HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Outplayed In Atlanta Lose 3-0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2010, 09:31 PM
  #51
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Were the Habs pissed or something tonight because Auld played or what? They didn't give the guy any support at all..

Honestly I'm surprised the Habs have the record they do with a PP that sucks as bad as theirs do.. PG will soon have to address that concerning issue with his team...
2 games in 2 nights.

Best team you face is on friday, and the coach starts the back up on that night.

Team shows up and first period is a wash all the way until that "flukey" goal by Atlanta.

Team thinks : "Mmm 2 games in 2 nights, coach went with back up against the best team, big young tough players in front of us, season is long we still have 50ish games to play, let's conserve our energies for tomorrow".

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:33 PM
  #52
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
When it gets tough, the Habs are getting destroyed. Yeah, we have no need for more toughness, right?

See atlanta, Speed, Size and Grit.

Habs = Speed.

Not enough.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:35 PM
  #53
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Markov is one player. This team with Markov has big holes.
The team is not perfect but Markov does help make a nice improvement.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:36 PM
  #54
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
When it gets tough, the Habs are getting destroyed. Yeah, we have no need for more toughness, right?

See atlanta, Speed, Size and Grit.

Habs = Speed.

Not enough.
Was enough to beat Pittsburgh and Washington in a best of 7 series though... not enough EFFORT is the issue tonight, size and grit has very little to do with it.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:36 PM
  #55
Telfo
THRASHERS
 
Telfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,874
vCash: 500
we will try to help you guys out and beat Boston on sunday

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:36 PM
  #56
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
We have just been mAulded. The Trashers were bAulder and we fAulded. We were tAuld, it never gets Auld, we rocked against LA, then we get played like a fAuldk song by Atlanta... Holy Auld. At least our home games are always sAuld out.


Last edited by FF de Mars: 11-26-2010 at 09:58 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:37 PM
  #57
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
2 games in 2 nights.

Best team you face is on friday, and the coach starts the back up on that night.

Team shows up and first period is a wash all the way until that "flukey" goal by Atlanta.

Team thinks : "Mmm 2 games in 2 nights, coach went with back up against the best team, big young tough players in front of us, season is long we still have 50ish games to play, let's conserve our energies for tomorrow".
Atlanta is only 4 points better than that of the Sabres, it isn't like Auld was playing the Red Wings and tomorrow Price is playing the Oilers.

The team plain and simple didn't show up, and regardless who is in net when the team is like that in front of your goalie your going to have a hard time getting a point.

Price needed the rest, the team didn't give up on Auld, they just didn't play for each other.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
  #58
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Was enough to beat Pittsburgh and Washington in a best of 7 series though... not enough EFFORT is the issue tonight, size and grit has very little to do with it.
Habs were pushed around in both 7-games series. We won because of goaltending.

Why can the Habs couldn't have the right mix that EVERY****ING team has? Skill and Toughness.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
  #59
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
we will try to help you guys out and beat Boston on sunday
Please do so!

Good game from you guys, which we would have showed up tonight so we seen how the teams actually match up. Terrible game from us, but credit where it's due you guys didn't let us get anything to get us back into the game either.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
  #60
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Habs were pushed around in both 7-games series. We won because of goaltending.

Why can the Habs couldn't have the right mix that EVERY****ING team has? Skill and Toughness.
And with Price in nets we can continue to win off goaltending. We also beat some quality teams this year, it's an effort level issue... Plain and simple.

Could we use a little size? Sure... But it's not the main problem, not to mention good luck getting any via trade our cap is pretty well maxed out until we get Markov on the IR.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:43 PM
  #61
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
Atlanta seems to have gotten significantly better as a result of trades with Chicago and New Jersey. The Chicago trade got them Aliu also. Seems like they got a lot tougher, both now and down the road, as a result of that particular trade with the Hawks. There's something to be said about a team that can play it either skillful or chippy.

The Gauthier-Martin model looks like it needs tweaking, unless one views those 4 shutouts as uncorrelated, which I don't.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:44 PM
  #62
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
I have no issues with Auld starting tonight even though tomorrow is the easier game. JM wanted his team to have the better goaltender on the 2nd game of the back 2 back.


As for the theories of the team not trying as hard with Auld in nets; I think the opposite is true. The team is as motivated to win for the back-up, or even more, than for the starter. Each game Auld plays is extremely significant for him and his career -- players respect that.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:44 PM
  #63
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostitsyn View Post
All of them so far this year.

NJD (3) - MTL (0)
MTL (0) - CBJ (3)
NSH (3) - MTL (0)
MTL (0) - ATL (3)
shutout as many times as we've shutout teams...sad really

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
  #64
Rutabaga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Country: France
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Markov is one player. This team with Markov has big holes.
I dont think the team with him has big holes.

Right now :

-Lack of a productive second line (mainly due to Gomez)
-Very average PP (our QB is out, and Gomez is also an important part of the unit, even if on the 2nd wave.)
-The absence of Markov is putting a lot of pressure on the rest of our defensive core, which is quite old...


With an healthy Markov, the point #2 should be gone progressively, and the #3 disappear.
I dont think its just a matter of luck when our best games were arguably the ones with Markov in the lineup, at Boston, and in front of Vancouver and Carolina.

Since the Carolina game :

W 3-0 Philly
L 0-3 Nashville
W 2-0 Toronto
L 2-3 Philly
W 4-1 LA
L 0-3 Atlanta

We just cant play two solid games in a row.
I dont care that much about the results in the regular season, if you play well, you will end up winning. But we are playing good for one game, and the next one...nothing.

Spacek and Gill are too old. From the 18 and 16 minutes they should play, they are at 20.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:53 PM
  #65
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
shutout as many times as we've shutout teams...sad really
Why? Is that the sign of a bad team?

Both Philly and Washington have been shutout more times than they've shutout teams this season. Tampa Bay too.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
  #66
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,827
vCash: 500
Man sad to see that the Habs lost . But the Thrashers !?! WHAT !?! Beat Detroit and Washington ? I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip into 7th or 8th spot in the East and go far in the playoff's.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
  #67
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
And with Price in nets we can continue to win off goaltending. We also beat some quality teams this year, it's an effort level issue... Plain and simple.

Could we use a little size? Sure... But it's not the main problem, not to mention good luck getting any via trade our cap is pretty well maxed out until we get Markov on the IR.
Why in Montreal, it's always the freaking mentally of "We'll go as far as our goalie takes us"?

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:14 PM
  #68
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
Crappy effort all around. Auld was probably our best player. Not a lot of positive to say about the rest...I find it comical taht the team plays a stinker and it gets turned into "we have no toughness". I'm sure having a goon or two sitting on the bench would make our d-men move the puck faster or our forwards win more races...

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
  #69
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 500
This is a broken record, I know, but... we absolutely need a good Top Six scoring winger with size and strength and the willingness to use it.

I'm going to avoid the term "Power Forward", because he doesn't need to be a guy constantly throwing body checks; just a guy that consistently goes to the net and is hard for the opposition to stop because of his size and strength. Somebody like Franzen in Detroit, for example.

I think that we've amassed enough prospect depth that we can afford to give up one or two to acquire this type of player that we desperately need.

If Penner's not in Edmonton's long-term plans, I think we should make a pitch for him. Prospects like Kristo, Desharnais, Carle, and Weber could be used. If absolutely necessary, maybe Patches or Tinordi (although I'd hate to lose either of them).

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  #70
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,450
vCash: 500
Groundhog Day. Every so often the Habs get into a game where they never get anywhere, and the score is always 3-0 against them. As a consolation. every divisional rival but Buffalo also lost. The Flyers, Devils, and Canes did, too.


Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 11-26-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
  #71
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
I will first declare that I am ecstatic with the Habs start to the seson this year. I do believe this performance is just s bump in the road, HOWEVER.......

I feel Gauthier will seek a top 4 defenseman with a bit of offensive upside and grit. Gorges and Gill need to be split as a pairing, if not to limit the minutes of Spacek and Hamrlik. More depth is needed for the D group, and all the roster defensemen would benefit from a slight shortening of their minutes.

I love the guy, but it is apparent that Travis Moen is not the player he was in his Anaheim or San Jose tenures. He has lost his abrasiveness. Aften being outmuscled, outhustled and basically intimidated tonight (the entire team), I think Martin/Gauthier will really take a hard look at the roles of the bottom 6 forwards, and re-evaluate. Their offensive production has been a pleasant surprise this season, however, when the team needs to respond in games with energy and grit, they do not answer the bell. Lets face it, the likes of Pyatt, Darche, and Moen are a dime a dozen. The Habs abruptly saw no spark with Dustin Boyd, and responded appropriately to his lacklustre play.

To add "life" to the lineup, I hope to see White and Palushaj called up sometime soon, if anything, to send a message that there wil be no passengers on this team at any point during the season.

The $5 million dollar + players need to step it up.

Thankfully Price is in top form.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
  #72
RNiner
Registered User
 
RNiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Its a long season, and losing a few games to teams like Atlanta, New Jersey, Columbus and Nashville really isn't going to change much.

The effort level of guys like Gionta, Gomez, Cammy, Spacek, etc. tonight was laughable. Obviously that wouldn't be the case in an important game, or down the stretch in April. We all wish they would give 100% every game, but it just isn't going to happen. It works both ways too, a few games we won this year were handed to us on a platter by teams who didn't seem to give a ***** who won.

So in conclusion, lol nhl regular season.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
  #73
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
This is a broken record, I know, but... we absolutely need a good Top Six scoring winger with size and strength and the willingness to use it.

I'm going to avoid the term "Power Forward", because he doesn't need to be a guy constantly throwing body checks; just a guy that consistently goes to the net and is hard for the opposition to stop because of his size and strength. Somebody like Franzen in Detroit, for example.

I think that we've amassed enough prospect depth that we can afford to give up one or two to acquire this type of player that we desperately need.

If Penner's not in Edmonton's long-term plans, I think we should make a pitch for him. Prospects like Kristo, Desharnais, Carle, and Weber could be used. If absolutely necessary, maybe Patches or Tinordi (although I'd hate to lose either of them).
Can Arnott play the wing?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
  #74
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
This is a broken record, I know, but... we absolutely need a good Top Six scoring winger with size and strength and the willingness to use it.

I'm going to avoid the term "Power Forward", because he doesn't need to be a guy constantly throwing body checks; just a guy that consistently goes to the net and is hard for the opposition to stop because of his size and strength. Somebody like Franzen in Detroit, for example.

I think that we've amassed enough prospect depth that we can afford to give up one or two to acquire this type of player that we desperately need.

If Penner's not in Edmonton's long-term plans, I think we should make a pitch for him. Prospects like Kristo, Desharnais, Carle, and Weber could be used. If absolutely necessary, maybe Patches or Tinordi (although I'd hate to lose either of them).
I'm convinced that Iginla would put us over the top. We already have a good team. I don't care if Pacioretty who's gaining value playing well in the AHL and potentially being the real deal is traded along with picks and other prospects, even Tinordi, as long as we get a shot at being a contender. If Markov comes back for the playoffs, imagine this :

Cammy-Pleks-AK
Iginla-Gomez-Gionta
Lappy-Eller-Pouliot
Darche(Pyatt)-Halpern-Moen

Markov-Spacek
PK-Hammer
Gorges-Gill

Jesus Price

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:50 PM
  #75
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I'm convinced that Iginla would put us over the top. We already have a good team. I don't care if Pacioretty who's gaining value playing well in the AHL and potentially being the real deal is traded along with picks and other prospects, even Tinordi, as long as we get a shot at being a contender. If Markov comes back for the playoffs, imagine this :

Cammy-Pleks-AK
Iginla-Gomez-Gionta
Lappy-Eller-Pouliot
Darche(Pyatt)-Halpern-Moen

Markov-Spacek
PK-Hammer
Gorges-Gill

Jesus Price
There's absolutely no money for this lineup

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.