HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Technical Questions

Old
11-03-2010, 06:50 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
Send the phone back and go buy the Captivate at Future Shop/BB/elsewhere...

Their website is ****ed up. I ordered a phone maybe a month or two ago on Rogers.com and I received the phone like 3-4 weeks later. I just refused the package from the UPS guy and I bought the same damn phone elsewhere (FS). I got my money back.

Overall I may have spent 2 hours on customer service because they couldn't even find my order. Ridiculous...
Wait so you have a captivate?

The guy on the phone told me they have yet to receive 1 batch.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Franky Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Wait so you have a captivate?

The guy on the phone told me they have yet to receive 1 batch.
No I don't. I was talking about an other phone (Nokia C3). But you don't want to order anything else on Rogers.com, trust me.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:42 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Okay so...

I need some advice about what to do...

I pre-ordered the Samsung Captivate the 18th, They tell me its back order on the day I should have received it, so I'm like okay, I receive a package in the mail via UPS, and Rogers sends me a ****ing Samsung Wave. Completely different phone worth 30 bucks, where I paid 5 times that for a friggn Phone that they thought would be so clever to slip me another Samsung -HE HE MAYBE THEY WONT NOTICE- friggin idiots.

Okay so I call and they say I have to mail it back, pay the shipping, then when they get it back whenever (Apparently I have to guess when they receive it, because they don't believe I have it) I have to call, and RE-ORDER the phone, which is already out of stock supposedly. I lose my Priority because they were so clever "He he we'll send him a phone and he will no longer be in line for the Captivate", and I'd get it sometime in December. Either that or wait till the 22nd and go buy it in stores myself.

What do I do? I want to call and complain but that 1-888-rogers number is garbage the Customer Service agents are pathetic, and their managers are even worse.

Anyone have any advice? I'm livid right now and I refuse to be steam-rolled like this by their ********.
Tell them a friend of yours runs a tech blog that gets over 100k hits a month and that if they don't fix your problem your friend is going to give them so much bad rep that they'll lose business as a result. (Obviously when speaking to a manager)

Then just link them some really popular tech site that reviews products and services

BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING BELOW ALWAYS ASK FOR THE PERSONS NAME, THEIR ID # AND OF COURSE FOR THEM TO GIVE YOU A TICKET #

If you don't do any of this before speaking to the person they'll walk all over you because they'll know they can just hang up on your face with no reprecussions. Keep in mind they do sometimes give you a fake name and such but at least if they did then you can tell the next person you speak with that this is what happened, even upon talking to a manager you can try to get them to review the call if the person in fact did ******** you or treat you badly. (ticket # can be left till after you're done) One time videotron cut me off when I had called them to let them know I'd be a week late on a payment, they agreed to it and then cut me off anyways. They were able to review the call where their service rep agreed to let me have that extra week though and I wasn't charged a reconnect fee.

Just call and ask to speak to a supervisor/manager, if one couldn't help me I'd ask them to escalate me to their boss. Eventually they'll refuse and then say they're the highest person up which is almost notoriously a lie with these companies. Then ask the person "oh okay so you run the entire department? Oh okay so you must not have a boss then, you aren't owned by Rogers then.. blah blah blah give me YOUR ****ing boss right now".

Talk to the highest up person you can cause the others are just braindead minions who stick to the script. The script of how to do as little for your clients as possible. Eventually you'll get in touch with somebody who will actually be able to help you resolve the issue and won't want to waste their time arguing with you when they know their own company is in the wrong and they'll just send you the damn phone. I'm not kidding it sounds ridiculous but when using this method it's never really failed me in situations where I wasn't at fault. The thing I said above was sort of a joke, like a last ditch effort. This though, this is pretty much how you can get companies that are **** and offer piss poor customer service to honor their agreements.

