HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

The All Redskins Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
The All Redskins Thread VII

Part VI

Continuing:

How often is it that the Skins play a close game and all the drama on Monday is on the other side of the ball?

Old
11-22-2010, 09:46 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I just noticed that Redskins rhymes with blumpkin.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Riot

Not really.

Old
11-23-2010, 08:10 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
It looks like we are going to get to see what James can add to our uber thin RB corp. I hope Keiland gets pushed back to 3rd down duties. I have a hunch we will be seeing a lot of new guys this week, last week was a body bag game.

There has been some discussion over on ES about Rabach and his injury. Our OL got a makeover and it was an improvement. Rabach out via injury, Montgomery in; Heyer forced to guard (where I think he played in College Park?). Both played real well. Lichtensteiger being scrappy drew a penalty which converted that 3rd and long in OT after the faux INT.

Hats off to old man Shanny, he adjusts. It takes him a while, but he does. He finally bit the bullet and realized his pass pro sucks ass, and dressed Dockery. Threw deep to Moss early and often. Got Banks in at WR, it wasnt Galloway or bust. Passed 50 times. And won.

Old
11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Yeah last game might of been one of those "opps look what I found" in regards to the line combination that finished the game. Rabach looks out for a while with a torn MCL so we'll see how things shake out. Also, Heyer had never played guard, ever. Not in High School, College, or the Pro's up to last game. Or so he said on the post-game show.

As for the Vikings, well we are either hiting at their absolute bottom and should stomp them out right off the bat, or they will be re-born with their new coach and stomp us out. Regardless, how the Skins do this week will let us know if Shanahan has turned the corner and started playing to his players strengths.

Old
11-24-2010, 11:29 AM
EYEuhFRAYtee

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...-to-injur.html

So long Clinton.

Old
11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateWasGod View Post
Yeah unless he re-signs at a very reduced salary he's a goner. I will miss his blitz pick up skills (he was the best by a mile), but thats about it. Time to turn the page.

Old
11-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

That sucks about Clinton, he didn't do too poorly in the Titans game

Hoping Torian and Williams can perform next Sunday

Old
11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Yeah unless he re-signs at a very reduced salary he's a goner. I will miss his blitz pick up skills (he was the best by a mile), but thats about it. Time to turn the page.
to be honest, when the biggest thing you'll miss about one of your highest paid players is his ability to pick up the blitz, that's not saying a lot now is it? Unless he's an offensive lineman, I mean.

Old
11-25-2010, 08:46 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
to be honest, when the biggest thing you'll miss about one of your highest paid players is his ability to pick up the blitz, that's not saying a lot now is it? Unless he's an offensive lineman, I mean.
Well let me clarify, I will miss Southeast Jerome, but yes thats about it. Portis took LiL Danny to the cleaners and Portis's tenure in DC has been average at best to this point (except for his blitz pick up skills). I will not miss him constantly tripping over his own feet and falling to the ground prior to getting hit while he ran the ball. I will also not miss his "The U" version of the english language.

But I will say the guy could and would lay the F---ing wood when someone tried to blitz. As an old High School and College O-linemen I appreciated his intelligence and all-out neck breaking effort in that department. There aren't to many #1 RB's that would commit their bodies to that kind of punishment, he was special in that regard.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Foy

I was in no way critical of your comments, my comment was more directed at the fact that while it's nice to have a RB that is great at staying back and picking up the blitz (and god bless him for that), there are other things you'd rather see your super-expensive RB excel at, most notably running the ball.

I don't begrudge Portis' contract one bit. From the time we acquired him until a year ago, he was probably the most consistent Redskin, and he had more durability than most running backs do. His time is simply up, and I wish him all the best elsewhere.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:16 PM
WetHog

Quote:
I was in no way critical of your comments, my comment was more directed at the fact that while it's nice to have a RB that is great at staying back and picking up the blitz (and god bless him for that), there are other things you'd rather see your super-expensive RB excel at, most notably running the ball.
I took no offense, I was just clarifying my comments. Its all good.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:42 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Galloway Cut.

