HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shea Weber

Old
11-26-2010, 03:57 PM
GravelTheOne

vCash: 500
Shea Weber

Hi folks,

I was wondering what's happening with Weber ? I was really exited to get him in my fantasy draft, but right now, he's absolutely brutal ...

Can somebody tell me what's going on with him ?

Thanks

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelTheOne View Post
Hi folks,

I was wondering what's happening with Weber ? I was really exited to get him in my fantasy draft, but right now, he's absolutely brutal ...

Can somebody tell me what's going on with him ?

Thanks
I have no idea, but he just looks awful. Last year i thought he was one of the top 5 D-men in the league, but I'm not sure he's in the top 30 right now....

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Liquidfire3240

Well he lost Suter for the longest time, so he was shuffled for a while and really hasnt broken out of the funk since then and shown the Weber of the past.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:50 PM
WartracePred

Wearing the "C" on his sweater has probably added a bit of stress as well. Mentally he has a lot more to deal with this year.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:27 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Wearing the "C" on his sweater has probably added a bit of stress as well. Mentally he has a lot more to deal with this year.
Yeah, I also thought about it, but if that's the case, it must be a concern. I mean, if wearing a 'C' makes him play bad, take it off of his sweater. This guy needs to be at his best if the Preds want to make it.

Old
11-26-2010, 05:32 PM
trevorbird

I'd say losing his mom to cancer in the offseason would have more of an effect on his stress level than wearing a letter on his chest. Not to make excuses for the guy, but that has to be pretty rough, especially since he's still pretty young to lose his mom...

trevorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbird View Post
I'd say losing his mom to cancer in the offseason would have more of an effect on his stress level than wearing a letter on his chest. Not to make excuses for the guy, but that has to be pretty rough, especially since he's still pretty young to lose his mom...
Excellent point. Obviously the wearing the "C" and losing Suter are the main on-ice factors with his performance, but you point out a huge off-ice factor.

He clearly needs to bump up his game, but I'm still giving him a semi-pass for now and hoping that as the season progresses everything will settle out personally and performance wise.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Jarnberg

Weber has not looked good at all this year, even with Suter. He looks pretty average without Suter in the lineup. And this is both offensively and defensively. Weber's bad play is a big part of our failure on the PP. We rely on him so much (and teams look to shut this down). Even if we get it to him, his shot almost always misses the net, creating an easy clear for the other team.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

The whole team is struggling. Weber and Suter looked good at the beginning year for the first few games. Then Suter got hurt, which caused Weber to slump. Weber looks a little better now IMO, but Suter does not, except on the PP. They'll both get it together soon.

Not sure what you were expecting out of Weber though. He'll never be one of those players that is good for fantasy. No one on the Predators is. Hopefully your league counts hits because he is 4th in the league, not to mention 3rd in the league in shots. "Brutal" is a little harsh of an analysis of his play this year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:19 PM
GravelTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
The whole team is struggling. Weber and Suter looked good at the beginning year for the first few games. Then Suter got hurt, which caused Weber to slump. Weber looks a little better now IMO, but Suter does not, except on the PP. They'll both get it together soon.

Not sure what you were expecting out of Weber though. He'll never be one of those players that is good for fantasy. No one on the Predators is. Hopefully your league counts hits because he is 4th in the league, not to mention 3rd in the league in shots. "Brutal" is a little harsh of an analysis of his play this year.
My pool only counts points. Weber is a 45-50 points player, wich is among best offensive D. 23 and 16 goals last 2 years, he's on pace for 7 goals, 23 assists and 30 points. This is way under his normal production.

Old
11-28-2010, 11:06 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

He's had alot to deal with this past year. He'll overcome this mini-slump. Just trying to force the offense instead of going with the flow of the game.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
kakemono

The team has 5 points in the last 5 games. It isn't a Weber slump - it is a Preds slump.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
dunkykeith4president

He sure looks better than dunk right now ill tell you that

dunkykeith4president is offline   Reply With Quote