HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexandre Picard - How about a little love for this guy!!!

Old
11-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

vCash: 500
Entirely satisfied with Picard. He's a perfect fit for a 3rd pairing.

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Capitano

Very pleasantly surprised by him...makes some clever plays, but plays a simple game that doesn't put himself in trouble...smart imo.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 03:45 PM
CanadienErrant*

Are they gonna signed MAB ?

If so, he's gonna take the place of whom ? Picard ?

Or play on the 4th line ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

He's been good. I hope Martin uses like he did on the PP. He keeps it simple and just tries to get the puck on the net. Yesterday it lead to many scoring chances.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I can't believe he's just a reservist. Picard is the only D we have that hits on a regular basis. Hard and clean too. He's also the best at being the fourth man helping our forwards during an offensive attack. He's so great at making decisions too, it seems like everything comes easy for him.

For the life of me, I wonder why he was traded a few times. Maybe the other GMs are idiots or he has improved a lot.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I've been surprised (a bit) by Picard... I think the one thing he has done so far is take some of that softness rep out of his game. He has thrown some hits and snarled occasionally in the scrums, and I think that has been a good addition to his game. Really, that's the critical addition for him, as a bottom-pairing D.

What I don't like about Picard: well, I don't really like him paired with Subban. Picard is going to get like 16 minutes a night, and that is appropriate, but it can drag Subban's minutes down to some extent too, which I *don't* think is appropriate. I would still prefer to see Hamrlik-Subban as the top pair with top minutes in all situations. Then Picard-Spacek limits both of them, but still provides an effective 2-way bottom pairing.
Martin has played Subban with Hammer a few times to give him more ice time. Maybe it's the ideal way giving PK two guys.

But I like seeing the two kids together. They have a good chemistry.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:31 PM
dralaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Martin has played Subban with Hammer a few times to give him more ice time. Maybe it's the ideal way giving PK two guys.

But I like seeing the two kids together. They have a good chemistry.
Yep... plus I love the surprisingly physical presence of the P-K / P-Card combination.

dralaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post

Someone photoshop Subban's face on that.

Not my best work, but thats what 5 minutes gives ya

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post

haha that's quite good! I couldn't do it in an hour!

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:12 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Decent dman but nothing more then a bottom pairing guy at his peak and with Markov in the lineup he is out. Not complaining of his play so far but he is not the future of this team I hope.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:20 PM
neofury*

Quote:

Funny part is Nike should use this photo and launch an add campaign it's so good. Not necessarily saying it's your photoshop skills I'm by no means a pro with photoshop nor am I an artist. But from a marketing perspective I think it could work big time.

We should make challenge accepted avatars LOL

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Decent dman but nothing more then a bottom pairing guy at his peak and with Markov in the lineup he is out. Not complaining of his play so far but he is not the future of this team I hope.
I can feel the love in this post.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:30 PM
le_sean

He's been playing well, but to me a 7th defenceman is just that, a 7th defenceman. He comes in to give the team a different look every now and then or if there is a short-term injury. I don't think he should be a starter for the rest of the year.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's been playing well, but to me a 7th defenceman is just that, a 7th defenceman. He comes in to give the team a different look every now and then or if there is a short-term injury. I don't think he should be a starter for the rest of the year.
I don't think we will ride Picard as our 6th Dman for the remainder of the season. Markov is out, my guess is they are waiting for an estimate of his time frame of absence before deciding anything. Or maybe they already know and trying to put things into work.

One thing's for sure, they can't keep Weber up with us for very long and not make him play defense, that would be catastrophic for him, especially considering he was lighting it up in AHL. I'm pissed they decided to call him up in the first place. We should have called up Henri, a player similar to Darche. Certainly have no problem keeping Henri scratched for a week or two, or three.

In any event, some movement will surely happen.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
haha that's quite good! I couldn't do it in an hour!
lol, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Funny part is Nike should use this photo and launch an add campaign it's so good. Not necessarily saying it's your photoshop skills I'm by no means a pro with photoshop nor am I an artist. But from a marketing perspective I think it could work big time.

We should make challenge accepted avatars LOL
haha, thats a good idea. I can make some if you guys want.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:52 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think we will ride Picard as our 6th Dman for the remainder of the season. Markov is out, my guess is they are waiting for an estimate of his time frame of absence before deciding anything. Or maybe they already know and trying to put things into work.

One thing's for sure, they can't keep Weber up with us for very long and not make him play defense, that would be catastrophic for him, especially considering he was lighting it up in AHL. I'm pissed they decided to call him up in the first place. We should have called up Henri, a player similar to Darche. Certainly have no problem keeping Henri scratched for a week or two, or three.

In any event, some movement will surely happen.
I agree, especially since this franchise seems committed to going deep in the playoffs. A defenceman and offensive winger are needed.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
SB164

Alex Picard's is currently sixth on the list of the best goal differentials

Mathieu Darche is first.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342828

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:57 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I've been surprised (a bit) by Picard... I think the one thing he has done so far is take some of that softness rep out of his game. He has thrown some hits and snarled occasionally in the scrums, and I think that has been a good addition to his game. Really, that's the critical addition for him, as a bottom-pairing D.

What I don't like about Picard: well, I don't really like him paired with Subban. Picard is going to get like 16 minutes a night, and that is appropriate, but it can drag Subban's minutes down to some extent too, which I *don't* think is appropriate. I would still prefer to see Hamrlik-Subban as the top pair with top minutes in all situations. Then Picard-Spacek limits both of them, but still provides an effective 2-way bottom pairing.
With the way Picard has played, I wouldn't even worry about bumping his minutes a little. I like the minutes he's getting, but I think he could handle another 2-3 minutes. He's playing that solid.

At the same time, I wouldn't mind the pairing of Picard and Spacek. Why? Because I think you'd see even more offensive flare from Picard, who I think is holding back to make sure he's covering more for Subban. I've seen Picard pinch a couple of times, and he gets the shot off on net, but at the same time Subban has been pinching and it's just a mess, lol.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:06 PM
sukimono

Picard has been pretty solid so far. He's a really effective 5th or 6th defenseman. We have to be happy with getting this guy

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Mike8

I like Picard in the #6 role. He's a little lost when trying to contain the opponents' cycle, though, and that's always an adventure.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:31 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
lol, thanks!

haha, thats a good idea. I can make some if you guys want.

I'm overdue for a new avatar, can you make Gifs?

If so, I want one that says Start 70 games and Go deep in the Playoffs?

Then a picture of Price with the Challenge Accepted underneath.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I like Picard in the #6 role. He's a little lost when trying to contain the opponents' cycle, though, and that's always an adventure.
I dont know if its just me, but it seems like he gets caught up ice quite a bit, whether it be a pinch in or stepping up to deliver a hit... more so than the other d-men. I dont remember it ever costing the habs though.

One thing I didnt know about picard is how strong he is. He's not bad at taking bodies. Overall, I'm satisfied with him as a depth d-man. I dont think he's anything more than that though.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 08:42 PM
LouisJCloutier

He's pretty solid IMO. Some small mistake here and then but nothing major. He's a fine skater and he's a surprising fit with Subban.

Good puck-moving defenseman for a bottom pairing no doubt about it. Give him the shot of Bergeron and our PP is deadly...

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
koivu

He has surprised many by his play, and is deserving of more minutes.
Solid 5th or 6th D.

He leads all Montreal D in +/- so hes doing something right.
Plays like this, there is no need to mortgage the future to try and find a replacement for Markov... because it won't come cheaply.

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:33 PM
RE-HABS

The guy has played well, and I think the confidence of his partner in Subban is rubbing off on him. He isn't afraid to pinch, and he plays a well in both ends. As a number 6-7 guy you have to be very happy with him. Day and night from MAB, sure MAB has the shot out there but he was a liability 5-on-5 and I found the guy had a hard time handling a pass and giving one. Picard any day of MAB.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote