HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

98th Grey Cup: 11/28/2010 Montreal vs Saskatchewan 6PM EST RDS (HD), TSN (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2010, 05:33 PM
  #101
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Yes but that is part of my problem. They only show Als games, only talk about the Als, and only talk about them a lot in Grey cup week. There is very little if not no CFL coverage. 58 000 people at the big O last week. 250 000 fans at the Grey Cup parade last year. There is a fanbase, but they prefer report about the habs for 15 minutes, then ask Gaston Therrien his opinion on what was just reported.

"Moi je suis persuadé que..."
"Mais y ress une chose..."

God I hate that POS
I'd like it too if they talked about football more often. They should have a tv show about it too every week during the season, instead of some of the useless shows they have, too.

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 05:45 PM
  #102
HabsDood
Registered User
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Whatever, just kick the Rider's arses and don't start playing in the 4rth quarter this time..

I betcha the Als a Fn ready this time..

HabsDood is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 05:57 PM
  #103
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'd like it too if they talked about football more often. They should have a tv show about it too every week during the season, instead of some of the useless shows they have, too.
That would be awesome. Replace Quebec quilles or some other BS like Tribal or TNA wrestling.

Galchenyuk94 is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:07 PM
  #104
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Do you not see my avatar? Where does it suggest I'm a Rider fan?
Ssh you are shattering his insane little world.

All i have to say is that I am glad the game will be played at the stadium and not the hotel, and I am even happier that I have tickets (and will be staying in a four star hotel).

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:08 PM
  #105
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Again, where was this complaining during the regular season? They're crying wolf now, but every other visiting team has used that locker room for years and years without a problem...why cry about it all of a sudden?
Its the Grey Cup dammit. When we hosted the Grey Cup at the Olympic Stadium, we made alot of changes to the installation just for that event. You don't friggen host a huge game like that with crappy BS lockerrooms for the cup defenders... It's a 1 time/year event. They had 1+ year to solve the problem. As for the Hotel thing.. '' They were all booked'' SAME THING, friggen make it happen , plan in advance. Bunch of pathetic Als haters . This situation reminds me of the the 1 that happen this year where monkeys invaded the Commonwealth instalations in India for the games... I mean , WTF.. If you cant host ****, just dont host it. And know what, Im friggen happy Boulay and Proux came out in the media like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
I don't agree with the mistreating people from Québec part. I see this more as advantaging the Riders then punishing the Als. Cohon said that whoever was playing the Riders they would have gotten the same crappy deal, whether it turned out to be the Als, argos or tiger cats.
Yah, and Cohon knew like 95% chance that Als came out in the east. So by that he meant Als would have gotten the ****** deal anyways. What an *******

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
  #106
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Its the Grey Cup dammit. When we hosted the Grey Cup at the Olympic Stadium, we made alot of changes to the installation just for that event. You don't friggen host a huge game like that with crappy BS lockerrooms for the cup defenders... It's a 1 time/year event. They had 1+ year to solve the problem. As for the Hotel thing.. '' They were all booked'' SAME THING, friggen make it happen , plan in advance. Bunch of pathetic Als haters . This situation reminds me of the the 1 that happen this year where monkeys invaded the Commonwealth instalations in India for the games... I mean , WTF.. If you cant host ****, just dont host it. And know what, Im friggen happy Boulay and Proux came out in the media like this.
Why does everyone keep bringing that up and thinking it had any relevance? So if the Riders had won last year you would be fine with the the Als where they are? Or is it that you would just complain until the Als get the good digs?

It's in the West, the Riders are the home team, get over it.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
  #107
AHF
Registered User
 
AHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Its the Grey Cup dammit. When we hosted the Grey Cup at the Olympic Stadium, we made alot of changes to the installation just for that event. You don't friggen host a huge game like that with crappy BS lockerrooms for the cup defenders... It's a 1 time/year event. They had 1+ year to solve the problem. As for the Hotel thing.. '' They were all booked'' SAME THING, friggen make it happen , plan in advance. Bunch of pathetic Als haters . This situation reminds me of the the 1 that happen this year where monkeys invaded the Commonwealth instalations in India for the games... I mean , WTF.. If you cant host ****, just dont host it. And know what, Im friggen happy Boulay and Proux came out in the media like this.
The last thing I'll say regarding this topic is this :

The old Igloo in Pittsburgh was well known for it's shoddy visitor dressing room for years...when the Canadiens played in the playoffs there last year, did they make a big deal out of it? Yeah, that's what I thought...

