11/24/10 - Philadelphia @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CST - KSTC

Old
11-24-2010, 11:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Anyone have any tips on asking for a refund?

That is ridiculous. Maybe you should see if the Wild will pay you to stay away.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:12 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Glad I missed this one, watched our flukey goal and that's about it. I don't think this one is worth re-watching.
I wouldn't say the goal was particularly flukey. O'Sullivan had been putting good pressure on all up until things slipped away, and I thought he earned that goal. He saw the opportunity for a deflection in front and shot it into the crease. That's just smart hockey.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Your GDT thread looks exactly like the Kings these days. So how would you rate O'Sullivan last night?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:25 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
sadly he easily fits in our top six. our entire top line looks horrible and disengaged lately so i guess anyone with wheels or displaying even an ounce of motivation would stand out, and POS did that. watching live impressions:

quick and fast, nice hands, not to accurate with the shot but he gets it off quickly. for small size he isn't afraid to skate through traffic. looks a bit lost anywhere but the offensive zone which is too bad since the wild spend most of the time elsewhere. too early to tell for sure but his second stint with the organization could work out--he'll certainly have a better chance of sticking here than he would almost anywhere else in the league right now so good for him, too.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
I wouldn't say the goal was particularly flukey. O'Sullivan had been putting good pressure on all up until things slipped away, and I thought he earned that goal. He saw the opportunity for a deflection in front and shot it into the crease. That's just smart hockey.
Okay, I guess I was just bitter at the 6-1 loss. We need to play better, it's getting ridiculous. I hope we get to see some new lines on Friday.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:19 AM
nickschultzfan

My thoughts from going to the game.

Koivu - Looks disinterested and slow, and needs much better linemates. Had some spark once he was playing with Havlat.

Havlat - Had a few ok shifts and created some scoring chances (he would have got some assist if the Wild had any goal scorers), but the guy has zero interest to score on his own. Kind of wish we just paid the extra 2.5m for Gaborik

O'Sullivan - Lack of defense and gives up easily. But he actually tried to make moves on the defense, which I haven't seen a Wild forward do ever. He has a role on this team. Had some chemistry with Cullen, which no one else has.

Cullen - Island out there but creates his own chances. Extremely weak down-low, missing pucks cycled down or getting bumped off. He's still better than Belanger for 2x the price. I still see him as a great 3rd line center, place holding 2nd line center.

Clutterbuck - He brings it. O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck would be a great 3rd line (much less exciting 2nd line).

Nystrom - He has the tools to be a power forward, but he has zero hockey smarts. He just does the wrong thing too often. A slight upgrade over Veilleux at best. Still, he does his role on the bottom 2 lines.

Madden - I just don't like him on the Wild. He get too many minutes and he makes too many mistakes. He, not Barker, was the reason Philly made it 4-1. Barker was in a tough spot. Madden intentionally avoided covering for Barker like he should have. I just much rather be giving Madden's minutes to Brodziak, to try to further groom him for a 3rd center.

Brunette-Miettinen - These guys need to be not be on the 1st line. They just are too slow and don't generate enough offense. They are also a one-trick pony. Koivu enters zone (because Brunette and Miettinen can't), get it down low to Brunette, Miettinen waits for the pass from a bad angle. There is no feet movement. I honestly don't know what I would do with them. Probably trade them for middling young players.

Kassian-Brodziak-Staubitz - Best line all night. Kassian is a step too slow. I really like what Staubitz brings (besides the penalties). Brodziak can create scoring chances with nobody.

Defense - rough night. Definitely a game were the forwards hated the defense and the defense hated the forwards. Change up the forwards and our blueline will be much more effective, and the puck will actually get in the offensive zone, rather than coming right back at the defense.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:25 AM
nickschultzfan

I would definitely separate Koivu from Brunette and Miettinen. Sorry Koivu. When Kobasew is healthy, I'd try out:

Kobasew-Koivu-Havlat
O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck
Nystrom-Brodziak-Miettinen
Brunette-Madden-Staubitz

That's a horrible looking group, but what are you going to do?

Old
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

ha i had the opposite impression of madden, but then again i haven't hated him all year. he was our best center last night at both ends.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

you know your team has issues when...

John Madden makes the rest of the team look slow...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 325
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
you know your team has issues when...

John Madden makes the rest of the team look slow...
+ when Cal Clutterbuck is our scoring leader.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

well at least burns is easily our best defenseman. something is at least working out the way it should.

Old
11-25-2010, 01:32 PM
grN1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
My thoughts from going to the game.

Koivu - Looks disinterested and slow, and needs much better linemates. Had some spark once he was playing with Havlat.

Havlat - Had a few ok shifts and created some scoring chances (he would have got some assist if the Wild had any goal scorers), but the guy has zero interest to score on his own. Kind of wish we just paid the extra 2.5m for Gaborik

O'Sullivan - Lack of defense and gives up easily. But he actually tried to make moves on the defense, which I haven't seen a Wild forward do ever. He has a role on this team. Had some chemistry with Cullen, which no one else has.

Cullen - Island out there but creates his own chances. Extremely weak down-low, missing pucks cycled down or getting bumped off. He's still better than Belanger for 2x the price. I still see him as a great 3rd line center, place holding 2nd line center.

Clutterbuck - He brings it. O'Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck would be a great 3rd line (much less exciting 2nd line).

Nystrom - He has the tools to be a power forward, but he has zero hockey smarts. He just does the wrong thing too often. A slight upgrade over Veilleux at best. Still, he does his role on the bottom 2 lines.

Madden - I just don't like him on the Wild. He get too many minutes and he makes too many mistakes. He, not Barker, was the reason Philly made it 4-1. Barker was in a tough spot. Madden intentionally avoided covering for Barker like he should have. I just much rather be giving Madden's minutes to Brodziak, to try to further groom him for a 3rd center.

