HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2010, 01:44 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Yup... I was reading an article about him recently, and he said that he wish he knew how to surf and his favorite road town is LA. I think he is trying to say something
haha nice

Old
11-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Brophy

Quote:
Yup... I was reading an article about him recently, and he said that he wish he knew how to surf and his favorite road town is LA. I think he is trying to say something
id show him how to surf if it brought him to LA but hed probably fail his drug test from a contact high.

Old
11-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm thinking a veteran player with loads of playoff experience (including two Stanley Cups) who is still very capable of producing and competing at a high level can be the right addition. And conveniently, this particular player is a highly talented LW who has above average playmaking ability and can put the puck in the net.

The player I have in mind is Patrik Elias. While I'm unaware if the Devils are entertaining offers for Elias or if he has a desire to move after 15 years with the team, but should Lou Lamoriello start entertaining offers, I would think (and hope) that Dean Lombardi aggressively pursue Elias.

He's currently 34 and the remaining terms of his contract, with two seasons remaining at a manageable rate of $5M can logically fit into the team's cap equation. It would not restrict Lombardi from retaining Doughty, Johnson and Simmonds.

Not sure what the demands would be, but a trade involving Scott Parse (who can possibly fit into the Devils plans in the future), Oscar Moller (replacing the vacancy in their prospect pool left when Bergfors was dealt), one of Thomas Hickey or Viatcheslav Voynov (a much needed offensive defenseman who can potentially make the jump to the NHL) and a conditional draft pick (depending on how far the Kings advance in the playoffs) could be sufficient parts to structure a trade for Elias.

I think he'd be the perfect complement to Kopitar and Brown. It would also permit the Kings to keep their lines intact with this lineup (when completely healthy):

Elias-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis
Westgarth

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Drewiske-Greene
Harrold

I'd say that lineup inches closer to the depth the Kings would require for a lengthy playoff run. Closer towards the deadline, the addition of another veteran defenseman to play on the bottom pairing and a physical banger who can play on the fourth line could be the final touches Lombardi has to make.

Old
11-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed Whale 2013 View Post
id show him how to surf if it brought him to LA but hed probably fail his drug test from a contact high.
This guy is my top nominee for poster of the year on these boards. He reminds me of Towelie.

Old
11-23-2010, 03:52 AM
redcard

Quote:
Yeah, maybe he'll sign with us in 5 years when his deal expires....

Old
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm thinking a veteran player with loads of playoff experience (including two Stanley Cups) who is still very capable of producing and competing at a high level can be the right addition. And conveniently, this particular player is a highly talented LW who has above average playmaking ability and can put the puck in the net.

The player I have in mind is Patrik Elias. While I'm unaware if the Devils are entertaining offers for Elias or if he has a desire to move after 15 years with the team, but should Lou Lamoriello start entertaining offers, I would think (and hope) that Dean Lombardi aggressively pursue Elias.

He's currently 34 and the remaining terms of his contract, with two seasons remaining at a manageable rate of $5M can logically fit into the team's cap equation. It would not restrict Lombardi from retaining Doughty, Johnson and Simmonds.

Not sure what the demands would be, but a trade involving Scott Parse (who can possibly fit into the Devils plans in the future), Oscar Moller (replacing the vacancy in their prospect pool left when Bergfors was dealt), one of Thomas Hickey or Viatcheslav Voynov (a much needed offensive defenseman who can potentially make the jump to the NHL) and a conditional draft pick (depending on how far the Kings advance in the playoffs) could be sufficient parts to structure a trade for Elias.

I think he'd be the perfect complement to Kopitar and Brown. It would also permit the Kings to keep their lines intact with this lineup (when completely healthy):

Elias-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis
Westgarth

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Drewiske-Greene
Harrold

I'd say that lineup inches closer to the depth the Kings would require for a lengthy playoff run. Closer towards the deadline, the addition of another veteran defenseman to play on the bottom pairing and a physical banger who can play on the fourth line could be the final touches Lombardi has to make.
Typically i would have loved to have Elias 3 years ago when he was beasting. And maybe he would be energized again on a different team.. That being said, he is alot slower now...and his cap hit is not 5, its 6 until 2013 season, which could hamstring us.

