HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Likely candidates imo:

Simmonds, Parse.
Hmm, what makes you say Parse? That's an odd one, especially since he's really done nothing and is now injured for a really long time.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
That being said, I hope he's right and we're making a trade soon. Something needs to happen.

But what if we do and it turns out to have been Bernier?

Old
11-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
1) Does Parse even count?

2) Why are so many people suggesting Simmonds is the culprit? I read a couple of things last season insinuating Simmonds might be a "bad influence", but were these claims ever substantiated?

Just what "bad influence" stuff is Simmonds allegedly guilty of?

I never read that far, nor cared to track down the "dirt". Was it legit after all?
For the same reasons some of you think it's Johnson.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:42 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I heard from people on the Kings cruise last year that Parse drinks like a fish. That's the reason I said Parse. And I've been hearing that Simmonds is a bit of a party animal for 2 years now.

My guess is that no one is a bad presence in that they are so-called "cancers" or malcontents, but most likely that they offer up too many distractions and aren't as purely focused on the game on the ice, but rather playing the game off it.

But I must be clear, I don't KNOW a damn thing about any of this. For the sake of amusement I'm taking Barry's likely hair-brained ******** and running with it based off things I have heard... connecting dots in my head if you will.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i can assure you that it isn't Johnson.

my guess is that said player is someone whose behavior has already been "being watched" for a little while now.
The list of suspects is fairly small, even if I know nothing of what goes on:

I don't think we're talking fourth-liners/bench-warmers/call-ups. Almost certainly not one of the following: Scuderi, Mitchell, Williams, Smyth, Brown, Kopitar, Greene, Doughty, Johnson.

Who's a regular who is left? Handzus (I'd be shocked), Simmonds (hmmm?), Richardson (strikes me as a team-first, ra-ra type), Stoll (I know nothing about the guy), Drewiskie (falls towards the "who cares"? group so probably not him).

My completely uneducated guess is we're talking either Stoll or Simmonds.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
For the same reasons some of you think it's Johnson.

Ah, but the Johnson stuff was well-documented by Hammond and others. I never saw any type of official documentation regarding the alleged Simmonds stuff.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
SuperAlmeida

Simmonds + for Booth?

Lewis/Richie can take his role.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
no...
If it's not Johnson or Simmonds(my two guesses), who do you think it is? No one else comes to mind.

Kopitar-no
Brown-no
Stoll-no
Williams-no
Smyth-no
Handzus-no
Simmonds-maybe Party hard rumors, friends with Doughty, could be bad influence? Only thing I can think of.
Poni-just got on team, doubtful.
Richardson-no
Lewis-no
Westgarth-no
Clifford-no
Scuderi-no
Doughty-seriously doubt
Mitchell-no
Greene-no
Johnson-maybe Doesn't seem to like it here. Bad attitude it seems at times. DL/Johnson Michigan incident. Inconsistent(who isn't?) Seems most likely.
Drewiske-no
Parse-hasn't played enough or been around the team long enough to be that big of a factor i'd think.
Harrold-no
Quick-no
Bernier-no

Old
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Ah, but the Johnson stuff was well-documented by Hammond and others. I never saw any type of official documentation regarding the alleged Simmonds stuff.
Well, judging from Johnson's response to the entire ordeal, it is apparent that the guy is an utmost professional. He simply stated that he disagreed with Lombardi's assertions about Red Berenson and Michigan hockey.

I find it bothersome that so many people find reasons to pick at Jack Johnson. What happened to all those rumors that spread of him demanding $5M and bolting for Russia? Then seeing him sign for less than $2M per year...

I don't buy anything that guy rights if it goes beyond injury reports (and even those have to be taken with a grain of salt).

Old
11-23-2010, 01:50 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
It gotta be Ryan Smyth. Haha.. Just kidding.

actually, Ryan Smyth HAS gotten involved...

Old
11-23-2010, 01:50 PM
SuperAlmeida

Old
11-23-2010, 01:51 PM
SuperAlmeida

Maybe Johnson or Simmonds don't want to sign a new contract.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:51 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
I heard from people on the Kings cruise last year that Parse drinks like a fish. That's the reason I said Parse. And I've been hearing that Simmonds is a bit of a party animal for 2 years now.

My guess is that no one is a bad presence in that they are so-called "cancers" or malcontents, but most likely that they offer up too many distractions and aren't as purely focused on the game on the ice, but rather playing the game off it.

But I must be clear, I don't KNOW a damn thing about any of this. For the sake of amusement I'm taking Barry's likely hair-brained ******** and running with it based off things I have heard... connecting dots in my head if you will.

highly, HIGHLY perceptive!

Old
11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
123slam

surprised no one has mentioned Bernier, based on his history. If you guys are gonna throw out crap like Johnson and Simmonds being bad influences, why not the guy who has had a history of complaining?

Old
11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
But what if we do and it turns out to have been Bernier?
He has just signed a new contract, so I doubt its him!

Old
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:

Going along with PURELY SPECULATION ... IF ... it is Simmonds being 'a party animal' then it could sort of theoretically add up and make sense. That could lead some to consider him a negative influence on Drew Doughty. Sharing an appartment etc. And I am pretty sure the Kings brass consider Drew Doughty more important for the present and future than Wayne Simmonds. Maybe they'd want to separate the important DD from the 'bad influence'.

But, then again, that is less likely than Matthew Barry being full of *****.

Old
11-23-2010, 02:03 PM
HeadInjury

If he's purporting to break news on an injury or a player re-signing, then I'll pay attention to Matt because he's right far more than the average rumor mongerer. On the other hand, if he's making trade rumors, I ignore him because his track record shows he's bascially never right. What is clear is he craves attention and some of you are all too eager to give it to him.

Old
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

2 pages of OMG its him! He's the locker room problem!

All based off a Barry comment lulz.

Old
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
If he's purporting to break news on an injury or a player re-signing, then I'll pay attention to Matt because he's right far more than the average rumor mongerer. On the other hand, if he's making trade rumors, I ignore him because his track record shows he's bascially never right. What is clear is he craves attention and some of you are all too eager to give it to him.
It's a small price to pay for entertainment. Beats cash.

Old
11-23-2010, 03:48 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:

If you think Simmonds parties any more than the rest of the team except for the old married guys (Smyth, Zeus, Scuderi etc), you're sadly mistaken

Old
11-23-2010, 03:50 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
You're as bad as Barry. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise it's just cryptic garbage and means nothing

Old
11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
You're as bad as Barry. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise it's just cryptic garbage and means nothing
actually it means a lot...

Old
11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
If you think Simmonds parties any more than the rest of the team except for the old married guys (Smyth, Zeus, Scuderi etc), you're sadly mistaken
I don't think anything because I don't know anything. I only know what I've heard passed along to me, which I haven't been cryptic about nor claimed to believe.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:12 PM
KingsCourt

my guess is JB, i heard on radio he's a cocky sob, mentioned in the same sentence as PK Subban.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
With what?

Closed Thread