HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Ron Wilson... ASAP PART II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2010, 10:02 PM
  #76
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It's chicken **** because there isn't nearly enough talent.
buffalo has no talent, but the coach makes them look good. change the coach see what happens, good things i think. phily changed there coach went to the finals. they had a good team but coach was tuned out, new voice and system, look what happened, 8th placed team. NEW COACH

cup67 is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
  #77
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
say what you will about the way he handles his players, but he runs a fantastic PP and PK...
WHO?

cup67 is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
  #78
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,988
vCash: 50
Don't you guys think wilson's style/gameplan would fit perfectly in Washington?

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:04 PM
  #79
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Can someone tell me where the Leafs PP and PK rank as of right now? I think they are close to being dead last in each category again. If so, how can this coach continue this historically bad feat. Its been done only twice in the history of the sport and Wilson has coach each team that did it, can it actually be done a third time? WTF?

This is what eats me up inside.

Forget Wilson's last name and pretend for a minute he is nameless, would have this coach lasted anywhere near this long in Toronto with the horrific results and special team stats in over 2+ years?

thebluemachine* is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:06 PM
  #80
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
Don't you guys think wilson's style/gameplan would fit perfectly in Washington?
he would bench ovi. to much, team than can not score. and blames, the washington media

cup67 is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
  #81
Rusty545
Registered User
 
Rusty545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
When a team is rebuilt, the entire team often needs to be rebuilt. I dont think Burke realizes this includes coaching...

Rusty545 is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
  #82
Azumi*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
This is what eats me up inside.

Forget Wilson's last name and pretend for a minute he is nameless, would have this coach lasted anywhere near this long in Toronto with the horrific results and special team stats in over 2+ years?
No.

Azumi* is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
  #83
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Schennanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Etobicoke, on
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Anyone else think that if Wilson is gone it will be Nonis that tells Ronnie? Just with Burke's relationship and all, or would Ronnie look at this as gutless on Burke?

I almost want us to lose tomorrow 10-0 just to finally see it happen. ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Schennanigans is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:15 PM
  #84
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
Anyone else think that if Wilson is gone it will be Nonis that tells Ronnie? Just with Burke's relationship and all, or would Ronnie look at this as gutless on Burke?

I almost want us to lose tomorrow 10-0 just to finally see it happen. ENOUGH is ENOUGH.
I hope this happens

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:16 PM
  #85
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Can someone tell me where the Leafs PP and PK rank as of right now? I think they are close to being dead last in each category again. If so, how can this coach continue this historically bad feat. Its been done only twice in the history of the sport and Wilson has coach each team that did it, can it actually be done a third time? WTF?
as of like the 2nd period our PK was at like 76% and that had us in 28th spot.

After tonight, I think it dropped a bit more :/.

Not sure about the PP

KapG is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:19 PM
  #86
RoryDelap
That's some bad hat.
 
RoryDelap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoke-on-Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
To be honest I'm not quite sure what coach could actually turn this group of players into a playoff contender.

We need a hockey version of Tony Pulis.

RoryDelap is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:23 PM
  #87
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BylerTozak View Post
According to a reliable source--- if the leafs lose tomorrow night like they did tonight.... bye bye ronny. You heard it hear first. I know nobody will believe me but i expect high praise when I am proven correct.

Please expand.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:23 PM
  #88
Charlie Sheen Swag
Registered User
 
Charlie Sheen Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: India
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
as of like the 2nd period our PK was at like 76% and that had us in 28th spot.

After tonight, I think it dropped a bit more :/.

Not sure about the PP

Um were 29th in PP, 30th last year and 30th two years ago.

On the plus side the Monster is 2-2-0 in his last 4 starts posting a 94% save percentage and a 1.71 GAA.

Charlie Sheen Swag is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:24 PM
  #89
jaateloauto
Nothing is overrated
 
jaateloauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BylerTozak View Post
According to a reliable source--- if the leafs lose tomorrow night like they did tonight.... bye bye ronny. You heard it hear first. I know nobody will believe me but i expect high praise when I am proven correct.
Eklund?

jaateloauto is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
  #90
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkaythatsPhaneuf View Post
Um were 29th in PP, 30th last year and 30th two years ago.

On the plus side the Monster is 2-2-0 in his last 4 starts posting a 94% save percentage and a 1.71 GAA.
lol, our special teams are just brutal. Wow thats so bad.


I like your + side. The monster has been great to watch so far this year. Watching good goaltending to me is like watching good pitching in baseball. Just so beautiful!

KapG is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:35 PM
  #91
javier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
So am I reading this right? The Leafs are 29th in PP and 28th in PK and they gave up two PP goals today so that could be going lower? That is Haley's comet type ineptness, you should see it only once in a lifetime.

javier is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM
  #92
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
So am I reading this right? The Leafs are 29th in PP and 28th in PK and they gave up two PP goals today so that could be going lower? That is Haley's comet type ineptness, you should see it only once in a lifetime.
unfortunately javier, im not making numbers up to make Wilson look bad

KapG is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:42 PM
  #93
MapleLeafsBlue
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Leafs Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Dallas Eakins

Before I start I'm not advocating the firing of our current coach. Whenever Ron moves-on/gets-fired, and our search for a Head Coach begins.

Who else feels he would be the logical choice after Wilson? Some NHL teams have hired their AHL coaches with mixed results. I'm impressed with how he handles young players down in the Marlies. He seems like he would get tons of respect in the Maple Leafs dressing room, as he seem to be a 'Player's Coach'.

I realize however the level is much different in the two leagues. But I wouldn't be upset if Burke hires this guy.

MapleLeafsBlue is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:42 PM
  #94
iopioppoi
Registered User
 
iopioppoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
I have some ocean front property in Kansas. Let me know if you're interested.

iopioppoi is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
  #95
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafsBlue View Post
Before I start I'm not advocating the firing of our current coach. Whenever Ron moves-on/gets-fired, and our search for a Head Coach begins.

Who else feels he would be the logical choice after Wilson? Some NHL teams have hired their AHL coaches with mixed results. I'm impressed with how he handles young players down in the Marlies. He seems like he would get tons of respect in the Maple Leafs dressing room, as he seem to be a 'Player's Coach'.

I realize however the level is much different in the two leagues. But I wouldn't be upset if Burke hires this guy.
They retained him despite firing Paul Maurice and Randy Ladoucoure so they obviously saw something in him. He seems to have a solid knowledge of the game. I'm all for promoting from within, but Scott Gordon is my first choice.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:48 PM
  #96
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
It's been said before and I'll say it again, Wilson cannot make a low-talent team better, he can only coach teams where the talent level is already high (San Jose, Team USA).

His constant "run and gun" style does not fit this team. We need a defensive coach like Ruff
It's not a "run n gun" style like you guys like to think. Where the hell did you guys even come up with that crap? Do you think that there is only 2 styles to play?

The Blue Devil is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
  #97
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
So am I reading this right? The Leafs are 29th in PP and 28th in PK and they gave up two PP goals today so that could be going lower? That is Haley's comet type ineptness, you should see it only once in a lifetime.
The PP you're thinking of was last year, before tonight our PP was 15th.

The Blue Devil is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
  #98
Ackbar
 
Ackbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
Anyone else think that if Wilson is gone it will be Nonis that tells Ronnie? Just with Burke's relationship and all, or would Ronnie look at this as gutless on Burke?

I almost want us to lose tomorrow 10-0 just to finally see it happen. ENOUGH is ENOUGH.


I've HAD IT with these MOTHER ****ING GOALS on this MOTHER ****ING PENALTY KILL

Ackbar is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
  #99
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
It's not a "run n gun" style like you guys like to think. Where the hell did you guys even come up with that crap? Do you think that there is only 2 styles to play?
so what is this disastrous style called that Wilson so loves to use?

KapG is offline  
Old
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
  #100
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
buffalo has no talent, but the coach makes them look good. change the coach see what happens, good things i think. phily changed there coach went to the finals. they had a good team but coach was tuned out, new voice and system, look what happened, 8th placed team. NEW COACH
Buffalo has far more talent. Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Myers, Miller...these guys aren't no-namers.

Did you just look at the standings and assume Buffalo has no talent?

Jordan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.