HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Zeiler on re-entry waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
  #1
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,975
vCash: 500
Zeiler on re-entry waivers

TSNBobMcKenzie:

"LAK put John Zeiler on re-entry waivers."

Unless they know a team will claim him why are they doing this?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:21 PM
  #2
Belanger25
ZUES!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Upland
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie:

"LAK put John Zeiler on re-entry waivers."

Unless they know a team will claim him why are they doing this?
Either they're calling him up, they know another team wants to claim him, or he's apart of a trade.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
  #3
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 500
They need someone to help knock down the boards after the game tonight.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:23 PM
  #4
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
4th line RW spot.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:23 PM
  #5
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie:

"LAK put John Zeiler on re-entry waivers."

Unless they know a team will claim him why are they doing this?
Drugs

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:25 PM
  #6
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
pickhimuppickhimuppickhimuppickhimuprubbingluckyra bitsfootpickhimuppickhimup

I am not aware of the insipid mr zeilers contract but is it one of those he has to clear waivers to be recalled sort of things? If it is and he is recalled I am going on vacation.

my reasons are mostly personal but TZ hasn't proven too much to me to warrant his getting a shot at playing in the NHL. People with actual skill have bled for their shot and never got it. People with integrity have given everything that they had to get their shot and not make it. People who understand what the term "personal sacrifice" means gave everything to get their shot to put on an NHL uniform one time and never got the opportunity.

Tod Zeiler in my experience had his chance. Of course I believe people can change and hope that he has and if he makes it onto another NHL roster I hope that his entire approach and attitude have changed in the past two years. Anything less then a pretty significant turn around would be wasting an NHL roster spot imo.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:28 PM
  #7
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
pickhimuppickhimuppickhimuppickhimuprubbingluckyra bitsfootpickhimuppickhimup

I am not aware of the insipid mr zeilers contract but is it one of those he has to clear waivers to be recalled sort of things? If it is and he is recalled I am going on vacation.

my reasons are mostly personal but TZ hasn't proven too much to me to warrant his getting a shot at playing in the NHL. People with actual skill have bled for their shot and never got it. People with integrity have given everything that they had to get their shot and not make it. People who understand what the term "personal sacrifice" means gave everything to get their shot to put on an NHL uniform one time and never got the opportunity.

Tod Zeiler in my experience had his chance. Of course I believe people can change and hope that he has and if he makes it onto another NHL roster I hope that his entire approach and attitude have changed in the past two years. Anything less then a pretty significant turn around would be wasting an NHL roster spot imo.
Who the hell is Tod Zeiler???



































his name is John.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:30 PM
  #8
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
no one will pick him up

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
  #9
lafan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
maybe tod is short for "retod"

lafan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
  #10
Belanger25
ZUES!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Upland
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Who the hell is Tod Zeiler???
his name is John.
For all these year's Tonelli has held a grudge against the wrong Zeiler, poor John.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:40 PM
  #11
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
For all these year's Tonelli has held a grudge against the wrong Zeiler, poor John.
lol.


Manchester just got a whole lot younger.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
  #12
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,131
vCash: 500
Recalled for first line LW

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
  #13
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Are we playing the Avs soon?

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:59 PM
  #14
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind Zeiler. But re-entry means he's either part of a trade and someone is going to claim him and then the Kings do a 1 for 2 trade. Or, the Kings feel another team is willing to take him. But isn't he on the last season of his contract? Has to be a trade.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:00 PM
  #15
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Recalled for first line LW
lol This.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:03 PM
  #16
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
pickhimuppickhimuppickhimuppickhimuprubbingluckyra bitsfootpickhimuppickhimup

I am not aware of the insipid mr zeilers contract but is it one of those he has to clear waivers to be recalled sort of things? If it is and he is recalled I am going on vacation.

my reasons are mostly personal but TZ hasn't proven too much to me to warrant his getting a shot at playing in the NHL. People with actual skill have bled for their shot and never got it. People with integrity have given everything that they had to get their shot and not make it. People who understand what the term "personal sacrifice" means gave everything to get their shot to put on an NHL uniform one time and never got the opportunity.

Tod Zeiler in my experience had his chance. Of course I believe people can change and hope that he has and if he makes it onto another NHL roster I hope that his entire approach and attitude have changed in the past two years. Anything less then a pretty significant turn around would be wasting an NHL roster spot imo.
wow...wut?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
  #17
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind Zeiler. But re-entry means he's either part of a trade and someone is going to claim him and then the Kings do a 1 for 2 trade. Or, the Kings feel another team is willing to take him. But isn't he on the last season of his contract? Has to be a trade.

he's around $279K at half his cap.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
  #18
R0CKET
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
You have to admit that this team is REAL trouble at the wing position when it has to make a call-up and Zeiler is the guy on the next plane into LA.

I'm all for supporting Dean's "build it from the blue line out" concept but we have been utterly useless at developing wing position players.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:16 PM
  #19
Belanger25
ZUES!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Upland
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
You have to admit that this team is REAL trouble at the wing position when it has to make a call-up and Zeiler is the guy on the next plane into LA.

I'm all for supporting Dean's "build it from the blue line out" concept but we have been utterly useless at developing wing position players.
That's what's confusing me. What is the reasoning behind Zeiler being promoted to the big club(if he is) when we have people like Moller and Loktionov who may not be natural wingers but can play a more offensive role than Zeiler can. That's why I'm wondering if this is step one of a trade.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:28 PM
  #20
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
That's what's confusing me. What is the reasoning behind Zeiler being promoted to the big club(if he is) when we have people like Moller and Loktionov who may not be natural wingers but can play a more offensive role than Zeiler can. That's why I'm wondering if this is step one of a trade.
It has to be. Seems like the Kings need to clear out a roster spot and the team x is willing to take Zeiler if he's at half of his cap hit. So they claim him on re-entry then the Kings send one guy to team x for 2 players.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:37 PM
  #21
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,289
vCash: 500
My guess is that Zeiler is up and King is back down. From some Manchester faithful, Zeiler has been on of their more consistant players.

He may have found a team in Europe to play for.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:39 PM
  #22
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
I don't get it? There's going to be a trade? It better not be because Zeiler is going to play for us, that's ridiculous, we have so many other players who would be better up here than him, like Clune, who's been playing well for the Monarchs

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:40 PM
  #23
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
Hopefully this signifies the end of Dwight King in the NHL for now. Maybe some day he'll be a productive player, but at the moment he is nowhere close to NHL ready. He does nothing to justify a roster spot.

As hated as he is, at least Zeiler brings energy and physical play. Much more useful on the 4th line than King.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:41 PM
  #24
R0CKET
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
It has to be. Seems like the Kings need to clear out a roster spot and the team x is willing to take Zeiler if he's at half of his cap hit. So they claim him on re-entry then the Kings send one guy to team x for 2 players.
Would seem like a set-up that would be part of a potential deal with Boston?

Bruins get a player who has played at the NHL level and they send Ryder (and his hefty contract for this year) back to LA + something else.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:41 PM
  #25
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
This thread brings back fond memories of my far distant younger days almost 4 years ago.

I had a seat behind the goal at Staples for Zeiler's first NHL game with the Kings, way back in The Garon Era.

I was sitting there watching the Kings warm up in front of me and all of a sudden, saw this guy, had no idea who he was, skating with all the familiar Kings. I thought maybe he was an assistant trainer or something, who hurriedly threw on a uniform at the last minute and hopped on the ice. Then someone behind me at the same time said, "Oh look, the waterboy is going to play for the Kings tonite, look over there" And the person with him apparently tried to read his name off the jersey and said, "Zee-land."

I dearly hope we are indeed getting a scoring LW out of an imminent deal and we can finally close the books on Zee-land's epic saga.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.