HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#23: Flyers @ Wild - Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010 - 8:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-26-2010, 10:37 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
He won't get it, he is RFA and I doubt someone gives him an offer sheet. I would assume he would have some loyalty since the Flyers gave him his first shot, aka he was signed out College and not drafted.
thats what i thought, someone earlier said he was a free agent. Thats what i was basing someone offering him more off of. Can he go to arbitration though? He will want to get paid like everyone else. Will he take a token raise of 50k or will he want more? that is the key question. No one woill offer sheet him i agree.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:49 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
thats what i thought, someone earlier said he was a free agent. Thats what i was basing someone offering him more off of. Can he go to arbitration though? He will want to get paid like everyone else. Will he take a token raise of 50k or will he want more? that is the key question. No one woill offer sheet him i agree.
I don't think he is arbitration eligible, they normally show some * beside the RFA. I could be wrong.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24

I think we need to compare him to how Betts is getting paid. And Betts was a UFA twice and we signed him cheap each time.

I know Powe may have a little more of an upside since he is younger and quicker, but they both have their pros and cons. I don't see Powe getting anything more then 900K

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I'd be surprised if Powe went anywhere. I assume he'll stay slightly under the $1M mark and a true replacement for him would be somewhere around the same money so ditching him for a clone would make no sense. Lavvy also loves him and seems to hate Carcillo, so factor that in as well. If Carcillo makes the trade deadline here I'll be surprised.
Where is there any evidence of that? Lavy always and consistently compliments Danny on his game and what he brings to the team. This year Carcillo was still recovering from his surgeries at the start, then got hurt.

Powe plays a different role/style and is also very valuable - but it's Nodl who is competing for Carcillo's spot - I would consider Powe a given and he'll get a long term contract and a raise next year.

It's great that Homer has not only assembled top line talent the envy of the entire league, but also has depth guys that can play well in the NHL - some of whom are in town (Nodl, Carcillo

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:58 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Where is there any evidence of that? Lavy always and consistently compliments Danny on his game and what he brings to the team. This year Carcillo was still recovering from his surgeries at the start, then got hurt.

Powe plays a different role/style and is also very valuable - but it's Nodl who is competing for Carcillo's spot - I would consider Powe a given and he'll get a long term contract and a raise next year.

It's great that Homer has not only assembled top line talent the envy of the entire league, but also has depth guys that can play well in the NHL - some of whom are in town (Nodl, Carcillo
define long term for powe? how much $ for powe?

Nodl and Carcillo are 2 very diff players as well. I dont see them competing for each others spot. If anything more like powe and carcillo as they are both quality 4th line players who can move up short term. I would rather have carcillo than powe.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote