HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Outplayed In Atlanta Lose 3-0

Old
11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

vCash: 500
we never win in Atlanta anyways... Not like its the first time. Theres just games like this. Tomorrow we'll win 5-1 and forget about this game lol.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Can Arnott play the wing?
I'm pretty sure he played wing earlier in his career.

Arnott would be a good option to look at if NJ is out of it come the deadline, yeah. He should make for a fairly inexpensive rental given his age and pending UFA status. Something like Carle/Weber and a 2nd should do it, I think.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 10:56 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
There's absolutely no money for this lineup
With the cap money we save from Markov being on IR all year, if we wait a little longer ? + what we already have, almost a million, in cap space. I'm sure there's a way to make it work. And next year, to keep Iginla, if or when we sign Markov, just trade or waive Gomez, I'm sure someone would take him, there's 32 teams, afterall.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 11-26-2010 at 11:02 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:11 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Habs were either drunk or hung over.

They always play like crap against Atlanta.

They'll play better tomorrow.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Sebaldian

Dave Stubbs:
Quote:
Subban disappointed with Bogosian in fight: "If you want to go, then go. Don't (play) ring-around-the-rosey"

Reply by Darren Dreger:

Quote:
This is a Subban quote? Wow, he didn't appear to eager to engage.
Matthew Barnaby chimes in:
Quote:
Pk subban cuddled the whole fight . Tried to catch Bogosian by surprise, and then held on for dear life!!!

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:16 PM
P I K E Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
With the cap money we save from Markov being on IR all year, if we wait a little longer ? + what we already have, almost a million, in cap space. I'm sure there's a way to make it work. And next year, to keep Iginla, if or when we sign Markov, just trade or waive Gomez, I'm sure someone would take him, there's 32 teams, afterall.
since when?

P I K E Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:20 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by P I K E Y View Post
since when?
you know what I mean

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:21 PM
P I K E Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
you know what I mean
i forgot those two, i gotcha

P I K E Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
lol. is the first one what subban said? because he was bested, and he hates it. everytime subban went to pull away to fight he would move back in cause he didn't want to take one in the chops.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:30 PM
TankEller*

Can Martin ****ing get back to Cammalleri, Plekanec and Andrei once and for all? We struggle to score goals, and these three are our top-3 scorers, and have showed chemestry in the past... Can't be much worst than having no line capable of scoring goals.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:34 PM
TankEller*

We need a top-4 d-man as soon as possible. All those minutes really start to wear off Gill and Gorges, and we need a body capable of eating a lot of minutes out there.

Bieksa looks like a perfect solution to me right now.

Old
11-26-2010, 11:37 PM
THE HOFF

2 games in 2 nights ... disapointing result.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Habs

It sure appears we have problems against physical teams. I wonder if they will ever address this problem in Montreal, its making me angry.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Sebaldian

Marc Antoine Godin replies to Dreger:
Quote:
Subban said he knew they'd have a PP and being down by 3 didn't want do anything stupid. When Bogosian insisted he dropped 'em. If anything Subban thought it was a bit lame from Bogosian to insist on fightning & then not really engage after fight started
Links:
1st
2nd

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:59 PM
vomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I think the goodbye was the song of their franchise being moved. Truely pathetic display of fans at the game today.
Cut us some slack - most people in this state don't know what hockey is. Throw in crappy ownership, and you have a recipe for a half-empty arena. Hopefully we'll be able to turn it around and build a fanbase.

Enjoy having you Habs come to the games down here, generally classy fans.

vomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:10 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomer View Post
Cut us some slack - most people in this state don't know what hockey is. Throw in crappy ownership, and you have a recipe for a half-empty arena. Hopefully we'll be able to turn it around and build a fanbase.

Enjoy having you Habs come to the games down here, generally classy fans.
Habs fans are going to be awesome with fans who don't cheer for a long-timed rival (such as Bruins, Flyers or Leafs). In the latter cases though, most often than not, there are a lot of battles to watch when you get out of the Bell Centre.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Kriss E

Is it just me or it seems like every time we lose it's 3-0??

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:32 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Is it just me or it seems like every time we lose it's 3-0??
all 4 shutouts were 3-0

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

The good news is, we still allowed 3 goals or less in all but one game so far.

I was pretty sure we'd lose tonight, and I'm pretty sure we'll win tomorrow night.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 02:35 AM
habtastic

Not a single good pass (moreso received), not a single well taken shot, move, decision, etc. Everyone was falling a la Pouliot, worst cohesion I've seen so far.

Atlanta played like....us usually. Great effort, sticks on the ice, easy to pick off stupid passes/plays, converted on easy chances (unlike us most of the season).

I stopped watching after a bit into the third period. Awful effort. Pyatt was the only one who seemed to play ok. Oddly enough, even Halpern struggled. It's as if someone turned down the tuner settings on the NHL11 version of this team.

Not a big deal, we'll rebound. I just did not appreciate them pulling this **** on a friday night against a conference team who is likely going to make the playoffs. Cammy. seriously. Score. you made it look pretty easy last season. Do that. Gionta's random shot generator again not effective. Way to make Auld look even worse by not scoring a goal (the second goal was pretty weak, deflection or not...should not be scored).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I thought the habs played okay in the first period but that last last minute goal was a killer. The habs are a completely different team when they concede the first goal.

Anyways, full credit to the thrashers. They took the game over in the 2nd period, and out-skated, out-chanced, and out-competed montreal soundly.

If the thrashers can make a habit of playing with this sort of intensity and structure, they wont miss the playoffs, thats for sure.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:10 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I thought the habs played okay in the first period but that last last minute goal was a killer. The habs are a completely different team when they concede the first goal.

Anyways, full credit to the thrashers. They took the game over in the 2nd period, and out-skated, out-chanced, and out-competed montreal soundly.

If the thrashers can make a habit of playing with this sort of intensity and structure, they wont miss the playoffs, thats for sure.
The goal at the end of the first was a heart-breaker, particularly since it was because of such bad play by Gill and Gorges.

Another annoying trend, that's three games in a row we take a penalty in the first 30 seconds of the second period : Hamrlik twice (Phi, Atl) , Gill once (LA).

Hard to get the offense going for the second when you allow the opponent to set the rhythm like that.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

I was at the game (visiting some family and taking a break). Some thoughts on the play and the fans.

First, there were more fans in the seats for this tilt than I have ever seen for a Thrashers' game--certainly more than 10,000. About 20% were Habs' fans. There even was a good "Let's go Habs" chant going in the second and a whole corner of the ice with a big Canadian flag and a section of fans behind it. (They got into a little tussle with the Thrashers mascot at one point, but it might have been for fun--not sure).

Second, the Canadiens were flat-footed the entire night. Not sure what the problem is/was, but they looked like old men trying to get up the ice. This might have caused their positioning issues, which was abominable throughout the game.

Top that off with terrible decision-making shooting the puck and poor puck control and you will have a shut out against--no matter who is is between your pipes.

Yes, Atlanta is a good team (although they could have been beaten last night), but Montreal looked absolutely awful.

On the other hand, Eller looks like a star in the making. Not sure who he will play with when he grows into one, but he is going to be a stud.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:42 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
...the Canadiens were flat-footed the entire night. Not sure what the problem is/was, but they looked like old men trying to get up the ice. This might have caused their positioning issues, which was abominable throughout the game.
Yeah, I was kind of surprised at the "good first period" comments (before the goal at least) on RDS, to me they looked slow and uninspired. The only two guys showing any intensity were Pyatt and Eller. Even Halpern was flat.

Quote:
Top that off with terrible decision-making shooting the puck and poor puck control and you will have a shut out against--no matter who is is between your pipes.
This I'm not so sure about, I think Price would have had the second goal, and that would have at least kept us in the game longer. But for the most part, considering how they were playing, I'm not sure how much of a difference that would have made.

Quote:
Yes, Atlanta is a good team (although they could have been beaten last night), but Montreal looked absolutely awful.
Yup, if we'd played with the intensity we showed against LA, Vancouver or our first game against Philly we could have won that one.

Quote:
On the other hand, Eller looks like a star in the making. Not sure who he will play with when he grows into one, but he is going to be a stud.
Nothing to add to this, he's got a ways to go in terms of NHL level development, but the raw material is all there, and he is progressing nicely.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:58 AM
suprez

It's like the habs got a superiority complex against those team..

Trasher
Predators
Panthers
Lightning

It's the

-Who care about them? team..

It's like the habs always got some kind of motivation breaker against those wannabe NHL team.I'm not being a hater.I'm just saying loud what everyone think silently.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote