HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

A shopping list(of sorts)

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2005, 05:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
A shopping list(of sorts)

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=144585

Now, this is by no means any kind of official list, but let's just pretend for a second. We all gripe about not trading for a center when we could just sign one...so...out of those listed above, ONLY THE ONES LISTED UFA, is there anyone that we might be interested in?

Post your ideas, folks.

EDIT: fixed link, Jonesey is a chucklehead.

Last edited by barrytrotzsneck: 05-29-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old
05-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Radulov for Czar*

If only I were a mod and could log in there.

Old
05-29-2005, 05:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

gahaha, oops. i forgot i was logged in through that.

but be grateful. the things you'd see in the control panel would...how you say...blow your mind.

Old
06-01-2005, 06:18 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
With the optimism surrounding the CBA negotiations at an all time high, having a wish list like this is good fun. What is the speculation regarding what would be the new UFA age? It looks like Sullivan will definitely be involved as he would have been a UFA under the old CBA. But I'd hate to lose Eaton, Orszagh, and Zidlicky too.

I don't know, but being modest and assuming that we lose Zids, Eaton, Hnidy, and Lilja. That's 4 of our top 7 potential. This would leave Hamhuis and Timonen as the only top 6 Dman with NHL experience. If this happens, we are going to need Dmen badly. Here's a rough list of a potentially eligible Dmen...

Ruslan Salei (ANA)
Andy Sutton (ATL)
Sergei Gonchar (BOS)
Jiri Slegr (BOS)
Hal Gill (BOS)
Rhett Warrener (CAL)
Adam Foote (COL)
Karlis Skrastins (COL)
Jaro Spacek (CLB)
Teppo Numminen (DAL)
Mathieu Scheider (DET)
Igor Ulanov (EDM)
Pavel Trnka (FLA)
Willie Mitchel (MIN)
Scott Neidermeyer (NJD)
Brian Rafalski (NJD)
Adrian Aucoin (NYI)
Roman Hamrlik (NYI)
Radek Martinek (NYI)
Kenny Jonsson (NYI)
Boris Mironov (NYR)
Tom Poti (NYR)
Curtis Leschyshyn (OTT)
Eric Desjardins (PHI)
Marcus Ragnarsson (PHI)
Kim Johnsson (PHI)
Vladimir Malakhov (PHI)
Dick Tarnstrom (PIT)
Alexander Khavanov (STL)
Bryce Salvador (STL)
Chris Pronger (STL)
Mike Rathje (SJS)
Nolan Pratt (TB)
Dan Boyle (TB)
Bryan Marchment (TOR)
Brian Leetch (TOR)
Marek Malik (VAN)
Mattias Ohlund (VAN)
Sami Salo (VAN)
Brent Sopel (VAN)
Brendan Witt (WAS)

Who would we want that we could get, within reasons.

Old
06-01-2005, 07:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
With the optimism surrounding the CBA negotiations at an all time high, having a wish list like this is good fun. What is the speculation regarding what would be the new UFA age? It looks like Sullivan will definitely be involved as he would have been a UFA under the old CBA. But I'd hate to lose Eaton, Orszagh, and Zidlicky too.

I don't know, but being modest and assuming that we lose Zids, Eaton, Hnidy, and Lilja. That's 4 of our top 7 potential. This would leave Hamhuis and Timonen as the only top 6 Dman with NHL experience. If this happens, we are going to need Dmen badly. Here's a rough list of a potentially eligible Dmen...

Ruslan Salei (ANA)
Andy Sutton (ATL)
Sergei Gonchar (BOS)
Jiri Slegr (BOS)
Hal Gill (BOS)
Rhett Warrener (CAL)
Adam Foote (COL)
Karlis Skrastins (COL)
Jaro Spacek (CLB)
Teppo Numminen (DAL)
Mathieu Scheider (DET)
Igor Ulanov (EDM)
Pavel Trnka (FLA)
Willie Mitchel (MIN)
Scott Neidermeyer (NJD)
Brian Rafalski (NJD)
Adrian Aucoin (NYI)
Roman Hamrlik (NYI)
Radek Martinek (NYI)
Kenny Jonsson (NYI)
Boris Mironov (NYR)
Tom Poti (NYR)
Curtis Leschyshyn (OTT)
Eric Desjardins (PHI)
Marcus Ragnarsson (PHI)
Kim Johnsson (PHI)
Vladimir Malakhov (PHI)
Dick Tarnstrom (PIT)
Alexander Khavanov (STL)
Bryce Salvador (STL)
Chris Pronger (STL)
Mike Rathje (SJS)
Nolan Pratt (TB)
Dan Boyle (TB)
Bryan Marchment (TOR)
Brian Leetch (TOR)
Marek Malik (VAN)
Mattias Ohlund (VAN)
Sami Salo (VAN)
Brent Sopel (VAN)
Brendan Witt (WAS)

Who would we want that we could get, within reasons.
If we lost Zidlicky...Rafalski would be a great replacement. I can't see guys like Warrener and Ohlund being let go...but obviously both would be great. I like Rathje and Witt, as well. Honestly, though, I can't see a new CBA being signed that would create so many UFAs. Everything I hear seems to point toward both sides preferring to cross the lost year off contracts, and pick up whereever the contract left off.

Old
06-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

There are a lot of good defensemen there. The trick is - who do we build around. If you nab a Pronger, you can afford to have weaker bottom pairings because he is going to play 30 minutes a night at an elite level........If you get a Witt, you are still going to need good depth.......Regardless, I think there will be plenty of players out there we can get to come to Nashville. Lower cost of living and not as much hustle/bustle, might attract a few........and besides, we were a budding playoff team before the lockout. Hopefully we will hang on to both Zidlicky and Eaton, though. Losing both of them, along with Hnidy and Lilja would be very hurtfull...

06-01-2005, 10:05 PM
dulzhok

This going off totaly memory, but I think that Zidlicky signed a 2 year, 3 million extension last year. So if memory serves me correctly, he should be signed next season for 1.5m. I know many parts of that list are wrong (i.e. Walker is signed through 2006-07).

Eaton... I would definitely hate to lose. If the UFA age is reduced to 28, with the stuff surronding him that went on this summer, there is a decent chance we would lose him. However, I highly doubt that UFA will be reduced to 28. I think the lowest it will go will be 29.

Old
06-01-2005, 10:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
This going off totaly memory, but I think that Zidlicky signed a 2 year, 3 million extension last year. So if memory serves me correctly, he should be signed next season for 1.5m. I know many parts of that list are wrong (i.e. Walker is signed through 2006-07).

Eaton... I would definitely hate to lose. If the UFA age is reduced to 28, with the stuff surronding him that went on this summer, there is a decent chance we would lose him. However, I highly doubt that UFA will be reduced to 28. I think the lowest it will go will be 29.

I think I remembered something to that effect with Zids. I thought it was really only Hall and Erat that we had trouble signing.

Old
06-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok

Hey you are right. I know it was a 2 year deal, but I'm not sure how much it was for.

Closed Thread