HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why the Penguins Should Trade Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
Malkin Doesn't play with StLouis on his line like Stamkos.
I'm not an idiot, I realize Stamkos has a much better supporting cast. Regardless of the huge production difference, Malkin isn't playing as well. He looks lazy, and out of position a lot of the time.

Old
11-25-2010, 08:15 PM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
I'm not an idiot, I realize Stamkos has a much better supporting cast. Regardless of the huge production difference, Malkin isn't playing as well. He looks lazy, and out of position a lot of the time.
Could it be that he IS out of position (by Bylsma's design) a lot of time?

Old
11-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
Could it be that he IS out of position a lot of time?

Well played, sir.

Old
11-25-2010, 08:20 PM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post

Well played, sir.
In all seriousness, I actually think that his injured knee is more in question than people like to admit. Why is he wearing a knee-brace all this time? Why would he be missing all those morning skates and off day sessions under "maintenance day" excuse? There has to be more than they are telling us and I think he might be forcing himself to play, which is not a smart move.

Old
11-25-2010, 08:34 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Can we change this to the knee jerk reaction vs excuse making thread. Geno is playing like crap and it is his fault...no one elses. That doesn't mean we should trade him....yet.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
In all seriousness, I actually think that his injured knee is more in question than people like to admit. Why is he wearing a knee-brace all this time? Why would he be missing all those morning skates and off day sessions under "maintenance day" excuse? There has to be more than they are telling us and I think he might be forcing himself to play, which is not a smart move.
He did the same thing all of last season, as well. He hurt his shoulder on a hit on Redden behind the net against the Rangers in the first game of the year, and played through the injury for the entire season, eventually having to take some time off because it probably got too much to play with.

I hate when players do that. I know hockey is a macho sport (didn't want helmets, don't want visors, don't report concussions, play through injuries, etc) but playing like **** because you want to play while injured is retarded.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:25 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Can we change this to the knee jerk reaction vs excuse making thread. Geno is playing like crap and it is his fault...no one elses. That doesn't mean we should trade him....yet.
Too many excuses now and I'm tired of it. Chicago tells Byfuglien "You're a power forward now" and he scores a bunch of goals in the playoffs for two years.

He goes to a new team, hockey purgatory in Atlanta compared to Chicago. They decide to put him back on defense to boot. Does he mope? No, and hey looky there, he's kicking ass on defense too.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:44 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregerFan View Post
And, theoretically, if Malkin does produce as much (I think it would be more) than Crosby... Who's the leader of the locker room? That's precisely my argument.

The leader of the locker room is determined by play on the ice, and Malkin has emphasized that it's "Crosby's locker room". I think Malkin is a better player than Crosby, and it irritates me that he's holding himself back.

The whole idea of leading by example is the problem, because I think Malkin is much more of a prolific talent than Crosby. And now his production is degrading because of the leadership being determined by production.
The guy who is the best on the ice is not always the leader in the locker room. That notion is blatantly false, and very misguided. While Hal Gill was here, he was known as a guy who was a big time leader in the locker room. Brooks Orpik is the vocal guy in the locker room now. Bill Guerin was a big locker room guy here. Sure Sid and Geno put their two cents in, I'm sure, but I don't think either of them will ever be guys who pipe up in the locker room very often.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Too many excuses now and I'm tired of it. Chicago tells Byfuglien "You're a power forward now" and he scores a bunch of goals in the playoffs for two years.

He goes to a new team, hockey purgatory in Atlanta compared to Chicago. They decide to put him back on defense to boot. Does he mope? No, and hey looky there, he's kicking ass on defense too.
Uh, Big Buff was drafted as a defenseman and played most of his minor hockey on defense. Apples to oranges here.

Old
11-26-2010, 03:40 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

In all my years I have never seen a player fall as far as Malkin has fallen in the last 2 years.

Old
11-26-2010, 03:49 PM
SidGenoMario

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
In all my years I have never seen a player fall as far as Malkin has fallen in the last 2 years.
He's 6'4", when he falls, that sure is quite a long drop.

Old
11-26-2010, 03:50 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Sigh.

Old
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Uh, Big Buff was drafted as a defenseman and played most of his minor hockey on defense. Apples to oranges here.
Which is why i started with "Chicago tells Byfuglien "You're a power forward now"

Going from D to forward is a lot tougher than going from Center to Wing. Being converted back and not missing a beat after having a ton of success at forward is more like apples to apples to me.

Old
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
LiffLaff
Crazy? Me?

Quote:
Never heard of Jonathan Cheechoo then?

Old
11-26-2010, 04:11 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
So that makes you... 1?

Old
11-26-2010, 04:22 PM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Are you that Devils fan who was blaming Devils woes to the "lack of Canadian players"???

Old
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseLW View Post
Stamkos? no chance in the world. Stamkos is a better player than Malkin. If you didn't figure that out, I doubt you knew hockey before 2005.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Bishop7979

I wonder if it would help if Malkin had another Euro player on the team.... specifically a veteran mentor type, or a guy his age who could be his linemate.

He's a 24 year old kid, and yes 24 years old is still a kid regardless of whether he is a star athlete or not. I would like to see any of you guys at 24 move to say russia, having no experience with the language and work in an enviroment made up of say 14 russians, 10 czechs a canadian and yourself.

That is basically Malkins life, he plays on a very north american team, in a very north american city and his teammates are all Canandian or U.S born with the exception of Mich who just got here in the summer. But unlike any of us in a similar situation he has an entire fanbase watching his every move.

Malkin isnt ovechkin . . . he's not that outgoing he doesnt crave the spotlight, but Ovechkin has had guys from eastern Europe on his team from day one. Zubrus, Semin, Federov, Kozlov, Jucina and Zednik were all on the Caps during AO's early seaons, Feds was a great mentor and Semin is one of his closest friends in the league and is his linemate this season.

Malkin had Gonchar who was injured much of the last two seasons and who is now gone, he got to play with Sykora and Fedotenko who could both speak russian but he doesnt have that now

I feel like Ive read how his ability to communicate has gotten better over the last couple seasons, but still theres the cultural differences even though the core group is around his age, and this is still a language barrier I'm sure

Old
11-26-2010, 09:25 PM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Quote:
You are sig worthy.

Old
11-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Which is why i started with "Chicago tells Byfuglien "You're a power forward now"

Going from D to forward is a lot tougher than going from Center to Wing. Being converted back and not missing a beat after having a ton of success at forward is more like apples to apples to me.
So, what you're saying is Geno should be Superman no matter what kryptonite we choose to place next to him?

Old
11-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Wendelstache

Kessel for Malkin?

Old
11-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
Kessel for Malkin?
...not sure if serious.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Phil68

I just realized something.... How many other player's in the nhl period plays with the kind of player Malkin plays with and still puts up the numbers and game that he does... Kunitz is a consistant 20 plus goal scorer year in year out average 45 - 50 points a season. Dupuis has a couple of 20 goals season in his career. Malkin the last two season has been playing with player who can't never even have reached 15 goals or barely 30 points a year Maximum.... NO other player in the league who is a star is that doing period.... And if that's not enough they keep playing him as a right wing!!

Old
11-27-2010, 07:47 PM
laufer72
Ashburton Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
Kessel for Malkin?

Old
11-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Gold Diamond
World Champ

Quote:

Closed Thread