HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

For those who thought we traded Georges Vézina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2010, 06:01 PM
  #1
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
For those who thought we traded Georges Vézina

Personally I never lost much sleep over it but for those who did, here's a reality check:

Cedrik Desjardins in the AHL


6-4-1 2.60 .898

Kari Rammo in the KHL

14-4-2 1,91 .926

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:05 PM
  #2
Prudentius
 
Prudentius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
1) using stats lol
2) Nobody argued their skill, but rather the will of Rammo to come play in the NHL 1 day.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:05 PM
  #3
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,085
vCash: 500
I've been super happy about the deal since day 1. Ramo has good sleeper potential, the Bolts ruined his development.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:06 PM
  #4
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Personally I never lost much sleep over it but for those who did, here's a reality check:

Cedrik Desjardins in the AHL


6-4-1 2.60 .898

Kari Rammo in the KHL

14-4-2 1,91 .926
Nice post...honestly, i always loved the deal for us...Ramo could become a goalie like nittymaki, so good deal for us.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
  #5
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
1) using stats lol
2) Nobody argued their skill, but rather the will of Rammo to come play in the NHL 1 day.
1) "lol"? Seriously? The KHL is a way better league than the AHL, and the statistical difference between both is enormous. but yeah..."lol".

2) No, people were freaking like we had dealt the next great goaltender who, by the way, had yet to play in a single NHL game and who lost his starting job to Curtis Sanford in the postseason last year.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:10 PM
  #6
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
1) using stats lol
2) Nobody argued their skill, but rather the will of Rammo to come play in the NHL 1 day.
Maybe you were out of town when Desjardins was traded...
The hoopla over it was utterly ridiculous and shameful. Another great way for the local media to act like a bunch of clueless, unprofessional and uninformed morons.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM
  #7
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
1) "lol"? Seriously? The KHL is a way better league than the AHL, and the statistical difference between both is enormous. but yeah..."lol".

2) No, people were freaking like we had dealt the next great goaltender who, by the way, had yet to play in a single NHL game and who lost his starting job to Curtis Sanford in the postseason last year.
Yeah for real... not really sure what that dude was thinking.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:16 PM
  #8
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
1) "lol"? Seriously? The KHL is a way better league than the AHL, and the statistical difference between both is enormous. but yeah..."lol".

2) No, people were freaking like we had dealt the next great goaltender who, by the way, had yet to play in a single NHL game and who lost his starting job to Curtis Sanford in the postseason last year.
Of course stats mean nothing at all but Desjardins' GAA is 34th in the league. Rammo's is 3rd. I could go on but it's all so meaningless.

Rammo is a year and a half younger and 2 inches taller. And we don't have to sign him this year--which is an advantage rather than a liability.

I'm damn happy about the trade.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:17 PM
  #9
Prudentius
 
Prudentius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
1) "lol"? Seriously? The KHL is a way better league than the AHL, and the statistical difference between both is enormous. but yeah..."lol".
Yeah because the KHL is a much more offensive oriented league than the AHL.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
  #10
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
I always laughed when I heard people saying we traded our goalie of the future when Desjardins is older than Carey Price.

But, with the way Price plays this year, I wouldn't care even if we gave Desjardins away for nothing.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:30 PM
  #11
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Honestly I loved that trade, and I felt Desjardins was overhyped mainly because he's a francophone. I could see Rammo being like a Halak-lite, costing little to get him and eventually turning it into a decent prospect via trade. Either that or a great backup capable of playing as much as we need him to.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:42 PM
  #12
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Whatever, maybe Ramo comes over next year, maybe he doesn't who knows. Auld is a good mentor at the moment and I would not cry if he came back next year.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:52 PM
  #13
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,778
vCash: 500
jc lajoie

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:59 PM
  #14
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Yeah because the KHL is a much more offensive oriented league than the AHL.
The AHL features players like Jaromir Jagr, Alexander Radulov and Alexei Morozov. Gotcha.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:05 PM
  #15
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Yeah because the KHL is a much more offensive oriented league than the AHL.
Hows that relevant when comparing a guy whose ranked 3rd versus 34th thought? Yeah it's an early season still but come on.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:17 PM
  #16
RNiner
Registered User
 
RNiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
With Carey as our #1 for the next 50224570487 years, who cares about any goalie prospect? They have minimal trade value because everyone has a few (see Halak, Jaro) and finding a backup goalie is probably the easiest thing to find in professional sports.

I wish Ramo and Cedric the best, but neither has any relevance at all.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:20 PM
  #17
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
With Carey as our #1 for the next 50224570487 years, who cares about any goalie prospect? They have minimal trade value because everyone has a few (see Halak, Jaro) and finding a backup goalie is probably the easiest thing to find in professional sports.

I wish Ramo and Cedric the best, but neither has any relevance at all.
I'd wait until Price has continuted, consistent success before declaring this.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
  #18
Le CH
Registered User
 
Le CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
I don't think Ramo will come to NA to become a backup goalie for Price - especially considering the amount of games the Habs are starting Price.

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  #19
RNiner
Registered User
 
RNiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I'd wait until Price has continuted, consistent success before declaring this.
You can wait if you'd like. To me its pretty clear he has arrived, and is here to stay. Maybe he doesn't stay this hot (probably wont) but its tough to imagine a scenario where he stops being our starter.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:41 PM
  #20
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
You can wait if you'd like. To me its pretty clear he has arrived, and is here to stay. Maybe he doesn't stay this hot (probably wont) but its tough to imagine a scenario where he stops being our starter.
Don't bother, haters gonna hate

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:43 PM
  #21
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Don't bother, haters gonna hate
I'm not hating. Price has been awesome so far, I'm just hoping he can keep his level of play up for one whole season consistently.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:10 PM
  #22
CHill Seeker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,593
vCash: 500
as much potential as he has, why will he come over if price keeps playing like he is? to play 20 games a year?

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
  #23
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 500
Kari Rammo??

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:49 AM
  #24
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
The AHL features players like Jaromir Jagr, Alexander Radulov and Alexei Morozov. Gotcha.
Also a league where Pierre Dagenais was one of the top goal scorers. Yes, I know Dagenais isn't there this year but he was a goal scorer there last year.

And wow, Ramo had a good stretch of games. That looks good, sure. But with so few games, he could easily fall easily.

Maybe he's just a better goalie overseas. Not including this years stats (as they haven't been updated on TSN);

Ramo;
NHL - .895, 3.35, 48 GP
AHL - .897, 3.38, 77 GP
KHL - .913, 2.11, 44 GP

Yup, he sure looks great in North America!

For comparison, Desjardins;
AHL - .917, 2.34, 92 GP
ECHL - .923, 2.33, 67 GP

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:23 AM
  #25
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Also a league where Pierre Dagenais was one of the top goal scorers. Yes, I know Dagenais isn't there this year but he was a goal scorer there last year.

And wow, Ramo had a good stretch of games. That looks good, sure. But with so few games, he could easily fall easily.

Maybe he's just a better goalie overseas. Not including this years stats (as they haven't been updated on TSN);

Ramo;
NHL - .895, 3.35, 48 GP
AHL - .897, 3.38, 77 GP
KHL - .913, 2.11, 44 GP

Yup, he sure looks great in North America!

For comparison, Desjardins;
AHL - .917, 2.34, 92 GP
ECHL - .923, 2.33, 67 GP
great post.

truth is unless he ever comes back to north america again (which he will not... as a backup... for 1/4 of his current $ ) ;

bag of poop > ramo.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 11-26-2010 at 05:31 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.