HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nov. 26, 2010 - Preds @ Wild - 1pm - Black Friday

Old
11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Predsfan80

vCash: 500
The whole point was for Toots to draw the penalty by not dropping the gloves and that is why we got the PP. Smart move.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Un ****ing believable. 1:15 of 5-3 and we cant score. We are terrible this year.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
No this is a lot worse than last year...
False. After 20 games last year we had 23 points. We have 22 right now after 20 games.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:14 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
No this is a lot worse than last year...
Really. 22 games in last year we were 12-8-1 with 25 points. This year in 20 games we are 9-7-1 with 22 points. Is a three point swing with a game in hand a lot???

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Liquidfire3240

Erat?!
Power Play Goal?!
What?!

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
JamboPred

Typical we score 2 PPG's on a night where it dosen't mean anything.

Still nice to see, shame about the rest of the game though!

JamboPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Let's see, 5-2 score, 2 power play goals.....

Is hell in MN because it sure has frozen over.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Jarnberg

The Predators string of extremely bad hockey continues. I don't care if we are only "out" by a few points, this is a bad hockey team. Our defensemen are unbelievably overrated and we don't even have a first line player on our team, save for maybe Hornqvist. Things won't change until we dump Trotz and/or Legwand, Erat, Dumont, etc. Even then, we don't have the players or system to improve imo.

Jarnberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

On to the game...

1. Erat is a turnover machine
2. Ward, Cube, Franson, Smithson all looked terrible
3. Goc and Wilson looked OK.
4. Everyone not named Spaling sucked.
5. We score two powerplay goals and I still feel like I can complain about the power play.
6. I have tickets for tomorrows game... I am scared to death...
7. This team right now is a black hole of suckage.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:49 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
False. After 20 games last year we had 23 points. We have 22 right now after 20 games.
Statically, we're the same, but upon closer look...

Last year, we started the year 3-7. This year, we started 5-0-3. Just goes to show how bad the last string of games has been.

Last year, after starting slow, you could see the team gaining chemistry. This year, we're losing it. We were gaining momentum at the 20 game mark last year.

7 of our points this year came from OTL and a Shootout wins. It's part of the game these days (and helps inflate point totals), but we'd be out 7 more points if it was 1999.

Beyond the stats, this team is just playing bad.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:51 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Last year, after starting slow, you could see the team gaining chemistry. This year, we're losing it. We were gaining momentum at the 20 game mark last year.
Which tells me, this team will make a shake up trade. Legwand maybe.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Time to shake your team up! The line of 16,27, and 26 (although had majic for 3 games this year), need revamping! It can't turn out much worse than what was witnessed today! There has to be some chemistry, and right now.....there is not one line I can say I saw chemistry on this team

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Which tells me, this team will make a shake up trade. Legwand maybe.
Legwand is currently injured, has an NTC, and more value to Nashville than anywhere else. I think there's other moves to be made and don't necessarily believe they need to be of the Earth shattering variety either.

I will be blogging tonight about it...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:20 PM
WartracePred

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, Poile doesn't make changes this early in the season. Maybe we need a shake-up, maybe we don't. But it is not in Poile's nature the make knee-jerk roster moves because we can't score in November.

We've started this season with a ton of injuries which kills chemistry and momentum. We have only one line that has remained healthy and together (26-16-27). Our replacement for Arny, arguably our most skilled offensive player on an offensively challenged team, has played ONE game. How can anyone be surprised we are still struggling offensively?

So, maybe we need a shakeup, I don't know. Give me an example of Poile making moves in the fall. Cause I can't recall any. None!

Old
11-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, Poile doesn't make changes this early in the season. Maybe we need a shake-up, maybe we don't. But it is not in Poile's nature the make knee-jerk roster moves because we can't score in November.

We've started this season with a ton of injuries which kills chemistry and momentum. We have only one line that has remained healthy and together (26-16-27). Our replacement for Arny, arguably our most skilled offensive player on an offensively challenged team, has played ONE game. How can anyone be surprised we are still struggling offensively?

So, maybe we need a shakeup, I don't know. Give me an example of Poile making moves in the fall. Cause I can't recall any. None!
Tarnasky for Belak was early in the year. It worked too...

Old
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Thanks for lightening the mood. Gave me a good chuckle. We all need it today.

Old
11-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
I know you are trying to be optimistic here but really? Really?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:43 PM
dulzhok

Quote:

It's not knee-jerk if the team needs to be improved. If Poile thinks everything is fine, then I guess we'll just stand pat. Or in his words, wait until everyone is healthy to asess things. We're used to it by now.

Even if he wanted to make a significant trade, we don't have the asset bank to trade from we once did.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:51 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Really. 22 games in last year we were 12-8-1 with 25 points. This year in 20 games we are 9-7-1 with 22 points. Is a three point swing with a game in hand a lot???
Point taken but despite winning a few games lately I can't say we have been playing good hockey since the first 8 games save the MTL game. That's a long streak of playing bad/mediocre hockey. Surely of course hope is not even close to being lost this year but I think we can all agree we are going to have to turn things around quickly and it's tough to see that happening the way we are playing right now.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I know you are trying to be optimistic here but really? Really?
It was the only early season move I could think of...

It worked. No doubt that it did work and made a difference that year.

As for the present... Belak has become a waste of a roster spot since he is always scratched. Not really his fault per say, but it's getting ridiculous for all parties involved.

Old
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:

It worked. No doubt that it did work and made a difference that year.

As for the present... Belak has become a waste of a roster spot since he is always scratched. Not really his fault per say, but it's getting ridiculous for all parties involved.
Thank you. 21 total shifts this year. And of course the DET game where he dressed, but didn't play.....

I'm on board with an enforcer (even in the "new" NHL), but for those who said his main contribution was his locker room presence (including Poile), what say you now? Alot of people defended his being on this team, but do we really need a jester/pseudo glueman/mediocre pugilist? I still can't fathom the logic behind this guy being on the team which leaves the Preds one more skill guy short of the rest of the league. I think it's symptomatic of Poile and crew's flawed analysis of this team "...I like this team's makeup..." who obviously can't see that this team needs everything BUT what Belak supposedly brings.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
That's my point. The only one move was a low risk, low cost enforcer acquisition. We gave up nothing of value in Tarnasky and picked up some protection on the cheap. We need more than a low cost enforcer to help our offense. Try giving up nothing and getting scoring help for league minimum. We're already trying this with Kostitsyn.

Old
11-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Thank you. 21 total shifts this year. And of course the DET game where he dressed, but didn't play.....

I'm on board with an enforcer (even in the "new" NHL), but for those who said his main contribution was his locker room presence (including Poile), what say you now? Alot of people defended his being on this team, but do we really need a jester/pseudo glueman/mediocre pugilist? I still can't fathom the logic behind this guy being on the team which leaves the Preds one more skill guy short of the rest of the league. I think it's symptomatic of Poile and crew's flawed analysis of this team "...I like this team's makeup..." who obviously can't see that this team needs everything BUT what Belak supposedly brings.
I don't think that Belak is robbing the Preds of a skilled player. I believe our top 18 players at the NHL level are playing right now (possibly can argue Sulzer over "X" defenseman). The Predators traditionally only carry 20 skaters anyways. You can only dress 18 per night.

I don't think that's why Belak is a waste of a roster spot.

The truth is Belak is a nuclear weapon. He's there in the event he's needed, but not pulled out often enough to stop things from happening, and even when he is pulled out...far too often there isn't a situation where he can make an impact, which in turn does make the Predators shorthanded.

It's a brutal cycle...

Old
11-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
That's my point. The only one move was a low risk, low cost enforcer acquisition. We gave up nothing of value in Tarnasky and picked up some protection on the cheap. We need more than a low cost enforcer to help our offense. Try giving up nothing and getting scoring help for league minimum. We're already trying this with Kostitsyn.
I'm blogging tonight about what I think needs to be done. My point simply was that Poile has affected change through a simple personnel move rather than a major move in the past.

The issue at that time was that we were being taken advantage of physically and Tarnasky was brought in to replace Hordichuk, but wasn't getting the job done. Belak came in and settled things down. Tootoo and several other players became more effective not having to deal with all the fighting and things improved.

I think there's a couple minor transactions that are sitting right in front of our face to address the current issue and should be utilized now to see if they'll make a positive impact whereas waiting simply wastes valuable time.

You cannot make the playoffs in the start of the year, but you can set yourself up to miss them. I think we're right in the thick of the race, but starting to slide towards the fringe. Something must be done right now to address the issues at hand, but it doesn't have to be any knee-jerk major transaction (coaching change, blockbuster trade, etc)...

Old
11-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
I don't think that Belak is robbing the Preds of a skilled player. I believe our top 18 players at the NHL level are playing right now (possibly can argue Sulzer over "X" defenseman). The Predators traditionally only carry 20 skaters anyways. You can only dress 18 per night.

I don't think that's why Belak is a waste of a roster spot.

The truth is Belak is a nuclear weapon. He's there in the event he's needed, but not pulled out often enough to stop things from happening, and even when he is pulled out...far too often there isn't a situation where he can make an impact, which in turn does make the Predators shorthanded.

It's a brutal cycle...
O.K., but let's agree on this: we've killed everybody and everything associated with this team from Trotz to Gnash to the PP......Belak's (lack of) presence on the team is the only think we haven't complained about and I'm tired of the same old arguments

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote