HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller is getting LAID TONIGHT!

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500

Just initiating Eller for future edits.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:55 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

lol wtf

Old
11-25-2010, 02:56 PM
saints96

Quote:

you made me LOL in a quiet call center.

Old
11-25-2010, 03:00 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Anyone know whether English is taught in Danish schools? Eller has almost has no accent and this is only his 2nd year in North America. I know it's required in Swedish schools which is why pretty much all Swedes can speak the language so I assume that is the case in Denmark too. Still impressive imo.

You do realize Moen is currently in our top 6...people subbing in skill players into the top 6 doesn't make them overrated. More like wishful thinking. If anything, he's painfully underrated because I'm sure there are a lot of Habs fans out there scoffing at how this was only his first goal this late into the season ignoring his potential and that he's a rookie 21 year old, 6'2'' center, former 13th overall pick, who's shown flashes of skill/vision/grit in the NHL in only his 2nd year in North America. Imagine the outrage surrounding Eller's play if Price's stats were poor.

Lot's of all Scandinavians have no accent when they learn the English language. I'm thinking it's because their dialect makes for an easy transition to the English language. Think of Koivu, Naslund, Teemu, Sedin's(To a lesser extent)...etc..

Old
11-25-2010, 03:42 PM
neofury*

Just wanted to post my little blog about Darche

http://neogenhabs.blogspot.com/2010/...am-better.html

Old
11-25-2010, 03:46 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
This is not an 'I told you so'. It was abundantly clear that those posters attacking Martin had zero business doing so. There was plenty of reason for Eller to remain with the pro club, and there was no reason to question his handling at that time, nevermind condemning the coach for his handling.

Eller's confidence has not been shot. He's been growing and improving quite rapidly, considering we're only a quarter of the way through the season. Already his role has expanded with the club. There'll be rough spots, but the development is evident, and those posters prematurely attacking an experienced coach had an incredibly poor sense of judgment in doing so.

I see no reason why comments favouring Martin and showing some respect for his professionalism and capabilities are found to be unwarranted unless he coaches the team to a Cup. That seems absurd.
Wow I couldn't agree with a post more if I tried. Post of the week goes to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Good post.

I wanted to reply but I figured I'd read the thread first and you explained it better than I could have.

Maybe you're prematurely drawing conclusions as well. It's 1 goal in 22 games. I'll admit Eller has been playing a lot better the past few games, but let's see if that continues.
I think the point he's making though is fairly obvious. Criticizing a veteran coach who knows his stuff is far stupider than praising him with regard to the same subject. Martin has a proven track record and the posters here on HF don't. He knows how to develop players so if people want to give him premature credit for how awesome Eller has been playing then so be it, it's fair because he earned that type or respect. To criticize him based on the fact that Eller isn't producing straight away is a much stupider thing to do then to praise him for his development of Eller. He's proven he can develop players and no amount of saying Lats, Pacioretty etc will change that.

1) Lats - slacker
2) Pacio - wasn't ready and lacked confidence, is it really Martin's fault the guy couldn't find the back of the net?

So now that we are in a position to properly develop a player and aren't desperate to fill our top 6 all of the sudden Martin's an idiot for not giving Eller top 6 ice time and for the fact that Eller isn't a PPG player.

I'm not trying to say you implied any of this by the way E = CH², just stating that other people have and use Lats Chipchura etc as examples of players we ruined. You know sometimes a player is to blame for their own development not just the coaches

Eller was being developed properly because quite frankly we're in the top 5 in the NHL without putting him in the top 6.

Last edited by neofury*: 11-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old
11-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Just wanted to post my little blog about Darche

http://neogenhabs.blogspot.com/2010/...am-better.html
I'd need to look at his defensive numbers to definitively say this, but the more I think about it, the more I believe Darche might be the 9th-best forward on the team. He certainly keeps possession and distributes the puck better than Moen and Pyatt and the difference between him and Lapierre in those facets isn't large at all from what I've seen watching the games.

I believe that if Martin were to swap Darche and Moen, the Cammalleri/Gomez line would have an easier time of keeping possession in the offensive zone and creating chances. Whether or not he would be able to handle the competition Gomez and Cammalleri face is another matter though. Moen certainly can do that.

Old
11-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Bobby G

How many goals does Halak have hmmmmm?

Old
11-25-2010, 04:05 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
How many goals does Halak have hmmmmm?
One; i guess they have equal value right now

Old
11-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Zing!

Old
11-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Lot's of all Scandinavians have no accent when they learn the English language. I'm thinking it's because their dialect makes for an easy transition to the English language. Think of Koivu, Naslund, Teemu, Sedin's(To a lesser extent)...etc..
What about Holmstrom and Toskala ?

Old
11-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Just a couple things to add

Even with the goal, i still think cammalleri had a poor game, his effort is really not there right now and you can tell its been since he was taken off of plekanecs line, HOWEVER, it rejuvinated gio in the process AND, Its CLEAR that the one player you CANNOT remove from Plekanecs wing is not gionta or cammy, its AK46, ..this guy must never, ever, ever, ever move from plekanecs side again, and i think Martin has realized this now

This is not to say cammy with gomez wont work, ...but certainly not with ...moen...and i LIKe moen... honestly... What do you guys think about trying Halpern on that wing? he seems to play well with talented players, and he'll be face off insurance.

Laps can center line 4, or hell call desharnais or maxwell up and sit somebody

Old
11-25-2010, 04:52 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

Even with the goal, i still think cammalleri had a poor game, his effort is really not there right now and you can tell its been since he was taken off of plekanecs line, HOWEVER, it rejuvinated gio in the process AND, Its CLEAR that the one player you CANNOT remove from Plekanecs wing is not gionta or cammy, its AK46, ..this guy must never, ever, ever, ever move from plekanecs side again, and i think Martin has realized this now

This is not to say cammy with gomez wont work, ...but certainly not with ...moen...and i LIKe moen... honestly... What do you guys think about trying Halpern on that wing? he seems to play well with talented players, and he'll be face off insurance.

i've had a similar opinion of cammy's game for a while now. he's scoring, but when he's not he's turning over pucks and losing battles like there's no tomorrow. I wonder if he's injured.

Old
11-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
i've had a similar opinion of cammy's game for a while now. he's scoring, but when he's not he's turning over pucks and losing battles like there's no tomorrow. I wonder if he's injured.
its REALLy starting to piss me off, hes also getting bumped and taken down so easily , but again, its the EFFORt, i HOPE hes just "pacing himself" or saving up for the playoffs, but part of me also thinks, hes got the 30 mill bucks, he pleased the crowd last year in the playoffs and right now hes just in "comfortable" mode

again i hope hes just saving it up for bigger games, but to me hes playing so soft right now

Old
11-25-2010, 05:16 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
its REALLy starting to piss me off, hes also getting bumped and taken down so easily , but again, its the EFFORt, i HOPE hes just "pacing himself" or saving up for the playoffs, but part of me also thinks, hes got the 30 mill bucks, he pleased the crowd last year in the playoffs and right now hes just in "comfortable" mode

again i hope hes just saving it up for bigger games, but to me hes playing so soft right now
, Does that always have to be part of the reason? There is no reason to assume things like that, he is not playing well. That's all. Cammy is one of the hardest working players in the league, some of you are unbelievable.

Old
11-25-2010, 05:22 PM
SB164

Quote:
Some of the Swedes on the main board once mentioned how they are taught English in school at a young age, so they're very well-spoken in the language.

Old
11-25-2010, 05:35 PM
koivu1105

Quote:

Agreed..

One thing i notice is that Andrei plays much better on the right then left. He looks lost on the left side and doesn't generate as much scoring chances.

Yesterday both his plays were generated on the right side. The goal came from the right and also the moves around the Kings players started from the right side.

Most of his plays/goals are usually on the right wing. I hope JM will notice that and find some way to put him there with Plekanec even if it means moving Gionta off the ling because he plays RW as well

Old
11-25-2010, 05:47 PM
SB164

Quote:

Seriously?

I think Cammalleri had one of his better games last night. Not only did he score, but at one point he took a solid hit behind the net to make a play (definitely a nice change), and he was fighting hard for the puck along the boards. Cammy almost got a second goal off a deflection standing in front of the goalie, and on one of the last powerplays, you could see he was hungry for another goal, going for his signature top shelf wrister.

A poor game? I'm not sure which game you were watching.

Last edited by SB164: 11-25-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old
11-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post

Old
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Anyone know whether English is taught in Danish schools? Eller has almost has no accent and this is only his 2nd year in North America. I know it's required in Swedish schools which is why pretty much all Swedes can speak the language so I assume that is the case in Denmark too. Still impressive imo.
Yes you have english from third grade or something like that. Danes and swedes are equally good at english.

Old
11-25-2010, 06:12 PM
neofury*

Quote:

The only player on our team whose going to carry Travis Moen offensively is Tomas Plekanec, and I do believe he can do it possibly even without much issue.

Moen-Plekanec-Kosty (This is the kind of line I can see size hopefully becoming more of a factor than skill, Kost and Moen are big and can hit big. Plek is the most talented player on the team. For what they'd lose in skill imo they'd make up for it in size. Plek is the kind of player who can bring out the best in others)
Cammy-Gomez-Gionta (This line is smurfy I'll admit, but I still think they could do some serious damage)
Pouliot-Eller-Darche/Lapierre/Halpern/etc (either way a big line, yes I think Lappy and Darche could work on a line like this)
The Rest

Forgive my ignorance on the wingers if I have them flipped around. But even if someone plays an off wing I think this would work better than putting Moen with Gomez and Gionta. Gomez and Gionta need a player of equal offensive talent to make their line complete imo. Equal or better.

Of course the ideal solution really:

Cammy-Plekanec-Kosty
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Laps-Eller-Darche
The rest

With maybe a call up for Pacioretty to make Pouliot-Eller-Darche and then Pacioretty can play with Gomez/Gionta. Obviously it's a long shot but by seasons end who knows.

Old
11-26-2010, 02:35 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

byuha71 for best thread title ever?

Old
11-26-2010, 02:43 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Seriously?

I think Cammalleri had one of his better games last night. Not only did he score, but at one point he took a solid hit behind the net to make a play (definitely a nice change), and he was fighting hard for the puck along the boards. Cammy almost got a second goal off a deflection standing in front of the goalie, and on one of the last powerplays, you could see he was hungry for another goal, going for his signature top shelf wrister.

A poor game? I'm not sure which game you were watching.
Some people just can't assess a hockey game to save their lives. Let them be pathetic.

Cammalleri had one post, one goal and many scoring chances all by himself, and any guy with a brain in his head could see this. Unfortunately, that's not a given for everyone. Especially for the guy who assessed Cammalleri's game in this case.

Old
11-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I haven't read through the thread but I can tell you you're off base linguistically speaking. Swedish has some relation to German and in turn to English but Finnish is not a Germanic language. It's very close to Estonian and somewhat related to Hungarian. What I say isn't authorattative but I studied German in the University and one of my daughters-in-law is Swedish. I flew on Finnair on one of my flights to St. Petersburg. I didn't understand a word of what I heard at the airport in Helsin.k

Old
11-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I haven't read through the thread but I can tell you you're off base linguistically speaking. Swedish has some relation to German and in turn to English but Finnish is not a Germanic language. It's very close to Estonian and somewhat related to Hungarian. What I say isn't authorattative but I studied German in the University and one of my daughters-in-law is Swedish. I flew on Finnair on one of my flights to St. Petersburg. I didn't understand a word of what I heard at the airport in Helsin.k
I can confirm this, Im from Sweden and our language with Denmark and Norwegian are very similar-ish. Finnish on the other hand, its a completely different language.

Closed Thread