HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who called the G11 the "2x4"? When I played Delta Force Land Warrior like 10 years ago, that's what I called it.

Old
11-22-2010, 04:16 PM
xNeonXtacyx

xNeonXtacyx is my xbox live tag! Mostly play NHL 11 and Bad Company 2!

Old
11-23-2010, 07:35 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
the EA Sports line from 2003 has NOT changed it's graphics settings. I picked up NHL 09 back when it first came out on PC, and it looked, and acted, just like NHL 2003. Now... there are some SERIOUS superior things that the PC version had for NHL 09, including

Better physics all around
Realistic fighting, including being able to fight with both hands
Ability to knock off helmets, gloves and sticks
More camera angles
4 person shootout competiton, 1 on 1, 2 on 2 with human players
Better commentation
Better sound effects
More specific controls because you have more keys on the keyboard if you used the keyboard to control it.

the bad? No hi def graphics, uses VSync?, max res of something rediculous, like 1024x768... lack of support for some controllers... seems to be a ported interface. When I went and looked up why I can't run the game in 1080p, or 1920x1400, I found that there was NO support for hi res. There was no indication of any future support, and ultimately the line was dropped from the PC. Why I have no idea, maybe perhaps it was too expensive to support a Windows support staff...

That's why I bought an X-Box 360, for NHL09. While the graphics were better, everything else wasn't really as nice as what the PC version had for potential. which was sad.

Old
11-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Slowbro

didnt read this thread yet, but nhl 11 was so terrible i decided to trade it in. i got 40 dollars for it, can't complain i guess.

Old
11-23-2010, 08:11 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
didnt read this thread yet, but nhl 11 was so terrible i decided to trade it in. i got 40 dollars for it, can't complain i guess.
NHL 11 online was not what I had hoped for at all.

That was the one thing they didn't let us test at the Community Event.

Old
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I hate prestiging and not being able to use my Famas.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I hate prestiging and not being able to use my Famas.

Same. But at least getting to lv 14 is pretty damn fast.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:41 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Same. But at least getting to lv 14 is pretty damn fast.
Yea I agree. Its just that I have around 3000 kills, close to 2000 of them being from the Famas. Dont know why but I just love that gun. Im using the m16 right now, with silenced, but its not the same. Close range I have a disadvantage, and since its silenced, even far range isnt the best.. Mid-range seems to be good.

Im used to spreading my shots out when using the Famas (like bursting it far range and such), and I keep forgeting to not do that with the m16

Old
11-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea I agree. Its just that I have around 3000 kills, close to 2000 of them being from the Famas. Dont know why but I just love that gun. Im using the m16 right now, with silenced, but its not the same. Close range I have a disadvantage, and since its silenced, even far range isnt the best.. Mid-range seems to be good.

Im used to spreading my shots out when using the Famas (like bursting it far range and such), and I keep forgeting to not do that with the m16
I just picked up the Enfield ASAP and am using that... don't like it as much as the Famas, but I'm better with full auto than burst firing. The gun I'm really missing is the AK74u on my domination rushing class (like to play on top of the flags).

Old
11-24-2010, 12:26 AM
stazza18
HFBoards Sponsor

Anybody playing black ops zombie maps? Just got back into gaming recently and damn these things are hard, lol. My tag on PS3 is stazza18. I'm on PTO for 5 of next 7 weeks so I'll be killing a lot of time gaming.

Old
11-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I've noticed more and more lately that I seem to be one of the few people on my team that uses spy plane. Because everyone uses those ****ing RC cars now, and the fact that those things are a 3 kill streak is a joke.

Old
11-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza18 View Post
Anybody playing black ops zombie maps? Just got back into gaming recently and damn these things are hard, lol. My tag on PS3 is stazza18. I'm on PTO for 5 of next 7 weeks so I'll be killing a lot of time gaming.
I haven't really played zombie's before, and checked it out a bit... yeah, it's really hard. I think it's one of those things where you play and die and die and as you go along you get a feel for the pattern of what you need to do. Seems like it's way more fun in co-op with other people, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I've noticed more and more lately that I seem to be one of the few people on my team that uses spy plane. Because everyone uses those ****ing RC cars now, and the fact that those things are a 3 kill streak is a joke.
Eh, I'm still seeing a LOT of spy planes going up for both sides... to the point that I don't bother to run spy plane, and just run counter-spy plane. The RC Cars aren't that bad because they are really only good for 1 kill unless you get lucky... but they are all kinds of irritating if you get killed by 'em. I swear I got killed like 5x by them in a game yesterday.

