HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Ottawa Scouting Columbus

Old
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Sens fan here, what can you guys tell me about Tyutin? Is he physical? He's listed at 6'2 215 which is good size. Kuba's a big guy but he doesn't play overly physical, so if Tyutin plays it physical maybe a Kuba for Tyutin deal makes sense.
Yeah, Tyutin's a real rough and tumble guy. You're better off asking Sergei Gonchar to go out and throw his weight around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Just read the chat transcript over at the Dogpatch.

There was this exchange:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...t.html?sid=101
That's interesting, if it's true. Who would that guy be? No way it would be Ethan Moreau, and I don't think we'd be dealing away RJ Umberger. Outside of those two, I'm not sure what we have that would interest Ottawa.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Yeah, Tyutin's a real rough and tumble guy. You're better off asking Sergei Gonchar to go out and throw his weight around.

That's interesting, if it's true. Who would that guy be? No way it would be Ethan Moreau, and I don't think we'd be dealing away RJ Umberger. Outside of those two, I'm not sure what we have that would interest Ottawa.
Murray perhaps? He's listed as a center but plays wing also and shoots left. Would help clear out some of the bottom 6 overcrowding when Moreau and Huselius come back.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Murray perhaps? He's listed as a center but plays wing also and shoots left. Would help clear out some of the bottom 6 overcrowding when Moreau and Huselius come back.
I was wondering the exact same thing. Hmmmm.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
They've had scouts at just about every game thus far according to Portzline. I think that eliminates Murray and Moreau.

11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
They've had scouts at just about every game thus far according to Portzline. I think that eliminates Murray and Moreau.
Very Good Point

fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:20 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
[Portzline] No, they won't trade Umberger.
So it's not Umby. My question would be who might it be, if it's not Moreau, Murray, Umberger, or (arguably) Boll since he hasn't been in the whole season. You could say Huselius since he sometimes plays LW, but I don't see him as gritty by any stretch of the imagination.

Dorsett? I think moving him would be a mistake.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
So it's not Umby. My question would be who might it be, if it's not Moreau, Murray, Umberger, or (arguably) Boll since he hasn't been in the whole season. You could say Huselius since he sometimes plays LW, but I don't see him as gritty.

It's a rumor. That left wing stuff may very well be false. We all know the history of bad Columbus-Ottawa trade rumors.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post

Who do you guys have on the backend that's got some grit? Other than Commodore, we've done that already.
I still think Murray is looking for physicality on the backend, but he's also looking for some scoring upfront, preferably a big body and almost positive it needs to be a left wing.
You know what just occured to me as I'm writing? What if Howson is looking at Kelly. He's got a history with Vermette and Ottawa had him up on the top line last night. I don't think Murray is looking to move him but something to chew on.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:38 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
It's a rumor. That left wing stuff may very well be false. We all know the history of bad Columbus-Ottawa trade rumors.
Seems to me that the Sens are using an awful lot of their scouting resources, if these rumors are true, just to get a bottom 6 left winger. Are the Sens really one bottom 6 winger away from contending?

A defenseman makes more sense from their end. See: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342549

Then again, a defenseman makes sense from our end too. So, it may be a matter of what type of defensman we're talking about.

Something to keep in mind--Jan Hejda is in the last year of his contract. He may be attractive for teams looking a low-cost rental to boost their defense.

This isn't out first rodeo. We've seen teams extensively scout us in the past to have it turn out to be nothing--the Rangers come to mind. We'll see if anything comes of this.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 07:49 PM
LeafRaker

Sens Fan coming in peace. What do you all think about...

To Ottawa: Filatov

To Columbus:Foligno, Wiercioch, 2nd.

LeafRaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Lee for Russell? Swap of underachieving defensemen.
Kuba for Tyutin? Change of scenery for both guys
Kuba + Lee for Tyutin + Russell? Why not?

After all the rumors of Murray loving Russell as a player it could very well be him they're looking at. Also Murray loves Ottawa boys so it could be Marc Methot. He's playing pretty good I hear but you'd be selling him at his high point. Foligno for Methot swap possibly?

I think it'll probably be something minor IF a deal actually happens. Most likely Lee for a pick/prospect/depth player. I seriously doubt we'd trade for Filatov with our hate of Russian prospects, although we do seem to like established Russians who like the NHL

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRaker View Post

No way. The issues with Foligno have already been discussed ad nauseum in both this thread and others on the trade mains, and Weircioch would have nowhere to play - we have ten or eleven defensemen in the AHL at the moment, with at least two of 'em playing wing so they can get any ice time at all.

