HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

11/24/10 - Philadelphia @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CST - KSTC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2010, 11:37 PM
  #226
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Anyone have any tips on asking for a refund?

That is ridiculous. Maybe you should see if the Wild will pay you to stay away.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:12 AM
  #227
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat
 
llamapalooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 6,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Glad I missed this one, watched our flukey goal and that's about it. I don't think this one is worth re-watching.
I wouldn't say the goal was particularly flukey. O'Sullivan had been putting good pressure on all up until things slipped away, and I thought he earned that goal. He saw the opportunity for a deflection in front and shot it into the crease. That's just smart hockey.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:18 AM
  #228
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Your GDT thread looks exactly like the Kings these days. So how would you rate O'Sullivan last night?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:25 AM
  #229
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
sadly he easily fits in our top six. our entire top line looks horrible and disengaged lately so i guess anyone with wheels or displaying even an ounce of motivation would stand out, and POS did that. watching live impressions:

quick and fast, nice hands, not to accurate with the shot but he gets it off quickly. for small size he isn't afraid to skate through traffic. looks a bit lost anywhere but the offensive zone which is too bad since the wild spend most of the time elsewhere. too early to tell for sure but his second stint with the organization could work out--he'll certainly have a better chance of sticking here than he would almost anywhere else in the league right now so good for him, too.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
  #230
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
I wouldn't say the goal was particularly flukey. O'Sullivan had been putting good pressure on all up until things slipped away, and I thought he earned that goal. He saw the opportunity for a deflection in front and shot it into the crease. That's just smart hockey.
Okay, I guess I was just bitter at the 6-1 loss. We need to play better, it's getting ridiculous. I hope we get to see some new lines on Friday.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:19 AM
  #231
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,347
vCash: 500
My thoughts from going to the game.

Koivu - Looks disinterested and slow, and needs much better linemates. Had some spark once he was playing with Havlat.

Havlat - Had a few ok shifts and created some scoring chances (he would have got some assist if the Wild had any goal scorers), but the guy has zero interest to score on his own. Kind of wish we just paid the extra 2.5m for Gaborik

O'Sullivan - Lack of defense and gives up easily. But he actually tried to make moves on the defense, which I haven't seen a Wild forward do ever. He has a role on this team. Had some chemistry with Cullen, which no one else has.

Cullen - Island out there but creates his own chances. Extremely weak down-low, missing pucks cycled down or getting bumped off. He's still better than Belanger for 2x the price. I still see him as a great 3rd line center, place holding 2nd line center.

Clutterbuck - He brings it. O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck would be a great 3rd line (much less exciting 2nd line).

Nystrom - He has the tools to be a power forward, but he has zero hockey smarts. He just does the wrong thing too often. A slight upgrade over Veilleux at best. Still, he does his role on the bottom 2 lines.

Madden - I just don't like him on the Wild. He get too many minutes and he makes too many mistakes. He, not Barker, was the reason Philly made it 4-1. Barker was in a tough spot. Madden intentionally avoided covering for Barker like he should have. I just much rather be giving Madden's minutes to Brodziak, to try to further groom him for a 3rd center.

Brunette-Miettinen - These guys need to be not be on the 1st line. They just are too slow and don't generate enough offense. They are also a one-trick pony. Koivu enters zone (because Brunette and Miettinen can't), get it down low to Brunette, Miettinen waits for the pass from a bad angle. There is no feet movement. I honestly don't know what I would do with them. Probably trade them for middling young players.

Kassian-Brodziak-Staubitz - Best line all night. Kassian is a step too slow. I really like what Staubitz brings (besides the penalties). Brodziak can create scoring chances with nobody.

Defense - rough night. Definitely a game were the forwards hated the defense and the defense hated the forwards. Change up the forwards and our blueline will be much more effective, and the puck will actually get in the offensive zone, rather than coming right back at the defense.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:25 AM
  #232
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,347
vCash: 500
I would definitely separate Koivu from Brunette and Miettinen. Sorry Koivu. When Kobasew is healthy, I'd try out:

Kobasew-Koivu-Havlat
O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck
Nystrom-Brodziak-Miettinen
Brunette-Madden-Staubitz

That's a horrible looking group, but what are you going to do?

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
  #233
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
ha i had the opposite impression of madden, but then again i haven't hated him all year. he was our best center last night at both ends.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
  #234
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
you know your team has issues when...

John Madden makes the rest of the team look slow...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
  #235
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,857
vCash: 325
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
you know your team has issues when...

John Madden makes the rest of the team look slow...
+ when Cal Clutterbuck is our scoring leader.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
  #236
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
well at least burns is easily our best defenseman. something is at least working out the way it should.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:32 PM
  #237
grN1g
Registered User
 
grN1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
My thoughts from going to the game.

Koivu - Looks disinterested and slow, and needs much better linemates. Had some spark once he was playing with Havlat.

Havlat - Had a few ok shifts and created some scoring chances (he would have got some assist if the Wild had any goal scorers), but the guy has zero interest to score on his own. Kind of wish we just paid the extra 2.5m for Gaborik

O'Sullivan - Lack of defense and gives up easily. But he actually tried to make moves on the defense, which I haven't seen a Wild forward do ever. He has a role on this team. Had some chemistry with Cullen, which no one else has.

Cullen - Island out there but creates his own chances. Extremely weak down-low, missing pucks cycled down or getting bumped off. He's still better than Belanger for 2x the price. I still see him as a great 3rd line center, place holding 2nd line center.

Clutterbuck - He brings it. O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck would be a great 3rd line (much less exciting 2nd line).

Nystrom - He has the tools to be a power forward, but he has zero hockey smarts. He just does the wrong thing too often. A slight upgrade over Veilleux at best. Still, he does his role on the bottom 2 lines.

Madden - I just don't like him on the Wild. He get too many minutes and he makes too many mistakes. He, not Barker, was the reason Philly made it 4-1. Barker was in a tough spot. Madden intentionally avoided covering for Barker like he should have. I just much rather be giving Madden's minutes to Brodziak, to try to further groom him for a 3rd center.

Brunette-Miettinen - These guys need to be not be on the 1st line. They just are too slow and don't generate enough offense. They are also a one-trick pony. Koivu enters zone (because Brunette and Miettinen can't), get it down low to Brunette, Miettinen waits for the pass from a bad angle. There is no feet movement. I honestly don't know what I would do with them. Probably trade them for middling young players.

Kassian-Brodziak-Staubitz - Best line all night. Kassian is a step too slow. I really like what Staubitz brings (besides the penalties). Brodziak can create scoring chances with nobody.

Defense - rough night. Definitely a game were the forwards hated the defense and the defense hated the forwards. Change up the forwards and our blueline will be much more effective, and the puck will actually get in the offensive zone, rather than coming right back at the defense.
Gabby didn't want to be here, and he made that clear. There really is no point saying "wish we kept gabby" cause he was going free agency even if we offered him more money than anyone else.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:37 PM
  #238
grN1g
Registered User
 
grN1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Im so glad people are starting to call for koivu's line to be split up, They played well while it lasted, but you can just tell they cant get anything done out there anymore.

Mittens can stay on that line, i really don't mind that much. He plays a good two way game, and has speed to an extent, But Bruno just doesn't have the speed for than line anymore, and is really only a power play player on this team.

O'Sullivan-Koivu-Mittens
Nystrom-Madden-Havlat
Brunette-Cullen-Clutterbuck/Kobasew
Kobasew/Clutterbuck-Brodziak-Staubitz

are some lines i'd like to see.


Last edited by grN1g: 11-25-2010 at 01:43 PM.
grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 02:28 PM
  #239
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
ha i had the opposite impression of madden, but then again i haven't hated him all year. he was our best center last night at both ends.
It has nothing to do with "hating him all year". I've just watched Madden all last season with the Hawks and this year.

He just isn't good. He turns the puck over. He's actually out of position a lot. His hands are terrible. He's weak a long the boards and on the puck. And he's old and gets tired.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 02:42 PM
  #240
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,637
vCash: 934
Now tell us how you really feel.

BuddyMcCormick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
  #241
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
It has nothing to do with "hating him all year". I've just watched Madden all last season with the Hawks and this year.

He just isn't good. He turns the puck over. He's actually out of position a lot. His hands are terrible. He's weak a long the boards and on the puck. And he's old and gets tired.
and when he's one of your best forwards in a given night it points to larger problems. he was a lot more engaged and effective than koivu last night.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 04:16 PM
  #242
El Nino22
Registered User
 
El Nino22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
I disagree with Bruno being bumped down to the 3rd or 4th line. Miettnen yes. He can't hit the net but he has okay speed and can play D. These would be my lines. And i dont know who said it but why is Brodziak not getting any minutes. He played pretty decent last season filling in on the 2nd and now you have him in between our 2 goons on the 4th? I would like to see brodziak get some more time. He shows up every night and has more offense then madden.

Brunette-Koivu-Havlat
O'Sullivan-Cullen-Kobasew
Miettnen-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Nystrom-Madden-Staubitz

Burns-Barker (Barker plays best when paired with Burns)
Zidlicky-Zanon
Schultz-Stoner/Falk

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:00 PM
  #243
grN1g
Registered User
 
grN1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
havlat has to be on a line with fast hard workers, who hit alot, and make room for him. Brunette can't do that, and koivu can only do so much of that.

I don't disagree throwing him out there at different times, but i think what richards is doing with nystrom-madden-havlat is what works best for havlat to get production.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:20 PM
  #244
SphinX
Bryzniiestiime!
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 500
1-6 loss aint quite good enough, but when the one goal is scored by O'Sull i sort of got a good felling anyway!

He deserved it!

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
  #245
saywut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Sounds like I made an excellent decision missing the 3rd period!

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:15 PM
  #246
Casper
30 goal grinder
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
What about...

Havlat-Koivu-Clutterbuck
Bruno-Cullen-O' Sully
Mitts-Brodziak-Kobasew
Nystrom-Madden-Staubitz.

Burns - Barker
Zidlicky-Shultz
Falk/stoner-Zanon

not sure if the wings/D are all on the correct side.

Clutterbuck just needs to keep hitting and going to the front of the net. If he does he should create space for Havlat and Koivu.

On the second line Bruno gets a shooter. Cullen and O' Sully looked fairly compatiable. The third line has players who have scored in the past and who can play some solid D.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:08 PM
  #247
El Nino22
Registered User
 
El Nino22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
What about...

Havlat-Koivu-Clutterbuck
Bruno-Cullen-O' Sully
Mitts-Brodziak-Kobasew
Nystrom-Madden-Staubitz.

Burns - Barker
Zidlicky-Shultz
Falk/stoner-Zanon

not sure if the wings/D are all on the correct side.

Clutterbuck just needs to keep hitting and going to the front of the net. If he does he should create space for Havlat and Koivu.

On the second line Bruno gets a shooter. Cullen and O' Sully looked fairly compatiable. The third line has players who have scored in the past and who can play some solid D.
I actually like these lines a lot. The only problems i see are would Havlat play on the left side? I know he prefers the right and when they move him to Koivu's line they always move down Miettnen. The other thing would be i dont think they will break up Zidlicky-Zanon but Schultz-Zidlicky i think is better anyway. I really think this maximizes the talent on our team.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:32 PM
  #248
Casper
30 goal grinder
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
You're right..I think that swapping havlat and clutterbuck would be fine. I think clutterbuck can play the left side?

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
  #249
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Anyone have any tips on asking for a refund?



I dunno about refunds, but I sure as hell can tell you that those ticket stubs get you into King of Diamonds for free...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:47 PM
  #250
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
When/if Bouchard gets back healthy, I want to see...

O'Sullivan - Koivu - Bouchard
Brunette - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Miettinen/Kobasew - Madden - Havlat
Nystrom - Brodziak - Staubitz

If Kobasew can prove he can stick his butt in front of a goalie before Bouchard gets back, we keep him and trade Miettinen. If he can't do that, then he gets traded and we run with Mittens.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.