HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gillis to join Twitter this week

Old
11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

vCash: 500
Here's a compiled list of his answers:

@Yotesgurl Surprising team in the West: Columbus

@mzpiggy91 Best part of being a GM: having a specific goal and knowing it is achieveable if you put the time and effort in.

@megsabelle Yes I will be there. (Heat v Moose game)

@evanseguin Cory Schneider has impressed. Alberts as well. (biggest surprise this year)

@jjacobr Hardest decision so far: having to let senior players go in my first year

@beauynhl Favourite NHL memory as a player: playing on a good team in Boston.

@timsevenhuysen I would add Bure to my team. (what ex-canuck would you add to the current roster)

@habsgirl4life From the outset our plan was to make the playoffs then compete round by round with the objective of playing for the Cup.

@robertaluongo Snowboarding, golf, fishing, hunting. (other hobbies)

@legiff @lyteforce We expect responsible behaviour from everyone in this organization. Social media is no exception. (on NHL and social media)

@juicyjuicebob Winning motivates me. (what motivates you?)

I was hoping for more in depth hockey stuff... but I guess you can't really get in depth in 140 characters on twitter.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Poor Mike Gillis, what a distraction and what kind of topics can he really cover anyway?

Personally, I'd keep it to hockey anecdotes (that's what people want to hear), keep it positive and talk about stuff that's happened in the past and isn't relevant to anything current, or is a regurgitation of what he's already said. A good PR person will ensure nothing controversial gets out and will keep Gillis' involvement to a minimum.

Edit: already covered a lot today, if this is turning into an ask the GM thing, then its probably manageable on a weekly basis. And again, PR has to do have his back.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Tiranis

I don't know, those answers weren't as bad as I expected when I heard about him doing this.

Tiranis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Gillis says:

From the outset our plan was to make the playoffs then compete round by round with the objective of playing for the Cup.

I take that to mean the first year he planned to get 1st round, 2nd year = 2nd round 3rd year = 3rd round etc
What? No... He means each year their first objective is to make the playoffs, then the next objective is to win the first round, then the next objective is to win the second round, etc. with the final objective to win the cup finals.

Horrorshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
whoshouse

If i had a Twitter account, I'd ask him where the hell has Prab Rai gone?

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote