HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nigel Williams to Ducks for Stu Bickel

Old
11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
I don't know anything about Nigel Williams. Could someone explain in detail what exactly was done to earn him the reputation as a cancer with a bad attitude? Are we talking Sheldon Souray here?
+1 Haven't followed Williams but interested to know what he has done to garner that reputation....

Miamipuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
AHL ECHL Depth

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Can someone elaborate on Williams' attitude? What makes you guys say he was a cancer in the lockeroom and that he was a jerk? What did he do?

Just curious

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:27 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Pashnin's ice time has improved since the start of the season (today was an exception, not sure why) and he's been on CSKA's top pairing quite a bit. I'm not worried about his ice time.
That's fine; as long as he comes here next year. I like his game from what I've read and it only ads to the D prospect pool. Because he was such a late pick he's kinda an underrated quantity in the farm system; Squishy: agree or disagree?

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoliathNYR View Post
Can someone elaborate on Williams' attitude? What makes you guys say he was a cancer in the lockeroom and that he was a jerk? What did he do?

Just curious
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=820826&page=11

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I don't know where the article is, but he's the guy who said at the end of last season that he didn't want to come back to Hartford, just with an expletive thrown in.

And I also don't know if this is just his "thing" but when he gets introduced as a starter, or is just dressed to play, he saunters onto the ice, while the rest of the team skates hard. He just looks like he doesn't give a crap, and all the hardcore Wolf Pack fans have by now recognized this, and are celebrating his trade.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Oh but I won't dare comment on him being a clubhouse cancer. I don't speak on what I can't see.

Old
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Omg Yes The Cup Will Be Ours!!!

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 10:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bickel, Gilroy, White, Redden and Washington's 2nd for Brad Richards.

GET IT DONE SLATS.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/98570

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 03:55 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I agree that this trade makes very little sense, other than Williams will finally get a chance elsewhere. But it makes no sense that Williams did not get a chance here.

But trading away Bourret is looking like the right move now.
Williams did absolutely nothing to earn a chance here. His play was crap and his attitude was even worse. Colorado handed him to us for a journeyman AHL defenseman after the kid had one professional season. Why would they do that? Because he sucks. And he sucked even worse once we acquired him. The dude is no good and this is addition by subtraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I don't get that trade at all. Why did we need McCue? he isn't even in Hartford. We could have gotten a 7th round pick instead. In the meantime Zaborski has 11 poins in 11 games in Finland.
We haven't had a seventh round pick turn into anything in a decade. And what makes you sure we could have attained one? Zaborsky has indicated he's likely to remain in Europe, regardless of who owns his rights. And he had stated his intention to not return to our system, as he hated Charlotte, didn't enjoy his time in Hartford, and obviously wasn't going to be handed a spot on the big club.

Having 11 points in 11 games in the SM-liiga means absolutely nothing. That's a AA league relative to the NHL. The kid has skill, there's no doubt, but it was unwillingness to even try to play defense and his aversion to the physical aspects of North American hockey that doomed him as a prospect. I was really high on him at one time, but we needed to cut bait. McCue may suck, but we got what we could. Wussy forwards who probably won't return to North America aren't exactly a hot commodity on the trade market.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 04:09 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
So the guys on the Ducks that pushed for Bickel's signing is the same guy that pushed to sign Chris Kunitz, Ryan Carter, Andy McDonald, Dustin Penner and Ryan Shannon. HOLY **** WE HAVE A DUSTIN PENNER ON OUR HANDS!!

Here's a great article on Bickel from when the Ducks signed him: http://articles.ocregister.com/2008-...hysical-player

He played forward through all of Juniors, switching to defense in 2007. His college coach (Minnesota, legit program) called him the team's most physical player and a future captain. If nothing else, he's a gritty, character guy that is good organizational filler. I'd be happy if we acquired a pylon for Williams, so to get a good citizen that scraps is icing on the cake.

Ducks posters referred to him as "Random Guy" and "Stewed Pickle." I'll be calling him Travis Bickle.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 07:12 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Sather dumped a future first pairing Dman for a scrub. Anyone who calls Sather a trade genius should have their posting rights revoked.

Worst trade since we gave up Alex Bourret for a draft pick.
Now we will never win the cup!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
For the record, Bourret was in the ECHL last year, and now is in the ASIA LEAGUE.

The pick we got for Bourret, was Kundratek, who is currently one of our best dmen in the AHL.
Amazing.

I remember how highly touted Bourret was heading into his draft. I was hoping we would get him (shows what I know).

Then he shows up on Draft Day literally dressed like a clown. I think his stock dropped off the table from that point.

Sather aquired him as some kind of reclamation project and it never came close to working out. I read a few things that indicated he was a bit of a head case and just not very serious about a career in the NHL.

Too bad.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Bourret was really awesome when he first came to Hartford, but then he was ailed by injuries and all that. But he was always a really fun player to watch. That kid would hit anything that moved.