HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 View Post
that's Pete Vandermeer, not Dan.
yeah, Pete is the oldest of the brothers

Old
11-24-2010, 10:01 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Ranford already has a goal after 1 period.

Old
11-24-2010, 11:36 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well Ranford had 1 goal in a 10-1 loss lol

Oh and he was even... now THATS impressive.

Old
11-25-2010, 12:11 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._junior_level/

Junior Update went up early today.

Includes a hefty chunk of Ranford and a lengthy section about Manning.

Next project is to get a full profile up for Manning. He has a page with a grade that the head editor, Ian, and I discussed at length about.

Most of the profiles you have been asking me about have been updated as well.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:56 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Interesting read.

How exactly do you guys determine the ranking for the prospects? I disagree with about 60% of them like Ranford being our 35th best and Pither being our 13th. At first I thought it must just be a really old ranking but then I saw Bordson on there so it can't be too old.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:04 AM
jb**

Lehtivuori didnt play last night. Is he hurt? cant imagine him being sat down.

Rinaldo should be in th etop 20. Your dislike for him clouds your judgment imo. Number 15 and 16 do not belong int he top 20 at all. You have testicles over holmstrum. Why? Your infatuation with pither also has him rated to high. What can you do.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:18 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Interesting read.

How exactly do you guys determine the ranking for the prospects? I disagree with about 60% of them like Ranford being our 35th best and Pither being our 13th. At first I thought it must just be a really old ranking but then I saw Bordson on there so it can't be too old.
The top 19 is an old ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Lehtivuori didnt play last night. Is he hurt? cant imagine him being sat down.

Rinaldo should be in the top 20. Your dislike for him clouds your judgment imo. Number 15 and 16 do not belong int he top 20 at all. You have testicles over holmstrum. Why? Your infatuation with pither also has him rated to high. What can you do.
Haha yes dude he got scratched. Your probablly thrilled but thats your *******ness. Yea his defense play the last few games hasnt been the best, and they wanted to see how Cullen Eddy did. There is word that Eddy will be sent back down in a few days. Just like JVR and Zherdev got sat in the NHL, Lehtivouri got sat but will be back in the lineup in no time.

And Rinaldo top 20? Please. The guy is back to playing on the 4th line on the Phantoms and the cut his time. He isnt doing **** down there now expect taking penalties.
Pither scored and is now said to be getting some more time.

Riopel has done more then Rinaldo, and just like you like it, based of off draft rankings Morrison has more potenial.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:30 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

Haha yes dude he got scratched. Your probablly thrilled but thats your *******ness. Yea his defense play the last few games hasnt been the best, and they wanted to see how Cullen Eddy did. There is word that Eddy will be sent back down in a few days. Just like JVR and Zherdev got sat in the NHL, Lehtivouri got sat but will be back in the lineup in no time.

And Rinaldo top 20? Please. The guy is back to playing on the 4th line on the Phantoms and the cut his time. He isnt doing **** down there now expect taking penalties.

Riopel has done more then Rinaldo, and just like you like it, based of off draft rankings Morrison has more potenial.
Believe it or not i am not happy he is scratched. He needs to play over guys who are not prospects. He has a chance to possibly make it ( I don’t think h ewill), however my expectations are much more realistic than some. He is nowhere close to making an nhl team. He has not played that well all year in the d end. On the pp he has been ok. Other than that not so good. People have their opinions and think he was playing well. Same with gustaffson. Bad in his own end.

Rinaldo has done exactly what they have asked from him. His play has been solid for a 1st year guy. He hasn’t been taking that many penalties at all imo. A few here and there and not putting the team in bad spots. Riopel, has done more? How so? Neighter one of those goalies imo are good enough to ever even sniff the nhl. So to me they are not good prospects.

Old
11-25-2010, 10:32 AM
jb**

Quote:

not sure what you mean

Old
11-25-2010, 06:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Interesting read.

Rankings of prospects are an imperfect system. I'm allowed to do top 20s twice a year with articles in between them.

Those things will obviously change even days, weeks, months into a new season.

So in retrospect would Ranford be higher?

If you took a poll of every Philly journalist, even the organization, Ranford would not be in our top 20 in August. I can assure you he'll be up there now.

I can't change the top 20 now. It's site rules. If writers could, there'd be far too much upheaval; it'd be far too unstable.

Also, there is only a top 20. Ranford is not a "35th" and never was a 35th. There is a top 20, and then there are other prospects.

Old
11-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Rankings of prospects are an imperfect system. I'm allowed to do top 20s twice a year with articles in between them.

Those things will obviously change even days, weeks, months into a new season.

So in retrospect would Ranford be higher?

If you took a poll of every Philly journalist, even the organization, Ranford would not be in our top 20 in August. I can assure you he'll be up there now.

I can't change the top 20 now. It's site rules. If writers could, there'd be far too much upheaval; it'd be far too unstable.

Also, there is only a top 20. Ranford is not a "35th" and never was a 35th. There is a top 20, and then there are other prospects.

Do the rules let you do an informal one between the 2 you are allowed to do? Because it would be an interesting topic for our Board during a downtime like after Christmas... a fun discussion as it were. Throw out a ranking and let everyone chew it up (or love it).

There is a baseball site "Phuture Phillies" that does this and it really gets a lot of activity and is very enjoyable. Just food for thought.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:10 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Do the rules let you do an informal one between the 2 you are allowed to do? Because it would be an interesting topic for our Board during a downtime like after Christmas... a fun discussion as it were. Throw out a ranking and let everyone chew it up (or love it).
Well, I try to keep as active on here as far as the prospects are concerned as possible.

I have done "unofficial" top 20s in terms of what I'm thinking for an upcoming top 20, and I will at some points have polls about some comparable prospects (like the Eriksson and Bobrovsky poll from a bit ago.

I'm technically not allowed to do anything official or give away what my top 20 will look like. If I do that, it defeats the purpose of having our readers come and click on the article. It's just like when posting a link on this website, you're not supposed to quote an entire article, just a chunk that is big enough for people to get the idea. It is up to them if they want to click the link and read the entirety.

Quote:
There is a baseball site "Phuture Phillies" that does this and it really gets a lot of activity and is very enjoyable. Just food for thought.
I would personally like to add more top 20 updates, maybe one more in the winter, and possibly change the grading system a bit (because I view our explanations of the current one to be a little incomplete/flaw).

I'd like to make things a little more active than what amounts to one team-based article per month and some random articles/features that we do.

That said, it's one thing to say that, and another thing entirely to put it into action.

The website is designed so that an excess flow of material per team would overwhelm the website and possibly the editors. Think about it this way, in any given month, you have 30 team articles, a bunch of random stuff, a number of country/league articles, and monthly features including On the Rush, Staff Calder Poll, and others.

Then you have podcasts and video taped interviews.

There's a ton of material flowing in and out. I know most of you would like to see more about the team, but that's not particularly reasonable.

I've contemplated a blog as well as re-hatching, or perhaps creating a new, twitter account so that I can get more and more information out there. Twitter bugs me though, and a website, though nice in theory, wouldn't necessarily get any more traffic/reads than I get just posting what I think about players/prospects/impressions/games I've seen than HFBoards itself.

So if people really would like more information, a separate but related blog to my position on HF is definitely possible.

Honestly, I wouldn't care all that much if other people, who are also interested/keep tabs on prospects, would like to get involved/post on such a blog.

But really, unless there's a need for it or someone who would like to see more done for the Flyers specifically (since a website-wide influx of Flyers' specific material is pretty much out of the question for reasons I have outlined), I don't see much of a point.

Last edited by CS: 11-26-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old
11-27-2010, 07:50 AM
jb**

The great gustafsson was a minus 4 yesterday. He is tearing it up. -18 for the year. I am sure that is a misleading stat in his case though. Lehitvuori a minus 19.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:25 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
The great gustafsson was a minus 4 yesterday. He is tearing it up. -18 for the year. I am sure that is a misleading stat in his case though. Lehitvuori a minus 19.
Certainly hard to say if it's misleading or not. Looking at their numbers alone, this team is putrid from top to bottom. If they keep this up they will be playing in front of an empty Glens Falls Civic Center before too long.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:33 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Certainly hard to say if it's misleading or not. Looking at their numbers alone, this team is putrid from top to bottom. If they keep this up they will be playing in front of an empty Glens Falls Civic Center before too long.
i know it is,i am just busting balls. He has looked bad in the defensive end though along with the finn. Then again others will tell you they have both played very well.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:45 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
i know it is,i am just busting balls. He has looked bad in the defensive end though along with the finn. Then again others will tell you they have both played very well.
and you'll only say they played awful. Why even post? You and the ass kissers shouldn't even be allowed to post in this thread since you bring NOTHING of value for anyone to read other than you are only interested in making sure everyone knows you hate every prospect the Flyers have or that they will all be future hall of famers.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:51 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
and you'll only say they played awful. Why even post? You and the ass kissers shouldn't even be allowed to post in this thread since you bring NOTHING of value for anyone to read other than you are only interested in making sure everyone knows you hate every prospect the Flyers have or that they will all be future hall of famers.
Why post? because i can. Who are these ass kissers you speak of by the way?

Stop your bellyaching you rat rink. Yeah you bring a lot of value, yes you do. Looking through your tinted flyers glasses gets you all warm and fuzzy inside doesnt it?

Well your wrong as i do not hate every prospect, never ever said anything of the sort. so try again. The flyers have no future hof in their prospect pool as we sit here today and i have never ever said anything of the sort

Old
11-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
The flyers have no future hof in their prospect pool as we sit here today and i have never ever said anything of the sort
There you go again. Proclaiming your opinion like it's fact. You really need to stop doing this if you want to be taken seriously. You have no idea what-soever what our prospects will turn out to be like.

Old
11-27-2010, 11:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Really dont know why you guys even respond to NWO. He only cheers for his 3-4 guys he really likes (Rinaldo, Klotz, etc etc), and everyone else he gets excited when they do bad. Same ol story.

Oh and his boy got suspended again for a headshot on another player. Yep, that Rinaldo is great haha

EDIT: Oh and NWO
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=5418

Check out the stats on the whole team. I guess they all just plain ol suck with those +/-'s.

Last edited by sa cyred: 11-27-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
There you go again. Proclaiming your opinion like it's fact. You really need to stop doing this if you want to be taken seriously. You have no idea what-soever what our prospects will turn out to be like.
our prospects blow

Old
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Does anyone have an Eriksson update for me?

Old
11-27-2010, 11:30 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
if it wasnt for those dirty soft euros the Phantoms would clearly be better right?

Old
11-27-2010, 11:33 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
our prospects blow
You're right. NoGoal has no shot.

Wellwood can never become a complimentary player.

Our defensive pool is overrated.

And our goalies? I mean a Russian 22-year-old who never got drafted and never had a coach? What is Holmgren thinking? Kid doesn't stand a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Does anyone have an Eriksson update for me?
He's doing MUCH better than he did when the season started. If you look back in this thread a page or two, there's a chunk of pretty up to date stats.

Old
11-27-2010, 11:49 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
listen clown hair. go back and re read. I know you can do it. When you do then get back to me ok. I really do not care if someone i do not know on a message board takes me seriously. So then who has this hof potential out of the prospect pool, since i am so off base in saying they have no one.

Old
11-27-2010, 11:52 AM
jb**

Quote:
Really dont know why you guys even respond to NWO. He only cheers for his 3-4 guys he really likes (Rinaldo, Klotz, etc etc), and everyone else he gets excited when they do bad. Same ol story.

Oh and his boy got suspended again for a headshot on another player. Yep, that Rinaldo is great haha

EDIT: Oh and NWO
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=5418

Check out the stats on the whole team. I guess they all just plain ol suck with those +/-'s.
where do you draw this conclusion i like klotz? i will say it again. he is terrible and will never ever play in the nhl. I bet you my boy rinaldo will have a longer nhl career than any 2 guys you want to pick currently on the phantoms.

Closed Thread