Everybody said it sucked, but there's nothing you can do about it. Deal with it like a pro, and focus on the more important things at hand.

AHF is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
  #108
Spectaculard
On your knees, Lucy
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
All this locker room crap does is anger the beast that is the als even more. I'll be surprised if we don't crush the riders. Ok, maybe not...but I still expect a win.

Spectaculard is online now  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:49 PM
  #109
WeezyHabFan
Registered User
 
WeezyHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 500
No offence here but I can see why so many other fans hate us.... The complaining about having the visiting locker room is unbeleivable... my goodness did you not have it earlier this year against Edmonton? Its a completely legit reason why you guys have the visiting room? And the hotel room thing is a little ridiculous too how many hours you think they actually spend there? im sorry guys but come on everything is "disgusting" the Dressler catch, the rooms, the locker room.....

WeezyHabFan is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 06:57 PM
  #110
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Its amazing how all the western homers, tsn and the league focuses on the locker room and the rest. The problem here is the difference of care taken with both teams. It's not the first year that this happens. People to blame here are not the Riders (my 2nd favorite team behind the Als) but the CFL, and the city of Edmonton.

In the end of all this, Als are just gonna get meaner and stronger and Cohon and his staff are gonna loose their bet. Like Anwar Stewart said, yah, the hotel is ******, the lockeroom sucks, but know what, we're gonna win it on Sunday and bring it back home. Thats all that counts.

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 07:09 PM
  #111
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
The last thing I'll say regarding this topic is this :

The old Igloo in Pittsburgh was well known for it's shoddy visitor dressing room for years...when the Canadiens played in the playoffs there last year, did they make a big deal out of it? Yeah, that's what I thought...

Everybody said it sucked, but there's nothing you can do about it. Deal with it like a pro, and focus on the more important things at hand.
This is the damn Grey Cup. It's hilarious.

HH is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 07:15 PM
  #112
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
Indeed - the prairie Als haters keep focusing again and again on the locker room - predictable.

As I said before - it's not the lockers that are important ! (though, to be true, the city of Edmonton or the Eskimos could have done at least some minor improvements)

It's about the hotel! The Als were assigned (they had no saying in this) a hotel lacking needed facilities and this directly harms their preparation and might influence that performance.

There is absolutely no excuse possible for that. None. "The good hotels were booked" that Cohon brought is the lamest possible.

Imagine stuff like that happening at the Superbowl or at the World Cup. Heads would fall among the organizers. Heads should fall in the CHL right now.

Anyway - the fact that at least three players complained publicly means 100% that Tretsmann agreed with them.

Newhabfan is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 07:21 PM
  #113
AHF
Registered User
 
AHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
There's a gym two blocks away. Go there, send the bill to the CFL and shut-up.

AHF is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
  #114
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
No offence here but I can see why so many other fans hate us.... The complaining about having the visiting locker room is unbeleivable... my goodness did you not have it earlier this year against Edmonton? Its a completely legit reason why you guys have the visiting room? And the hotel room thing is a little ridiculous too how many hours you think they actually spend there? im sorry guys but come on everything is "disgusting" the Dressler catch, the rooms, the locker room.....
I know it's not Saskatchewan's fault, but you have to admit it's a cheap shot. It's not even one thing, it's a combination of things which makes it even more blatant. Apparantly it's been going on since 2005, they shut up for 5 years and got fed up with it so much that it came out. And it's not like the Grey Cup is one year in the East, one year in the West. It happens more often in the West. What happened to being a gentlemen and prone fair play, it's not cowboy enough ? It makes you guys look cheap, it's so short sighted to act like that, when you host an important event, it's always better to go the honorable way, something like that would never happen in Montréal, which makes our Habs and our Als look classy ! You have shorty want to be a thug on your avatar, so I can transpose it into rap music. Tupac's thug passion would never act like that punk Canadian West CFL cheap favorism, only Biggie's calculated mind would.


Last edited by FF de Mars: 11-26-2010 at 07:39 PM.
FF de Mars is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
  #115
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
http://www.ckac.com/football/nouvell...bie-46600.html

Proulx confirms that Tretsmann agreed with him.

He also gives details.

"the other team has better conference rooms, pools, ice pool and a conditioning room that we don't have. They also have restaurants available at walking distance, without having to exit the hotel"

Come on, they could not find a hotel with a restaurant in all Edmonton!!

Newhabfan is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 07:37 PM
  #116
Spectaculard
On your knees, Lucy
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Its clear that the CFL wants the Riders to win. No point in complaining anymore. All we have to do is win. I don't really buy that this will affect the Als ability to perform in the final. Has any allouette actually said that this could affect their play on sunday?

Spectaculard is online now  
Old
11-26-2010, 08:54 PM
  #117
AHF
Registered User
 
AHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Come on, they could not find a hotel with a restaurant in all Edmonton!!
Incorrect. This is where they are staying : http://www.chateaulacombe.com/dining.php

I think the quote refers to the Sutton Place hotel, that is apart of Edmonton's underground pedestrian system which connect a lot of the buildings in downtown Edmonton, including the city centre mall.

AHF is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
  #118
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
There's a gym two blocks away. Go there, send the bill to the CFL and shut-up.
Is this the CFL or some bush league?

HH is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 11:03 PM
  #119
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Incorrect. This is where they are staying : http://www.chateaulacombe.com/dining.php

I think the quote refers to the Sutton Place hotel, that is apart of Edmonton's underground pedestrian system which connect a lot of the buildings in downtown Edmonton, including the city centre mall.
lol, yeah the Crowne Plaza is a real dive, the horrors of having to stay there. I bet the sheets only have a 400 thread count.

Habber is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 11:31 PM
  #120
SidGenoMario
Registered User
 
SidGenoMario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
It appears every sports league rigs it for the team I cheer for. First the Pens, now the Riders.


I'll take it.

SidGenoMario is offline  
Old
11-27-2010, 12:02 AM
  #121
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
As you can probably figure out from the username, I am a Roughrider fan (season ticket holder).

A few observations:

The CFL and the Alouettes have only themselves to blame for the "accommodations" fiasco. The league should do their homework, and seek out quality accommodations for both teams. The league dropped the ball here. From my understanding, because the game is hosted in the WEST, the Western rep gets first choice of hotel(s), and traditionally assumes the home team's locker room for practices/gameday. However, team player personnel directors have input, and insight into the facilities arrangements during the regular season, let alone the playoffs - including the Grey Cup. Is the Als staff that out to lunch that they didn't have recommendations or suggestions for the CFL brass to consider in terms of such arrangements???

All this griping seems a bit misdirected. Instead of how "favored" the Riders are being portrayed, it should be more about the CFL/Alouettes lack of communication, or poor handling or the issue. Trestman himself approved of the accommodations arrangements - its some of the players that have become vocal. (Proulx and Boulay, two Quebecers ironically enough..........LOL - and one who isn't even playing)

Before I get accused of being anti-French, I will point out that I am French Canadian, and my father's side of the family is originally from Quebec - so don't go there.....

The Als are my #2 team (a distant #2 I might add behind the Riders....), and I am happy they are back in the Grey Cup for the rematch. I consider myself a realist, and feel the Riders will need to play a near perfect game to beat the Als. IMO, the Als are as good as last year, while the Riders are not as deep as last year. If the Riders win it will be a squeaker, if the Als win it will be a blowout.

I really feel all the huff about the supposed "favoritism" is a way to motivate the Als. Lets face it - both teams and their coaches have a healthy, mutual respect for one another. Some "false hate" had to be generated somehow.

So be it.

I hope its a squeaker. GO GREEN.

prairie hab is offline  
Old
11-27-2010, 12:16 AM
  #122
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
As you can probably figure out from the username, I am a Roughrider fan (season ticket holder).

A few observations:

The CFL and the Alouettes have only themselves to blame for the "accommodations" fiasco. The league should do their homework, and seek out quality accommodations for both teams. The league dropped the ball here. From my understanding, because the game is hosted in the WEST, the Western rep gets first choice of hotel(s), and traditionally assumes the home team's locker room for practices/gameday. However, team player personnel directors have input, and insight into the facilities arrangements during the regular season, let alone the playoffs - including the Grey Cup. Is the Als staff that out to lunch that they didn't have recommendations or suggestions for the CFL brass to consider in terms of such arrangements???

All this griping seems a bit misdirected. Instead of how "favored" the Riders are being portrayed, it should be more about the CFL/Alouettes lack of communication, or poor handling or the issue. Trestman himself approved of the accommodations arrangements - its some of the players that have become vocal. (Proulx and Boulay, two Quebecers ironically enough..........LOL - and one who isn't even playing)

Before I get accused of being anti-French, I will point out that I am French Canadian, and my father's side of the family is originally from Quebec - so don't go there.....

The Als are my #2 team (a distant #2 I might add behind the Riders....), and I am happy they are back in the Grey Cup for the rematch. I consider myself a realist, and feel the Riders will need to play a near perfect game to beat the Als. IMO, the Als are as good as last year, while the Riders are not as deep as last year. If the Riders win it will be a squeaker, if the Als win it will be a blowout.

I really feel all the huff about the supposed "favoritism" is a way to motivate the Als. Lets face it - both teams and their coaches have a healthy, mutual respect for one another. Some "false hate" had to be generated somehow.

So be it.

I hope its a squeaker. GO GREEN.
How do you know the Als haven't asked anything or haven't made any plans before hand ? They're saying it's been going on for at least 5 years. It wouldn't be logical that they haven't. It looks like they were tired of getting screwed over, that keeping it on the low didn't work out. I didn't think you said anything anti-French btw.

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
11-27-2010, 12:22 AM
  #123
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
As you can probably figure out from the username, I am a Roughrider fan (season ticket holder).

A few observations:

The CFL and the Alouettes have only themselves to blame for the "accommodations" fiasco. The league should do their homework, and seek out quality accommodations for both teams. The league dropped the ball here. From my understanding, because the game is hosted in the WEST, the Western rep gets first choice of hotel(s), and traditionally assumes the home team's locker room for practices/gameday. However, team player personnel directors have input, and insight into the facilities arrangements during the regular season, let alone the playoffs - including the Grey Cup. Is the Als staff that out to lunch that they didn't have recommendations or suggestions for the CFL brass to consider in terms of such arrangements???

All this griping seems a bit misdirected. Instead of how "favored" the Riders are being portrayed, it should be more about the CFL/Alouettes lack of communication, or poor handling or the issue. Trestman himself approved of the accommodations arrangements - its some of the players that have become vocal. (Proulx and Boulay, two Quebecers ironically enough..........LOL - and one who isn't even playing)

Before I get accused of being anti-French, I will point out that I am French Canadian, and my father's side of the family is originally from Quebec - so don't go there.....

The Als are my #2 team (a distant #2 I might add behind the Riders....), and I am happy they are back in the Grey Cup for the rematch. I consider myself a realist, and feel the Riders will need to play a near perfect game to beat the Als. IMO, the Als are as good as last year, while the Riders are not as deep as last year. If the Riders win it will be a squeaker, if the Als win it will be a blowout.

I really feel all the huff about the supposed "favoritism" is a way to motivate the Als. Lets face it - both teams and their coaches have a healthy, mutual respect for one another. Some "false hate" had to be generated somehow.

So be it.

I hope its a squeaker. GO GREEN.
I totally feel you man. But the fact is that the league keeps screwing up with teams like Montreal, Hamilton... its well known from the players, coaches, staff. The thing that changed now is that its the first time that they (more than 1 guy) speak up in the media, but I remember an issue happened with the practice time on field for grey cup 06 in winnipeg. Als got screwed that year and didnt get all the time they needed cuz theres been some ''misunderstanding'' . That year they didnt made a big thing of it tho. Just like you, my 2nd favorite team in the CFL always been the Riders. Love all their hard working guys. So I put no blame here on that Team, they have absolutly nothing to do in there. Fact is, the CFL failed again here... the ''all hotels were booked'' reason was so lame. Logistic behind an event like this MUST be way more cautious than this with the timeline they are giving (know what I'm talking about, worked for years at the Jazz Festival, Francofolies, JPR). And Edmonton isnt NYC, it's not like theres 10000 things happening there each weekend. Like some1 said earlier, CFL has all the reasons in the world , specially on the $$$ side to have the riders winning on Sunday.

Anyways, Als and Riders were the best IMO this year; loved the game last year (13th man ftw ) Im sure we'll have a great show Sunday. Best of luck to both teams BUT go als go !



edit: To answer the bold part of your text. I'll agree that it brings more excitement than there would have been without the complaints. Als looks pumped and hungry

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
11-27-2010, 12:37 AM
  #124
AHF
Registered User
 
AHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
lol, yeah the Crowne Plaza is a real dive, the horrors of having to stay there. I bet the sheets only have a 400 thread count.
I know eh? The place really does look horrible. I'd hate to have to stay in this disaster they call a hotel. God bless the poor souls that end up in that hellhole.

AHF is offline  
Old
11-27-2010, 12:47 AM
  #125
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,722
vCash: 500
I work in the Hotel Industry in Montreal, and frankly, both hotels look like crap. Does Edmonton not have any decent hotels?

FrankMTL is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.