbase obviously wanted him and was bitter that he didn't sign with Montreal, hence the booing every game. I guess he must not be that much of a loser.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
Well your fanbase obviously wanted him and was bitter that he didn't sign with Montreal, hence the booing every game. I guess he must not be that much of a loser.
Not all of us wanted him, don't get me wrong he isn't a bad hockey player, I just think he is a little punk. The suspension a couple of weeks ago proves that. Always looking for dirty plays and then skates away. Even Lapierre is more of a men then that

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:23 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Just like some wanted Sundin, or Lecavalier or GOMEZ lol. Meaning that not every1 wanted Bree-air me included. We boo Komisarek every game we face toronto and he stil suck balls. Bree-air has talent, but his ****** attitude makes me wanna puke. WTF was that harpooning on Eller. Bree-air is messed up in his head, you can see it everytime he gives an interview to the media.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
neofury*

Quote:
What's your point though? Yeah some of us wanted him, some of us want a lot of things.

Just basing it on the logic you're using in the scenario. You seem to like to generalize and make assumptions.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Would love to see a video too!!

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Eller didn't get a penalty on the play, he though he was getting a penalty and skated to the bench but was told to get out not having been called. Was funny
I don't understand why that face off was moved to the outside of the zone though. Made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Refs really look like they have no idea what to do some times.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:38 AM
TheNewGuy

I still can't believe the old fools from L'antichambre kept going how DD deserves to get a shot at the top 6 role when we already got Eller who is waiting for his chance and has shown great flashes of pure ellerness ( Ellerness : the act of being a danish bad ass)
If our team didnt have so many undersized guys on the top 6 then I would agree that DD needs to be given a shot before Eller but with the lack of size...
Plus I don't want to be an ass but I don't see DD making it with the club in a top 6 role, we got Eller now and then we got Louis Leblanc
And right now its Plek and .... that other center I dislike

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I never wanted him. I think he chose the perfect team to play on.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Briere looks like he is only 15 years old, so he deserves no respect, right? Just trying to follow Master Richard's proclamations...
Briere looks like young Paul McCartney IMO

Maybe Paul mated with a french canadian weasel and this is the result.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:01 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
People boo him because he's one of the most gutless players in the entire NHL.

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
not his 1st groin shot.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Unsportsmanlike conduct. You'd have to be quite delusional to not see that. I still cannot believe Eller got away with that.

And before you say, "well Briere got away with a slash!" Eller slashed Briere's feet first before the puck was even dropped, tripping him in the process. They're both at fault but Eller crossed the line when he decided to chuck Briere's stick. Clearly unsportsmanlike conduct.
Seriously ? That's where the line crossing was for you ? Not the nut-crushing ? Impaling an opponent's junk is just part of the game but throwing away the weapon stuck in your balls afterwards is over the line ?

Briere is such a gutless little b1tch (happy to see I'm not the only one who had noticed) I have seen him do this cheapest of moves a bunch of times ; if someone was do look for it, I'm sure we could make a video "best of Briere" cracking nuts like 20-30 times in his career. I'd be so embarassed if he was wearing habs colors. Ron fournier was right : he is a chieux

Last edited by Dr_Hook: 11-23-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
The funny thing is that the flyers were deciding between Gomez and Briere, how that turn out for you guys?. Also if you do piss off briere he will stick you, flyers have a discipline problem, but also i say about 20% of the calls are easily reputation BS penalties.
I'd rather Gomez than Briere, so it's all good.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:53 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Really? Can you honestly really say that? At this point, I'd rather have an overweight cross-eyed three-legged gerbil than Scott Gomez.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I ****ing hate Briere and all of his cheapshots but I woudn't go that far. Briere is still a very good player, regular season or playoffs. He's much more of a game breaker than Gomez.

Still ****ing hate him though.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
The funny thing is that the flyers were deciding between Gomez and Briere, how that turn out for you guys?. Also if you do piss off briere he will stick you, flyers have a discipline problem, but also i say about 20% of the calls are easily reputation BS penalties.
Haha, Briere doesn't even get called on the stickwork.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
How did that turn out? Please tell us. Did Briere lead the Flyers to the Stanley Cup or something? No.

Briere wouldn't have signed with the Habs anyway because he wouldn't have had anyone to hide behind. So moot point.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I don't know if he'll ever be more than a solid 2-way 3rd line centre...Maybe a 2nd liner.
He's too smart to be a 3rd liner for life. He has to patch up his decision making (especially regarding give-aways) and he'll be good.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:12 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

The production has yet to match it, but you can't help but be impressed with Ellers play and physical skills lately. I think he'll bust through before the end of the season, maybe before Christmas, I'm sensing it's close...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
here's the video

Last edited by Fel 96: 11-23-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
phoque taupe

Thank Fel.
I wanted to see this again

Sigh, it was a good 1st period

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Man, I hope Eller starts producing soon, I like his game despite his not producing yet

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
The production has yet to match it, but you can't help but be impressed with Ellers play and physical skills lately. I think he'll bust through before the end of the season, maybe before Christmas, I'm sensing it's close...

Although I may not sense it is coming as early as you predict, I sense that he has the skill and determination to be an excellent 2-way center in the NHL - much like Plecks when he broke into the league! I like his move last night and like his determination on the puck (something Gomez could emulate)!! Go Habs Go!!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Stradale

Eller playing fetch with Danielle. Love it.

In the video above: Brunet 1 - Houde 0.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote