HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I Saw Markov Yesterday

Old
11-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Gore Habs Go

vCash: 500
I Saw Markov Yesterday

Yesterday morning I was sitting by the ER department at the Montreal General Hospital when lo and behold I saw him come out of an elevator.He was with a russian-looking blonde guy.

Here are a few comments/observations for anyone that hasn't seen him up close:

-He looks better in person. The Mr Bean comments aren't really fair.
-Many people were around and no one recognized him.
-He was wearing a grey tuque and sweat pants.
-His gait was normal and he didn't appear to be limping.
-He's not physically imposing but he appears to be in great shape and looks very solid. (The time I saw Laraque at Tim Horton's he was so wide I felt like a chipmunk.)
-My guess is he was there to meet with Kinnear.He did meet with that orthopedic surgeon in the US last week so who knows.
-He drove what seemed to be a black CL-class mercedes with tinted windows.
-He seems like a cool guy, it's a shame he's injured so often.

Gore Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Habs Go View Post
Yesterday morning I was sitting by the ER department at the Montreal General Hospital when lo and behold I saw him come out of an elevator.He was with a russian-looking blonde guy.

Here are a few comments/observations for anyone that hasn't seen him up close:

-He looks better in person. The Mr Bean comments aren't really fair.
-Many people were around and no one recognized him.
-He was wearing a grey tuque and sweat pants.
-His gait was normal and he didn't appear to be limping.
-He's not physically imposing but he appears to be in great shape and looks very solid. (The time I saw Laraque at Tim Horton's he was so wide I felt like a chipmunk.)
-My guess is he was there to meet with Kinnear.He did meet with that orthopedic surgeon in the US last week so who knows.
-He drove what seemed to be a black CL-class mercedes with tinted windows.
-He seems like a cool guy, it's a shame he's injured so often.
I cant help but feel hes (or the team) been rushed back on the ice two quickly for his last two injuries. First with the Olympics and now with this latest knee injury. This has sadly taken a toll on his body and I seriously doubt we'll ever see him in top shape again.

There was absolutely no reason to get him back on the ice asap or play him as much as JM played him on his latest return. The team was steaming ahead fine without Markov. I would have SLOWLY eased him back onto the line up. I seem to recall Markov playing 20+ mins right after he returned.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 04:33 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

to be honest, unless you tell me what color socks he was wearing, i'm calling shenanigans on your entire post.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Gore Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
to be honest, unless you tell me what color socks he was wearing, i'm calling shenanigans on your entire post.
No my post isn't b.s. What I said is true but you 're free to either believe it or not. Many players have been spotted at that hospital over the years. Doctors Kinnear and Mulder work there and they have pretty high tech imaging machines.

Gore Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:52 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

How was walking with limp?

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
I cant help but feel hes (or the team) been rushed back on the ice two quickly for his last two injuries. First with the Olympics and now with this latest knee injury. This has sadly taken a toll on his body and I seriously doubt we'll ever see him in top shape again.
Better pack those canned goods, y'know, December 21st 2012.

Get a friggin hold of yourself. Have you actually read about Justin Williams. His story pretty much makes your whole post irrelevant and insecure-lookin.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 06:31 AM
la25ecoupe

You didnt ask for a photo of with his knee?

I wish this time they wait until playoff to ease him in..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 06:34 AM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
How was walking with limp?
With a knee injury he should not be limping. If he cannot walk properly he should be on crutches. Limping just makes the injury worse.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:38 AM
sampollock

walking is a good sign right?

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:56 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
I would say...does it seem like everything is too quiet regarding Markov? I mean, make an announcement, or a trade...come on guys...we are not gonna bank the cap room if he is out for 3-4 months???

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:09 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:

If you tear your ACL clean through you have no pain the nerves are severed thus you can walk on it when I tore mine the first time I had to be helped off the ice only because it was too wobbly to skate on but I was walking on it after I got my gear off it just felt strange but there was no real pain. The more pain you feel the less severe the tear is. After 9 knee operations I know all to well how this goes lol.

I would like to see him traded problem is with all his injuries we are not going to have much trade value left in him anymore

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:19 AM
natal cleft

Quote:
he was still skating after injury from cooke if i recall correctly.

natal cleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:30 AM
TheBuriedHab

I heard walking isn't the problem. Its Pivoting on the ice that hurts like hell.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Next Best Thing*

Markov will probably play a couple of games towards the end of the season and this is what might happen:

a) He is the main reason we win 1-2 playoff series
b) is decent enough to contribute but not our best player
c) gets injured again

If A is not valid I think he has played his last games as a hab unless he will be willing to sign long term for cheap and finish his career on the island.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I would say...does it seem like everything is too quiet regarding Markov? I mean, make an announcement, or a trade...come on guys...we are not gonna bank the cap room if he is out for 3-4 months???
If they trade Markov I'm officially renouncing my loyalty to the Canadiens.

When he plays he's consistently our best player, he's said in interviews he wants to stay here, his trade value is super low now, his next contract will be lower than normal (I'm guessing he'll sign a one year deal for less than 5M) and he's what this team needs.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
If they trade Markov I'm officially renouncing my loyalty to the Canadiens.When he plays he's consistently our best player, he's said in interviews he wants to stay here, his trade value is super low now, his next contract will be lower than normal (I'm guessing he'll sign a one year deal for less than 5M) and he's what this team needs.
Come on now, Markov is close to being finished as a player and that is not the organizations fault. He's been the target of cheap shots and knee to knees that went unpunished (wildly hilarious fact) through the past 2 seasons.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
If you tear your ACL clean through you have no pain the nerves are severed thus you can walk on it when I tore mine the first time I had to be helped off the ice only because it was too wobbly to skate on but I was walking on it after I got my gear off it just felt strange but there was no real pain. The more pain you feel the less severe the tear is. After 9 knee operations I know all to well how this goes lol.

I would like to see him traded problem is with all his injuries we are not going to have much trade value left in him anymore
Interesting, cuz I partially tore ligaments in my knee and couldn't bend my leg completely for months. I was on crutches for a while too, then a cane, then limped for a bit. 9 knee surgeries...jeez...do you still feel pain?

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
If they trade Markov I'm officially renouncing my loyalty to the Canadiens.

When he plays he's consistently our best player, he's said in interviews he wants to stay here, his trade value is super low now, his next contract will be lower than normal (I'm guessing he'll sign a one year deal for less than 5M) and he's what this team needs.
Sorry, didn't mean they trade Markov, they should make a trade to replace him....

Old
11-27-2010, 09:56 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Come on now, Markov is close to being finished as a player and that is not the organizations fault. He's been the target of cheap shots and knee to knees that went unpunished (wildly hilarious fact) through the past 2 seasons.
I'm not sure what to think about your post.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Interesting, cuz I partially tore ligaments in my knee and couldn't bend my leg completely for months. I was on crutches for a while too, then a cane, then limped for a bit. 9 knee surgeries...jeez...do you still feel pain?
Same here! Actually, the last time I did it (*sigh*) I wasn't able to stand up for five weeks. I couldn't prevent my knee from bending at all and it would collapse under me. It took two years before I could do a full squat, even. It isn't like I was out of shape, either. (Although, I gained weight and haven't lost it yet... four years later)

I can't turn my knees sharply or they dislocate now. So, no more skating or skiing or snowboarding or... anything of that nature. Sucks... Mais, ces't la vie.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:01 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Same here! Actually, the last time I did it (*sigh*) I wasn't able to stand up for five weeks. I couldn't prevent my knee from bending at all and it would collapse under me. It took two years before I could do a full squat, even. It isn't like I was out of shape, either. (Although, I gained weight and haven't lost it yet... four years later)

I can't turn my knees sharply or they dislocate now. So, no more skating or skiing or snowboarding or... anything of that nature. Sucks... Mais, ces't la vie.
Yea, I couldn't squat for over a year. Sleeping was hell... LOL, brings back a lot of memories. Even now, when I run up stairs sometimes, my knee buckles.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:13 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Ya I still feel pain lol I am having my lateral ligament in my right knee repaired next this will be the 4th time I have had that one repaired. I will say when it first happens it swells and is a ***** to walk on but after 4 weeks I am back to no crutches. My last knee operation I was walking without crutches 3 days after surgury.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm not sure what to think about your post.
Well I fear for Markov, it's been pointed out numerous times over the radio and other sport shows that ACL injuries usually means ur career is done for.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:29 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Well I fear for Markov, it's been pointed out numerous times over the radio and other sport shows that ACL injuries usually means ur career is done for.
Let's hope for the best....the guy is crucial to our success...that being said, we have turned a corner on how to win without him...

Old
11-27-2010, 10:43 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
what the _ are you talking about???? Cheap shots? really?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote