HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
This is a rumor thread, not a libel thread. Just saying, guys. If you know/have a good idea of who this player is, then spit out the name. If not this can just be over and we can move along to another topic.

Thanks.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
With what?
has gotten involved in the role of peacemaker of the locker room issue that Matt was hinting about.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
IF it is Simmonds, Dean was an idiot not to trade him for Kovalchuk. For Dean's sake, I hope this rumor is complete BS and just used to drive traffic to his blog.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
has gotten involved in the role of peacemaker of the locker room issue that Matt was hinting about.
Ok so Ryan isn't out painting the town red at night? I'll check him off the list!

What if one of them has an addiction to the rub and tug or strip clubs? That would be great.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:31 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
But what if we do and it turns out to have been Bernier?
LOL, Bernier traded you mean? I'm a Kings fan first. If it made the team better, I'd be disappointed but happy to see it improve the team.

Edit: reading the rest of the thread, you meant it was Bernier being the problem. If it is, I lose respect for him. Doesn't make him any less of a player skill wise though.

Last edited by JBernierFan: 11-23-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old
11-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Haik

I think everyone needs to get off Johnson's back. He's taken a lot of heat from everyone over the years but he's always given 110% on every shift and he's never complained off the ice. I think his attitude is better than what dough boy is sporting right now.

If I had to guess, I would pick Bernier. Anyone remember how Fox mentioned how Quick has a 'great' attitude? I felt like it was leading up to him saying how Bernier's attitude is different from Quick's.

Also the fact that Hextal is the one mentioning it means that he's probably dealt with that player before in the AHL. All signs point to Bernier imo.

Old
11-23-2010, 04:45 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
I think everyone needs to get off Johnson's back. He's taken a lot of heat from everyone over the years but he's always given 110% on every shift and he's never complained off the ice. I think his attitude is better than what dough boy is sporting right now.

If I had to guess, I would pick Bernier. Anyone remember how Fox mentioned how Quick has a 'great' attitude? I felt like it was leading up to him saying how Bernier's attitude is different from Quick's.

Also the fact that Hextal is the one mentioning it means that he's probably dealt with that player before in the AHL. All signs point to Bernier imo.
Maybe, it makes a little sense. I never thought though, that Fox's comment was implying anything for Bernier. He just mentioned Quick has a great attitude. I also heard the goalies get along good.

That being said, I've never heard Bernier has had issues in the locker room. He was actually a huge part with his junior team and well liked. When Bernier just signed his new contract, David Perron, a teammate of his in junior made a point on Twitter to congratulate him and say what a good guy he was and how well deserved the new deal was.

Also, if they had any idea there was an issue, would they have just signed him to such a long contract?

Old
11-23-2010, 04:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

my guess is that said player is someone whose behavior has already been "being watched" for a little while now.
If I were to hazard a guess I would say that it would be one of our kids who still has some wild oats to sow. A player like Simmonds comes to mind as he has a reputation (I suppose) as being a bit of a party hound and anyone who he is particularly close to might be another place to look.

Not that you posted this wabwat but in my opinion the thing about posters who are cryptic by the way I can only say that there has to be a reason for it. I mean if someone who posts here knew something about the team or one of its players I would think that they would want to come and post every detail.

What I see as a likely scenario is that sensitive information typically comes with strings attached and that when some of it leaks out nobody wants to get hung out to dry as being the source.

All pro teams (and even a few ams) have pr/media reps but what allot of people don't know is that every team also has outsider media types who they from time to time use to leak certain bits of information to test the waters.

In short, I can't imagine that anyone who posts here that doesn't come right out and say exactly what they know likely has a pretty good reason.

That's just my opinion though.

Old
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
If I were to hazard a guess I would say that it would be one of our kids who still has some wild oats to sow. A player like Simmonds comes to mind as he has a reputation (I suppose) as being a bit of a party hound and anyone who he is particularly close to might be another place to look.

Not that you posted this wabwat but in my opinion the thing about posters who are cryptic by the way I can only say that there has to be a reason for it. I mean if someone who posts here knew something about the team or one of its players I would think that they would want to come and post every detail.

What I see as a likely scenario is that sensitive information typically comes with strings attached and that when some of it leaks out nobody wants to get hung out to dry as being the source.

All pro teams (and even a few ams) have pr/media reps but what allot of people don't know is that every team also has outsider media types who they from time to time use to leak certain bits of information to test the waters.

In short, I can't imagine that anyone who posts here that doesn't come right out and say exactly what they know likely has a pretty good reason.

That's just my opinion though.
I would say this is true. Once in a great while fans that have been around for a while get little morsels of information and they are asked to not make it common knowledge. It happens.

Old
11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

To lesser and greater scales in my experience.

Old
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Oh I just thought of an example of information that can't be flat out shared here but is known to a few posters and is directly regarding someone with solid inside ties to the Kings.