Brunette-Miettinen - These guys need to be not be on the 1st line. They just are too slow and don't generate enough offense. They are also a one-trick pony. Koivu enters zone (because Brunette and Miettinen can't), get it down low to Brunette, Miettinen waits for the pass from a bad angle. There is no feet movement. I honestly don't know what I would do with them. Probably trade them for middling young players.

Kassian-Brodziak-Staubitz - Best line all night. Kassian is a step too slow. I really like what Staubitz brings (besides the penalties). Brodziak can create scoring chances with nobody.

Defense - rough night. Definitely a game were the forwards hated the defense and the defense hated the forwards. Change up the forwards and our blueline will be much more effective, and the puck will actually get in the offensive zone, rather than coming right back at the defense.
Gabby didn't want to be here, and he made that clear. There really is no point saying "wish we kept gabby" cause he was going free agency even if we offered him more money than anyone else.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:37 PM
grN1g

Im so glad people are starting to call for koivu's line to be split up, They played well while it lasted, but you can just tell they cant get anything done out there anymore.

Mittens can stay on that line, i really don't mind that much. He plays a good two way game, and has speed to an extent, But Bruno just doesn't have the speed for than line anymore, and is really only a power play player on this team.

O'Sullivan-Koivu-Mittens
Nystrom-Madden-Havlat
Brunette-Cullen-Clutterbuck/Kobasew
Kobasew/Clutterbuck-Brodziak-Staubitz

are some lines i'd like to see.

Last edited by grN1g: 11-25-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old
11-25-2010, 02:28 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
ha i had the opposite impression of madden, but then again i haven't hated him all year. he was our best center last night at both ends.
It has nothing to do with "hating him all year". I've just watched Madden all last season with the Hawks and this year.

He just isn't good. He turns the puck over. He's actually out of position a lot. His hands are terrible. He's weak a long the boards and on the puck. And he's old and gets tired.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:42 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Now tell us how you really feel.

BuddyMcCormick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
It has nothing to do with "hating him all year". I've just watched Madden all last season with the Hawks and this year.

He just isn't good. He turns the puck over. He's actually out of position a lot. His hands are terrible. He's weak a long the boards and on the puck. And he's old and gets tired.
and when he's one of your best forwards in a given night it points to larger problems. he was a lot more engaged and effective than koivu last night.

Old
11-25-2010, 04:16 PM
El Nino22

I disagree with Bruno being bumped down to the 3rd or 4th line. Miettnen yes. He can't hit the net but he has okay speed and can play D. These would be my lines. And i dont know who said it but why is Brodziak not getting any minutes. He played pretty decent last season filling in on the 2nd and now you have him in between our 2 goons on the 4th? I would like to see brodziak get some more time. He shows up every night and has more offense then madden.

Brunette-Koivu-Havlat
O'Sullivan-Cullen-Kobasew
Miettnen-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Nystrom-Madden-Staubitz

Burns-Barker (Barker plays best when paired with Burns)
Zidlicky-Zanon
Schultz-Stoner/Falk

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:00 PM
grN1g

havlat has to be on a line with fast hard workers, who hit alot, and make room for him. Brunette can't do that, and koivu can only do so much of that.

I don't disagree throwing him out there at different times, but i think what richards is doing with nystrom-madden-havlat is what works best for havlat to get production.

Old
11-25-2010, 05:20 PM
SphinX
Bryzniiestiime!

1-6 loss aint quite good enough, but when the one goal is scored by O'Sull i sort of got a good felling anyway!

He deserved it!

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
saywut

Sounds like I made an excellent decision missing the 3rd period!

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

What about...

Havlat-Koivu-Clutterbuck
Bruno-Cullen-O' Sully
Mitts-Brodziak-Kobasew
Nystrom-Madden-Staubitz.

Burns - Barker
Zidlicky-Shultz
Falk/stoner-Zanon

not sure if the wings/D are all on the correct side.

Clutterbuck just needs to keep hitting and going to the front of the net. If he does he should create space for Havlat and Koivu.

On the second line Bruno gets a shooter. Cullen and O' Sully looked fairly compatiable. The third line has players who have scored in the past and who can play some solid D.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:08 PM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
What about...

Havlat-Koivu-Clutterbuck
Bruno-Cullen-O' Sully
Mitts-Brodziak-Kobasew
Nystrom-Madden-Staubitz.

Burns - Barker
Zidlicky-Shultz
Falk/stoner-Zanon

not sure if the wings/D are all on the correct side.

Clutterbuck just needs to keep hitting and going to the front of the net. If he does he should create space for Havlat and Koivu.

On the second line Bruno gets a shooter. Cullen and O' Sully looked fairly compatiable. The third line has players who have scored in the past and who can play some solid D.
I actually like these lines a lot. The only problems i see are would Havlat play on the left side? I know he prefers the right and when they move him to Koivu's line they always move down Miettnen. The other thing would be i dont think they will break up Zidlicky-Zanon but Schultz-Zidlicky i think is better anyway. I really think this maximizes the talent on our team.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

You're right..I think that swapping havlat and clutterbuck would be fine. I think clutterbuck can play the left side?

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Anyone have any tips on asking for a refund?

I dunno about refunds, but I sure as hell can tell you that those ticket stubs get you into King of Diamonds for free...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:47 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

When/if Bouchard gets back healthy, I want to see...

O'Sullivan - Koivu - Bouchard
Brunette - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Miettinen/Kobasew - Madden - Havlat
Nystrom - Brodziak - Staubitz

If Kobasew can prove he can stick his butt in front of a goalie before Bouchard gets back, we keep him and trade Miettinen. If he can't do that, then he gets traded and we run with Mittens.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote