HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lars Eller is getting LAID TONIGHT!

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Habs8517

vCash: 500
Nice win. Good that they didnt sit on a lead like last game against the Flyers. Props to Eller for his first goal with the Habs.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
What are price's stats now?
.933 and roughly 2.00

Put him 1st in gp 1st in w 3rd in sv pct% 4 in GAA 1st in SO

Old
11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
What are price's stats now?
Great.

All you need to know!

Old
11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Funny I go to the Kings board and the GDT is full of whining about penalties when both teams went 1 for 3 on PP, and then also saying the habs would be nothing without Price when Quick basically has the same .930 save %, not our fault you started your crummy french-canadian backup hoping he'd pull a big game out of his ass in quebec.

They sound like Bruins fans...
As a Habs fan born and raised in Mtl and a LA King fan second, I have to say the refs did put the whistles away for both teams. Frustrating if you are behind tho.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting thread title, I'm going to pretend I don't see it.

What a great game, props to Eller for getting his first.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:15 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.

edit: nvm it's his bro, thanks guy.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
As a Habs fan born and raised in Mtl and a LA King fan second, I have to say the refs did put the whistles away for both teams. Frustrating if you are behind tho.
Interesting, thought you were a Sharks man all these years, knew they were your closest team for a while but thought you liked them 2nd too.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Funny I go to the Kings board and the GDT is full of whining about penalties when both teams went 1 for 3 on PP, and then also saying the habs would be nothing without Price
I was in their earlier and I saw some posters complimenting our coaching and our speed, while they trashed Murray and their lack of a system.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
His bro.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Interesting thread title, I'm going to pretend I don't see it.

What a great game, props to Eller for getting his first.
Its for a good cause bossman i swear

Its to keep Lars "makes her scream like a yeller" Eller happy

Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's Brian's younger brother Stephen.

Old
Stradale

Quote:
Probably his brother Stephen Gionta.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
I think that would be Stephen Gionta. Brian's brother. same build too I think.

Old
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
That's because Brian's brother is playing with the Devils. In case you didn't know.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Roke

Quote:
That's Brian Gionta's younger brother Stephen.

I flipped to the game toward the end of the Habs game tonight, and the camerawork in New Jersey is putrid. Way too much zoom on the puck carrier, you can't see anything. It's like watching a game in Florida, Atlanta, or Tampa.

Old
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Its for a good cause bossman i swear

Its to keep Lars "makes her scream like a yeller" Eller happy
I don't see anything.

Old
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:

PS: Gionta is/was also the captain of his AHL team.

Old
sheed36

With every game that I continue to watch PK Subban I can't help but be impressed with the guy.. He is just so poised,confident and steady for a rookie dman.. Just watching him skate with the puck is a thing of beauty..

He as the potential to be one of the top dmen in the NHL for years to come and the best part... He's a Hab!!!

Old
tinyzombies

Holy **** Lars, wear a jimmy.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Pascal

So LArs is only 1 goal behind Gomez now!

Old
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
So LArs is only 1 goal behind Gomez now!
Funny, cuz I remember his pre-draft video showing him with nifty hands and finish at the net. We'll see... He seems like a smart kid who knows that his body isn't letting him do what he can do naturally at this level.... yet.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Clearly the many posters claiming Martin couldn't handle young players and was ruining Eller ought to admit their logic was faulty now.
latendresse, d'agostini, O'byrne, chipchura and Pacioretty may disagree with that assessment...

but let's keep the "i told you so" type comments for when Martin leads the team to the cup, shall we.

Personally, i think it's pretty clear that Martin is a good hockey coach. Agree or disagree with how he handles young players, the team plays a very strong "team" game and the habs certainly look like a team that handles the "X's and O's" very well.

every coach has their strength and weaknesses, I think Martin (much like Hitchcock) is the kind of coach that believes young players must be held to a higher standard so that they learn the right habits... that can be a very effective strategy as far as making sure the athletes develop a well rounded game, but it also runs the risk of losing guys who mentally can't handle being treated "unfairly".

imo it's a good approach, but only if the coach is also very good at getting the "buy-in" of the young players, and that's where Hitch and Martin are also similar... the comments by guys like Lats and MaxPac, show that the "buy-in" is lacking... maybe it's those players "fault", maybe not, but the result is the same... stunted development caused by confidence being in the toilet.

Eller didn't seem to be fazed one bit by the fact that he's been getting crummy ice time despite arguably outplaying (granted not outproducing) vets ahead of him on a fairly consistent basis. I really hope that his play tonight gets rewarded with a bit more ice time next game, and that if his production starts to come, he gets the ice time and role he deserves by his play, regardless of his age.

this is right were even the mentally "toughest" athletes can get soured... playing well, producing (assuming he's able to put together points in a few games), but still watching other guys do less but get more.

looking at Martin's "handling" of Subban, it's clear that he won't sit a guy that is clearly helping the team win... but the difference is that Subban stepped into a situation where injuries and abysmal play by the dmen ahead of him made it impossible for him to not get a shot, and once he got it he forced his way into a permanent top 4 roster spot.

I think Eller, once he gets a crack at top 6 minutes/linemates/pp time will do the same thing... and maybe deep down martin knows this as well, hence why he's been so reluctant to give it a shot (because what does he do with gomez once Eller has made it clear that he's the top 6 centre we've been missing?)

anyhow, for tonight, let's just enjoy what is surely to be the first of many goals and 3 star selections for Lars Eller in a habs jersey!!!

Old
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

So hard to pick the 3-stars tonight. I can't think of one player who played bad. There were a few guys who were their ordinary, but for the most part everyone played above what the bar is set at.

For the 3-stars, I'm going with;

3. Mathieu Darche.
2. Lars Eller.
1. Andrei Kostitsyn.

HM: Team defense.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Darth Joker

Eller, AKost, Pleks, and Price were all fantastic tonight. Our D was pretty solid too.

On the refs, my feeling is that they kept the whistle away for both teams for the most part, although the goalie interference call they made on Smyth might have been a bit questionable I'll admit.

Still, it's certainly not a difference maker in a 4-1 game.

I'm really pleased with this year's Habs team, and how they usually rise to the occasion when playing one of the NHL's better teams. It gives me some hope that with a good trade or two, we could have a genuine Cup contender here.

Old
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
latendresse, d'agostini, O'byrne, chipchura and Pacioretty may disagree with that assessment...

but let's keep the "i told you so" type comments for when Martin leads the team to the cup, shall we.

Personally, i think it's pretty clear that Martin is a good hockey coach. Agree or disagree with how he handles young players, the team plays a very strong "team" game and the habs certainly look like a team that handles the "X's and O's" very well.

every coach has their strength and weaknesses, I think Martin (much like Hitchcock) is the kind of coach that believes young players must be held to a higher standard so that they learn the right habits... that can be a very effective strategy as far as making sure the athletes develop a well rounded game, but it also runs the risk of losing guys who mentally can't handle being treated "unfairly".

imo it's a good approach, but only if the coach is also very good at getting the "buy-in" of the young players, and that's where Hitch and Martin are also similar... the comments by guys like Lats and MaxPac, show that the "buy-in" is lacking... maybe it's those players "fault", maybe not, but the result is the same... stunted development caused by confidence being in the toilet.

Eller didn't seem to be fazed one bit by the fact that he's been getting crummy ice time despite arguably outplaying (granted not outproducing) vets ahead of him on a fairly consistent basis. I really hope that his play tonight gets rewarded with a bit more ice time next game, and that if his production starts to come, he gets the ice time and role he deserves by his play, regardless of his age.

this is right were even the mentally "toughest" athletes can get soured... playing well, producing (assuming he's able to put together points in a few games), but still watching other guys do less but get more.

looking at Martin's "handling" of Subban, it's clear that he won't sit a guy that is clearly helping the team win... but the difference is that Subban stepped into a situation where injuries and abysmal play by the dmen ahead of him made it impossible for him to not get a shot, and once he got it he forced his way into a permanent top 4 roster spot.

I think Eller, once he gets a crack at top 6 minutes/linemates/pp time will do the same thing... and maybe deep down martin knows this as well, hence why he's been so reluctant to give it a shot (because what does he do with gomez once Eller has made it clear that he's the top 6 centre we've been missing?)

anyhow, for tonight, let's just enjoy what is surely to be the first of many goals and 3 star selections for Lars Eller in a habs jersey!!!
The only player you had a point with was Lats. Pac just simply wasn't ready. Martin played him in the top 6 almost every freaking game and he couldn't perform. Same goes for Dags. OB and Chipchura just simply are not good enough players to be on this team.

Closed Thread