HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about the attendance so far!!!

Old
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

vCash: 500
I was just looking for tickets to the Dallas game after Christmas and their aren't really many seats left. Heck I used to be able to walk right up to the box office 1 hour before the game and get seats. I guess those days are over. We are becoming a Hockey Town finally!!!!!

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
TMI
Global Moderator

I'm not a superstitious guy, but when it comes to my hockey team I don't want to jinx anything. So far this has been great. I hope we can keep it up!

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 09:09 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I just hope the boring product doesn't start taking it's toll on attendance.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
TMI
Global Moderator

Exactly my concern

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:27 AM
66Falconboy

Anyone know if it'll be a sellout tonight?

66Falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:11 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I don't know about tonight but they're running a pretty sweet deal for season ticket holders with this whole "Black Friday" thing. I already bought a few tickets to the All Inclusive Zone for a really good price. It definitely added more ticket purchases to my already full season.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Predsfan80

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I already put my ticket for tonight on sell on Ticket Exchange. My week is already covered up as is with moving into my new apartment on Friday. To much to do. After last games loss I honestly wasn't too excited about making the trip down to the arena tonight. I'll end up going to Saturday's game though. I have all season to attend the games. I know it sounds bad, but its truly how I feel right now.

On a side note, I just found out after talking to Marty that they aren't shipping out the Holiday Pack until they receive the special envelopes that they are suppose to go in. This includes the 6 games plus the ticket to the Ice Show. I just thought I would let everyone know in case they were wondering.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Falconboy View Post
Anyone know if it'll be a sellout tonight?
As of an hour ago...

Quote:
@smashville 225 lower bowl left for tonight, 44 club, 470 upper level. Grand total of 739, which means at least 16,374 attendance.
@smashville is Patten Fuqua from Cellblock303.com (and the writer of the famous "We Are Nashville" post-flood blog).

If we get a halfway decent walkup...I'd say I hope so!!!
Anyone want to start the GDT? I'm at the grocery store right now... ;-)

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Attendance was 16,603. Average capacity so far is 95.2%

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Attendance was 16,603. Average capacity so far is 95.2%
Figures the year attendance is great is the year we are injured and sucking. Hopefully the full houses are inspiring the guys.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:45 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I just hope the boring product doesn't start taking it's toll on attendance.
Holding my breath for sure. If the 3 and 4 record trend continues.........

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:34 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Should be another good crowd Saturday against the Rangers. As for our play, as long as we stay in the race (i.e. with 3 or 4 pts of the 8th spot) into March, we'll be fine. We're back loaded in home games. Its great for attendance if we're "in it". Kick-in-the-Head if we're not.

Odd advantage of not being a deeply knowledgable hockey market. Less knowledge of our overall standing in the playoff hunt, less drop off if we drift. More people here come for the game as an event. Many of the diehards who know exactly the importance of each game to our playoff chances are already STHers and therefore already bought tix. There would still be a drop off, but not wholesale.

We need to hang in there within striking distance to 8th until we get everyone back. Hopefully Lombardi will be like a Feb. trading deadline pickup.

The Tues, Nov. 30th Yotes game will be our first sub-14K nite. Then the Isles on Mon, Dec. 13th and Sharks on Wed., Dec. 15th. These 3 games will be between 11K - 14K. Then we get to the holiday season where many people are off, then into January. Titans will not make the playoffs so Football ends locally on Jan. 1st.

All-in-all, we've had the best Oct-Nov since the early years when we were bad but still a novelty and had 12K full STHers from the campaign to bring hockey to Nashville.

As disappointing as last nite's loss was, we got a point and outplayed a team that looked like a world beater a few weeks ago in our division. OT losses feel like losses but earn points and keep us moving forward.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
From Oct. 9 until Nov. 27, the Predators averaged 15,657 in paid attendance. During that same span, the announced attendance was 16,388 on average. The paid attendance numbers were reported by the Predators to the Nashville Sports Authority.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...dance-numbers/

A significant improvement over recent years where we start below 14k and slowly make our way up...

According to those numbers comps are averaging 731 per game, which is better than the Leipold era for sure...

Old
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The comp numbers are very similar to last season. The big leap is in the paid numbers which are higher than any TOTAL attendance from 03-04 on. I was too lazy to see how the current paid numbers compare to 98-99 and 99-00.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Can someone please explain this statement:

"The bad news is the study says Nashville's worth drop*ped from $156 million in 2009 to $148 million in 2010."

Does this actually mean anything?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Can someone please explain this statement:

"The bad news is the study says Nashville's worth drop*ped from $156 million in 2009 to $148 million in 2010."

Does this actually mean anything?
It means that according to Forbes completely inexplicable valuation, the team has lost value. They've yet to publish their methodology and much of the team's value comes from the off ice end of the business.

After years of looking at the lease and attendance figures, I'm not worried about the statement at all. Value only comes into play when selling and Forbes has yet to be right at what teams go for on the open market.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 08:06 AM
braindead

Agree. If anything, it is a reflection on the general economics of the country and sports franchises, particularly mid-level hockey franchises. There hasn't been a lot of good news on comparisons, between Tampa and Phoenix and rumors of others on the block.

Attendance news should be tempered somewhat by an expectation that revenue is not up. They have done a good job at discounting and promotions to keep the building closer to capacity. Hopefully, it translates into full price ticket buying on the back end of the season.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Agree. If anything, it is a reflection on the general economics of the country and sports franchises, particularly mid-level hockey franchises. There hasn't been a lot of good news on comparisons, between Tampa and Phoenix and rumors of others on the block.

Attendance news should be tempered somewhat by an expectation that revenue is not up. They have done a good job at discounting and promotions to keep the building closer to capacity. Hopefully, it translates into full price ticket buying on the back end of the season.
Agreed. Could be as much a statement that it's currently a buyer's market rather than a seller's. When your neighbors all want to sell their houses, your home value goes down whether you've done anything or not.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Nashville Predators fans and bloggers have been*trumpeting the team's announced attendance*figures so far this season (up almost 3,000 per game), but does that truly mean that an upsurge in the demand for hockey is occurring here?

I have been slow to start waving the pom-poms, because in the back of my mind I've been concerned that a healthy portion of the new faces at Bridgestone Arena were likely lured in with discounted or free tickets, and not really contributing much to the team's bottom line. New CEO Jeff Cogen has been quite vocal about pulling out all the stops to get first-timers into the building in order to get them hooked on hockey, so it's only natural to surmise that this strategy is getting lots of newbies in the door on the cheap.

Follow after the jump as we look at some of the more detailed figures, and see just how "real" this surge truly is...
http://mobile.ontheforecheck.com/201...tendance-surge

Old
12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
RoyalAir
Looks Better In Gold

Great to hear about the uptick in attendance, guys. We get hammered in the national (Canadian) press for our low attendance, but our ownership and on-ice product has been awful for going on 10 years now. As a fan base, we just keep holding out for decent ownership and marketing that has a clue.

What's the background on your new CEO? Is the relative struggle of the Titans part of the reason for positive moves? Attendance here usually picks up around/after Christmas, so we're hoping that coupled with the better play of the team, will provide a surge that is consistent for the second half of the season.

Best of luck to y'all.

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Titans have sold out every ticket they've ever had and they sell out quickly in the off season, so even if they suck, they do it to sold out crowds.

Predators are doing a better job marketing and with corporate sales, the new owners are the difference.

Old
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Titans have sold out every ticket they've ever had and they sell out quickly in the off season, so even if they suck, they do it to sold out crowds.

Predators are doing a better job marketing and with corporate sales, the new owners are the difference.
The Titans factor comes into play for the disposable sports dollar. Yes the Titans are sold out but alot of Titans tickets are bought then-resold by brokers to the average sports fan that couldn't / wouldn't buy PSL's. Those fans may now instead of going to watch a terrible Titans team, use that money to attend Preds games. We couldn't even give away our Titans tickets yesterday. I love the Titans and the Preds but I think that when you can only afford to go to a couple of sporting events, you chose the winning team.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
jlsg

Quote:

They've sold out the games, but they aren't playing to sold out stadiums. Especially now the no-show numbers for Titans games will be staggering.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
The Titans factor comes into play for the disposable sports dollar. Yes the Titans are sold out but alot of Titans tickets are bought then-resold by brokers to the average sports fan that couldn't / wouldn't buy PSL's. Those fans may now instead of going to watch a terrible Titans team, use that money to attend Preds games. We couldn't even give away our Titans tickets yesterday. I love the Titans and the Preds but I think that when you can only afford to go to a couple of sporting events, you chose the winning team.
I agree it will help but the attendance with the Predators went up even when the Titans were 5-2 and top of the division. so I don't think it's factored in just yet.

Old
12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Jobal

I've always had a lot of respect for your team.

You guys don't change coaches at the first sign of trouble, wave cash at veterans, and know how to develop young players. It's disheartening to lose your players (drafted and developed) to other teams because of internal cap constraints, but year after year we see the Predators do well. Hope the attendance keeps going up.

P.S. I also have to say you were unlucky to lose that Chicago series.

Jobal is offline   Reply With Quote