HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lars Eller is getting LAID TONIGHT!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2010, 09:10 PM
  #26
Habs8517
Registered User
 
Habs8517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Nice win. Good that they didnt sit on a lead like last game against the Flyers. Props to Eller for his first goal with the Habs.

Habs8517 is online now  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
  #27
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
What are price's stats now?
.933 and roughly 2.00

Put him 1st in gp 1st in w 3rd in sv pct% 4 in GAA 1st in SO

subbanged is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
  #28
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
What are price's stats now?
Great.

All you need to know!

JGRB is online now  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
  #29
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Funny I go to the Kings board and the GDT is full of whining about penalties when both teams went 1 for 3 on PP, and then also saying the habs would be nothing without Price when Quick basically has the same .930 save %, not our fault you started your crummy french-canadian backup hoping he'd pull a big game out of his ass in quebec.

They sound like Bruins fans...
As a Habs fan born and raised in Mtl and a LA King fan second, I have to say the refs did put the whistles away for both teams. Frustrating if you are behind tho.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
  #30
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,265
vCash: 500
Interesting thread title, I'm going to pretend I don't see it.

What a great game, props to Eller for getting his first.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:15 PM
  #31
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!
 
TheHabMan43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,955
vCash: 500
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.

edit: nvm it's his bro, thanks guy.

TheHabMan43 is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:16 PM
  #32
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
As a Habs fan born and raised in Mtl and a LA King fan second, I have to say the refs did put the whistles away for both teams. Frustrating if you are behind tho.
Interesting, thought you were a Sharks man all these years, knew they were your closest team for a while but thought you liked them 2nd too.

Tusk is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
  #33
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Funny I go to the Kings board and the GDT is full of whining about penalties when both teams went 1 for 3 on PP, and then also saying the habs would be nothing without Price
I was in their earlier and I saw some posters complimenting our coaching and our speed, while they trashed Murray and their lack of a system.

andy28 is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
  #34
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
His bro.

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
  #35
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Interesting thread title, I'm going to pretend I don't see it.

What a great game, props to Eller for getting his first.
Its for a good cause bossman i swear

Its to keep Lars "makes her scream like a yeller" Eller happy

bhuya71 is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
  #36
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
It's Brian's younger brother Stephen.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
  #37
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
Probably his brother Stephen Gionta.

Stradale is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
  #38
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
I think that would be Stephen Gionta. Brian's brother. same build too I think.

Nidema is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
  #39
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
That's because Brian's brother is playing with the Devils. In case you didn't know.

bcv is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  #40
Roke
Registered User
 
Roke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.
That's Brian Gionta's younger brother Stephen.

I flipped to the game toward the end of the Habs game tonight, and the camerawork in New Jersey is putrid. Way too much zoom on the puck carrier, you can't see anything. It's like watching a game in Florida, Atlanta, or Tampa.

Roke is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  #41
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Its for a good cause bossman i swear

Its to keep Lars "makes her scream like a yeller" Eller happy
I don't see anything.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  #42
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Just watched the end of the Devils/Flames game and I could have sworn I some guy wearing a Gionta jersey with #14 on the Devils.



PS: Gionta is/was also the captain of his AHL team.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  #43
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,946
vCash: 500
With every game that I continue to watch PK Subban I can't help but be impressed with the guy.. He is just so poised,confident and steady for a rookie dman.. Just watching him skate with the puck is a thing of beauty..

He as the potential to be one of the top dmen in the NHL for years to come and the best part... He's a Hab!!!

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  #44
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Holy **** Lars, wear a jimmy.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:21 PM
  #45
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
So LArs is only 1 goal behind Gomez now!

Pascal is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
  #46
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
So LArs is only 1 goal behind Gomez now!
Funny, cuz I remember his pre-draft video showing him with nifty hands and finish at the net. We'll see... He seems like a smart kid who knows that his body isn't letting him do what he can do naturally at this level.... yet.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
  #47
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Clearly the many posters claiming Martin couldn't handle young players and was ruining Eller ought to admit their logic was faulty now.
latendresse, d'agostini, O'byrne, chipchura and Pacioretty may disagree with that assessment...

but let's keep the "i told you so" type comments for when Martin leads the team to the cup, shall we.

Personally, i think it's pretty clear that Martin is a good hockey coach. Agree or disagree with how he handles young players, the team plays a very strong "team" game and the habs certainly look like a team that handles the "X's and O's" very well.

every coach has their strength and weaknesses, I think Martin (much like Hitchcock) is the kind of coach that believes young players must be held to a higher standard so that they learn the right habits... that can be a very effective strategy as far as making sure the athletes develop a well rounded game, but it also runs the risk of losing guys who mentally can't handle being treated "unfairly".

imo it's a good approach, but only if the coach is also very good at getting the "buy-in" of the young players, and that's where Hitch and Martin are also similar... the comments by guys like Lats and MaxPac, show that the "buy-in" is lacking... maybe it's those players "fault", maybe not, but the result is the same... stunted development caused by confidence being in the toilet.

Eller didn't seem to be fazed one bit by the fact that he's been getting crummy ice time despite arguably outplaying (granted not outproducing) vets ahead of him on a fairly consistent basis. I really hope that his play tonight gets rewarded with a bit more ice time next game, and that if his production starts to come, he gets the ice time and role he deserves by his play, regardless of his age.

this is right were even the mentally "toughest" athletes can get soured... playing well, producing (assuming he's able to put together points in a few games), but still watching other guys do less but get more.

looking at Martin's "handling" of Subban, it's clear that he won't sit a guy that is clearly helping the team win... but the difference is that Subban stepped into a situation where injuries and abysmal play by the dmen ahead of him made it impossible for him to not get a shot, and once he got it he forced his way into a permanent top 4 roster spot.

I think Eller, once he gets a crack at top 6 minutes/linemates/pp time will do the same thing... and maybe deep down martin knows this as well, hence why he's been so reluctant to give it a shot (because what does he do with gomez once Eller has made it clear that he's the top 6 centre we've been missing?)


anyhow, for tonight, let's just enjoy what is surely to be the first of many goals and 3 star selections for Lars Eller in a habs jersey!!!

Miller Time is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
  #48
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,808
vCash: 500
So hard to pick the 3-stars tonight. I can't think of one player who played bad. There were a few guys who were their ordinary, but for the most part everyone played above what the bar is set at.

For the 3-stars, I'm going with;

3. Mathieu Darche.
2. Lars Eller.
1. Andrei Kostitsyn.

HM: Team defense.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
  #49
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Eller, AKost, Pleks, and Price were all fantastic tonight. Our D was pretty solid too.

On the refs, my feeling is that they kept the whistle away for both teams for the most part, although the goalie interference call they made on Smyth might have been a bit questionable I'll admit.

Still, it's certainly not a difference maker in a 4-1 game.


I'm really pleased with this year's Habs team, and how they usually rise to the occasion when playing one of the NHL's better teams. It gives me some hope that with a good trade or two, we could have a genuine Cup contender here.

Darth Joker is online now  
Old
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
  #50
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
latendresse, d'agostini, O'byrne, chipchura and Pacioretty may disagree with that assessment...

but let's keep the "i told you so" type comments for when Martin leads the team to the cup, shall we.

Personally, i think it's pretty clear that Martin is a good hockey coach. Agree or disagree with how he handles young players, the team plays a very strong "team" game and the habs certainly look like a team that handles the "X's and O's" very well.

every coach has their strength and weaknesses, I think Martin (much like Hitchcock) is the kind of coach that believes young players must be held to a higher standard so that they learn the right habits... that can be a very effective strategy as far as making sure the athletes develop a well rounded game, but it also runs the risk of losing guys who mentally can't handle being treated "unfairly".

imo it's a good approach, but only if the coach is also very good at getting the "buy-in" of the young players, and that's where Hitch and Martin are also similar... the comments by guys like Lats and MaxPac, show that the "buy-in" is lacking... maybe it's those players "fault", maybe not, but the result is the same... stunted development caused by confidence being in the toilet.

Eller didn't seem to be fazed one bit by the fact that he's been getting crummy ice time despite arguably outplaying (granted not outproducing) vets ahead of him on a fairly consistent basis. I really hope that his play tonight gets rewarded with a bit more ice time next game, and that if his production starts to come, he gets the ice time and role he deserves by his play, regardless of his age.

this is right were even the mentally "toughest" athletes can get soured... playing well, producing (assuming he's able to put together points in a few games), but still watching other guys do less but get more.

looking at Martin's "handling" of Subban, it's clear that he won't sit a guy that is clearly helping the team win... but the difference is that Subban stepped into a situation where injuries and abysmal play by the dmen ahead of him made it impossible for him to not get a shot, and once he got it he forced his way into a permanent top 4 roster spot.

I think Eller, once he gets a crack at top 6 minutes/linemates/pp time will do the same thing... and maybe deep down martin knows this as well, hence why he's been so reluctant to give it a shot (because what does he do with gomez once Eller has made it clear that he's the top 6 centre we've been missing?)


anyhow, for tonight, let's just enjoy what is surely to be the first of many goals and 3 star selections for Lars Eller in a habs jersey!!!
The only player you had a point with was Lats. Pac just simply wasn't ready. Martin played him in the top 6 almost every freaking game and he couldn't perform. Same goes for Dags. OB and Chipchura just simply are not good enough players to be on this team.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.