One of our posters is a former King prospect and while they never played a single game in a Kings uniform they were a member of the org for a few years and after they left hockey, worked for the team in few different area's before moving on entirely.

That poster still has ties with a few of the players and a few of their agents etc.

Now if I were to name that person it wouldn't go over well with them at all and would doubt that they would post here any longer.

So is it worth being a bit cryptic for something as silly as not revealing the true identity of one of the posters? I think so and that is why I think that its perfectly fine that people who get bits and pieces of information do the same.

I know its much ado about nothing in regards to life the universe and everything but we are all weird and each tied up with our own idiosyncrasies.

Old
11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
redcard

Burn the witches!

Old
11-23-2010, 05:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I say we tie the witches to a scale inside a pool of water. On one side of the scale we set a duck and on the other a witch. Everyone knows that witches burn and so are made of wood and if made of wood they would weight the same as any duck.

Therefore if we put the duck and the witch on the scale in the water and the witch floats then she is made of wood and must be burned.

BURN THE WITCHES!!!

One of my favorite Monty Python Moments.

Old
11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
HeadInjury

"It's a fair cop."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Old
11-23-2010, 05:59 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Exactly!

So funny.

thanks.

Old
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Simmonds? Richardson? Stoll? Williams?

Def not Scuderi, Brown, Kopitar, Greene, Handzus.
Quote:
i can assure you that it isn't Johnson.

my guess is that said player is someone whose behavior has already been "being watched" for a little while now.
That would be . . . "will the real party animal please stand up . . ." Wayne Simmonds, but wabwat says NO. I know nothing at this point as well but Wayne has had a talking to previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I heard from people on the Kings cruise last year that Parse drinks like a fish. That's the reason I said Parse. And I've been hearing that Simmonds is a bit of a party animal for 2 years now.

My guess is that no one is a bad presence in that they are so-called "cancers" or malcontents, but most likely that they offer up too many distractions and aren't as purely focused on the game on the ice, but rather playing the game off it.

But I must be clear, I don't KNOW a damn thing about any of this. For the sake of amusement I'm taking Barry's likely hair-brained ******** and running with it based off things I have heard... connecting dots in my head if you will.
I have been trying to figure out what is in there for a while now, and you've finally answered it for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
If you think Simmonds parties any more than the rest of the team except for the old married guys (Smyth, Zeus, Scuderi etc), you're sadly mistaken
Like you would know? . . . you're in KEL - F'in - OWNA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I would say this is true. Once in a great while fans that have been around for a while get little morsels of information and they are asked to not make it common knowledge. It happens.
That never ever ever happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I say we tie the witches to a scale inside a pool of water. On one side of the scale we set a duck and on the other a witch. Everyone knows that witches burn and so are made of wood and if made of wood they would weight the same as any duck.

Therefore if we put the duck and the witch on the scale in the water and the witch floats then she is made of wood and must be burned.

BURN THE WITCHES!!!

One of my favorite Monty Python Moments.
THE BEST MONTY PYTHON MOVIE

(Crowd) "She's a witch, burn her!"

"And, how do you know she's a witch?"

"Well, . . . she turned me into a newt."

(surprised looks)

"I got better."

(Diehard falls out of chair)

Old
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Bring out your dead!

I'm not dead yet

He's mostly dead.

We shall need a shrubbery.

Finally, the part that still gets me gagging from laughing out loud is..

3 is the number you shall count to and the number of counting shall be 3. Four is straight out.

Old
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
santiclaws

Savard's about to come off LTIR...

Old
11-23-2010, 06:45 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

maybe it was muzzin

Old
11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Too bad it's not Dwight King.

Old
11-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Shellz

That's rude.

Old
11-23-2010, 07:07 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
That would be . . . "will the real party animal please stand up . . ." Wayne Simmonds, but wabwat says NO. I know nothing at this point as well but Wayne has had a talking to previously.
he didn't say that... he said no... ellipses are magical...

Old
11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Cruel11
C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶y̶ Kings

Barry on LGK

Quote:
Carolina is in trouble folks - think Phoenix - the major problem is the CBA. Many teams a deftly afraid what might happen and taking on a long term 8 million dollar a year contract when you have to sign Doughty, JJ and Simmer...

Would you do Schenn, Simmer, Hickey and a #1? Steep price sure. Is he worth it? Is he the one player that puts you over the top? What if he's the "wrong fit"?

He can be had. No question. But at what price.
I don't know...

Old
11-23-2010, 07:54 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Barry on LGK

I don't know...
i do.. you do it faster than green grass through a goose...

Old
11-23-2010, 08:04 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
i do.. you do it faster than green grass through a goose...
Yeah, I do that 10 times out of 10...

Wish we could keep Simmonds but yeah 2 seconds.

Closed Thread