HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staals Monster Hit

View Poll Results: Does Staal's big hit increase positive feelings about the McIlrath pick?
YES, I'm liking it even more. 71 88.75%
NO, Didn't like it then, still don't like it. 9 11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Don't like the pick, although I like the player. Why I don't like the pick is because we didn't take the best available player, which was Cam Fowler. I think McIlrath could have a good career, but when a guy slotted to be taken 3rd is still there at 10, I think that is who you have to take.
I certainly understand where your coming from because I wanted Fowler as well. But that is a done deal. McIlrath is our guy, and the reason I started the thread was because after seeing Staals hit last night it really had me clamoring for a guy that dishes that out often.

Like i said earlier in the thread, I want to become a team people don't want to play, not just a team thats tough to play.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Don't like the pick, although I like the player. Why I don't like the pick is because we didn't take the best available player, which was Cam Fowler. I think McIlrath could have a good career, but when a guy slotted to be taken 3rd is still there at 10, I think that is who you have to take.
When a guy slotted at 3rd is still there at ten you take notice because something is obviously wrong

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

also do we have word on how serious the injury is to stajan....i mean i think its obvious hes concussed but how bad is it?

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
also do we have word on how serious the injury is to stajan....i mean i think its obvious hes concussed but how bad is it?
He's day to day with an upper body injury, thankfully it seems like he's fine.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...323/story.html

Old
11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Miller Time NYR

Don't know if anyone posted this yet

AGrossRecord TSN reporting NHL rules Marc Staal hit on Matt Stajan a clean one.
16 minutes ago

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Blazephr

anyone catch "Overtime" on Versus? they had a pretty good analysis of the Staal hit.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Blazephr

damn, i forgot all about this hit from last year that Staal put on Stajan. Again, Stajan with his head down.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 07:11 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
damn, i forgot all about this hit from last year that Staal put on Stajan. Again, Stajan with his head down.

Good find, all I can say is poor Stajan, lol...keep you head up man, surprised he's still in the league.

Kind of freaking sad that Staal has to fight a tool like mayers after a clean hit.

This years hit seemed twice as vicious though!

Old
11-24-2010, 01:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, last year it looks like Staal hit him with a bumper car. This year Staal hit him with a 16 wheeler.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 09:25 PM
TheyareGonnaGO

This is the weirdest poll I have ever seen.

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I hate this draft pick and that is never gonna change.

<-----Still refuses the Kool-Aid!

NOBODY on this board wanted this kid with that pick, i'm really surprised with the voting. I heard a lot of names from a lot of posters before the draft and not many mentioned this kid at that spot.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 06:32 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I hate this draft pick and that is never gonna change.

<-----Still refuses the Kool-Aid!

NOBODY on this board wanted this kid with that pick, i'm really surprised with the voting. I heard a lot of names from a lot of posters before the draft and not many mentioned this kid at that spot.
I agree with you for the most part, as i didn't love the pick and went into rangers denial immediately declaring it would work out, but I have warmed up to it in the sense that every pick we make, no matter how high has a good chance for a bust it seems.
At this point i really believe our team looks like a bunch of sissys who get pushed around on a regular basis. Calgary was the only game in a while I didn't feel that way about, it was a tight game, but i didn't feel like we would give it away, and in large part i think i felt that way because of our physical play in the game. At the point Staal hit Stajan in my head the game was over. We had now exerted physical and mental dominance over a team. Hate to say it but i felt we looked like the flyers, able to attack offensivel and still wear a team down.

And thats what led to the poll, seeing the physical nature of the game pay dividends for us, and thinking hey, if this draft pick works out, we immediately get meaner and tougher when he joins the roster, which makes us harder to play against, cus right now we are just to easy for teams to work us over

Old
11-26-2010, 08:25 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Monday, third period of Flames-Rangers, Calgary forward Matt Stajan was nailed high by Rangers defenseman Marc Staal. As Stajan hit the ice, knocked silly and helmetless before he even landed, the rush from the TV booth to defend Staal had begun.

Although replays showed Staal cutting across the front of Stajan before apparently trying to connect with Stajan, left shoulder to left shoulder, Staal first connected with Stajan’s head, snapping it straight back.

But Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti seemed eager to have us believe what they said and not what we saw.

“Left shoulder to left shoulder,” said Rosen. Then, after both claimed that it was “a legal hit,” Micheletti added, “That is just a good, solid hit.”

But common sense tells us that a same-shoulder hit would have spun or pushed a skater to one side — first contact would not have snapped Stajan’s head, followed by his body, straight back. Rosen and Micheletti had to see and know better.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/...#ixzz16Ol9lwDm

I guess this is the place to post this. Page two if you go to the link. Who is this guy? He's an idiot. Stajan did spin 180 after the hit. His head snapped forward... the helmet went back immediately because it wasn't tight enough. Sam was wondering out loud if the hit would be punished but they logically thought out why it wouldn't be. Didn't sound like a company line to me, the League agreed.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:09 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/...#ixzz16Ol9lwDm

I guess this is the place to post this. Page two if you go to the link. Who is this guy? He's an idiot. Stajan did spin 180 after the hit. His head snapped forward... the helmet went back immediately because it wasn't tight enough. Sam was wondering out loud if the hit would be punished but they logically thought out why it wouldn't be. Didn't sound like a company line to me, the League agreed.
Your absolutely right, stajan gets hit on the left side, you can see his head snap forward before it goes back, and he lands on his stomache from the twist of not being hit dead center....

This guy is a buffoon