I am stunned. I had been preparing for the worst, him as our undisputed 3WR all year.

Quote:
Finally acknowledging what has been obvious for weeks, the Redskins on Saturday released unproductive wide receiver Joey Galloway and signed rookie wideout Terrence Austin from the practice squad to fill the opening on the 53-man roster.

A 16-year veteran, Galloway has contributed little in his first season with the Redskins, catching only 12 passes for 173 yards in 10 games. After the embarrassing 59-28 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 10, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan criticized Galloway, who opened the season as a starter, for his performance on a play that resulted in an interception.
Will Montgomery to start. Despite a seemingly fast recovery by Casey. Dont let me down.

Old
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Foy

I love Banks in the Wildcat.

Boom, Redskins are winning. McNabb 8 for 8 on the openning drive.

Old
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Miller30Sabres*

7-7 skins in posession 3rd and 10

Old
11-28-2010, 02:50 PM
WetHog

Thank you Perry Riley, thank you. Shame on me for stating on this forum the Skins should play you more...

My one take away from this disappointing game, more Banks and less Moss.

Old
11-28-2010, 03:06 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

ugh, tough break on the banks's return TD. he didnt even need to block. banks is really fast becoming my favorite player though

Old
11-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Thank you Perry Riley, thank you. Shame on me for stating on this forum the Skins should play you more...

Honestly it wasn't that bad a block. I've seen a lot worse blocks in the back not called. The officiating today was atrocious and one sided. Banks nearly gets his head taken off on what should have been a facemask penalty, no call. Cooley is held on about as obvious a defensive holding as you can possibly have, no call. I spotted numerous holds by the Vikings offensive line that went uncalled. I know that holding is missed a lot, and I don't expect every one called. But when one of the most penalized teams in the NFL comes in here and has only three 5 yard penalties, and somehow every fricking one of their holds is missed, something is not right.

That said, this is one of those games where I am cursing Vinnie Cerrato under my breath no less than twenty times. The man set this team back years.

Old
11-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Berakos

Quote:

When i was watching the replay on the big board i thought it was a horrible call, then when i got home and watched the replay again it was a good call. dam shame, Banks should already have 2 punt returns for TDs.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

I was naive to believe this team had a playoff chance

With the remaining schedule against some pretty good playoff-bound teams? or teams playing well under a new head coach, things could look dicey

8-8 at most

Old
11-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

7-9 would be an improvement.

they still need a ton of parts.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:18 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:

I haven't thrown many things around the apartment in recent Redskins history because frankly, I have cared much. But I threw a pillow across the living room when I saw the camera shot of the flag on the field. It just figured that would happen.

Old
11-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Foy

I called 6-10 at the beginning of the season. For a while, I thought that would be a little too conservative. Now . . .

Old
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
WetHog

Quote:
I called 6-10 at the beginning of the season. For a while, I thought that would be a little too conservative. Now . . .
Well after being disappointed by the "Old Ball Coach" and Gibbs Part Deux I don't get all excited about the Skins prospects heading into, and during, the season. Then I don't have to worry about being let down. Yes the team is what it is. .500 or below. The important thing now is to get the young guys some playing time to see if they are worth investing time and money in them.

I know what I posted yesterday about this player, but I think its time to plug Perry Riley into the LB spot occupied by Rocky McIntosh. Rocky is hurt and does not posses the sideline to sideline speed to play that position next to Fletcher. Riley does, and despite his bone head block that cost the Skins the game, the guy is young and quick. Two things McIntosh isn't at this point.

Tampa Bay is a team the Skins need to emulate at this point. They were **** last year, but they played the young guys and look at them now. Yes they also had a crap load of draft picks, but the Skins are going to have to get younger sooner rather than later. No better time than the present.

Old
12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Let the beatdown begin.

Closed Thread