The people you speak to, even the first person they escalate the call to, these people rarely if ever can help you. They have absolutely no power and all they do is play a game of run around with you and try to brush you off as best they can. Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post
I don't want to promote other forums but try posting this on Howardsforums.com. It's a cellphone forum and they might be able to help you. Theres a Rogers section on there.

Also, if you go on the rogers site you can find e-mail addresses to complain to someone a little higher up then the people on the phones and their managers. My brother did this and it worked out for him.

If you paid the phone with your credit card i'd call my credit card company and see if it's possible to reverse the charge because you never received the product. I doubt it but you can try.

Good luck!
"Hi I'd like to report fraud" because essentially that is what rogers did.

Now they want you to pay the shipping when they basically tried to fraud you?

Last edited by neofury*: 11-04-2010 at 08:50 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
i just asked my sister for you ( she works at fido). She says you have to be atleast within the last 6 months of your contract to get a discount on a phone upgrade (if i understand your question)
Thanks, i was just wondering cuz i heard it has to be at least 1.5 years into a 3 year plan. I have no clue really, but if we're talking about same thing, then i guess i wont upgrade. thanks. can't really check or call as i'm in class right now.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Galchenyuk94

Hey guys, if you make 1 standard text message but send it to 5 people in your contact list, do you get billed for 1 text or 5 texts?

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:02 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Hey guys, if you make 1 standard text message but send it to 5 people in your contact list, do you get billed for 1 text or 5 texts?

needmorecharactertopost

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post

needmorecharactertopost
FFFUUUU Ok thanks.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Le Tricolore
J-E-T-S!

@neofury

I work in Fido retentions. The way you're telling people to act won't get then anything. Be polite and calm and you'll get a lot more. I'd be a lot more willing to help someone if they weren't being a huge dick.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 06:16 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
@neofury

I work in Fido retentions. The way you're telling people to act won't get then anything. Be polite and calm and you'll get a lot more. I'd be a lot more willing to help someone if they weren't being a huge dick.
Not telling them to act like a dick just that when you have to deal with Bell's India reps they really don't do anything to help you. If you don't escalate the issue as soon as possible you're just wasting your own time during that period.

I've done this numerous times for myself and on behalf of other people with Bell particularly and it's worked every time and I know many IT people who have to do pretty much the same thing. The part about the blog was a joke honestly. But the rest is pretty much it. They stick to the script and waste your time if you aren't assertive enough.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Le Tricolore
J-E-T-S!

Maybe with Bell. I was never given any kind of script.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

OT - Rogers 3G signal in Montreal East?

I'm noticing Rogers 3G signal has been getting kind of weak in the Saint-Leonard Area.

- I get 2/5 bars average in my house, 1 bar in my basement.
- I get 5/5 bars of 2G service (turn off 3G to test).
- I get 4/5 bars with Telus/Bell 3G

Tested with HTC Desire Z and iPhone 3Gs.

Please, not talk about bell vs Rogers in this thread, just keep it scientific (especially if you have 2 sim cards test with!).

Feel free to discuss other areas of Montreal coverage.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:36 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I think the whole Rogers/Fido 3G network has been having issues lately. I don't use data on my phone (I have all the 3G bars) but I've heard some complains since last week at least.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

i'm in mtl nord, and i've been noticing that it kinda sucks more when i'm home than when i'm at school.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:35 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
im also more or less mtl north, on my rogers iphone, full bars, my step dads iphone with bell, 2 bars

no idea

when i was with bell, my phone in my room would never be full bars

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Le Tricolore
J-E-T-S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I think the whole Rogers/Fido 3G network has been having issues lately. I don't use data on my phone (I have all the 3G bars) but I've heard some complains since last week at least.
Yup. Seems to be messing up for me on Fido of late. Everything but data is perfect. Oh wellz.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Bieber fever

Hey guyz , I just bought an Iphone 4 and I fail to see how this is a multitask phone......I mean it's just put the application on pause in the background. If I'm on facebook or msn and I switch to the GPS for example , people won't be able to chat with me....