Old
11-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Spy planes are pretty prevalent. I use ghost a lot because of this. I also destroy a lot of spy planes and counter-spy planes.

Old
11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Spy planes are pretty prevalent. I use ghost a lot because of this. I also destroy a lot of spy planes and counter-spy planes.
Yeah... if you go off Ghost you see an immediate hit to your k/d in my experience. I don't even camp (to my detriment.... k/d would be a lot higher if I would) and it makes a huge difference because of all the spy planes. I assume that will stop once new folks stop showing up (still seeing a lot of low level folks in lobbies) and people stop prestiging down the line.

I'm also running launchers with all my classes to shoot stuff down... really good for picking up lots of cheap XP. I probably shoot down 2-3 planes a match.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
IrishSniper87

How do you shoot down spy planes? I'm still level 22, so I am guessing it's one of the anti aircraft launchers I haven't unlocked yet?

Old
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
PC gaming online>>>>>>>>>>>>Consoles

Unfortunately my current PC cannot run the newer games. So i'm still stuck playing Counter Strike and Quake.
I used to play Day of Defeat religiously

Old
11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I used to play Day of Defeat religiously
I used to be part of a pretty good DoD Source clan... but it fell apart a while ago. If you need a sniper, I'm your guy.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I used to be part of a pretty good DoD Source clan... but it fell apart a while ago. If you need a sniper, I'm your guy.
i was a beast rush sniper in 1.3, but i could never adjust to the nerfed no-scope accuracy in Source. for some reason, i was ****ing great with an MG though. that caught me by surprise, because I rarely ever used MG in the older versions.

I loved playing 1.3 matches where I could just shut down an entire half of the map as a sniper and let my team concentrate somewhere else.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
i was a beast rush sniper in 1.3, but i could never adjust to the nerfed no-scope accuracy in Source. for some reason, i was ****ing great with an MG though. that caught me by surprise, because I rarely ever used MG in the older versions.

I loved playing 1.3 matches where I could just shut down an entire half of the map as a sniper and let my team concentrate somewhere else.
You should see me use the 1911... man, I can unload that thing and I'm dead with it.

Old
11-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
You should see me use the 1911... man, I can unload that thing and I'm dead with it.
I really hate that they destroyed wall penetration in Source. I used to have a blast listening for footsteps and then shooting someone through a wall.

Old
11-24-2010, 04:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
I really hate that they destroyed wall penetration in Source. I used to have a blast listening for footsteps and then shooting someone through a wall.
That seems really dickish . But seriously, I just play Source with it. Hell I don't even play CS:S anymore, even though 10 years last month was the first time I played Counter Strike

Old
11-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
That seems really dickish . But seriously, I just play Source with it. Hell I don't even play CS:S anymore, even though 10 years last month was the first time I played Counter Strike
It's a blast, and absurdly easy with the BAR. nothing is more satisfying than no scoping someone through a wall though, but that's harder. When I was on top of my game I couldn't leave my clan's server or the Pantheon server where they knew me, and skilled people played, because I'd often get booted for suspected hacking.

I personally could never get into CS. but, i did enjoy firing up source with a friend, and having the two of us square off against a full team of bots armed only with knives. it's pretty ****ing hard to stay alive, because you really don't have enough ammo to kill them all before they get to you

Old
11-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
How do you shoot down spy planes? I'm still level 22, so I am guessing it's one of the anti aircraft launchers I haven't unlocked yet?
Nah, the first launcher you can get will shoot down spy planes and counter-spy planes. It only gets one shot, though... so it won't take down the attack chopper, chopper gunner, etc. unless you die and get another round to shoot off. The Strella, which you get at like 30 or something, has two shots so you can take down the big stuff in one go.

If you don't bother to use your secondary much, it's definitely worth it to carry around a launcher at all times (the first one can be used on people, too). It's seriously worth 300-450 XP a game if you shoot stuff down whenever it goes up (adds up fast).

Old
11-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Jester

They need to fix the spawns in Black Ops... it's killing me in TDM. I am a beast in Domination, but really am struggling a lot in TDM with folks showing up behind me and whatnot.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:23 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Get my Famas and in my first two games (at a disadvantage, Im playing splitscreen with my brother), I go like 40-5 combined.

Closed Thread