HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#23 - 11.24.2010 | New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 7:30 PM - MSG 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2010, 10:35 PM
  #726
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Stepan, a 20 year old rookie, led the forwards in ice time. Not good.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:35 PM
  #727
Loffen
Hadouken!
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,826
vCash: 500
DrurysW, your avy, usertitle and sig is a riot.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:37 PM
  #728
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Stepan, a 20 year old rookie, led the forwards in ice time. Not good.
He deserved it.

When you're the only one skating and hustling while your teammates have cement skates for the first two periods, that's gonna happen.

It sucks because he shouldn't be logging in that much, but it's good to know what he can do.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:39 PM
  #729
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
DrurysW, your avy, usertitle and sig is a riot.
Haha, thanks man. Just role-playing it up! Letting my weak, inner-nerd flow.

__________________
DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:39 PM
  #730
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Oh? That guy? Pssshhhh! He's a nothingmaster!
Don't forget that guy named Hell? Hill? Hundragba? oh right Hall. I think he may get 1 or 2 votes

Or that guy Eberment? Eberpee? Oh right Eberle. He may also get half a vote.

And lastly that guy Magnus Pee-on-me? Pee-by-me? oh that's right Paarvaji. He's not too shabby himself

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:41 PM
  #731
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Don't forget that guy named Hell? Hill? Hundragba? oh right Hall. I think he may get 1 or 2 votes

Or that guy Eberment? Eberpee? Oh right Eberle. He may also get half a vote.

And lastly that guy Magnus Pee-on-me? Pee-by-me? oh that's right Paarvaji. He's not too shabby himself
Honestly two months ago I was sure Eberle or Hall would take it. Then again at the beginning of last year everyone was sure Tavares was winning it.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
  #732
Loffen
Hadouken!
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Haha, thanks man. Just role-playing it up! Letting my weak, inner-nerd flow.
LOL, well played. The post in the Boogaard thread was priceless. Haha.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
  #733
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Honestly two months ago I was sure Eberle or Hall would take it. Then again at the beginning of last year everyone was sure Tavares was winning it.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=801206

Take a look at my little game on the Mock Drafts Section. I think EVERYBODY would think that Hall would take it, and those predictions aren't looking too good as of right now.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
  #734
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Oh? That guy? Pssshhhh! He's a nothingmaster!
Wake me up when he does something. Stepan4Calder!

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
  #735
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Wake me up when he does something. Stepan4Calder!
I think that goal he scored against the Rangers was pretty damn eye-opening. The speed he showed there along with that SICK shot was enough to make even the most modest hockey fan blush.

Oh why, oh why couldn't he be a Ranger *sigh*

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
  #736
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,582
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Honestly two months ago I was sure Eberle or Hall would take it. Then again at the beginning of last year everyone was sure Tavares was winning it.
I will toot my own horn here, but I knew Hall would struggle early on. I just could tell, his game is gonna take a but to translate.

And everyone always thinks the #1 pick will win the Calder, just like Stamkos, Tavares, and now Hall. All of them were nothing more than solid in their rookie seasons(Hall so far).

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:51 PM
  #737
Ke11y96
Registered User
 
Ke11y96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Anyone else think the Frolov experiment should come to an end? The guy has yet to be on an offensive line that shows legit chemistry for more than one game, and as great as that edmonton victory was, it was just a game vs edmonton...

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:53 PM
  #738
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 9,372
vCash: 500
7-8-1


offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:55 PM
  #739
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I will toot my own horn here, but I knew Hall would struggle early on. I just could tell, his game is gonna take a but to translate.

And everyone always thinks the #1 pick will win the Calder, just like Stamkos, Tavares, and now Hall. All of them were nothing more than solid in their rookie seasons(Hall so far).
Stamkos gives me a solid.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:58 PM
  #740
CaptainCallahan*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Missed the game. Was the 3 goal outburst in the 3rd a result of us playing a 20 minute game, or the Lightning turning on cruise control? Also, what exactly did Torts say about Gaborik?

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:58 PM
  #741
Miller Time NYR
Registered User
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
Anyone else think the Frolov experiment should come to an end? The guy has yet to be on an offensive line that shows legit chemistry for more than one game, and as great as that edmonton victory was, it was just a game vs edmonton...
Yes, but it's not really an experiment. He was brought in too play on the first line hes yet to play like a first liner but unfortunitly he's our first line lw u can switch him and dubi but I don't want to break up the pack line because of frolov. I think the rangers will end up riding him out the year and saying their goodbyes because there's nowhere to put him unless you want put prust on the first line...

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:59 PM
  #742
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
Missed the game. Was the 3 goal outburst in the 3rd a result of us playing a 20 minute game, or the Lightning turning on cruise control? Also, what exactly did Torts say about Gaborik?
The Rangers actually started to move the puck and cycle in the 3rd.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:59 PM
  #743
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Wow rough game to be at. I got heckled pretty hard by a few people. Nevertheless those first two periods were atrocious, but those first two TB PPs seemed kind of suspect from where I was sitting. Oh well better luck against Florida I hope.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:04 PM
  #744
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Stamkos gives me a solid.
I lol'd.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Wow rough game to be at. I got heckled pretty hard by a few people. Nevertheless those first two periods were atrocious, but those first two TB PPs seemed kind of suspect from where I was sitting. Oh well better luck against Florida I hope.
Yeah, what a crappy game to be at. At least they didn't dump beer on you!

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:04 PM
  #745
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
Just watched Torts' post-game...

He couldn't of said it better. I love how he did specifically call out Gaborik when one of the reporters brought him up, and he was 100% right about Hank, I think. Lundqvist didn't get help at all.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
  #746
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
he was fighting the puck most of the night...tons of rebounds....not his best night...didnt get much help but he is normally a much better goaltender than we saw tonight.
Eh, I thought he played pretty well. Honestly, I thought he made a lot of quality saves. It wasn't his best night but he could have certainly played much worse. He made breakaway saves, stopped several odd man rushes, stopped some quality shots in the slot, etc. I think Tampa could have definitely had more than 5-goals. Sure, could he have controlled a few shots? Yeah, but then again Malone shouldn't have free reign parked right in front of the crease either. Goalies give up those rebounds (especially with Stamkos shooting it) the defense should have been able to clear the crease. I think he played a pretty good game IMO.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:06 PM
  #747
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
And, of course, we lost in the faceoff category by double digits again.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
  #748
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,392
vCash: 500
Anyone got a Youtube for the Tort's presser?

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:08 PM
  #749
The Lunatic Fridge
Registered User
 
The Lunatic Fridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 28,309
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
And, of course, we lost in the faceoff category by double digits again.



The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:09 PM
  #750
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Eh, I thought he played pretty well. Honestly, I thought he made a lot of quality saves. It wasn't his best night but he could have certainly played much worse. He made breakaway saves, stopped several odd man rushes, stopped some quality shots in the slot, etc. I think Tampa could have definitely had more than 5-goals. I think he played a pretty good game IMO.
Plus, there's not much you can do when Girardi's the only man back when you have St. Louis, Stamkos, and Downie coming out with tic-tac-toe forcing Girardi to slide out of the picture.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.