And in any case, they don't add up to Filatov.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Trading Dorsett would be a huge mistake ... in fact, we could use 2-3 more guys that play his style, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Who do you guys have on the backend that's got some grit? Other than Commodore, we've done that already.
I still think Murray is looking for physicality on the backend, but he's also looking for some scoring upfront, preferably a big body and almost positive it needs to be a left wing.
You know what just occured to me as I'm writing? What if Howson is looking at Kelly. He's got a history with Vermette and Ottawa had him up on the top line last night. I don't think Murray is looking to move him but something to chew on.
I could see the Jackets picking up Kelly, but only if we had 2-3 forwards heading back your way ... which I don't think would happen. We simply don't have room for another forward unless we're doing a 2-for-1 deal, and at that point we're probably overpaying for Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRaker View Post

No thanks. We're overpaying in any deal that has Filatov going your way IMO - unless you're giving us a top-line forward or top-pairing defenseman. Filatov is steadily improving, and while it may not be this year, in the near future he's going to be a very good offensive player.

As has been stated numerous times, I don't think any major parts are going either way at this point. Maybe if the Jackets hadn't gotten off to such a hot start, we might see someone moved - but at this point, it's looking like a minor trade of depth players at best.

Old
11-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Lee for Russell? Swap of underachieving defensemen.
Kuba for Tyutin? Change of scenery for both guys
Kuba + Lee for Tyutin + Russell? Why not?
ROFL Russell has way more value than Lee. Sens fans seem to want him out of there immediately, Russell is still wanted here.

Tyutin for Kuba is something I'd be interested in, but I don't know why the Sens would do that.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Regin is gonna be a great player in OTT...thats one player I'd base a package around for Filatov....doesnt matter really. Nikki isnt getting traded.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Also Murray loves Ottawa boys so it could be Marc Methot. He's playing pretty good I hear but you'd be selling him at his high point. Foligno for Methot swap possibly?
Oh yeah, because giving away our best defenseman this year for a guy who wouldn't be anywhere near our top 6 is selling high.

Foligno has ZERO value to this team. Zero.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

This adds an interesting element:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342549

Per TSN, Ottawa is looking at bolstering their defense.

Old
11-24-2010, 06:40 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

So the Sens are happier w/ Hale then

Karlsen, and they have a need for shot blocking dmen: that clears it all up then

they want to trade Lee for Russell or Methot, thanks to all you crazy Sens fans.

We want to give Toots for Kuba, or more importantly Karlsen for Russell?

I don't think this works out, but if Karlsen has fallen out of Sens favor he would be

the target

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
JacketsFanWest

I could see Howson doing a little housekeeping and getting rid of a defenseman who has value but isn't fitting into Arniel's system. If Holden or someone like Clitsome could be a 7th defenseman and fill-in when necessary, and the Jackets could get something in return they need, then it's a good move.

Personally, I would say Tyutin since he seems expendable. It's not like he's doing poorly, but he seems replaceable.

But what do the Jackets need? The Jackets are set with bottom 6 forwards. They have plenty of 4-6 defensemen. They could use an upgrade on top tier players. But I'm not sure why the Sens would give up the type of player the Jackets need unless they're absolutely desperate for defensive help.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 02:29 PM
DougKnowsBest

its tyutin i bet

these guys are not in town for multiple games scouting players we have had sitting up in the press box.. because i assume, please if someone knows share... but you would think that scouts from other teams wouldnt be allowed to watch practice

personally i say no trade at this time... dont rock the boat baby.

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 04:06 PM
EDM

I would no be surprised if it is Hedja but I pray it is Tyutin.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Hey guys Sens fan here, what can you guys tell me about Hejda?
I mentioned before that we are likely looking for some physical play (which i gather is not Tyutin's thing). I'm guessing Klesla would be a no go, and we already had Commodore so other than Hejda I guess that leaves Methot,who I don't know much about either. Anyway any info would be appreciated.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Hejda is probably one of the most underrated shut down pairing dmen in the league. He can be physical at times but mostly gets the play done. He doesnt find himself out of position often. He doesnt add much offense but is just an overall solid defensive d man.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
personally i say no trade at this time... dont rock the boat baby.
Says the guy with the "DougKnowsBest" persona... (Only kidding, no harm meant)

If we're dealing Tyutin or Hejda, there would almost assuredly have to be a hot asset coming the other way. I'm not big on either of them, so I say go for it, and open up a spot for a guy like Holden.

I would think neither of them would merit a first round pick, but a 2nd+player/prospect/pick isn't too far of a stretch.

Old
11-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

So no mention in here about the Filatov healthy scratch?