HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

No Trick For Lappy :(

Old
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I dunno...I think the team has been playing great committed defensive hockey in front of Carey. I do agree with the PP problems though...1 PP goal a game would make a huge difference for our team.

I don't think you can build a team that will be great offensively, great defensively, and have great goaltending, with a great PP and the best PK in the league, etc. I think those days are over in the NHL.

We aren't anemic offensively (even though Mathman will probably say something to prove me wrong ), but I think our team defense has been fantastic this year, and goaltending has been fantastic as well. It is what it is...this is our team.
I dont know about that....
he has faced a boat load of shots in the last week and change... that isnt that great
and has had to make some huge saves to keep this team in it...

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
I know lol..and what makes me laugh, aside that so many posters here are ignorant and bipolar is that they take a sample size of one bad game to gerneralize and categorize this team. Its idiotic! Yes we lacked intensity in the 2nd and 3rd period last night, ill admit, but you have posters here who say, '' this team has no fire at all, cuz of Martin blah blah blah''.. i honestly dont get it anymore. WAKE UP PEOPLE, THEY ARE NOT GONNA WIN 82 GAMES A YEAR.
This team HAS no fire. Just watch when they're trailing. They don't have the will or physicallity to create something to get back in the game. What saves them is after they lead they trap and wish Carey will be God. I'll give it to them, they're hard to play against when they lead. Because they're a Martin team, great at putting other teams to sleep.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:12 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
This team HAS no fire. Just watch when they're trailing. They don't have the will or physicallity to create something to get back in the game. What saves them is after they lead they trap and wish Carey will be God. I'll give it to them, they're hard to play against when they lead.
where were you during last weeks flyers game with that comment?

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
where were you during last weeks flyers game with that comment?
They were not trailing. They were leading and they put them the Flyers sleep. Martin knows how to do that, at least. The difference this time was we saw a team in the Flyers than has fire in spades. This time, they woke up.

Old
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
saints96

Quote:
They were not trailing. They were leading and they put them the Flyers sleep. Martin knows how to do that, at least. The difference this time was we saw a team in the Flyers than has fire in spades. This time, they woke up.
ahh the sky is falling the sky is falling!! dude its sports, you win some and you lose some. the sooner you understand that, the sooner you'll enjoy the game more

Old
11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
phoque taupe

,500 against the flyers this season so far
hang Martin!

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 06:24 PM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

I'm happy Martin was pissed today. Habs are having a good season so far despite not every player playing up to their capacities(it's impossible anyway). In any case, Martin showing this attitude will probably keep the players ''on Earth'' and conscious that they need to work hard every game and that for the whole game. I'm not a big fan of Martin, I think we could play a better transition game but I guess we don't have the PMDs to do it more effectively than what they do right now. It's what happens when you have a Markov-less team on the ice: you depend on your defense and goalkeeper night in, night out.

Oh well, they will win tomorrow

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
feel bad for price.. cant stop 40+ shots every night

99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
habtastic

if Cammy/Gio (maybe even AK, although he's lived up to his billing) bury some wide open chances that I'm sure their counterpart would have, the game changes. Love our guys, and they are somewhat productive, but our scorers have to score when they have the chance. That's where you win games too, not just in net where we did more than fine. Too many whiffs, missed passes, etc. They add up.

I know I will be grossly flamed for this, but I actually think Gomez is doing his job. By that I mean getting the puck into their zone, keeping the puck and dishing it. That's what he's supposed to do, not body through the entire flyers team to score (which is something AK/Pouliot could do physically). Gio missed a lot of Gomez's passes. And some were open nets. Not saying Gio sucks, just that Gomez's effectiveness is nothing if the people he is feeding don't do anything with it. He also got a couple of self created chances. Yes, I'd like him to score a few more, but it's strange to see (IMO) Gomez being flamed when he's doing HIS JOB, but the snipers aren't sniping and the rest are fanning on shots that could put the game away. All in all, we're doing just fine. I'd say get behind everyone or no one, cuz they're all doing equally well or bad depending on how you see it.

Love Eller. Cannot wait for that first goal.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Really believe it. The best we could, doesn't necessarily mean no blowout. Best we can means a great goalie. A team that can't really play good solid 60 minutes. We have no physicality whatsoever and we have no physical line that could turn things around. So against a motivated Philly team and our inability to finish in the 1st.....we did the best we could.
Well everybody sees the game differently and your opinion's as good as mine, but I rather think this team has played some fundamentally sound, structured, focused and uptempo hockey for most of the year so far, and last night wasn't one of them. You could clearly see a difference in intensity, execution and will to sacrifice compared to previous games. And JM seems to agree, having just served them a nice little bag skate in practice following that "performance", as per Habs Inside Out.

I'm not JM's biggest fan, mainly for the entertainment value of the system he puts in place with his teams, but you have to recognize he has everybody on a tight leash and so far it's proving efficient. Let's see how they respond against the Kings.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
ahh the sky is falling the sky is falling!! dude its sports, you win some and you lose some. the sooner you understand that, the sooner you'll enjoy the game more
I'll say this, you're a good sport.

Old
11-24-2010, 12:53 PM
saints96

Quote:
I'll say this, you're a good sport.
if you're being sincere, thank you.

Old
11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Well everybody sees the game differently and your opinion's as good as mine, but I rather think this team has played some fundamentally sound, structured, focused and uptempo hockey for most of the year so far, and last night wasn't one of them. You could clearly see a difference in intensity, execution and will to sacrifice compared to previous games. And JM seems to agree, having just served them a nice little bag skate in practice following that "performance", as per Habs Inside Out.

I'm not JM's biggest fan, mainly for the entertainment value of the system he puts in place with his teams, but you have to recognize he has everybody on a tight leash and so far it's proving efficient. Let's see how they respond against the Kings.
They did not play two bad games in a row so far this season. + They did not allow more than 3 goals a game so far.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote