HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slats in no rush to add Brad

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2010, 01:19 AM
  #101
Ke11y96
Registered User
 
Ke11y96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
^^ do you think his time can come as soon as next season?

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:27 AM
  #102
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,110
vCash: 500
3-5 year deal on 7/1 would be perfectly fine with me.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:01 AM
  #103
BobSantos
 
BobSantos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Well he'll be an RFA this summer.
If we can somehow get away from Rozy this trade deadline or summer, Big Buff for two or three seasons wouldn't be a bad idea, as a bridge until McIlrath is ready.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 08:22 PM
  #104
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Why would signing Richards in the summer be so hard?
We'll have the cap space, and we don't have to fill out the roster until the end of training camp, which means the 20-22nd spots don't have to be signed UNTIL Redden is sent down and further Dubi/Cally/An don't have to be signed (given they are RFA) until late Sept.

Not to mention, we can buy out Rozy or Drury or somebody else.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
  #105
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,086
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
If we can somehow get away from Rozy this trade deadline or summer, Big Buff for two or three seasons wouldn't be a bad idea, as a bridge until McIlrath is ready.
I don't get why people act like it's impossible to trade Rozi. Slats had the opportunity to, but he wants good assets for him - he's not gonna give him away.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM
  #106
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
McIlrath wasn't drafted for nothing.

He's the right handed, nasty, gritty, bomb from the point on the PP, defenseman that will log a ton of minutes, that is being asked for.

That's why they drafted him. And if Staal and Del Zotto are any indication, he's not going to take long to reach the NHL. If they see he's physically ready for it, they'll give him every opportunity to make the team. Just like Staal and Del Zotto.

They didn't draft him to clog up the defense corp with over-priced UFA's.

They deliberately drafted him for this exact reason.
They drafted him because the forwards went off the board at a wild pace.

Theres no way that he was the Rangers top target.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 03:18 PM
  #107
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
They drafted him because the forwards went off the board at a wild pace.

Theres no way that he was the Rangers top target.
go do some research
he absolutely was
Gordie said they had been targeting him since last december
and then made a point of saying the day before the draft
"You dont have to be a scorer to be a special player"
and then after they picked mcilrath
"i hope everyone got my hint in last nights interview"

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 03:19 PM
  #108
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,086
vCash: 50
There's a reason that McIlrath's lettering was stitched on, and not velcro. They knew who they wanted.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:32 PM
  #109
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
go do some research
he absolutely was
Gordie said they had been targeting him since last december
and then made a point of saying the day before the draft
"You dont have to be a scorer to be a special player"
and then after they picked mcilrath
"i hope everyone got my hint in last nights interview"
Fooled again by the NY Rangers PR machine.

If any of the forwards that went in the top 9 were still on the board, the Rangers would've and should've choose them.

If Dylan McIlrath was this teams #1 priority with a top 10 draft pick, well, that would be just kind of sad.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:46 PM
  #110
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Fooled again by the NY Rangers PR machine.

If any of the forwards that went in the top 9 were still on the board, the Rangers would've and should've choose them.

If Dylan McIlrath was this teams #1 priority with a top 10 draft pick, well, that would be just kind of sad.
the only person being fooled here is you by yourself. the video evidence supports it. get over it already.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:48 PM
  #111
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Fooled again by the NY Rangers PR machine.

If any of the forwards that went in the top 9 were still on the board, the Rangers would've and should've choose them.

If Dylan McIlrath was this teams #1 priority with a top 10 draft pick, well, that would be just kind of sad.
Gordie said before the draft that they knew who they wanted and they were pretty confident he would fall to them.

Based on Gordie passing over Cam, one of his favorite guys at spot #10, I think it is safe to say they knew who they were going to pick.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:49 PM
  #112
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,086
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Gordie said before the draft that they knew who they wanted and they were pretty confident he would fall to them.

Based on Gordie passing over Cam, one of his favorite guys at spot #10, I think it is safe to say they knew who they were going to pick.
This basically confirms it. Gordie love(s,d)Fowler. To pass up on him, says a lot.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 06:14 PM
  #113
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Fooled again by the NY Rangers PR machine.

If any of the forwards that went in the top 9 were still on the board, the Rangers would've and should've choose them.

If Dylan McIlrath was this teams #1 priority with a top 10 draft pick, well, that would be just kind of sad.
agreed.

i just felt that we really wanted to go forward in this draft. there were alot of real solid forwards avail. 5-10 and you gotta believe gordie thought he was money to get one of these guys below.

johansen
connolly
burmistrov
skinner

but, all those guys were gone and im almost certain atleast 2 of them were top targets ahead of mcilrath.

i would guess that had any of those guys still been there, big mac prolly isnt the ranger pick. since all the top forwards were gone, other than tarasenko whom they obviously didnt like, looks to me they went with the defensman they really liked all along.

not bpa, best d man available and even then, fowler was, and probably will be, the better player.

time will tell.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 06:18 PM
  #114
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,086
vCash: 50
I hate all these people saying "BPA, BPA". YOU might think that McI wasn't BPA, but the Rangers obviously thought he was. Again, his lettering was stitched on. Teams don't do that unless they know who they want.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 06:50 PM
  #115
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Fooled again by the NY Rangers PR machine.

If any of the forwards that went in the top 9 were still on the board, the Rangers would've and should've choose them.

If Dylan McIlrath was this teams #1 priority with a top 10 draft pick, well, that would be just kind of sad.
Sorry, BRB, but, having just watched Oil Change on the NHL Network, I can verify that McIlrath was listed by the Oilers head scout as one of the seven players worth trading up to get - Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gudbranson, Johansen and Campbell were the other six. It was not Ranger hype machine.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 07:52 PM
  #116
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,072
vCash: 500
I just can't wait for Big Mac to sink or swim in the NHL so every thread doesn't become focused on him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
  #117
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Sorry, BRB, but, having just watched Oil Change on the NHL Network, I can verify that McIlrath was listed by the Oilers head scout as one of the seven players worth trading up to get - Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gudbranson, Johansen and Campbell were the other six. It was not Ranger hype machine.
What does that prove in regards to this conversation? My point is that is any of the forwards that wound up going in the top 9, I think the Rangers would have chosen them. If they went with a guy like McIlrath over someone like, say, Burmistrov or Skinner, I'd have to seriously question the organization's recognition of this team's weaknesses and whats making teams successful in the post-lockout era (young, high-end, creative forwards).

A 3-second video clip? A stiched jersey? These are open-ended inferences in an attempt to justify that the draft went exactly as the New York Rangers wanted it to. Im sure theres plenty of other clips where Clark makes vague comments about a potential choice, just as there were 5 stitched jerseys under that table.

I mean, I shouldnt be surprised here....Gordie Clark, who has done a good job, but is highly overrated on this board, can't seem to do any wrong recently. Its pretty obvious that McIlrath was the defenseman he wanted, but if that was legitimately his #1 target at #10?? I dont want to believe that was the case, because it would be extremely misguided.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:43 PM
  #118
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
30's the new 50, don't you know.

I'd like to have Richards on this team, but not through a trade. If he re-ups in Dallas then so be it.
hes not going to resign with dallas, book it

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 10:29 AM
  #119
Ke11y96
Registered User
 
Ke11y96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Not Larry's best work. So, we aren't going to give up any of our BEST young players for Richards? No ****, Brooksy. This article is meaningless. None of the posters here who are looking for a Richards trade want or are pushing for any of Staal or Callahan or Del Zotto, etc. to be included in such a deal, nor is there any chance of that happening.

Richards and Daley for McDonagh, Grachev, Rozsival, White and a 1st conditional on Richards re-signing.

Watch what happens in February.

Oh, and IMO, there is absolutely no chance Richards will sign a contract with Toronto. As I said in another thread the other day, I can't imagine any top star wanting to play for a Toronto team that is poorly put together and is going nowhere if they can get paid elsewhere.
I agree with this ^ What people forget is Richards has a NTC even if Toronto or Say Edmonton give an incredible offer are those places Richards would go? There's a lot that says he's NYC bound if he has it his way and since he controls where he's traded, or even signs if he makes it to 7/1 we have his favorite coach in Torts, World Class goaltending, a high caliber winger for him, and we are much more playoff bound than any other team looking for that #1 Center. Also someone should confirm this but wasn't Brad Richards up in NYC for Avery's restaurant/bar opening? Just seems like too perfect of a spot for him to be, especially if he likes Avery even!

I don't think it'll take a huge offer to get him with regards to people thinking dubi, cally, staal, or steps/anisimov have to be apart of it..I agree it'll be Rozy that goes for cap purposes, probably Valentenko over McD because they'll keep Stepan's buddy. Definitely a 1st Rd Pick, he's not valuable but Christensen goes in the deal, so they get a center back.

1st, Rozy, Christensen, Valentenko, & Grachev...I don't think White goes in this deal, him, frolov, gilroy, will all be moved in various deals to help clear extra cap for him, or maybe get Rozy's replacement. You make this deal end of January Early Feb and you end up with something like this..

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Prospal - Stepan - Callahan
Avery - Anisimov - Fedotenko
Boyle - Drury - Prust
Boogaard

Staal - Girardi
Del Zotto - XXXXX
Eminger - Sauer

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
  #120
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
I agree with this ^ What people forget is Richards has a NTC even if Toronto or Say Edmonton give an incredible offer are those places Richards would go? There's a lot that says he's NYC bound if he has it his way and since he controls where he's traded, or even signs if he makes it to 7/1 we have his favorite coach in Torts, World Class goaltending, a high caliber winger for him, and we are much more playoff bound than any other team looking for that #1 Center. Also someone should confirm this but wasn't Brad Richards up in NYC for Avery's restaurant/bar opening? Just seems like too perfect of a spot for him to be, especially if he likes Avery even!

I don't think it'll take a huge offer to get him with regards to people thinking dubi, cally, staal, or steps/anisimov have to be apart of it..I agree it'll be Rozy that goes for cap purposes, probably Valentenko over McD because they'll keep Stepan's buddy. Definitely a 1st Rd Pick, he's not valuable but Christensen goes in the deal, so they get a center back.

1st, Rozy, Christensen, Valentenko, & Grachev...I don't think White goes in this deal, him, frolov, gilroy, will all be moved in various deals to help clear extra cap for him, or maybe get Rozy's replacement. You make this deal end of January Early Feb and you end up with something like this..

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Prospal - Stepan - Callahan
Avery - Anisimov - Fedotenko
Boyle - Drury - Prust
Boogaard

Staal - Girardi
Del Zotto - XXXXX
Eminger - Sauer
no way to i trade vtank, grachev AND a 1st for richards....the guy is an FA at the end of the year....its one thing if he was signed but were going to have to throw money at him

we either wait it out and go after him when he hits the market, which he will

or slats trades some garbage for him, i.e. Frolov, Gilroy, Minor Prospect, 2nd/3rd rounder

If dallas doesnt want to take that then **** it...wait till the offseason, i think its pretty obvious is NY will pony up the money he will be here

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 11:14 AM
  #121
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
i meant to say i think its pretty obvious IF* ny pony's up the money he will be here...


i cant edit posts sorry

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 07:11 PM
  #122
Chief
Registered User
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
There's a reason that McIlrath's lettering was stitched on, and not velcro. They knew who they wanted.
Since the 04 draft the Rangers have taken multiple jerseys with names on them to the draft table. In the 04 draft program the Rangers did, they showed someone from another team's brass joke at the Rangers brass as they passed by with 4 or 5 equipments bags bags with their jerseys in them. The Rangers have enough cash that they don't need to go velcro.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
  #123
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,281
vCash: 500
Dubinsky--Richards--Gaborik
Kreider--Stepan--Callahan

OR

Kreider--Richards--Gaborik
Dubinsky--Stepan--Callahan

____________________

Avery--Anisimov--Grachev
Prust--Boyle--Boogaard.

Staal--Girardi
MDZ--Sauer
Valentanko--McD

I want this team next year.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
  #124
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Dubinsky--Richards--Gaborik
Kreider--Stepan--Callahan

OR

Kreider--Richards--Gaborik
Dubinsky--Stepan--Callahan

____________________

Avery--Anisimov--Grachev
Prust--Boyle--Boogaard.

Staal--Girardi
MDZ--Sauer
Valentanko--McD

I want this team next year.
I'm only going off the reports of others, but I'd be surprised if Kreider is ready for Top-6 minutes next season.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
  #125
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,222
vCash: 500
According to Pierre LeBrun on HNIC, the Rangers WANT Richards. Originally, they were prepared to wait until July 1, but, they don't want him going elsewhere at the deadline, so, (according to LeBrun), they will part with assets to get him.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.