If the difference was having elias at a 6 mill or a Semin or Richards for 7 million. Id rather take a chance on the others.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I was thinking Elias' contract has too many years left on it and he is pretty much done.

Old
11-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Johnny Utah

Elias?! Ziggy, my man, this dude has been going downhill for 4 years...I heard him in an interview once and he sounded like an ahole as well.

BTW, anyone read Matthew Barry's latest...seems like there is a problem in the dressing room and Hextall wants him out.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...Know/125/31662

Also more speculation about Penner, Wheeler.

Old
11-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Elias?! Ziggy, my man, this dude has been going downhill for 4 years...I heard him in an interview once and he sounded like an ahole as well.

BTW, anyone read Matthew Barry's latest...seems like there is a problem in the dressing room and Hextall wants him out.

I really do not like him. He starts so much **** that doesn't need to be started. He is worthless.

Old
11-23-2010, 12:58 PM
scramble91

Quote:

Kinda curious on who Hextall wants out of the locker room.....

Old
11-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Johnny Utah

Simmonds? Richardson? Stoll? Williams?

Def not Scuderi, Brown, Kopitar, Greene, Handzus.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Kinda curious on who Hextall wants out of the locker room.....
It's gotta be Johnson.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:06 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Simmonds? Richardson? Stoll? Williams?

Def not Scuderi, Brown, Kopitar, Greene, Handzus.
Its probably someone who will blow our minds...like JJ or even Drew. That would be bad and put Dean into a very difficult situation.

But again, unless the Team Nurse has been in the lockeroom, then there is a high probability that this rumor is nonsense.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Johnny Utah

Matthew Barry reads this forum, I want him to stop being so cryptic and just drop the names. Other bloggers just state the facts, I love what he does, but Strickland, Meltzer and others just says whatever, even is it has consequences...

Old
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
It's gotta be Johnson.
i can assure you that it isn't Johnson.

my guess is that said player is someone whose behavior has already been "being watched" for a little while now.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
It's gotta be Johnson.

I concur. I've been saying ever since the DL/JJ "Jack was never taught how to play defense" incident that it's only a matter of time.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
It's gotta be Johnson.
Why does it have to be Johnson? Have any shred of evidence to give you the impression that Johnson is the disruptive type? And I call BS on this alleged rumor, much like the rumor that was claiming a trade being near completion on Saturday.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:24 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i can assure you that it isn't Johnson.

my guess is that said player is someone whose behavior has already been "being watched" for a little while now.
now you got me curious on this one...lol Do you think its simmonds?

Old
11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Matthew Barry reads this forum, I want him to stop being so cryptic and just drop the names. Other bloggers just state the facts, I love what he does, but Strickland, Meltzer and others just says whatever, even is it has consequences...
You know why he doesn't name names. He knows the players follow him daily and he doesn't want to cause problems. OK when anyone is traded he then can say "that" was the guy I was talking about. See, I told you. When in reality he told us nothing.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
now you got me curious on this one...lol Do you think its simmonds?

no...

Old
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
SuperAlmeida

It gotta be Ryan Smyth. Haha.. Just kidding.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:34 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Likely candidates imo:

Simmonds, Parse.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

My thoughts went to Simmonds, but who knows. I don't think it's JJ, that's too obvious.

BUT, it could also be crap. How could a team that played so well together and seemed to really love each other a week ago, all of the sudden have problems in the locker room? Doesn't make sense.

That being said, I hope he's right and we're making a trade soon. Something needs to happen.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Likely candidates imo:

Simmonds, Parse.

1) Does Parse even count?

2) Why are so many people suggesting Simmonds is the culprit? I read a couple of things last season insinuating Simmonds might be a "bad influence", but were these claims ever substantiated?

Just what "bad influence" stuff is Simmonds allegedly guilty of?

I never read that far, nor cared to track down the "dirt". Was it legit after all?

Old
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
no...
how about Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Handzus, Clifford, Richardson, Parse, Lewis, Westgarth or Ponikarovsky?

Closed Thread