Is it the same thing with the galaxy S ? or you can run 2 application at the same time.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Le Tricolore
J-E-T-S!

... what do you think multitasking is?

Old
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
it should atleast be able to butter some toast while surfing the web. I mean come on.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Hey guyz , I just bought an Iphone 4 and I fail to see how this is a multitask phone......I mean it's just put the application on pause in the background. If I'm on facebook or msn and I switch to the GPS for example , people won't be able to chat with me....

Is it the same thing with the galaxy S ? or you can run 2 application at the same time.
No it's not the same thing on Android. Your apps are not sent to freeze state if its a polling/interrupt type app like IM.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Well multitasking should run many apps at the same time .But the Iphone 4 , rather than run multiple apps at the same time, the iOS4 freezes the ones that aren't in use.So you can't load one task while you perform another.....I have to stare a the ****ing screen loading for youtube video and it wont load if play a game a the same time.

+ I look like a hispter ******* with an Iphone 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
No it's not the same thing on Android. Your apps are not sent to freeze state if its a polling/interrupt type app like IM.
Nice, I wish I had the captivate right now ...................

Old
11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Well multitasking should run many apps at the same time .But the Iphone 4 , rather than run multiple apps at the same time, the iOS4 freezes the ones that aren't in use.So you can't load one task while you perform another.....I have to stare a the ****ing screen loading for youtube video and it wont load if play a game a the same time.

Nice, I wish I had the captivated right now ...................
nah, you wish you had the vibrant

Old
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:

+ I look like a hispter ******* with an Iphone 4.

Nice, I wish I had the captivated right now ...................
There are limitations (mostly power constraints) that prevent mobile phone from having the kind of "multitasking" (more precisely multiprogramming actually) you want.

You simply can't time multiplex a mobile phone the same way a PC does. At least not until there is some massive breakthrough in battery technology. I'd wager that once mobile phones are packing at least 3000/4000mAh batteries true "multitasking" is a pipe dream.

Platforms other than iOS offer closer interpretation to real multitasking than iOS.
You're specific example though might be one of the things no mobile OS does (load streaming video while doing something else) power constrains being the lead cause. Although I do think Android 2.2 can allow you to load a Flash based video in the browser while you play a native Android Game.

But the other example is doable (IM while GPS navigating) on Android and webOS as far as I know.

Again this all comes back to battery life. Many people will put Android down because of battery life say versus a BB. But its all a question of balance, BBs have much lower end hardware specs (even the brand new Torch has **** hardware) which gimps multimedia capabilities but in return get spectacular battery life.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Le Tricolore
J-E-T-S!

Nothing says "hipster ******" like owning a phone.

IM programs run in the background fine... so I'm happy.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:54 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Nothing says "hipster ******" like owning a phone.

IM programs run in the background fine... so I'm happy.
...wat?

Old
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
There are limitations (mostly power constraints) that prevent mobile phone from having the kind of "multitasking" (more precisely multiprogramming actually) you want.

You simply can't time multiplex a mobile phone the same way a PC does. At least not until there is some massive breakthrough in battery technology. I'd wager that once mobile phones are packing at least 3000/4000mAh batteries true "multitasking" is a pipe dream.

Platforms other than iOS offer closer interpretation to real multitasking than iOS.
You're specific example though might be one of the things no mobile OS does (load streaming video while doing something else) power constrains being the lead cause. Although I do think Android 2.2 can allow you to load a Flash based video in the browser while you play a native Android Game.

But the other example is doable (IM while GPS navigating) on Android and webOS as far as I know.

Again this all comes back to battery life. Many people will put Android down because of battery life say versus a BB. But its all a question of balance, BBs have much lower end hardware specs (even the brand new Torch has **** hardware) which gimps multimedia capabilities but in return get spectacular battery life.
Thanks.It's my first time with a smartphone and i'm little disappointed by the iphone and I hate to deal with itunes.Android ( captivate ) look way much better....